Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

Gentlemen of taste, refinement, luxury.

Women want us, men want to be us.
Whatup gewns I just did my first build:

I have a CODE keyboard at home with cherry clears. Whenever I went to work my typo rate would increase exponentially due to the lovely wireless Mac keyboards we get.

Eames lounge inspired. QMK60 with 65 keys, cherry browns, rosewood case. Definitely like how much little pressure the browns require compared to the clears. I feel I get quite a bit of a finger workout with the clears, but these browns are as smooth as butter.

Wish I could get blues but alas, I work in an open office and would prefer not to drive everyone absolutely crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

How long did it take/how annoying was it to adjust to using other layers for the F-keys? I use them a lot in my daily work.

About an hour since they’re mapped to my top keys. Same with the media keys.

Having a 1x sized right shift has taken much longer to adjust to.

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

Future of this thread.

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

tater_salad posted:

Okay so I want to get keycaps at some point and digging all the random poo poo is frustrating. As all get out.

Here's what I want.
1 Not to spend eleventy billion dollars.
2. Translucent numbers/ letters if possible (can either be top or side side is kind of cool)
3. That old school 80s color for the main keys.
Something like this, lighter color preferred.

This would be for cherry mx switches.

KBDfans has a ton of options. These, for example.