Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

anothergod posted:

I am looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard in the 50-60 range. I found some on Amazon for about that, but I've never heard of Red Dragon or Element or w/e keyboards, and I'm wondering what I'm losing out vs. the $100+ Duckys etc.

Check out the qisan magicforce 68 (assuming you're cool with not having a numpad). There's a version with Gateron switches (instead of cherry mx) and no LEDs that you can find for like $30-40. If you decide to spring for lights and cherry switches it's like 65 or 70 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Magical Bee posted:

I bought a cheap mechanical keyboard with blue switches a while ago, but I was banned from using it around people. Would browns or reds be quiet enough to use around people? Or something else? Dampeners? I'm new to this.

I had a keyboard with MX browns which aren't as loud as blues, but my wife said she could definitely hear them from the other room. I'm using silent reds now and no complaints. I don't mind the feel either.