Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I'll do the warriors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Can't wait to lowball my way through the superstars and then late in the game offer up $170 for Kyle Lowry or something.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I just PMed you, DD. Sorry I've been moving and ignored my calendar alert today. Doesn't look like I missed much though in terms of players, although I was hoping to bid $86 for Myles (not really).

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Doltos posted:

I stole Big Sauce. Double Double machine.

Yeah I wanted Sauce too. Good pickup.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

leftist heap posted:

I make my bids based on an advanced and proprietary set of criteria and formulae of my own devising. I don't want to give too much away lest some lurking GM (morey) steal my patented data but chief among these is a stat I call Adjusted Look Per Minute which is an attempt to adjust how much a player has The Look against mitigating factors such as shoe releases, social media prowess, off season entertainment factor, haircut, on and off the court cornball factor, shookness, short length, shoulder hair, etc. I then take this on a per minute basis adjusting for pace.

Suffice to say I'm saving the rest of my money for Dion Waiters.

Trust the Algorithm.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

EvanTH posted:

:rolleyes: it's not a strategy game it's a roleplaying game with very little minmaxing

the real question is which GMs would make decent DMs, and who would be the worst

Daryl Morey would be a total ultraling player. All 3s and layups.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Drunk Canuck posted:

I OFFER 300 FOR WIGGINS

Trade accepted.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

IcePhoenix posted:

He's a questionably efficient volume scorer that doesn't do anything else well (defend, rebound, pass, shoot threes)

If Zach hadn't gotten hurt it would not have shocked me if Wiggins was traded to the Bulls instead.

He's the greatest player to have ever lived.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Thanks to whoever did the statstabs.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Mountain Dew Code Bread posted:

What the gently caress how did i win that

respect tho

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

straight up brolic posted:

lmao this team is hysterical

The league is scared.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

leftist heap posted:

CJ looked good running the offense when Dame went down. I'm pretty convinced he could basically slot right in to Dame's spot

CJ is better than Dame.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
With the drafting of my franchise cornerstone Boris Diaw, my team will now be known as the French Ticklers. Now who wants a cafe au lait?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I renounce all my previous picks to put $200 on James Michael McAdoo.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

smithers posted:

If Akbar is still MIA I'd be interested in stepping in and trying to salvage that roster

Sorry, was traveling all weekend. No one's prying GP2 from my hands.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Pat McCaw is my starting 2 guard, spreadsheet man. THE PROMISE HAS BEEN MADE.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

The B_36 posted:

I'm not the spreadsheet man, but I changed it for you anyway.

Who put in the new tab with the Highest Paid Starters? That's cool. Also, looking at it, I realize how ridiculous the real life Warriors are - they have, in real life, one of the top two paid "primary ballhandlers", "small wing", "wing", and will also have probably the 2nd highest paid "bigger wing" when Draymond comes up. Most people here hate the Warriors, but we're bidding alot on their players and we all know alot about basketball. It's just not really fair how fortunate they've gotten the last few years.

The BYOGM Warriors have 15 alphas.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's draft days like this I seriously regret confusing Joffrey Lauvergne for Evan Fournier and Nurkic for Jokic
Another GM unfairly destroyed by their own racism

For some reason (I'm kidding, the reason was exhaustion and an extreme hangover), I confused Wesley Matthews for Bradley Beal. Don't get me wrong, I'm ride or die for my roster but that was a bit of a boner.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 19, 2017

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

EvanTH posted:

didn't Batum get a 5x5 or was he one or two numbers off

i know he rocked one of the hardest nut punches in basketball history during the Olympics

a hammer punch to the Groin Region in the name of la france

He did get a 5x5 back in 2012 but it was against the Austin Rivers Hornets.

e:

That little shove-off with the left arm afterwards is insanely savage.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Cap space! Cap space! My kingdom for cap space late in the game!

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
All I have to say is that I don't even care that I bid $20 over the next highest bid for Pat McCaw ($21)

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I will say, the fact that the Warriors are the worst team in the league by a hefty margin is really, really funny to me.

You gotta play the games, man.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
The Warriors claim Lavoy Allen

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Just sent my list in. I know y'all are all slotting The Patrick McCaw Dubs #3 in your West lists (because, you know, humility) but here's a rundown:

THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, Gary Payton II
SG: Patrick McCaw, Dion Waiters, Jabari Bird
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Wesley Matthews, Anthony Morrow
PF: Boris Diaw, Bobby Portis, Lavoy Allen
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Alexis Ajinca, Damian Jones

This team is going to run and gun and crash the boards and dive the lanes and turn the ball over.

Except for Boris, but he can just reset the ball in the half-court whenever he finishes his croissant and makes it up the court.

Some notes on picks:

Pat McCaw - The unmistakable totem of the team. The least shook player in NBA history.

Andrew Wiggins - Never stop dunking.

Dion Waiters - We'll be playing a lot of smallball so Kobe Wade will get plenty of time on the floor. Real "Jamal Crawford" 6th man potential here.

Bobby Portis: Bobby Shmurdaface is here.

Wesley Matthews - legit I was so hungover I confused him with Bradley Beal. Welp, go be a veteran presence and wrestle some folks?

Akbar fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 27, 2017

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

DeimosRising posted:

I can't figure out how that roster happened

Both of y'all meet me in Temecula. We'll get margaritas and genially talk it over.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Death to all the haterz. Your lack of faith will fuel my grind in my #musecage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Thanks for your hard work, Deadbeat Dad! Kind of an oxymoron there.

• Locked thread