Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Literally the entire point of racism is to keep the lower classes divided by racial hatred. If white people are coming out in droves to directly protest the treatment of black people by cops then that means the system is failing and that's a massive risk to those who created said system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mortons stork posted:

Worse than that, the entire economy runs on the premise of slim margins, overleveraging, and temporary lapses equaling death. There is zero resilience built in the system because ~efficiency~, ie you can squeeze out more for next quarter's dividends

Boy who would have thought that building your entire business on just barely having exactly what you need delivered on time every day would lead to disaster if something were to happen that disrupted the supply chain?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

StashAugustine posted:

all lgbt people are rich, obviously

Rich lgbt people are the only ones that matter to this guy.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shear Modulus posted:

how can i get reporters to call me an undecided moderate voter and then i say that ill vote for whichever candidate promises to put jeff bezos in a gulag

First you need to start a small business. Like, say, a restaurant!

Then you need to make it clear that you're just some average Joe. Not concerned about politics at all.

Using Nazi flags as the decor is a good way to signal this

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he did lose the popular vote. which has no practical value but is absolutely something he cares about

tbh trunp as living proof of America's sham electoral system is pretty lol

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Amazing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://twitter.com/JoshClarkDavis/status/1304442171014213634

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

glad the usa doesn’t do anything like this, thanks for shining a light on this the economist

https://twitter.com/dsorennie/status/1306622098333343745?s=21

This is peak liberal. The government doing something to help people is sinister because *checks notes* people might like the government for helping them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Maya Fey posted:

Or 2000, when George W. Bush beat Al Gore thanks to a few hundred votes in Florida — a state where Green Party candidate Ralph Nader got nearly 100,000 votes. I don’t know whether Nader still feels he made the righteous move. Haven’t talked with him since he told me he wouldn’t vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Bush's brother throwing out tons of votes had more to do with this than any third party.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This looks like Rudy's head was photocopied onto somebody else's rotting body.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Algund Eenboom posted:

If twitter is so concerned with hacks, then why do they still let you post links, to the New York Times,

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zokari posted:

i saw that too and briefly wondered why the hell youtube was recommending me breitbart videos when i specifically told it not to

Because the algorithm is fascist op

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mass looting lmao

The world republicans discribe sounds so much cooler than. The real one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Whats impressive is that it's all technically true but phrased in the stupidest possible way

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mortons stork posted:

as a side note, totally not a hypocrite yascha mounk alternated that tweet whining about matty being 'canceled' from vox by, you guessed it, actively looking for an obscure professor and attempting to cancel her for something questionable, which is not campus censorship and in itself the very thing he pretends to rail against because he's a worthless right wing hack

https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1327969474507649025

it is hard to put into words how much i hate him god

Has this guy said anything about Bolivia recently.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lol I hope the damage trpum did to the us is permanent

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Liberals are just polite fascists.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

comedyblissoption posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1348852222516469763
im pretty sure this complicates absolutely zero things for biden

I'm genuinely curious what excuse is given for this because as far as I can tell Cuba has done literally nothing to the U.S while being screwed with its entire history.

Like, I know it's a transparent lie but what event do they even have to build the lie around.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

pointing out that unionization would have cost drawbacks for the company fighting tooth and nail to stop it is not evidence of bias. the whole unionization fight is trying to increase costs to the company via higher wages and better worker protections

Nah it totally is.

Everybody knows getting less money sucks. So by framing the story as The Business Loses Money you're giving it a negative spin. Saying that the poor business will be hurt.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

shrike82 posted:

woke liberal media doing the littlest bit of labor action and not knowing what to do when capital/management pushes their poo poo in is funny everytime

What exactly can they do if the reaction to unionizing is to just shut down the business.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Main Paineframe posted:

i checked out that essay they cite as their case for national service

it's a pre-WWI screed about how war is necessary for humans to reach their full potential, and that strife and conflict are necessary to provide the motivation for humans to engage in unpleasant labor without silly and unrealistic things like "high wages" or "decent working conditions"

it's a very late-Victorian piece claiming that although war is horrible and awful, only harsh military discipline or a deeply patriotic fervor are capable of motivating people to contribute to society, so pacifists need to push for an entity that emulates the virtues of militarist culture in order to prevent the inferior classes from degenerating and stimulate the spiritual energies of the nation

lol that the NYT is citing that with only a brief note about how the essay's focus on "manly virtues" and its constant railing against "cosmopolitan industrialism" is outdated

The NYT is a Metal Gear villain lmao

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How does this even work.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

bedpan posted:

And what did they learn?

Learn...? history ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DC Murderverse posted:

lol at no point in this tweet does it mention that she is the one on trial for murder (for hitting children with her big dumb Mercedes in broad daylight

While drunk

And driving 80 miles per hour.

On the other hand, she's a rich white woman who should be "enjoying the bounties of upper-class privilege" so I guess let her go?