Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Maybe a dumb question - do we get to know the final amounts each player went for and how much cap space the other teams have left as we progress through the days?

Yes.

The bidding is blind, but how much they went for will be revealed (only the winning bid, obv).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't think I did it right, I think I bid way too low on all 6 of my guys, only really want one of them to be a starter though.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I probably bid too high on 15 guys and I'll have a full team tomorrow morning

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn't see any starters in that group lol.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I was pretty sure I'd get none of my bids, maybe one, but everyone in here is posting about how they are lowballing so :shrug:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

I didn't see any starters in that group lol.

Blake Griffin: not a starter in the NBA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not on my team :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Blake Griffin: not a starter in the NBA

DNP-Injured

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

I was pretty sure I'd get none of my bids, maybe one, but everyone in here is posting about how they are lowballing so :shrug:

I'm offering what I would consider to be excellent contracts under current NBA conditions!

also doing a lot of just-in-case lowballing and I fully expect to have an excess of players

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm pretty sure I thought I had 500 dollars for the bidding, even though I knew I had only 300 dollars. C'est la vie.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh yeah The B_36 and Daltos have traded franchises so Daltos is the Kings and The B_36 is the Hawks. That's a thing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm pretty sure I thought I had 500 dollars for the bidding, even though I knew I had only 300 dollars. C'est la vie.

Joey Ingles, come on down!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Joey Ingles, come on down!

Just, uhhh, trying to keep Gordahn company

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was going to bid on Ingles but I clicked his bbref page and he's white so

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Does it help or hurt that he's Australian.

I have a weird prejudice that I assume a lot of white dudes are australian

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

His nicknames are "Slow Mo Joe" and "Jinglin' Joe" and I can't stop laughing and also envisioning him leading me to a title

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is Joe one of those lovely Racist Australians or the cool chill ones that like to party?

It's important.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

leftist heap posted:

Does it help or hurt that he's Australian.

I have a weird prejudice that I assume a lot of white dudes are australian

Australia is part of the European section of basketball, so it's not as bad a downgrade as White American

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ingles probably means "English" so I should have known

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Reminder: $285 is your max amount of bid money total. Spend as much or as little of that as you would like on today's list. You cannot bid more than that even if you don't think you will win certain players.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Reminder: $285 is your max amount of bid money total. Spend as much or as little of that as you would like on today's list. You cannot bid more than that even if you don't think you will win certain players.

If i did that I will never do it again and I apologize.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I was totally unaware of this and put in 400+ worth of bids should I unsubmit a few or just Never Do It Again

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

How many more people before we get an early reveal

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EvanTH posted:

I was totally unaware of this and put in 400+ worth of bids should I unsubmit a few or just Never Do It Again

Just resubmit, I'll make it a first day EvanTH Rule where if things like this happen you can resubmit. ;)

After this though just be aware of your numbers, thanks pals!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Just resubmit, I'll make it a first day EvanTH Rule where if things like this happen you can resubmit. ;)

Okay I will resubmit cuz I'm fairly sure I did the same thing

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Wait can everyone resubmit because a few people getting to reconsider their terrible choices does not seem terribly fair!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This resubmit idea is bad, commissioner

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*slams table* no resubmit

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

This resubmit idea is bad, commissioner

I agree. They should get the people they bid the highest on until they can't afford the next. That's probably the fairest way to fix this problem.

In fact, this is probably how every day should work. If you only have like 15 points left and need to fill 5 slots it's going to be almost impossible to get anyone if you can't bid over 15 total points a day.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Metapod posted:

How many more people before we get an early reveal

9 duders.

No rush for them though.

Although it is easier for me to say that looking at all of your bids.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Paul Zuvella posted:

I agree. They should get the people they bid the highest on until they can't afford the next. That's probably the fairest way to fix this problem.

In fact, this is probably how every day should work. If you only have like 15 points left and need to fill 5 slots it's going to be almost impossible to get anyone if you can't bid over 15 total points a day.

Yep

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

I spent 5 dollars too many so it's not that big of a deal

The take only the highest bids until 285 isn't a bad idea either. Sorry about the mess yall

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 5, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Oh, I thought we were allowed to bid whatever and if our wins caused another bid to go over it would just cancel that bid

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Imagine this but real GMs trying to parse the CBA lmao

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Okay well there's 2 options we can go with a resubmit, I'll let you guys vote. Keep in mind them spending MORE money doesn't mean they may have overbid on players, it means they spent more across the board. So if you want them to keep that then you're giving them more room to work with.

So the options are:

1. Slashing prices from certain players/removing bids completely from certain players until it becomes $295 (NOT adding them anywhere else)

or

2. Letting them bid with more money. (Keep in mind, that doesn't guarantee overpay!)

Up to you.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh, I thought we were allowed to bid whatever and if our wins caused another bid to go over it would just cancel that bid

The Commissioner said so himself!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

- If you go over budget with a winning bid, the bid becomes invalid.

Commissioner! No resubmittles allowed or I protest!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

My vote

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'll refrain from voting cuz I'm a 5 dollar idiot and am one of the sentenced

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
(To be completely fair I copied that rule from a previous GM that ran this sort of game but forgot to take it out)

I like the working under the cap you have sort of rule better, so going to edit that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Okay well there's 2 options we can go with a resubmit, I'll let you guys vote. Keep in mind them spending MORE money doesn't mean they may have overbid on players, it means they spent more across the board. So if you want them to keep that then you're giving them more room to work with.

So the options are:

1. Slashing prices from certain players/removing bids completely from certain players until it becomes $295 (NOT adding them anywhere else)

or

2. Letting them bid with more money. (Keep in mind, that doesn't guarantee overpay!)

Up to you.

3. Ignore bid submissions which do not follow the rules

• Locked thread