Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
As much as the feuding members of the United Nations Security Council might like Hans Blix and Mohamed ElBaradei to settle the question of war or peace with Iraq, these two mild-mannered civil servants can't make that fateful judgment. All they can do, which they did again yesterday, is to tell the Council how their inspection efforts are faring. So-so was the answer. It's up to the Council members -- especially the veto-wielding quintet of the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China -- to decide whether Iraq is disarming.

In our judgment, Iraq is not. The only way short of war to get Saddam Hussein to reverse course at this late hour is to make clear that the Security Council is united in its determination to disarm him and is now ready to call in the cavalry to get the job done. America and Britain are prepared to take that step. The time has come for the others to quit pretending that inspections alone are the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

chuds gonna start murdering their dads and sleeping with their moms to own the libs

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

joepinetree posted:

Uh, direct collusion between Trump and Russia was always the cause of the investigation, and anything that Mueller investigates must be something they found out while investigating that collusion, specifically. I don't know the particular relevance here of that bit of information, but the order that created the investigation is here:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

This is purely from my hazy memory of Woodward’s book, but iirc the special council actually has wide ranging powers that let them go down whatever rabbit holes they please. Like that document says, they’re investigating

1) possible collusion between the campaign and Russia
2) “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation”

As it says, those matters only have to ARISE as a direct part of the investigation, at which point they can be pursued at the discretion of the special council. Matters such as Trump’s finances and Kushner’s foreign land dealings, his campaign staff’s broad criminality and treasonous activity, ect.

Manafort, for example, was charged with money laundering and bank fraud, federal crimes that have nothing to do with Trump’s 2016 campaign, but arose as part of investigating it.

There’s a legitimate arguement that special councils have too broad of powers, but the wider scope is what will allow Obstruction of Justice and similar charges. They’re not going to get him on collusion.

Edit: I misread your post, didn’t see you were talking about the CAUSE of the investigation more so than Mueller’s powers. Egg on my face, carry on

Trumps Baby Hands has issued a correction as of 00:44 on Sep 23, 2018

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

gently caress amazon forever

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Jesus Christ guys, “the satanic panic was actually real” is a terrible take. I know Epstein broke a lot of brains here, but embracing Geraldo Rivera’s batshit 90’s hysteria is a toke over the line

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Why would you want to prevent Iran from getting nukes?

because a theocracy having world-ending weaponry is a bad thing

just look at the United States

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

so if the failing new york times ever gonna, uhh, fail

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

It’d be great if they came to rescue of their slave workers who they were sacrificing for the bottom line long before the virus, but this is good too I guess!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I love this little aside

Totally normal for a newspaper to use cell phone tracking for their articles