Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite anime?
This poll is closed.
Generation Kill 39 9.73%
Frame Arms Girls 16 3.99%
King of the Hill 182 45.39%
Attack of the Titans 14 3.49%
The Star War 42 10.47%
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender 41 10.22%
The Live-Action Cowboy Bebop they're making 46 11.47%
Naruto: poo poo-Pudding 21 5.24%
Total: 401 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Greetings from animal. Long time donator, fourth time viewer. I am donating because my viewer has died from cancer. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
i have gotten the cartoon link riding on top of a whale. It will complement my cartoon link riding on top of a bear shirt very nicely. The games will probably be good. looking forward to hte hollow knight run.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Avskum posted:

Hey guys, long time viewer, first time viewer. It gives me great joy to donate to a great cause. Greetings from cancer. PS: kill the viewer, donate the cancer.

I'm looking forward to many, many donations being generated by that site and read this week.

axeil posted:

I am planning on playing Nier soon but I figure with most speed runs you're going to have no idea how the plot goes so I'm hoping I'll be ok. I really wanna watch to support half!

There's a BOTW incentive? Oh man. What's the run going to be? Just run straight to Ganon?

I haven't played Nier yet but I don't know if I ever will realistically so I'm still considering watching to support HC

However, I just beat BotW last week and would LOVE to see a run of that. Is it possible to just run straight to Ganon? I assumed you'd need the Master Sword but maybe not

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I just started Nier Automata yesterday, so I will have to miss the start of the stream to avoid spoiling myself, but halfcoordinated is a good guy and I hope he has fun

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

timp posted:

I'm looking forward to many, many donations being generated by that site and read this week.

I haven't played Nier yet but I don't know if I ever will realistically so I'm still considering watching to support HC

However, I just beat BotW last week and would LOVE to see a run of that. Is it possible to just run straight to Ganon? I assumed you'd need the Master Sword but maybe not

The second you get off the Plateau you cam beeline Hyrule castle and beat the game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm gonna miss the first half hour but oh well, it happens.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

axeil posted:

I am planning on playing Nier soon but I figure with most speed runs you're going to have no idea how the plot goes so I'm hoping I'll be ok. I really wanna watch to support half!

I don't give two shits about a game's plot, but I am interested in learning to play and exploring the game on my own. Knowing about the bosses coming up or techniques that trivialize gameplay make it less fun to me. So if I'm looking forward to playing a game, I stay away from watching people play it. Halfcoordinated is sure to have an awesome run, but it'll be there in a few months when I have played and I can go back and watch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, even if you watch the entirety of half's run and manages to get the general jist of the plot, you still have two entire playthroughs to do and a ton of real cool sidequests you'll be completely unspoiled on. If you're just KINDA spoiler-averse, you'll still have a lot to look forward to when you play it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm kinda surprised that they accepted the BotW run. I think it was submitted just a couple of weeks after the game was out, and I imagine the run has changed a lot since then.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Dunban posted:

I'm kinda surprised that they accepted the BotW run. I think it was submitted just a couple of weeks after the game was out, and I imagine the run has changed a lot since then.

Because it's so hot right now! Hot hot hot!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Wheres the awful block

Also my bottom row is a story

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

gently caress it I didn't want to spoil Automata but I'm going to man up and watch half's run because it's going to be awesome

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Oh look it's that time of year where I hang out in #speedruns on irc for about 9 days or so. Looking forward to the 2 1/2 hour platformer, 2 hours of which is spent pressing A to advance dialogue.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the number of people who haven't played nier a yet is disgusting. i have to sit down

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Aw man, and I just got done unfucking my sleep schedule too. So much for that.

Feeling pretty good about this card

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
hi everyone i missed you all can't wait to shitpost with you this entire week.

Stokes posted:

Oh look it's that time of year where I hang out in #speedruns on irc for about 9 days or so. Looking forward to the 2 1/2 hour platformer, 2 hours of which is spent pressing A to advance dialogue.

Is this a joke or is there a game on the schedule that is basically that?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

something posted:

hi everyone i missed you all can't wait to shitpost with you this entire week.

Is this a joke or is there a game on the schedule that is basically that?

If there is a PS2 era platformer on the schedule then yes, probably.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm honestly looking forwards to the Chrono Trigger run solely because it's puwexil doing it, the guy who has, like, 10,000 facts about every single game he runs that he'll talk about in a soothing voice for 3 hours.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

So happy that HC is the show opener.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Vermain posted:

I'm honestly looking forwards to the Chrono Trigger run solely because it's puwexil doing it, the guy who has, like, 10,000 facts about every single game he runs that he'll talk about in a soothing voice for 3 hours.

I'm rooming with the CT world record holder. There are so many fact about that game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oddium posted:

the number of people who haven't played nier a yet is disgusting. i have to sit down

Sometimes I see people on the Steam thread that didn't play Nier Automata because they got Andromeda instead and I vomit a little on my mouth.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
fourth time watching SGDQ, first time viewer. My cancer passed away from cancer. Money goes to save the cancer, donate the cancer. Hype!!!!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
iirc halfcoordinated has an account here. In case you pop in to see this, HC, you're an inspiration and I'll be tuning in just for you. :unsmith:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

I'm gonna be watching this off and on, I'm always excited for a good event.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Does anyone enjoy seeing 500 of these bingo sheets on every page?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Twitch is rebroadcasting last year's pikmin run which was run by a trans woman, and I assume it's a honeypot to find and ban lovely transphobic folks before the event actually starts, which is a good plan honestly.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
someone misinformed me that this was july 9th on

and then the website put me in the middle of the atlantic ocean and made me think I had an extra hour to do things

now instead of going to the store and doing errands I'm ordering pizza like a slob :yeah: :cool: because be good and goddamned if I'm missing one minute of Nier

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I've beaten Nier:A but I haven't gotten all the endings. Think I should be worried about spoilers for the run?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm enjoying the Mario's Butt t-shirt

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jmcrofts posted:

I've beaten Nier:A but I haven't gotten all the endings. Think I should be worried about spoilers for the run?

well there's 26 endings and frankly 26 that matter but as long as you've gotten up to e you should be fine

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
hopefully half will be holding a 9S body pillow or an Emil head, preferably both

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

oddium posted:

I have barely even heard of nier. Hell, last time I played undertale for the first time after hearing about it from agdq. I'm video game lazy.

Anyone have their bingo card printed out? Seems like the only appropriate thing to do.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Preshow in 30 MINUTES

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

something posted:

iirc halfcoordinated has an account here. In case you pop in to see this, HC, you're an inspiration and I'll be tuning in just for you. :unsmith:

:same:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Welp, I'm getting at least one shirt this marathon!

I got that sick FF1 shirt back in January.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

He's only doing 2B's route, ending A. Also all endings save a handful are just "you failed the mission." Also 9S is incredibly unfun to play as so you'll probably give up trying to get ending B.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVAbfcryBC8

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

He's only doing 2B's route, ending A. Also all endings save a handful are just "you failed the mission." Also 9S is incredibly unfun to play as so you'll probably give up trying to get ending B.

Look it this not cool boy hating all over alternative mechanics and not shoving on a pair of pugilist gloves and smashing robot heads instead. Because why hack when you can smash?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Looks like they're going for the same layout as agdq 2017, with some slight colour changes.

Which i'm totally fine with since the layout in agdq was top notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Because the combat is really not fun without a heavy attack.

Also thank you Palpek for sticking the thread.

• Locked thread