Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

The Oldest Man posted:

Rich ladies hijacking the phrase "emotional labor" to mean "being a decent human being who contributes something to a relationship" from its intended and original meaning of performing emotions for pay disgusts me every time

I''m sorry you can't be the sociopath you want to be at all times like the guy you married is, big L there no question, but that's not what emotional labor is.

'i'm actually being a brave feminist by neglecting my children and here's three dozen coping paragraphs about it' is a hell of a thing yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

:dudsmile:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Oldest Man posted:

I don't know a way to read that article other than a white lady got divorced from her bro husband because she couldn't deal with him when they got trapped together during covid, got depressed, started depression eating, got fat as a result of the depression eating, and is now hurting her kids as one prong of a rationalization strategy that also involves fawning media profiles and a lifestyle brand

Even if you sincerely believe that providing no guidance whatsoever to kids about how to eat healthy foods that will not kill you years before your time is correct because "health" purely means "vibes" now, and teaching kids to eat actual food literally anything I guess since any behavioral guidance is "a diet" in this grift, that doesn't obligate you to literally put garbage on their plates as an alternative to broccoli. poo poo if I was teaching kids, the one big lesson I'd try to convey is that proximity dictates a lot of behavior and it's probably fine to eat a bunch of cookies once in a while if you don't keep them in the house where you'll constantly be grabbing them instead of an apple or something.

Where this is ultimately going is a snack company marketing department's wet dream: not eating oreos for dinner is, itself, fat shaming

just admit it: you’re an anti-letting children eat whole sticks of butter zealot

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1783632037640835426

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Phone posted:

just admit it: you’re an anti-letting children eat whole sticks of butter zealot

The Oldest Man said he now regrets his response. He probably thought eating a whole stick of butter was “just disgusting,” he said, “but I really am on team calories.”

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

over-under on the first politically motivated firing?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
does autistic reporter hold up in today's culture?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i hold micheal falk in my heart with the highest esteem one possibly could

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Musing to myself, "Is halting shipments of 2000 lb JDAMs to the IDF a diet?"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

sweden did it in ye olde times of postwar europe. You know what they don't talk about? Korean esports and broodwar being a thing because of the large scale internet penetration in korea that one of the last 5 year plans in the ROK did. Starcraft didn't even have a korean translation back then!

blizzard really overestimated their position in regard to making money off of starcraft 2 in esports because they assumed there was some sort of totemic brand inspired quality about starcraft that led to koreans playing it so much when in reality it was just the best balanced highest end game that worked well for online play on the kind of computers that were ubiquitious in south korea during this time period

article for those who want this explained in better detail http://askakorean.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-is-starcraft-popular-in-korea.html

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i rewatched some of those videos recently and a bunch of the comments were from (self-IDed) autistic people saying how much they loved the character

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

gonna rewatch those tbe train one was so good

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I HAVE THE STORY.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mr. Sharps posted:

gonna rewatch those tbe train one was so good

i like the prison one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Jesus Christ, there isn't a TL;DR big enough
I tried to skim it, but it is just way to dense with rich white lady problems for that to work

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Oldest Man posted:

I don't know a way to read that article other than a white lady got divorced

You prob coulda stopped there since that seems to be the theme of liberal feminism these days

divorced white people are destroying everything

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You prob coulda stopped there since that seems to be the theme of liberal feminism these days

divorced white people are destroying everything

real feminism is about yacht ownership equality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Palladium posted:

real feminism is about yacht ownership equality

It's actually about the right to bake using butter, without being made to feel guilty about it