Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm looking to rearrange my living room gaming setup and need some wireless things. What should I look at for a wireless gaming keyboard? Cherry red or speed? I want a full size keyboard. I currently use Logitech G710+ which is fine but the wires are starting to be annoying and the browns are occasionally too slow for twitchy stuff.

Also is there like a living room PC gaming thread somewhere or interest in one or an I weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wireless, preferably rechargable, full size keyboard for mostly gaming? I can give or take other bells and whistles and I'd prefer to find something under $100. I have a g710+ (the brown one) right now which I like but I want to switch to wireless.

I've found the keys sometimes don't come back up quite fast enough (for things with precise timing) because I bottom out with them but I don't know if I should go with a lighter switch that comes up faster or a heavier switch so I don't bottom out?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ColHannibal posted:

Logitech g613, also you want a heavier switch which won’t come from Logitech.

Ditch the wireless requirement and we can give a better recommendation.

teethgrinder posted:

And if tenkeyless is acceptable over full-size, Varmilos are an option for wireless.

Unfortunately wireless is like the one thing I really want at the moment. G613 looks like a good deal for me at the moment since best buy has that and the mouse I want on sale. Gonna take a look at those Varmilos too. Thanks for the suggestions!

E: the full-size requirement is less important than the wireless.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 9, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Anyone have a suggestion for a good wireless keyboard? I was looking for a mechanical one a while back which it turns out basically doesn't exist but now my keyboard is starting to die so I might as well see if there's any good wireless boards I can use for a bit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Any of y'all have experience with the Logitech G915 or Razer Turret wireless keyboards? Looking to upgrade from my G613 and those two seem like the best options for me. I already have a G903 mouse so I don't really need the mouse the Turret comes with or the sliding mousepad but the two options are the same price so.

E: Wait nm the turret doesn't have a numpad that's cancelled lmao.

Anyway I still haven't found a perfect wireless keyboard that's full size with mechanical switches so if anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 1, 2020

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

What do I look for in a keyboard if I want speed for games? Like lots of inputs every second from wasd, e, tab, and space? My current keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow v3 pro because I needed wireless when I bought it and don't need wireless anymore. It's decent but it has some weird issues and doesn't seem to be quite fast enough for what I need even using the wired connection. I think the switches on it are pretty close to blue switches; Is there another type that would be better for this kind of input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

quote:

You want linear switches, N-key rollover, and, if you're super obsessed with minimum possible latency, wired (though good wireless keyboards are fine). Everything else is seasoning to taste.

quote:

If you're after absolute lowest latency there's also polling rate and debounce to consider. QMK-based controllers have a fairly low rate, and regular mechanical switches have a small delay for debounce.

https://wooting.io/wooting_two_he

Wooting advertise low latency as one of their features, I don't think anyone ever bothers to test these things though

quote:

RTINGS tests keyboard latency

https://www.rtings.com/keyboard/tests/latency

Thanks y'all, this'll help me a lot :toot: