Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Megalixir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCwsIFnzBrc

I uploaded a typing test of the 30g Realforce 10th Anniversary I had. This was on SoundCloud which is going to explode soon, so I wanted to preserve it. I also have one of the Type-S in there somewhere but there are probably better videos to reference since it's a way more common keyboard.

God drat I need me some cup rubber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My hands are cramping just reading these words.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

“keeb”, please.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This also makes the plastic more brittle after you’re done.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I almost bought a board with blacks but i pussied out at the last second thinking about my precious finger joints.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah if the motherboard is being used, it’s providing enough power. You should next look into the quality/capacity of the cable. Did it ship with the keyboard? Do other users report the same issue?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

poo poo that looks nice. Like I’d buy a new keeb just to slap those on.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It comes down to ABS vs PBT and if it isn’t PBT it is trash.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Artisan coiled cables are the funniest thing to me because it’s almost 100% a visual thing. The coil doesn’t actually behave like an industrially produced coiled cable.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

A lot of people literally just wrap it around a pencil and take a picture before it spins out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is there software that tracks key presses so I can get an idea of how often I use things like function keys, arrows and numpad?

I feel like that would help me decide what level of compact keeb is right for me.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just got an email from WASD that says they’re gonna start selling CODEs with zealios.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

They get easier to press over time too. It’s either a wearing-in thing or your fingers just get super roided out and you need to graduate up to clears.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God dammit that looks boss

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

How have you had a kB for 5 years but also 13 months?

Get a CODE from WASD

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah the wire spreader one is probably the best design and least likely to gently caress up the caps.

I had a plastic one with the ring on it but it cracked and became useless very quickly.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I keep power bottoming out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Cloud software? For a keeb?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The true answer is beam springs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Man I want an ergodox for work so bad

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Are there any keebs that have a numpad but are still compact or smaller than standard 104 keyboards? I want to spend $250 on something I want but don't need.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

poo poo that is lovely to look at. Thanks.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Wait your keyboard mounts as a mass storage drive? Man, 2019 is nuts.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You definitely get looks you just choose not to notice them. And, hell, same.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Meldonox posted:

Is there a particularly good switch or keyboard type for someone who types really hard?

I grew up learning to type with and playing computer games on one of those classic IBM keyboards, so I'm a super hard key presser. I've been wanting a new keyboard for work so I'm not stuck using a laptop keyboard, but I can really make a keyboard sing. I messed with a Cherry sampler someone brought to the office, but it was pretty immediately apparent that red, blue, green, it didn't matter what switch or whether I use dampening rings, I bottom keys out hard enough that you're gonna hear my typing loud and clear.

Just buy a Unicomp

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This is possibly a longshot but i've spent the last 20 minutes googling: can anyone help me locate the manual for the KBTalking Pro Value Edition BT keyboard?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is there a similar thread for this sort of thing dedicated to arcade controllers? Like in the games sub forum or something?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I got another CODE to match my work setup and I forgot how good this board looks stock. The caps it ships with legit look good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

What happened to your Unicomp that it stopped working?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

A neutrik USB-B like how some fight sticks have would be completely ok with me

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm sure on some level stem lube is time/temperature sensitive but I'd wager as long as it's been kept indoors at a reasonable temperature it's perfectly fine to still use.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ewen Cluney posted:

Have you heard about the AlphaGrip?

Strange way to flare the base but it works.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Does it only do it with certain letters or all of them?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lord Stimperor posted:

That's what I fear as well, because my other key iard is now showing these problems (flashed my keen for nothing :x). Hope I don't have to reinstall Windows to get things to work again.

If you're formatting your machine to get a keyboard to work, take a step back and reevaluate

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'll take one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I need a keyboard that has the following options:

-bluetooth
-Compact but has dedicated arrow keys
-Has a function row but doesn't need to be dedicated (i.e. it can be an alternate mode for the number row)
-some kind of tactile switch like clears or browns

What are my options? Amazon has a bunch of Keychrons that fit the bill but I've never used that brand.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The use case is in my living room to occasionally use with a MiSTer when I need to do any configuration that I can't do with a controller.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I have one of the eight key pads from here:

https://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-falcon-8-rgb-custom-programmable-mini-macropad-mechanical-keyboard-assembled.html

They make bigger ones too.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Honestly after I posted that I remembered the software and then had a thought like "maybe it's better now?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ah hell I'll buy that for eighty seven dollars.