Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

well yeah. just like there's a difference between saying you're gonna pass universal healthcare and actually passing universal healthcare

what's the difference between killing a straight communist versus killing a gay communist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

zegermans posted:

because the more internet leftist you get the more misogynistic you get, in general

this is so True. neera's hearings have brought out so many misogynists, you don't even know where to start. thank you for being an ally.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

fart simpson posted:

hey can you explain why the mass murder of communists is better than the mass murder of homosexuals?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

class solidarity is such a beautiful thing to behold

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

fart simpson posted:

that’s cool but i am still very interested as to why you think killing communists is better than killing gays. i don’t get it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

fart simpson posted:

lol on the latest moderate rebels they called out “brown moses” as being an untalented hack who got his start by helping run online chat forums and playing video games

hosed up that you'd call out gjb like that imo

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

so when are you making this guy a d&d mod?

he's already a d&d mod so

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

KomradeX posted:

That does kind of answer the question though

:tipshat:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Jose posted:

i've had raw milk and its severely overrated like all milk

mlyp as well

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
good thing it says journalism in all caps at the top

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i mean all you really need to know to know navalny is bad is that the western media backs him and talks him up
just like they did the Azeri mobs who hacked Armenians to death
just like they did Yeltsin
just like they did every malevolent loving ogre who crawled out of the muck in the former USSR, up to and including Putin in his early days

all you really need to know is that if you needed to know about it you would, otherwise maybe you should mind your own business, which in americans' case would be that bidens continued blockade on yemen is killing a child every 75 seconds

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

fart simpson posted:

im surprised you still won’t explain why killing communists is better than killing homosexuals

yeah, why is that anyhow?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

MPF subscribes to the better dead than red view of geopolitics hth

so since MPF believes the only good commie is a dead commie, and MPF is a d&d mod, i guess it's safe to say that's an official position of d&d writ large?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

i feel like something else might have happened in january that could have logically been expected to decrease the extent to which people talk about trump but i just cant seem to remember what it was ah probably nothing important

no, it was just the twitter ban

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/nytdavidbrooks/status/1390626004201312259

weird how this sounds less like hes saying todays america sucks and more like hes saying nazis were awesome

that's actually a surprisingly decent article from the nyt in general and brooks in particular

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

no?

this was NOT a failure of individuals

quote:

The causes of this isolation and distrust are as plentiful as there are stars in the heavens. But there are a few things we can say. Most of the time distrust is earned distrust. Trust levels in any society tend to be reasonably accurate representations of how trustworthy that society has been. Trust is the ratio of the times someone has shown up for you versus the times somebody has betrayed you. Marginalized groups tend to be the most distrustful, for good reasons — they’ve been betrayed.

The other thing to say is that once it is established, distrust tends to accelerate. If you distrust the people around you because you think they have bad values or are out to hurt you, then you are going to be slow to reach out to solve common problems. Your problems will have a tendency to get worse, which seems to justify and then magnify your distrust. You have entered a distrust doom loop.

looks like a reasonable description of the current state of the US to me?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
:wink:
:wmwink:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dave's just concerned because his wife is still of draftable age

lol

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

i keep seeing libs trot this out, what the gently caress is right-wing populism?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
ok, but what makes trump populist?

are they conflating popularity with populism?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
what free stuff did trump promise ppl? the wall?

are there some right-wing m4a advocates i haven't heard about?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mate did you sleep for 5 years?

yes, can you fill me in?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
the united states, a country famed for it's aversion to the use of forced labor in producing cotton

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Muscle Wizard posted:

dunno why all these morons think the government is constantly lying to them when in actuality the government is constantly lying to them

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
someone should probably track down which of the mods were warren supporters

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

lol

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

quote:

Here's a good exercise in seeing how multiple mediation and framing can operate. Here's a tweet:

https://twitter.com/JesseDrucker/status/1432486942650814466

What sources and motivations and reframings did the original source material pass through to arrive in its final form?

lol, they not only think cherry picking a quote on twitter is worth mentioning, but proceed to smugly assign it as homework

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
why am i not surprised that the dnd media thread thinks the sum total of media analysis/criticism is fact checking.

loving libs man, i swear.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

I was expecting it to go in the "so what is Texas going to do to fund support and care for all the Downs babies" direction but wow nope straight into Lebensunwertes Leben

at least it's an ethos

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

she's a literal fascist, but ok

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Dreylad posted:

the only thing that sucks about having structured learning around a second language in school is i was pretty confused when I was young. couldn't remember english words but knew them in french so for half a year my parents would have me talking to them in a garbled mess of two languages

not seeing the problem here?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
j rube is definitely the perfect editorial writer for the biden admin

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

drat the republicans for using a rule we created and could eliminate at any time whose sole purpose is to enshrine the power of a radicalized minority party

They're bad

Anyway vote blue we just need you to kick the football extra hard this time

accelerationism is quickly becoming the only game in town

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

i've already forgotten who was responsible but this is the logical conclusion of that confessional essay a few months ago from someone who wanted sympathy for voluntarily putting their dog down. i bet if this lady had that option with a human child she would have at least considered it

iunno man, i think you need to think about the trauma this woman might be experiencing having not been lavishly rewarded for an absolute minimum of effort for the first time in her life

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

i'm honestly intrigued at how awful a parent you would have to be to bring these events to pass

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
as a parent i am in fact pretty sure you do have to be spectacularly awful at it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Lol, yes they would. And if you got rid of those people too, now you'd be on the road to a future.

iunno if i'd go that far, but it definitely wouldn't hurt

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

stopped reading after "magazine subscriptions"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

i was a big clapton fan growing up, like i read a biography of him, listened to all of his albums, learned a bunch of his solos etc.

as far as i can tell the man is just a perfect airhead. he just absorbs whatever is ambient around him and spits it right back out. so what's been coming out of him for the past 10-15 years is probably about as unvarnished a look as you're ever likely to get of the english ruling class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

lol