Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Main Paineframe posted:

turns out Tucker Carlson's account of the scary threatening protesters was total bullshit, contradicted by publicly available evidence from sources you'd expect to be friendly to Tucker

who's surprised? liberal writers and journalists, of course

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1061820645716189184
https://mobile.twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1061830874013032448
https://mobile.twitter.com/espiers/status/1061745368239616000

these fuckin goldfish won't learn a thing either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Kind Friend posted:

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CELEBS

wildfires don't care about wealth and status. here are some people who due to their wealth and status are barely affected by the wildfires.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

guess the publication

here's a hint: it's in the news section, not the opinion section

i cant believe they disrupted the solemn and reverent trump inauguration [img-crying three doors down]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/QuintusHaterius/status/1063134056697614336

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

israel makes jewish communities decades older than israel possible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

krugman is a liberal but he is one of the good ones and will likely only need to spend 5-10 years in a forced labor gulag

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

literally the "hire more women prison guards" joke huh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

we've learned from israel that you can shoot unarmed civilians with impunity and the media will cover it as a fight to protect your nation's people instead of a massacre

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/status/1066881317638471681

everyone who said that the media framing of Israel's oppression of Palestine was a testbed for expanding that rhetoric to everywhere else was exactly right

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1066916810811936768

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

non-violent resistance like sit-ins, blocking traffic is already painted by the media as being the 'bad' kind of protesting and the number of people who agree is depressing af

yep, the only kinds of protest the media sees as legitimate are extremely orderly marches kept in free speech zones, and even then like 60% of americans think its ok to kill protesters if theyre blocking traffic even in such a march and that number jumps to 90% if the march messes up their personal commute

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Goon Danton posted:

Oh hey, the calm and sensible NYT conservatives are parroting literal nazi propaganda too, who could have guessed :thunk:

the new york times: playing the biggest nazi hits from the 30s, 40s and today!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

He's not wrong. Social media encouraging terrible self-defeating and brain melting praxis is so obvious it allows even Brooks to get something right.

nah that's just your standard chattering class guy getting mad about his twitter trolls line

it's more that people like greenwald and brooks whose entire job is to post all day for most of their professional lives can't possibly conceive of doing both

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this paragraph right here is why the press are helping us jog to fascism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's funny this is happening the same week sbnation is releasing its hyper leftist MMA documentary with chapo

if publishing leftist content while maintaining hyper-capitalist business practices was a problem jacobin would have gone out of business by now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

love my pro nazi jewish magazine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i used to take a dim view of maoism's repression of the press until i understood that locking up and maybe executing the bret stephenses of the world is good for humanity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

apelike hordes of subhumans are invading our country and making it racist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you might remember michelle goldberg as the one who penned such classics as "bernie bros and antifa on twitter caused charlottesville"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its insane how little has changed in liberal discourse when you compare this to how they discus venezuela, the only thing thats changed is the english language has developed the word "tankies"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

can anyone think of an immigrant who’s done more damage to this country than david frum?

wernher von braun

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Sorry friend, the actual message is the killer was a descendant of a tribe that Israel genocided!

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/statu...genumber%3D3112

good lord i hate her

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

michael tracy is of a genre of left-punchers who don't realize that they're center-right libs at best

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

see also: everyone who writes for jacobin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but he's right about the mueller investigation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i don't even WANT to play in their treehouse with their super soakers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait, michael tracy was the guy who cried about maxine waters pushing him out of the way right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

michael tracey spending a lot of time yelling that everyone else is phonies right now, but he does have the good sense to throw this in there

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1111270220986044421

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i don't really get tracey's complaint? all the people he's whinging about did not take russia gate very seriously, but he's upset they did not take it as not seriously as he did? who even in the brooklyn media-sphere was a russia gate obsessive?

idk still loving the meltdown regardless

he just wants everyone in the world to kiss his feet and thank him for his brilliance in pointing out something that a lot of people had already realized.

every once in awhile someone comes into cspam and tries to pick a fight with everyone they see about something most of cspam already agreed on, like hillary being bad, bernie being good, or uhc being necessary, and it's kind of like that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jesus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i just don't get what the traceys, greaves, deboers, nagels, fangs etc. of the world are actually trying to do??? their ideal leftism seems to be one devoid of populist support, and they regard all leftist activism as performative work for cretinous simpletons. but at the same time they don't seem to have any connection to the working class, but instead have kind of an inverse belief that the american working class already has a robust economic class consciousness if only you could get all the identity politics out of leftism (usually as defined by kicking trans people to the curb). when pushed they usually say that self-criticism is the foundation of marxism but they seem to have extremely thin skin, no self awareness, and rarely if ever engage in self crit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've always thought that they were trying to turn leftism into a product. Something that will give the proles a way to rage without discomfiting or inconveniencing the established wealthy elites.

i don't know if that's it, because they accuse orgs like the DSA & and movements like antifa of doing exactly this. unless they see the DSA as marketing a competing product to whatever it is they're selling

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

I get the feeling Michael Tracey is getting a little defensive now because he's wasted a lot of his time following the Russia poo poo while other journalists have been able to raise their profiles without following all the details, cause no one left of MSNBC gives a poo poo about the details. He was imagining himself being walked down the street in a palanquin while all the peasants rushed to kiss his feet and it's not happening even when no collusion was found

oh my god you're right, he's bitter that he became just as obsessed about it as they were and he has nothing to show for it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Greaves is the "everything is fascist" guy, right? What a douchebag.

phil is also notable for being virulently anti trans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

both these guys suck lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jose posted:

i have no idea who sam seder is and i can agree with that

i dont either but its like listening to two dnd posters who are both wrong thinking they are dunking on each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

these people really do believe that theyre writing common sense pieces for the common man and not lapdogs writing apologia for the very rich, dont they