Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pryor on Fire posted:

This person is a legit af infosec pro who got fired last year because the NYT said they didn't need security that much. Enjoy her thread.

https://twitter.com/runasand/status/1269603319384850432

Office politics are vicious and petty. The old manger tried to push her out, so she got the reputation as a malcontent and an easy target for reduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Bretxit when

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Andrew Sullivan signal boosting Michael Tracey is a real human centipede moment.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

douthat of course is 10000x more catholic and anti-choice than she is

It's also because she's a woman.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Yeah, Brooklyn is hell on earth.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

kingcobweb posted:

https://twitter.com/KillGoldfish/status/1272951661250650124

the letters page of the times is underrated as far as sucking really really bad. (this is my tweet but i just wanted to crosspost the image)

Horny is prohibited

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

brugroffil posted:

(MB is right, Trump rt'ing him is funny still)

lol at the replies accusing Max of being pro-Trump

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dreylad posted:

wasn't max arrested and detained by the police in Washington over the Venezuela embassy occupation? loving ghouls

It's possible that Max has so far escaped further personal ruin due to the Trump admin's baseline incompetence and short attention span.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

brugroffil posted:

Does anyone anywhere listen to voa

I assume any country we'd really aim it at jams it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

oh my god lmao

I guess the one good thing about twitter is that you can tweet "lol good job being a CIA asset" at famous people and they actually read it

The fact that being called a CIA asset on twitter gets under his skin so much is clearly evidence that he's a CIA op.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Apoplexy posted:

Does MSNBC count as part of the Failing Jew York Slimes apparatus? Because Joy Ann Reid was given a prime-time daily slot on the network. Fuckin' looooooooooooooooooooooooool

:crossarms:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/porcupetteX/status/1286109456430845953?s=19

Now that's a reply John Dolan would be proud of

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

jesus lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I love how the fact that some nordkreuz members were sensible middle-class people is played for maximum horror.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Jennifer Rubin sucks and will turn back heel as soon as Biden is in office again though.

I think they'll stick around to enforce conservative orthodoxy in the party. Any tendency to drift leftward will be threatened with the possibility of NeverTrumpers leaving the party en mass and Trump coming back.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

I did not know Newsweek even had an opinion page. Can't think of why it would need one.

Millions of years ago, my parents subscribed to Newsweek and the opinion page was always some George Will screed. It always sucked.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If you kill a protestor you automatically become a cop?

Service guarantees citizenship

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
A government providing for it's citizens is bad now?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is a digital picket line an innately funny concept to anyone else

Unless it's a DDoS attack :twisted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol who must be divided?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Mods change my name to Zoom Dick Incident

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Whoever is paying Matty for this dumb imperial propaganda really isn't getting their money's worth. The central conceit of his book is so hilariously absurd in the current moment that nobody's buying it who doesn't already have a career interest in doing so.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
DEAR JEREMY,

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

brugroffil posted:

Chief People Officer

what the hell

Yeah personnel departments have metastasized hilariously beyond accountants who did the payroll.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pryor on Fire posted:

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with this Bruenig character? I still haven't encountered her writing at all, the NYT seems more interested in promoting content about how amazing the economy and world is going to be under Biden.

Attempting to cancel Liz over her latest online transgression isn't exactly new.

I usually roll my eyes at the Liz Bruenig discourse, but her constructing a tortured and complex acceptance of Barrett's nomination based on her Catholic faith only to immediately get owned by her supporting the death penalty is hilarious.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was cool when the Atlantic put up the paywall and eventually cut a bunch of staff when it's owned by a woman with unlimited money.

The Atlantic was never meant to be consumed by the rabble.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
holy loving lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

brugroffil posted:

There are some labs in the US and Russia that have some smallpox virus.

This was the Obama admin's argument for not destroying it back in 2011 via wikipedia:

It's Bio-MAD. We're the baddies, Hans.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
vogue-gate ain't going away

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

So 2 incidents of ball tazing

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Step 1: let Amazon destroy small business assimilating most of the economy

Step 2: nationalize Amazon

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's like the cold in the sense that unchecked it will come in peroidic waves. But everytime it does it will reap 5 to 20 percent of the population, so maybe it isn't like the cold at all.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

smug jeebus posted:

I'm probably reading to much into this, do they ever explain why if astrology is based on planetary alignments and all of the planets move in completely predictable patterns, they can't accurately make predictions?

James Rani is that you?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Clark Nova posted:

am I supposed to be performatively riveted by the dumb, boring senate trial that has a Trump acquittal as a foregone conclusion? In order to prove I'm not racist? :psyduck: I can usually at least follow the thought process on this poo poo

Having leftist beliefs and opposing the democratic party establishment is racist. No thought needed, one follows from the other QED.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

joepinetree posted:

American empire, that thing that is obviously completely divorced from race or racism.

If the empire is lead or prosecuted by POC, it cannot be racist.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Holy lol.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fauci and Gottlieb were saying June lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

They reprint this same column every time a big celebrity couple splits, like clockwork.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's a David Frum piece in The Atlantic, so basically the opposite of whatever it says is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
His posts on Detroit Lions football are all time classics