Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

redeyes posted:

That is badass! I need to convince myself I actually need it. I only have a phone and tablet.

I have one of these, it's the perfect living room keyboard. Toggle between Apple TV and PS4 easily and it's not half bad to actually type on. Have a phone or tablet in the slot for walkthroughs and you're set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Get the Corsair K70 Lux. It's single color LED (blue or red) that you can dim or turn off, you can get it in brown switches, and it has all the stuff you need and none that you don't. They're on sale for $90.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The K70lux doesn't require any software as it doesn't have RGB or macro keys and ergo doesn't need programmability. You only need the software with the RGB keyboards, and even then it'll still work without it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
You can remap key modifiers on Mac OS, so you can swap the function of "alt" and "windows" keys on windows layout keyboards to behave like a Mac layout keyboard.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 28, 2019

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The Tactile Pro uses Alps keyswtiches similar to the AEK I. I’ve got both an AEK I and II in the house and I’ve typed on a Tactile Pro. The AEK II has Alps damped switches, which are quieter but still clicky. Because of this, the Tactile pro won’t feel like an AEK II (which is the one most people prefer). But it’s still a great typing keyboard.

There’s some ergonomic differences between these keyboards and the AEKs, the keycaps aren’t exactly the same and the shape of the keyboard is different enough that it’s not the same experience. The tactile pro does get pretty close to the AEK I, but most people I know prefer the AEK II and the Tactile Pro feels qualitatively different. IIRC the Matias Laptop Pro or whatever uses damped switches and feels more like the AEK II, but it’s still not the same.

But that’s still a great find, so congrats on a great keyboard.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Well what the gently caress. My standard version has a bluetooth logo on the bottom too. Now the only difference I see between the two is whether it has a receiver in the box or not.

I think the MX Master 2 or 1, whichever I replaced with the Master 3 didn't have Bluetooth? Maybe?

Whatever. Get the MX Master 3 or 3S. They're good mice, Brint.

There is no functional difference between the regular and “Mac edition” MX Masters except for colors and the fact that the Mac Edition doesn’t include a dongle in the box. The mice themselves have all the same functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

DeusIgnis posted:

Other than Keychron, I feel like the mechanical keyboard world isn’t very friendly to Apple users. Anyone know of any other brands that support the bitten fruit?

Unless you really want legends that say cmd/option, you can always remap the function of the alt, ctrl, windows, and capslock keys in the OS as a last resort. I’ve used weirdo keyboards on all sorts of Macs with the system-level remaps.