Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite anime?
This poll is closed.
Generation Kill 39 9.73%
Frame Arms Girls 16 3.99%
King of the Hill 182 45.39%
Attack of the Titans 14 3.49%
The Star War 42 10.47%
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender 41 10.22%
The Live-Action Cowboy Bebop they're making 46 11.47%
Naruto: poo poo-Pudding 21 5.24%
Total: 401 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

But what about racism? Is racism also bad? I need video games to tell me whether racism is bad or not.

Ok I just got back from playing Tales of Symphonia and can confirm: racism is bad. Thanks Tales of Symphonia for telling me this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dias posted:

mostly if you're in the mindspace of not being a cynical oval office that thinks any game's attempt at doing emotional poo poo is "trying too hard", really

like I said it's neat but then youve got people saying "ITS THE GREATEST MOMENT IN VIDEOGAME HISTORY I CRIED FOR DAYS" and it's like, cmon man

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Dias posted:

mostly if you're in the mindspace of not being a cynical oval office that thinks any game's attempt at doing emotional poo poo is "trying too hard", really

Yeah, this game always gets me pretty hard and I usually think most games are pretty bad at stirring up emotion.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

wizard on a water slide posted:

this is a hard sentiment to unpack bc obviously that would be embarrassing, but also a lot of people who care a lot about video games could really use it so idk

people got mad because of bj blakowski killing nazis and the kkk in the new wolfenstein so

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

But what about racism? Is racism also bad? I need video games to tell me whether racism is bad or not.

do you think most videogamists actually know that racism is bad

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yes, the next runner slept with another runners wife. And there are pastebins from the people involved.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ok I just got back from playing Tales of Symphonia and can confirm: racism is bad. Thanks Tales of Symphonia for telling me this.

Feel the Wrath

Of those inferior beings

As you burn in hell!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Kratos became my fav character in the game after that moment and to this day i let zelos die everytime i replay it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

like I said it's neat but then youve got people saying "ITS THE GREATEST MOMENT IN VIDEOGAME HISTORY I CRIED FOR DAYS" and it's like, cmon man

Oh, it's hyperbole, but really, there's very little media-wise that ACTUALLY evokes those feelings - and there's some people that are really emotional anyway.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dias posted:

It's cool when you use your unique media vehicle to tell a story instead of making a little movie to tell it, basically.

I agree, and I've never played that game so like, it's hard for me to tell; but I think that game designers are more about it than game players, who may "get" it and have a moment... or just end up stuck and mad when they google the answer.

Dias posted:

people got mad because of bj blakowski killing nazis and the kkk in the new wolfenstein so

Also people are real fukkin mad you shoot white people in the new far cry.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Ranter posted:

Yes, the next runner slept with another runners wife. And there are pastebins from the people involved.

They are something special, always remember that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
by "evokes those feelings" I mean actually makes you cry for days I only cry for days when i get sadbrains

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dias posted:

Oh, it's hyperbole, but really, there's very little media-wise that ACTUALLY evokes those feelings - and there's some people that are really emotional anyway.

im the emotional person, i'll cry at literally anything, in any media

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
kid stubbed his toe, i break down into a wailing mess of tears

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Banjoie-3 missed the mark imo. :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
donate to the Banjo-Kazooie run and you can win a wedding ring! (slightly used)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

*Holds up images of Lugi and Ho-oh

"Great Latios and Latias crossstiches!"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's Latios and Latias guys. *holds up Lugia and Ho-oh prints*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

i prolly shouldn't be surprised at anything at this point but i was still like startled that made some internet retards mad

they think a game whose protagonist is a square-jawed american aryan superman is racist against whites and they're mad that wolfenstein, a series of videogame revenge fantasies about murdering nazis, is "political" now lmao

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
"Latios and Latias"

:crossarms:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hes trying to make sure blind people dont bid on it so he can win them

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wizard on a water slide posted:

i prolly shouldn't be surprised at anything at this point but i was still like startled that made some internet retards mad

they think a game whose protagonist is a square-jawed american aryan superman is racist against whites and they're mad that wolfenstein, a series of videogame revenge fantasies about murdering nazis, is "political" now lmao

Ah, but you see, he might be a jew, so it's actually anti-white

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i need a nap, goons have fun with the cuck jokes for me

e: wait this run is way longer than i thought it was gonna be, i'll be awake for most of it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I feel like Stiv has been saying he's giving up on running Banjo games for like 5 years now. I'm honestly kinda shocked he's running it again at GDQ.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BJ Blaskowicz is Polish and I will brook no arguement.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm ready for the memes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
WAHOO

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm Dickus Kong?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Homewrecker Dave speedruns banjo-kazooie

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Hey sexrex can you get them to track how much money they make with people trying to donate for cuck memes?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

*Holds up images of Lugi and Ho-oh

"Great Latios and Latias crossstiches!"

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's Latios and Latias guys. *holds up Lugia and Ho-oh prints*

Steelion posted:

"Latios and Latias"

:crossarms:

Trap Sprung :twisted:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This run is heavily adulterated.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
nice

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Banjo Kazooie, time to go do other things with my life but still post here because well, what the gently caress else am I doing today.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
homewrecker%

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
i don't know what game was happening last run but dang, i cried :(

this game is good

this runner is good

today is good

:eonwe: :kimchi: :buddy:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Barudak posted:

Banjo Kazooie, time to go do other things with my life but still post here because well, what the gently caress else am I doing today.

Wait is anyone actually watching this for the game? I'm just here for the mormon adultery memes.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

cerious posted:

homewrecker%

wait is this *that* runner?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SoftNum posted:

Wait is anyone actually watching this for the game? I'm just here for the mormon adultery memes.

i like banjo kazooie runs, sorta

• Locked thread