Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Post
  • Reply
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Who: Everyone - Location: The Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax


You arrived in a brilliant flash of light, a vortex of energy. Alone.

image

Except for those that brought you here. "Alive if you can. Dead if you cannot." The nasty voice minced. It came from a squat pig faced creature. It's fellows were a motley crew all garbed in black leather, each holding wicked tools. They rushed you before you could get your bearings. When the portal closed you caught a glimpse of a robed figure before darkness descended.
---sometime later---
They TOOK from you. Freedom. Dignity. Everything. Even the light. Some of the guards could see without it. Others brought light sources, it were those times you cherished. The light. Even if you were going to be taken and tormented. It would seem the one in charge wanted you to show him how to use your "relic" it called them. Yours was kept in the room of lamentful answers along with other objects. Sometimes the sessions were filled with annoying questions other times the torture was unpleasant. There were 15 cells on this block along with one large holding cell. The entire structure was made from a bluish black stone while the doors were odd indeed. The guards fed the door you see. Made from glistening black carapace one could almost think they were breathing...


Hakon - Cell #14

Hakon sat in his cell. Waiting. He had palmed a human guard's coinpurse it was filled with coins made from chips of flintlike rock. They sparked when struck against Hakon's prison. "Hey. You got light young mister?" An aged voice asked from Cell #15. It was Jenkins. The wiley dwarf was lucid today. "Common boy. Let me eat some! The guards will be back soon and I need to find mushrooms!" The sound of torment echoed from down the hall. The orc from #11 Was in session. He had a shield his grandsire had left him. Apparently it too was special. Hakon and the new others were just being "broken in" the sniggering guard Thomas had said. Well the thing in the large holding cell had taken him when it was in #10. In any case there were others, the one in #13 had just been beaten again for disrespecting one of the other guards.


Riley Cell #12

Riley was curled up in a ball. The kicking she had had left her exhausted. The patron of her woe had sensed her trying to access his dreams. He had sent 5 goalers to send her a message. <Stay out>. A grey skinned elf from cell #9 called out. "Child. Are you alright?" The elfwoman had taken her own beating yelling at the guards. She sounded weak. "Just tell them what you think they want to hear. I'll try to protect you."
The lack of light had helped Riley dream and sleep. However the guards were like blanks to her and her captor was very aware of any attempts to meddle there. Very odd the guards didn't dream. Footsteps coming from below echoed. Someone was coming.


Emilio Ughi - Cell #8

The elfwoman in the next cell wouldn't shut up. Emilio was trying to wake up from this nightmare. But he wanted to rest. All attempts at making a deal with the guards for his freedom was met with laughter. Even his captor scoffed at his offers. We'll they'd see. Emilio remembered the symbols on the portal, beautiful but hard to look at. He saw that the men had shut it off by touching them. Emilio's door farted. It. Farted! What kind of crazy place was this? He needed to find out what the others knew. Something!


Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers

This was no way to treat a revolutionary hero! To be thrown into some gulag! Amerigo demanded to see the man in charge. The guards had balked at first. No one requested that! But soon word was sent and Amerigo was strapped into a chair. The guards left shaking their heads as he took in his surroundings. There was a very dead orc strapped into a similar chair nearby, along with...why That was your book! This new information was grand but interrupted as a door opened with a chittenous grinding sound. A tall thin figure in a black robe entered, carrying a lantern. "So. You wished to see me? Are your accommodations not to your liking?" A richly aristocratic voice mused.


Patak - Cell #5

The guards were wary of you. So cautious after you killed 4 with an eating utensil that they wore full armor in a squad of 10 whenever they had to being you to be questioned. They usually come when you are asleep. The better to get their licks in. In fact the guards were coming now. Sharpening a stone from the corner of your cell, you still had time to hear the child being beaten, the old dwarf crying out to eat some light, and the elfwoman promising protection to the child. Not likely the last bit, Patak thought. Sharpening the stone some more. Maybe if there were others, they could kill the guards together?


Isiah Incipio - Cell # 6

The darkness didn't bother Isiah. His gold eyes glinted. He feigned blindness to the guards whenever he may be taken. That orc had been a hard case. Stubborn and spiteful. Which is why the guards liked the orc even more than the guy in Cell #5. The large area had some kind of riot happening in there. Jason's nostrils flared. Did they...jail one of the guard's? Too hilarious.


Abdul the Unbound - Cell #1

Acid. They had used acid on him. Rock hammers and somehow generated electric current through him. Abdul sat sullenly in the cell. He had broken the door once trying to get out. He remembered it's shrieking screams. Was it alive? His captor reminded him of his own lost master. He couldn't hurt the door if it could feel could He? People were talking. Like himself! Maybe they knew where they were.


Silth - The big holding pen

Silth had waited for the line guard to enter it's cell before taking it. Silth was clever. However they had found Silth out, somehow. Now Silth was in here. The other potential hosts gathered around Silth. Talking angry. A huge creature calling itself "ogre" was pointing at Silth. "I'm going to **** in your **** you **** ***. You got some payback due Thomas!" The ogre stabbed a big finger into Silth's host again.


Nikita - Cell #4

Dry. Dark. Terrible this place Nikita thought. His tormentors had needed several breaks while working on him. He wouldn't tell them anything. Nikita had a sense for this place though. Wherever he was it was deep. Very deep. No sound of water though which was perplexing. Come to think of it, the air didn't flow and the lack of Windows anywhere was an interesting design for this place. Nikita had been asked about his gift. Couldn't explain it yet was punished for it. Who were these guys and why bring him here? Others must have arrived the same way. Nikita looked out of his cell. Could see a fight brewing in the big pen, could hear the boots of guards coming. A voice called to Nikita from cell #3. "Don't worry my grotesque companion. It will all be over soon. For I, Jeltar Gantz Heronis III will break us all free! Hnnnngh! Uuuuugggnh!" The fat man painted. "We'll once I get a good grip.."


Ksenija Ceranic - Cell #2

Ok so the cell door isn't a computer and all of these monsters are like from a video holo. Just where did Ksenija land after falling through that wormhole. The tech was theoretical and not even close yet. The place had an odd assortment of thugs too. Costume party? Cult? The torture was real. Why did this guy want her laptop? Could he even use a laptop? What was a "relic he kept referring to. One thing for sure, if she could get some of the stuff the guards fed the bio-door. She could get out. She could hear someone trying to break out and a woman talking about the guards hurting a kid. This was bad. But what to do?


Ok so format. It's bold Character name - location, plain text for your post, italics for ooc domain/skill usage/ and clarification on what you're doing. If you write a couple paragraphs a simple "my guy breaks down door" in ooc/italics works wonders. Mortal skills are on the table. Your divine items are locked up and you each have had sessions in the room it is located in. You guys can talk together or try to do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Hakon - Cell #14

Hakon had been in prison before, though never one like this. This was not a place where you wanted to stay long, his instincts and his experience told him that much. He needed to get his hands on the Eye, if the legends about its power were true, it would be his ticket out of here. That they likely didn't know exactly what it did was his one chance. To pull a con, you had to know what your mark wanted, and luckily in this case it was obvious. So, he adopted the most pathetic and scared demeanor he could and then called out to the nearest guards trying to sound as broken as possible. "Look, please I'll help you, just get me out of here. I'm just a poor monk. I'll show you how it works, just please send me home." He threw in some sobbing to try and sell it.

Hakon's trying to convince the guard's he's scared and broken enough that he'll willingly cooperate for the promise of being returned home. Practiced Con-Man[+2] to sell the act.

Caufman
May 7, 2007



I am Communist posted:

Riley Cell #12

Riley was curled up in a ball. The kicking she had had left her exhausted. The patron of her woe had sensed her trying to access his dreams. He had sent 5 goalers to send her a message. <Stay out>. A grey skinned elf from cell #9 called out. "Child. Are you alright?" The elfwoman had taken her own beating yelling at the guards. She sounded weak. "Just tell them what you think they want to hear. I'll try to protect you."
The lack of light had helped Riley dream and sleep. However the guards were like blanks to her and her captor was very aware of any attempts to meddle there. Very odd the guards didn't dream. Footsteps coming from below echoed. Someone was coming.

Riley Cell #12

"I'm not a child," was the first thing Riley told the stranger. Not willing to trust anyone just yet, Riley took no comfort in the elfwoman's promise.

When the footsteps came, Riley stood up and practiced her stone face. As long as she can stand it, the thugs don't get to see her weak.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Holding Pen

Host/Thomas surveyed the gathering crowd. With so many, so exposed, there was little Silth was willing to do. Fighting would not be the correct course of action. Instead, Silth would attempt to bargain.

"You know what, Ogre?" Host/Thomas said, "You're absolutely right. I've got a lot comin'. And it can go down right here, right now," he said, turning as he spoke to address those gathered before returning to Ogre, "or you give me the chance to break us out of here, and then I'll take whatever you've got. gently caress these fucks. You want out. I want out. Let's settle this on the outside."

Using a bit of Guile [+2] to convince the prisoners to not maim or mutilate me.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 01:21

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Cell #4

He only dimly heard the man from the next cell. If he had means of escape, fine, but saying wasn't doing. From the sounds of his effort a heart attack was more likely than anything. For his part, Nikita merely waited. The guards had worked him over repeatedly to no avail. He had simply taken the beatings with silent stoicism while he worked out where he was and how to escape the place. He didn't have any real answers so far, and his patience was wearing thin.

The riot brewing in the yard, though. That might just lead to something. It would have the guards distracted if nothing else, should they try to move him elsewhere for "safety".

Nikita will wait and see what happens.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


I am Communist posted:


This was no way to treat a revolutionary hero! To be thrown into some gulag! Amerigo demanded to see the man in charge. The guards had balked at first. No one requested that! But soon word was sent and Amerigo was strapped into a chair. The guards left shaking their heads as he took in his surroundings. There was a very dead orc strapped into a similar chair nearby, along with...why That was your book! This new information was grand but interrupted as a door opened with a chittenous grinding sound. A tall thin figure in a black robe entered, carrying a lantern. "So. You wished to see me? Are your accommodations not to your liking?" A richly aristocratic voice mused.

Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers

"No, I'm afraid I must complain. First of all, what have I been charged with, to be incarcerated in such a manner? Secondly, where am I? Thirdly, I want whatever passes for a lawyer in this hellhole." Amerigo twitched. Yeah, he was a scrawny beanpole, but that often let others underestimate the sheer capacity for violence he was capable of. He realizes he's probably getting none of what he requests, but he needs to keep this being busy while he worked on getting his wrists out of the restraints as subtley as possible. Hopefully it would start to gloat and its attention would wander.

[Full Frontal Liberty+4] to sass and distract this rear end in a top hat while I begin to quietly work my way out of the seat.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 01:38

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Cell #2

Ksenija focuses on her breath. In, then out. Just the way Zlata taught her. It helps keep the pain out of her mind. There's a lot of it. At least she still had her favorite gray and blue coat. It was a little bit like a security blanket in this hell. She could still smell Hannah on it.

It didn't matter where she was, or what weird poo poo was up. What mattered was escape. She hears a conversation in the distance, about a kid? Torturing a kid? Her fists ball up. She'd been a street kid, and hearing about a kid suffering was fresh pain on a frayed nerve. Ksenija starts fumbling around, feeling for something, anything she might be able to use to get out. She wasn't going to sit around while they tortured kids.

Ksenija is using her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) to attempt to find anything in the cell she could use to help her escape.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 16:44

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Cell # 6

"Guard! Guard!" He shouted at the closest of his captors in the same tone he'd use on the lowliest soldier found sleeping at his post. "I too demand to see the man in charge. Immediately!" Prince Incipio had no desire to see his captor; at least not until he had his hands on Lich's Bane once more; but this hilarious riot was a perfect opportunity. If the guard was foolish enough to approach Incipio's cell without backup, the guard would soon find Incipio's hands around his neck, and then, with luck, his keys.

The captives in the cells on either side of him would make likely soldiers if he could free them. First though, he had to free himself.

Warrior Prince +4: use the voice of command to lure a guard over and murder the heck out of him.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Cell #5

Before anything else the warlord needed to know something about this prison. It seemed alive, it ate, it moved. It might even be breathing. A simple enough test was in order. Patak took up his sharpened rock and struck at his cell door with all his might. He wanted to see if he could make it bleed.

Because if it bleeds he could kill it.

I am using an improvised weapon to try to hurt the wall in an effort to escape. Warlord +6 To use all my strength striking at it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - Cell # 8

Emilio sat, elbows resting on his knees, tapping his fingers together, and on occasion steepling them and bringing them to his lower lip, deep in thought. He had heard the stories of the dread island prison of St. Verrici, certainly, but whatever this place was, it must be even worse than that.

...

Well, that just meant that if he could find some way out of here, he could find a way out of any prison, didn't it? Haha! Emilio rose to his feet, dusted his pants a bit, and made his way to the bars. He had no goods, only information, and the guards had thus far proven to be less than cooperative. Perhaps the woman in the next cell would be useful for things other than irritation.

"It is such a terrible thing, is it not, my fair lady?", he started, his tone low and sorrowful, to match the mood of the elven lady, "I wonder what cruel tricks of fate were the ones to throw us here..." he would start with small talk, get her to trust him. Then, gradually move towards the topics of escape and conspiracy regarding the institution they were in. And he would chat up the other prisoners too, trade about pieces of information on how to escape around until he and only he had the complete picture of how things worked around here, leaving the others with but disparage pieces. And in such a way, make himself valuable over the others.

Thus, it was his hope, even if the information wouldn't be enough to free him from his cell, it would be enough for him to offer to some more... burly sort of escapee for his own freedom.


Social Chameleon [+2] and Merchant [4]: Emilio will chat up the various prisoners around him to get his bearings and play information broker, until he has a somewhat actionable plan on how to espace this place (how exactly to touch the portal to operate it for example).

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 08:39

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Abdul the Unbound - Cell #1

Pain. It was not a word that the golem had accustomed to since his many years of creation. But when the unknown assailants approached, attacked, he felt it. Tools and weapons that pierced even his stony skin. Perfectly designed so, in fact. Were they expecting him? Or were they merely prepared for individuals such as himself? Abdul did not know, nor was that a concern of his at the moment. What mattered was getting out of here, wherever here might be. Certainly someplace he did not wish to stay for any longer than he had to, judging by how quickly his captors turned to violence.

These bars could not hold him, or so he thought, until they began to scream as he twisted them. The door was alive then? Unusual, but not the strangest object the golem had seen animated. If this was true, then he was unwilling to break them in his escape, yet what option remained to him then? If it was truly alive, Abdul pondered to himself, perhaps it could be negotiated with? And if it was a falsehood, if it was but a ghost sound made to disorient and dissuade him, well… it might give him nightmares later (metaphorically speaking, of course), but he could force through the shrieking if it was but trickery. Towards the door, Abdul spoke,

“Most apologies! I recognized not that you were a creature alive. Have I harmed you? Need you repairs? I cannot mend as you such from within, but the guards I may inform.”

OOC: Talking to the door to try and see if it’s something actually alive and that can hold a conversation, or if it’s some sort of spell and/or illusion designed to mess with Abdul.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Jamezbfod's success. Grants all other players in the cell block or holding pens a +2 bonus to your next actions.

If you act before the event, then the bonus does not apply. But if you want information or something before it, you can do that too.

Time is sort of fluid in these kinds of games, allowing for some flexibility.





Hakon - Cell #14
DC=6, Roll:7[+2](Applies)=9

A lot of guards arrive. The noise and commotion from other problem prisoners make them come in force. A four man squad of slack jawed pigment following a twitchy human carrying a lantern approaches. "Ugh, everyone wants to see the man today it seems. Fine. Fine. Back away from the door and well take you to him. No funny stuff or my friends here will take you down to the barracks to be their go-to gal. Wouldn't want to make you lose that will to live now do we? Pretty man like yourself." The pigment behind him show the first signs of anything in their cold black eyes. Cruelty and humor.

The human takes a lump of grey meat out of his pocket and let's the door smell it. The black carapace opens with a whine and the meat is fed into a tube.

You can go with them, or attack. The door is open.



Riley Cell #12

In your pain you dont hear the elfwoman speaking with the man in another cell. After they arrive on the block, the guards walk by your cell. Groups peeling off to each of the problem cells. The elfwoman had visitors. Riley could hear the snarls of the dogmen and an arguement before the woman started to scream. Her cries were cut off abruptly and soon the shouts of a captain were heard. "IDIOTS! The master will kill us for this. How can he get the secrets from her now? Quickly, we need to make this look like she hung herself. And stabbed herself. Missing her hands and feet..."




Silth - Host/Thomas - Holding Pen
DC=6, Roll:4[+2](Applies)=6

The ogre growled. "My name is Nelson you scragface!" He raised his fist but one of the other prisoners spoke up. "What if it be trickery Nelson! Thems could have placed em' in ere. We'll be gettin' it double hard if we hits him then!"

The Ogre seemed to weigh this then lowered his fist in disgust. Spitting on you, he turned his back. The guards arrival seemed to confirm the rumor. 5 black clad elite serpentine warders in riot gear stood behind a massive snakeman. His cobra's hood was flared above black armor. It hissed out. "What's going on here! Quiet on the block! No more trouble!"

Safe! For now. But Snake-Captain is here!



Nikita - Cell #4

Nikita could hear yelling. The sounds of fighting hadn't happened yet. A pair of guards stood outside of your cell speaking quietly. They were extremely tall and lithe. Behind their masks Nikita could see they had feline features. Their whispers could be heard if he strained to listen. One of the guards leaned back into your cell door, right outside the window in fact.


You can wait, listen, or act.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell Room of Lamentful Answers
DC=10, Roll:5[+4](Applies)=9

The figure paused and then laughed. This went on for some time. It made a motion of wiping away tears under its hood. "I've been abducting transdimentionals like you for quite some time. But you take the cake." Lighting a cigarette a pair of red eyes sunken into a greyish-blue face stared into your very soul. As it out the lighter away you could see a...handgun in a holster at its side. "Listen. I'm going to tell you something, you're never going home. The only way you're going to leave here is if you tell me how to use your 'relic'. The other way is death. You can beg. You can try to bargain. And you can scream. There is going to be a lot of that before the end..."

As the master talks, you start loosening your bonds. "Are...you listening? The gall! Give me one reason I don't put the bore worms inside you right now you insignificant flea!"


Just missed the mark. He hasn't seen your attempts to loosen your bonds but he is miffed that you didn't listen to his villainous monologue.




Ksenija Ceranic - Cell #2
DC=10, Roll:9[+4](Applies)=13

Ksenija searches everywhere in her cell, before finding an area of one wall which was slightly different than the rest of the room. As she pushed she realized, this area wasn't rock. But densely packed soil. As if when the place was constructed this area was filled in then forgotten about. It wasn't quite loose, but if she worked at it...she could hear sound behind it. It couldn't be more than a foot or three thick.

Situation went from literally nothing to something. Nice dice!




Isiah Incipio - Cell # 6
DC=6 Roll:6[+4](Applies)=10

A very large Ursine guard saddled over, dropping a pot of something it had been eating. It's sticky sweet breath blasting into Isiah's face. "Whut you want small one. Sit down before Pooh decides to eat you!" It pressed in closer. "Unless you want another beating..."


You have lured a single but large stupid guard over to your cell. It is Pooh, known for his eating habits and bad temper



Patak - Cell #5
DC=10, Roll:12[+6](Applies)=18 Holy. poo poo.

The door splinters into four even pieces speaking gore as it does in a horrific scream. Quiet descends in the hall as Snake-Captain, Pooh, and the sniveling human lieutenant all turn as one. All the guards are shocked and momentarily distracted. One of them could be heard distantly "What the gently caress was that?!"

Success. All other players in the cell block or holding pens get a +2 bonus to your next actions.



Emilio Ughi - Cell # 8
DC=4 Roll:7[+2](Applies)[+4](non-app)=9

Emilio spoke with the elfwoman before the guards arrived. What he learned shocked him. If it could be believed.
This prison. The kingdom in which it sat. The lands. The very world itself...all existed underground. Driven beneath the world by a cataclysm, so far underneath it no one could reach the surface. If indeed anyone could they would find it scoured of all life. This place was in the Kingdom of Dolgar. The warden was something called a Biologian. Most of what he did was with living things. Not quite a learned man of science or one of those magicians. Somehow that portal and the majority of things in the fortress were all alive.

However the conversation was cut short by the guards arrival and the elfwoman's subsequent murder.

You found a clue!




Abdul the Unbound - Cell #1

After thinking about his own observations about the door and trying to communicate with it, Abdul came to the conclusion it was a simple creature. Like a crustacean or an insect created/bred for the purpose. It seemed that it was trained or conditioned to open for feeding when the guards let it smell the grey "meat. It was interesting to note that the guards fed it quickly, lest it bite them instead. You hear a loud bang as a door on the block screeches and dies. Seems someone else figured it out.


Door infodump.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Cell #2

quote:

Ksenija searches everywhere in her cell, before finding an area of one wall which was slightly different than the rest of the room. As she pushed she realized, this area wasn't rock. But densely packed soil. As if when the place was constructed this area was filled in then forgotten about. It wasn't quite loose, but if she worked at it...she could hear sound behind it. It couldn't be more than a foot or three thick.

Ksenija smiles, it's the first thing that's gone vaguely right in here. There's a horrible racket outside, something like dogs barking and this horrible scream? She ignores it, not like she can do anything about it. Instead, she makes sure her gloves are on nice and tight before she starts the slow, painful work of digging with her hands. It wasn't too different from digging through compacted trash looking for food, really.

Ksenija will attempt to dig her way out, making use of Streetwise (+2) with Patak's +2 due to a lifetime of rummaging in dumpsters and trash. She will dig until she can clearly hear anything from the other side, then listen before deciding what to do next.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 16:44

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Cell #5

Patak scooped up a handfuls of gore and endeavored to feed as many of the other doors as possible before the guards converged and glorious battle would be upon them.

"Fellows! Fight if you can, hide if you cannot!"

Just running down the cell block feeding doors, Warlord +6 to defend/dodge the guards best as I can until I must fight.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Cell #4

It was frankly embarrassing to have been captured by people this stupid. Well, that was the advantage of numbers. Intellect became optional.

As the guard leaned back against his cell door, a tentacle snaked out and wrapped itself around their throat. The guard was hoisted up and back, and one of Nikita's muscled arms lunged outward and gripped them around the back of the neck. A deep rumbling voice emanated from within the cell.

"Free me, or your partner dies. Hesitate, and your partner dies. I never was overfond of cats."

Indomitable +2, with a +2 bonus from Patak, as his hostage finds themselves seized with unbreakable strength. Even should the other guard pull a weapon and attack his arm, it won't do them any good. Nikita ain't got time to bleed.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Cell # 6

The cell door beside mine exploded in a shower of gore. I'd already hoped to make my neighbor a soldier, perhaps he'd allow me to be his ally instead if he survived the arrival of the reinforcements the riot had brought. In any case, he'd given me my opening by distracting Pooh for a second. "What kind of soldier are you Pooh? Never turn your back to an enemy!" I thrust my war-scarred arms through the cell window and wrapped my hands around my jailor's ursine neck. Yanking with all my more-than human strength I pulled the bear's head into my cell. "Eating on duty. Disgraceful!" The fat freak's body wouldn't fit through the cell window; but that was okay. I knelt, or tried to rather; letting my weight hang from Pooh's head, only the edge of the window pressing against the base of his neck keeping my knees from touching the floor. "Are you such a disgusting slob that you forgot the key too? Or can you open the door in time to stop me from suffocating you, you sad excuse for a fighter?"

Suffocate and demoralize the guard into opening my cell +8
Use Jamezbfod's bonus for +2
Warrior Prince +4
Werewolf (strength and speed) +2.
If he dies, I guess I can try searching his body for a key.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Hakon - Cell #14

The first part of his plan had succeeded, now he needed to play this carefully.

"Of course." Hakon responds attempting to mimic the gratefulness of a broken man to his captor. "My relic, it is a stone that heals even the gravest wounds, it was our orders treasure." He plays up the harmless monk angle, then turns the conversation to play on the guard's greed, "There is a trick to using it. One that's difficult to explain unless I can show you. If you take me to it, I can show you and then you can show your boss. You can get all the credit," his voice quavers with just a hint of desperation to please his captors lest they hurt him again. Then one of the nearby doors explodes outward, and taking advantage of the opportunity, Hakon wails, "Oh gods, quickly take me to the stone. I'm not a fighter, I'll just be killed, and with it's power you can heal the injurered guards, you'll be a hero!"

These creatures might be alien, but guards were guards, and Hakon knew how they operated, he had seen all too many before.

Trying to convince the guard to take me to my relic (which I'm lying and saying is used for healing), promising him that he'll get all the credit and get to be the hero because I'll show him how it works. Practiced Con-Man[+2] to play the broken man desperate to please his captors, Former Thief[+4] to tailor this to guards from Hakon's past encounters with their profession, and the [+2] bonus from Jamez's thing to push him into a decision before he has a chance to think about it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Holding Pen

Host/Thomas seems completely oblivious to the insult delivered by Nelson spitting on him. He turns when the Serpent Guard stomp into the pen, holding up his hands in a non-threatening gesture. His arms flex and twitch ever so slightly as tentacles slip between muscles, slide over bone.

"Nothing is going on here. Just a friendly chat," says Host/Thomas. And then that inhuman scream, and the sudden commotion on the block. The Serpent-Men were distracted. The prisoners in the pen outnumbered them. He would likely not get a better chance. Hopefully they had even half the will to escape that it had.

As if all of his muscles flexed at once, Host/Thomas threw himself at the Snake-Captain, spines suddenly stabbing out from his palms and fore-arms, blood trickling. He was going for the throat. "Now! We won't get another chance! Fight or die!"

Attacking once the guards are distracted by Patak's [+2]. Using Host/Thomas' own combat ability via The Gleaning [+2] and the venomous spines the Parasite [+2] now has protruding from the Host's arms and hands. Going for the throat, paralyzing whoever I can.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 03:21

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers

Okay, now he's angry. He was in the hands of some sort of kidnappers/slavers led by a monomaniacal dipshit. "Because then you probably don't get my 'relic', do you? Plus, we've come this far, what are you going to do with them? I'm sure you have a plan for something that allows the quick set up of lavatories*. Seriously, its a plumbing guide. How did someone capable of all this end up here? You must have a higher plan here." (*Technically true, Vol VII was mostly about engineering away public health issues. People do a lot of eating and pooping every single day. Someone had to think about where it all went) . Amerigo hears some crashing off in the distance and hopes that contributes to the distraction but mostly he focuses on keeping the guy talking. Hopefully the proverbial other shoe will fall at some point.

[Full Frontal Liberty+4] along with [Scholar and Natural Scientist+2] to try to talk shop and pretend to find common ground and keep this guy talking while I continue to work at undoing the straps

Caufman
May 7, 2007



Riley Cell #12

The elfwoman could not protect Riley now. So much for that.


But there was new commotion now, the sound of someone breaking through their door and rampaging through the corridor. Riley couldn't quite make out if the noises were coming towards her or away from her.

"Help!" Riley screamed as loud as she could to whoever could hear. "I have a relic in here!" she lied. "It's not mine, I don't know what it does, but maybe it can help!"

Riley is committed to the lie now, but she searches her bare possessions for something she can use as a prop. As a street kid, she always had trinkets in her pockets, along with Leopold, her stalwart mouse companion. Maybe she's managed to hold onto a bauble, or palmed something when the guards were handling her. [Sneaky +2], but no Patak bonus since this would have happened before current events.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - Cell # 8

The door was actually a beast? As were other local items? What a peculiar thing! Such curios would have sold very well back home, he knew, to be added into the menagerie of some eccentric noble. Alas, he was not in the position to make such sales right now. All he could do was ponder upon his situation.

The furniture, whilst alive, was bestial and incapale of being conventionally reasoned with. The other prisoners, whilst easy enough to delve for information, were near incapable of helping him really. And the guards, too unshakeable to really deal with.

A horrid racket emerged from further down the corridor as one of the other prisoners broke free. An extemely dangerous looking one, too. Emilio smiled.

For true, the guards had been unshakeable thus far. But their confy position had just beed disrupted, and the situation had changed. Before, they had the means and the time to wait until they got the secret of his item from him. Now, the guards near his cell had lost that time. Emilio had his chips now.

"Tell me, soldiers", he spoke to the guards near his cell, "Do you serve for payment, or out of fear? Both are rather unfortunate choices for you, are they not? For the man who now approaches is rumored to slaughter you lot armed with but twigs and small stones and makes the former pointless, whilst the latter makes you incapable of saving yourselves."

Emilio flashed his gleaming smile, "But it need not be! For if you just take me to my item, I can guarantee you'll continue to gain the benefits of the former point, whilst evading the wrath of the latter. And trust me on this, an Ughi never lies on a deal!" not exactly true, that, but Emilio was good at being convincing.

"So it is either that or your sad, painful and pointless deaths in the service of someone who likely treats you as chattel. So what say you, gentlemen?"

Social Chameleon [+2] and Merchant [4] and the +2 from Patak : Emilio cuts the nearest guards a deal: he'll help them escape CERTAIN AND HORRIBLE DEATH (he'll paint this up so that it seems even more of a credible threat than it actually is) to continued prosperity and safety (well, some place, but again, a certain amount of trademanship is applied to the descriptor), if they just take him to his Item so that he can actually do so.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 18:30

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - Cell #1 | Promises: Feed the Door?

One brief ‘discussion’ later, and Abdul had determined that the creature was sentient. Not particularly intelligent, somewhere on the level of a common animal, perhaps even lower. But it was seemingly sentient, which meant that the golem was reluctant to harm it any further. What then to do? He would not force it open, but he had no desire to remain trapped within this cell either. Pondering over if there was not some way he could retrieve some of the strange grey ‘meat’ that the guards were feeding the door, Abdul was startled out of his thoughts by banging, shouting, and other usual sounds of impending violence. How worrisome. Was that one of his fellow prisoners attempting to escape, or one of the guards who had grown a little too heated? Whichever the case may be, the golem decided now might be an apt time to make his exit while attention was elsewhere. Approaching the door slowly, cautiously, with his hands raised, the golem began to speak in a tone one might use with a frightened babe or timid livestock,

“Calm, calm. I will further hurt you not. Calm, calm. If it is feed you wish, then I shall get it for you.” He gestured down towards the hallway where the guards had came from, mimicked putting food into his mouth, though Abdul had never eaten in his existence. “Just allow me to pass, and I shall find feed for you before departing. Calm, calm…”

OOC: Abdul is going to basically try and soothe the door to get its guard down and convince itself to open by promising to feed it. While the actual words might not be understood, Abdul’s Heart of Guileless Gold [+2] is more of a presence thing, so I figure it should work here. And I believe I get Patak’s [+2] as well.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002




Bonus update. All of you posted. Bonus update!

All cells are open or you freed yourselves into...other situations. One of you faces an NPC like yourselves. 3 of you are in the presence of the master! The rest of you have your own struggles with the guards. And Silth is reenacting HBO's award winning series Oz!

Good luck Everyone!




Ksenija Ceranic - The Unknown Corridor
DC=10 Roll:7[+2](Applies weakly but no punish)[+2](Bonus)=11

The earth slopes slightly downward before giving way beneath Ksenija's weight. Tumbling with a cry she falls into a wide corridor. The darkness of her cell gives way to the pitch black corridor. However this isn't the end. A faint glow from far to the left is extremely obvious. A cold wind blows from the right.

Ksenija is now in a large, very dark corridor. There is darkness to the right and faint luminescent light to the left.



Patak - Cell block proper
DC:12[-2](friends)=10 Roll:3[+6](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=11

The doors whine like hungry dogs and soon all unopened doors open on their own, wanting to be fed. A fat man comes out of one of them along with a crazed dwarf screaming about eating the light. Snake-Captain points at you and shrieks "Stop that huuuuuman!" As his fellow guards are attacked at just the right moment.

Some of the closet guards are occupied by other inmates. Lucky you!



Nikita - Cell #4
DC=6 Roll:9[+2](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=13

"Ok!" The guard says. "Please, I'll do it. Just don't kill my sister. The master killed the rest of our littermates. She's all I have left." She mews. The door opens just as Patak continues his rampage. To confuse things further a crazy dwarf and fat warrior charge towards the guards by the holding pens. The fat man shouts to Nikita, "Kill them! Or we'll never get out!"

The man oddly has a ring of convincingness to his voice. Compelling even. Fat man used compulsive voice [+2]. It felt wrong, like a violation but you also felt he was right even if he made you feel unclean.

You get out but you're being convinced to kill by Fatman's compulsive voice [+2]. You can give in or fight it.



Isiah Incipio - Cell # 6
DC=6 Roll:12!!!!![+8](Applies weakly but no punish)[+2](Bonus)=22 dice luck!

Isiah pulls! Pooh's neck thankfully snaps as his large frame cracks and breaks as it is drug through a very small hole. The blood and gore bathes the door and it opens making a slurping sound of...purring? Pooh was both obstacle and key in way. Isiah threw the corpse into the hallway adding to the carnage. A blood stained werewolf, he hadn't noticed the change come over him in his rage.

his body was a key nice dice!



Hakon - Cell #14
DC=4 Roll:6[+2](Applies)[+4](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=14

The nervous guard looked confused but then panicked at the jailbreak. "Quick! Take him and let's retre-, er! Um. Get this valuable prisoner back to the Master!" The pigmen each grabbed one of Hakon's limbs and soon were double timing out of there.

Hakon was roughly but quickly brought to a large chamber. The master was speaking with another bound prisoner. The red eyed master whirled around. "Just. What. Is the meaning of this INTERRUPTION!" Whipping out a small cylinder he pointed it at one of the pigmen and a red beam of light cooked it in about the time it took to blink. The sickening, sizzling, popping, smell of bacon filled the air. One of the guards vomited while the rest voided their bowels, adding to the aroma in the room.

Then suddenly a walrus-man burst into the room with another prisoner.
The master stood there gaping at the next interruption. "What the gently caress. Am I bring punked right now?"

The master pointed a rod at a nervous looking guard, then at the walrus-man. "One of you fucks better start talking before I start the BBQ."

Nervous guard is nervous and takes you to the master. The master is packing a microwave gun!
Nearby you can see:
Saddlebags
A dead orc
And a glass case holding multiple items.




Silth - Host/Thomas - Holding Pen
DC=10 Roll:3[+2](Applies)[+2](Applies)[+2](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=11

The Snake-Captain turned his back pointing and shouting at a prisoner down the hall. His men started towards the commotion and this is when Silth struck! The barbs stung the Captain before he could shout and he crumpled to the floor. It wasn't long before all the prisoners were shouldering past Silth and joining the fray. The elite guard cut 3 of the dozen men down but they were angry and fought like devils.

Silth made to exit the cage but a large meaty fist smashed right into Silth's host. "Forget about me sunshine?" Nelson said as he smiled through black teeth. "Don't care what you are. You're going down Thomas." The ogre advanced on Silth, cracking his knuckles, a dark chuckle escaping his lips.


Snake-Captain goes down! Nelson has a bone to pick with Host Thomas. No damage from the punch it's just flavor.[/



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers
DC=6 Roll:5[+4](Applies)[+2]](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=13

" What, you mental midget! I've brought creatures to Underworld no one has yet conceived! I bred and created creatures and supplied the magi of heroticus with reagents none have ever known! The technomancers of teehl sing my praises every noon-stone! The artificers, steam-tribes, and darkemen behold my wonders! My plunders." He says pointing at you.

"None can figure out how I get them. And none of you will live to tell-"

At that some pigmen and a very nervous man enter carrying one of the other prisoners. The master whirled around as one of your hands came free!

"Just. What. Is the meaning of this INTERRUPTION!" Whipping out a small cylinder he pointed it at one of the pigmen and a red beam of light cooked it in about the time it took to blink. The sickening, sizzling, popping, smell of bacon filled the air. One of the guards vomited while the rest voided their bowels, adding to the aroma in the room.

It almost made you gag.

Then suddenly a walrus-man burst into the room with another prisoner.
The master stood there gaping at the next interruption. "What the gently caress. Am I bring punked right now?"

The master pointed a rod at a nervous looking guard, then at the walrusman. "One of you fucks better start talking before I start the BBQ."

An awkward situation. There is one less guard. One hand free!


Riley Cell #12
DC=6 Roll:7[+2](Applies)[+2]=9

Riley gets a brown robed guard's attention with her story. Oh no. It was Sweet Tooth. The mushroom-fungus creature smelled of poo poo as it greedily opened Riley's cell. "Got somethin' sweet for me?" It garbled as it pawed at Riley's clothes. "Takem off. Gimmie. Where you hid it? I gots to look now." It giggled as it's stinking breath washed inches from Riley's face.

She should give it to him. The knife she palmed off one of the guards.

Protip: Mushroom-fungus men are weak against bladed weapons. Bonus +4 to stabbing.



Emilio Ughi - Cell # 8
DC=12 Roll:9[+2](Applies)[+4](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=15

It was a tough sell, probably the toughest in Emilio's life considering the situation. The timing was bad, the mark was wary and close minded. But somehow he convinced the sub-warden Walrusman to bring Emilio to his item. In the chaos and death it was easy for both to slip away. Running through the corridors they both burst into the most horrific of smells. Burnt pigman, vomit, excrement.
The master stood there gaping at the next interruption. "What the gently caress. Am I bring punked right now?"

The master pointed a rod at a nervous looking guard, then at the sub-warden. "One of you fucks better start talking before I start the BBQ."

Success.
Nearby you can see:
Saddlebags
A dead orc
And a glass case holding multiple items.
.




Abdul the Unbound - Cell #1 | Promises: Feed the Door?
DC=16 Roll:3[+2](Applies)[+2](Bonus)=7

The door doesn't respond. But soon it doesn't matter as they are opened by an imposing warrior dodging guards. It's bedlam out there. Guards dead. Prisoners dead. Everyone fighting everyone. "Oh gently caress, the golem is loose! They don't pay me enough for this shiite!" a dwarf guard cried. Three of them ran at the sight of you.

It would have been a massively hard roll even with animal skills. The things are very simple. However Patak delivers again with a grey/red meat buffet!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 22:54

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Hakon - The Interrogation Room

This is not what he had been hoping for, there were too many unknown pieces in play, and he needed to make a decision on how to play this fast. He could feel the Eye in the cabinet, it was the same sense of connection when his blood had fallen on it and it had started to grow. However, the important fact was that he couldn't see the Eye, which meant, even if used that connection to activate nothing would happen. According to the legends the gem worked its power on all who could see it. Worse, the glass case appeared locked, and he didn't favor his chances for smashing the glass and finding the eye and activating it before the robed one fried him, assuming he even could smash the glass.

Really, it left only one option, keep playing his current con, and hope an opportunity developed. So, when the guard was killed, he flinched and whimpered, and generally continued to play the broken monk when the so-called master yelled, he responded in the same pleading broken voice he used before. "I had only offered to show him how my gem worked, please don't hurt me." with that last request he cowers letting out little weeping sounds, trying to seem frightened and desperate.

Hakon's keeping up the con for the moment, looking for a moment of opportunity. Practiced Con-Man[+2] to keep selling the image of the broken monk desperate to cooperate with his captors to avoid more torture.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Holding Pen

Host/Thomas staggered backward from the hit, before turning to square off against Nelson. Huge. Perhaps useful. But he likely did not know the location of the Silth Stone. Thomas did. Thomas was necessary, for now. In a rather uncharacteristic move, Silth loses its patience for the huge... human-thing. Ogre. Whatever he called himself.

"Thomas is dead," said Host/Thomas, paradoxically. "I do not have time for this."

Host/Thomas suddenly shoved one of the other prisoners at Nelson, turning to take off down the corridor at a dead sprint. Host/Thomas' may become winded, but Silth would maintain the pace. There would be no stopping until it reached the Room of Lamentful Answers.

Run away! Using Host/Thomas' knowledge of the facility via The Gleaning [+2] and the burst of tireless speed provided by the Parasite [+2] to sprint to where the artifacts are kept/Room of Lamentful Answers, using Guile [+2] to hopefully give Nelson the slip along the way. Silth ain't got time for a grudge match against a dead dude.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 23:54

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - the Unknown Corridor

quote:

The earth slopes slightly downward before giving way beneath Ksenija's weight. Tumbling with a cry she falls into a wide corridor. The darkness of her cell gives way to the pitch black corridor. However this isn't the end. A faint glow from far to the left is extremely obvious. A cold wind blows from the right.

Ksenija is now in a large, very dark corridor. There is darkness to the right and faint luminescent light to the left.

Ksenija chuckles. It hurts. She savors it. It's the taste of freedom. Now she just has to get her laptop and escape the building. She dusts herself off and stands up again. A minute of fumbling. She finds the wall. It's damp against her synthhyde gloves. The smell is rotten and acrid, like stacked batteries left in the rain. Just like that Clicker den, back in the old days. The memory of it still makes her shudder, just a little bit. She pushes herself up against the wall. Her knees pop as she crouches down. Has it really been that long since she walked this much? Not important. She moves down the faintly lit corridor. Each step is slow and measured.

Ksenija moves down the faintly lit hallway sneakily. Streetwise (+2)

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Cell Corridor

Now that the others were free and apparently holding their own it was Patak's first perogative to gain a light source. His second was to find a weapon. His third was to cut down all who oppose him. If the others left him anything to stab!

"Well done wolfman! Come, we have more who need their blood spilled!"

What it says: Light, Weapon, Fight! Warlord +6

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers


Ugh, Amerigo had never liked pork to begin with, to say nothing when it could sass you. Almost there, almost there....Amerigo moves faster to unbind the other hand and then to get rid of the other straps while the comedy of errors continues on and on.


[Full Frontal Liberty+4] To get the last of the straps off.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2017 around 00:38

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - outside Cell # 6


When, if, things calmed down, Isiah Incipio would be embarrassed. He hadn't lost control this way since he'd slain Archlich Nheg'vaed and claimed Lich's Bane. The Bone Blade could not be wielded by a wolf. For now though, there were enemies to slay!

Isiah lifted his snout and sniffed as he stalked out of his cell. His transformation into a wolf continuing. Falling onto all fours, his bones snapped and splintered before reforming. The sound very similar to those Pooh had made in his final moments. The man disappeared and a giant, chest high wolf replaced him. Shaggy fur streaked with grey in many spots; marking the scars from a lifetime of war against the undead and their traitorous humans who served them. "Arooooo" The wolf howled the ancient battlecry of Incipio's family as he bounded down the corridor towards the guards congregating on the human warlord.

Team up with Patak to rip and tear apart the guards.
Werewolf +2

Off to a good start. Here's hoping the dice don't suddenly abandon me.

LLSix fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2017 around 04:58

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Cell #4

Nikita blinked, slowly. He could feel something invading his thoughts. Something vile, and slimy, and familiar. The figure in his hand was shaking and he realized his fingers had begun to close like a vice on her spine. It was a great effort to force it to obey him again and loosen, his body screaming protests all the while. He raised his other arm and bit viciously into it and he felt the compulsion fade. He knew that trick, and he knew the ways to alleviate it somewhat. Pain was a good method when you were aware it was happening.

Best run while you can, fat man. I'll be coming for you next.

He gently set the woman down, retracted his arm through the bars and yanked the pair of them inside. He remained at the door, glancing back and forth between the siblings and the chaos outside. He gripped the doorframe tightly in one hand, something solid to remind him of where he was and what he was supposed to do. The alien thought still echoed vaguely in his mind, demanding he kill the guards, and he refused to obey it. He was no-one's slave.

"Keep quiet and do as I say. I am leaving, and I want my rings back. You two lead me to them, and to an escape, and I am content to let you go your own way when we've finished. If that is agreeable to you, nod your heads. A better fate than this master of yours finishing the job, surely. And I doubt he'll be well pleased at this mess when all is said and done."

He paused, choking back the red haze trying to rise up. Ugly memories flashed to the fore.

"Another thing." He swiped his fingers through the pooling blood where he'd bitten himself and muttered a few low words, and etched a sigil on his brow. He approached the guards, ignoring any protests they might make and quickly daubed the same sigil upon them. He had no reason to really value their lives or trust them, but strange situations made strange bedfellows. If it spited the man who tried to manipulate his mind, he would happily be a fool.

"Should you find your mind turning against you, keep each other in your thoughts and steel yourself. Blood and salt can be proof against such things, but the natural sciences often fail in the face of raw ego."

Indomitable [+2] and Witch [+2] to ignore the kill command.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2017 around 03:32

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Cell #12

"There." Riley points at the farthest corner of her cell. Behind her back she holds the knife with the blade down, ready to make rapid downward stabs. "I hid it in that corner."

Riley is setting up a backstab on Sweet Mouth. [Sneaky +2][Vulnerability to Knives +4]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - The Interrogation Room

A device that could boil a man(like creature) alive, at range? This realm had many surprises, for certain! Emilio eyed the various people present, but quickly set on addressing the interrogator as the most important.

"Prisoners are not really the sort to play such pranks, m'lord", Emilio was quick to straighten his back, and speak in polite, deferential tones to what he assumed was some sort of nobility, keeping his speech reasonable and polite, without being overtly friendly (would have seemed too suspicious taken his circumstances), "No, I am afraid they are the sort to dress their vengeful desires in simpler cladding. Say, in the form of a riot", Emilio smiled ever so slightly, "For you see m'lord, I am not certain where you get your prisoners, but they seem more than perfectly capable of ripping to shreds both your servants, elites and fodder alike. Made worse by the fact that you're suffering from large scale prison break. Take a look for yourself, if you do not believe me."

Emilio flashed his smile, "Now, I take it you're a collector of some sort, of stranger sort of curios perhaps? All of that I find perfectly well and good, mind, for I am a practitioner of the mercantile arts myself! And even though you've treated me particularly poorly, I am still willing to make a fair deal with you: Give me my item, and you will be given a powerful boon of your choosing to quell this uprising, in return of my and this gentleman's", Emilio nodded at the walrus guard, "immediate expulsion from this dreary building to a safe place, as well as your oath to never act or plot against me or my fortunes in any way, shape or form from now on."

"I cannot guarantee your continued survival against the onslaught that is coming, of course, but as a man of reason I'm sure you'd rather part with but a single item and possibly curtain the onslaught, than almost certainly lose everything. Take it, or leave it."

Social Chameleon [+2] to swtich from convincing brutes to convincing aristocrats, and Merchant [4] to make the bossman a DEAL THEY CAN'T REFUSE. A boon for them to gain some edge against the uprising, my item back and freedom for me (and the walrusguy).

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - Outside of Cell #1 | Promises: None! | FP: 1?

No matter what he said, what he did, the door wasn’t responding. Abdul wasn’t entirely shocked at that, if he was being honest, but he disappointed nonetheless. Would he have to put some strength into it after all? Injuring the thing was out of the question, but perhaps he could just force it open…? To do that without damaging the door would be tricky, however. Maybe the walls could be broken down...

While the golem was pondering over an alternative escape plan, he realized that his cell had opened at some point, and without any further screaming at that. Well, from the door, anyways. The guards were still causing quite a ruckus, which only loudened as Abdul stepped out into the hallway, puzzled. Someone had set the golem free then. Who? Ah, that one. The shouting one. Abdul was somewhat wary of the look in the man’s eyes as he ran by, but the fact remained that he had been set free by the warrior. That was a debt that must be repaid, though preferably not with blood. Following the warrior and the suddenly appearing wolf down the hallway, the golem said with a rather sedated tone in spite of the situation,

“Pardon me, pardon me. I am thankful for the rescue, so allow me to assist. Ah, do try to keep the bloodshedding to a minimum, if you would… I realize they are our captors, but I would imagine most are simply doing their jobs.”

Even now, after his imprisonment and treatment of acid and electricity, Abdul could not bring himself to hate or spite his aggressors. Quite literally, in fact. Instead of retribution, the golem shielded the two alongside him with his body, and if he could sought opportunity to toss the guards inside their own cells before they could be slain.

OOC: I’m… doing exactly as I said. Body of Shaped Stone [+2] to meatstoneshield for Patak and Wolf-Isiah and invoking Pacifist [+2] to help subdue the guards while doing so so they don’t get slaughtered.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Hakon - The Interrogation Room
DC=10 Roll:10[+2](Applies)=12

"Fine. Slakeon, take him over there and manacle him to the wall." The Master said, gesturing at the wall away from The Eye and other treasures. "I'll deal with him later." The pigmen and nervous man (Slakeon) begin moving you to the far wall.

Suddenly, A giant ogre out of nowhere crash lands right on top of the glass case, destroying it and spilling the "relics" into a pile on the floor. You don't see the Eye.

You're about to be manacled.

" KILL! KILL KILL KILL! Them all!" Screams the master as he discharges his weapon into the Ogre, rendering him into a fine ash. The weapon glows white and the master drops it, pulling out a six shooter .45 handgun. The guards in the room draw their weapons.

He believed you. You are now downgraded from #1 on the bacon-lazer list to #3. Shame about the bondage. If you let them do it. The master is no longer looking at you and is distracted [-2] to any future sneakery by Hakon. Unless you call attention to yourself. The glass case is now broken.



Silth - Host/Thomas - Thunderdome
There are no prisoners to throw. They have all left the cell as previously mentioned and are dying/fighting the guards. [-2] to the roll. Lucky for you running is easier than fighting. The details will matter in this game and characters will die and the fate of empires swing in the balance. If there are any questions or clarify needed about things I have PMs, IRC, and Discord.
DC=6 Roll:4[-2]For aforementioned reason[+2](Applies)[+2](Applies)[+2](Applies)=8

Host/Thomas does a wired move where he makes a throwing motion at the Ogre. Nothing happens. Nelson did pause long enough for Silth to run with the Ogre hot on his heels. As you make it into the chamber where everyone else seems to be congregating, Nelson leaps to grab you and host/Thomas ducks instinctively.

The giant ogre crash lands right on top of the glass case, destroying it and spilling the "relics" into a pile on the floor. Silth doesn't see the stone. But sees a scene on the brink of chaos pushed over the edge.

" KILL! KILL KILL KILL! Them all!" Screams the master as he discharges his weapon into the Ogre, rendering him into a fine ash. The weapon glows white and the master drops it, pulling out a six shooter .45 handgun. The guards in the room draw their weapons.


The roll in spite of the penalty succeeds.



Ksenija Ceranic - Killswitch Control Room
DC=4 Roll:5[+2](Applies)=7

Ksenija entered a large room. A hangar. Massive and as far as the eye could see...giant beetle monsters. Rods that glowed red stuck from their heads, likely keeping them docile. There were hundreds and hundreds of them. At the end of the room was a large console. A monitor that was not a monitor showed the master in his current location. A red light displayed on the Master's head. Disturbingly whenever his concentration slipped in the vid feed, the beetles lurched and snapped jaws and claws. One of the humans that likely monitored this warehouse was a pool of parts. Pulped when a beetle must have lurched.

On the monitors you can see it...your Laptop!

You have discovered a doomsday deadman switch paradise. If the master loses his will, consciousness, or concentration. The unholy bioterrors will be released to destroy everyone and everything in the facility.


Patak - Cell Corridor
&

Isiah Incipio - outside Cell # 6
And
ABDUL the unbound

The rest of the guards are beset by Isiah and Patak and the motley crew of prisoners. Abdul shielded the men as they fought.

The battle is brief and the other prisoners took casualties. There were 3 of them left. A commotion was heard from upstairs in the quiet.

No more loose guards.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers
DC=6(easier with one hand free and no failed rolls) Roll:10[+4](Applies)=14

Amerigo watched as the thief talked himself into being tied up as he finished freeing himself. Suddenly, A giant ogre out of nowhere crash lands right on top of the glass case, destroying it and spilling the "relics" into a pile on the floor. You see your book spill onto the floor amongst other things.

" KILL! KILL KILL KILL! Them all!" Screams the master as he discharges his weapon into the Ogre, rendering him into a fine ash. The weapon glows white and the master drops it, pulling out a six shooter .45 handgun. The guards in the room draw their weapons.

Yes three turns. One failed roll. One success after a failure while he was scrutinizing you not distracted. A final success without any bad situations or other things getting in the way. We must have missed each other in IRC, but I consider myself to be a hard but fair GM. If there are any issues about the length of time or difficulty of a repeated task after a failure or repeated attempts, I can be reach via PMs in addition to the discord and IRC.


Nikita - Cellblock

Fat man Roll:5[+2](Applies)=7
VS
You Roll:8[+2](Applies)=10

The catwomen both nodded but as you all rounded the corner the Fat man stood before you, holding a dead guard's sword. "No one says no to me or drugs! Nobody!" He was bleeding from his nose, likely exhausted after you beat him. "I take no changes, you are too strong to live!" The battle raged all around you.

You shake off the attempt. He's in the way. Time for Nikita to take out the garbage. Everyone else is busy.



Riley Cell #12
DC=4 Roll:10[+2](Applies)[+4](Applies)=16

"Eeeeehyyy?" Said Sweet Tooth "I dun see nuthin' take off your-" The knife severs the mushroom's spinal column. He falls to the ground, his eyes screaming. Alive and paralyzed. The battle raging outside soon coming to a near close.

He's not dead. Yet. But he's down for the count.



Emilio Ughi - The Interrogation Room
DC=12 Roll:3[+2](Applies)[+4]=9

"I don't have time for thi-"

The master is interrupted. As suddenly a giant ogre crash lands right on top of the glass case, destroying it and spilling the "relics" into a pile on the floor.

" KILL! KILL KILL KILL! Them all!" Screams the master as he discharges his weapon into the Ogre, rendering him into a fine ash. The weapon glows white and the master drops it, pulling out a six shooter .45 handgun. The guards in the room draw their weapons.

You see your book next to a few others on top of the pile.

A very hard sell, considering he holds all the cards and the Master is really not in the humoring mood. Luckily a distraction has presented itself.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2017 around 00:04

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Killswitch Control Room

"That's a HEXacore-H4579 you dongles! Do you know how many creds that cost?!" Ksenija mutters to herself as she watches the carnage.

But only for a moment, she has work to do. Ksenija sinks down low again and starts making her way across the warehouse. There are piles of goo in a panoply of colors. Her favorites are the nutrient paste green ones, though they smelled somewhat better than the paste. In general she found it surprising how much better this place smelled than most of Perdition City.

Ksenija sneaks towards the console Streetwise (+2) and tries to use her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) to make sense of this alien OS and safely deactivate the dead man's switch.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo was free! The sensible course of action was to grab the Tactica and make a run for it. He is, however, also pissed, annoyed, and ready to hurt someone. He sees the self styled "Master" drop the pig-frying device, and pull out some kind of pistol? It reminded Amerigo of the prototype weapon he had seen in the Consilium (being waved around in the air angrily by its holder demanding speaking time).


Hopefully its operation was the same; hammer back, boom. Amerigo carefully makes his way toward the despot with the intention of waxing one of the guards. Hopefully the Master was out of backup weapons.

Using [Natural Scientist and Scholar+2] to figure out shooty go boom and [Full Frontal Liberty+4] and a [Flaw Point+2] to sneak up, grab the gun, and shoot a guard.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2017 around 01:20

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Cell #12

"Good night, Sweet Tooth."

Riley moves to deliver Sweet Tooth the coup de grace and loot his corpse. [Sneaky +2][Vulnerability to Knives +4]

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Hakon - The Interrogation Room

Well, the it seems the con had lived it's usefulness. So with a motion totally unexpected to the guard leading him over to the far wall, he with terrifying casualness gets his hand on the guard's dagger, sheathed at his waist, and then once he has his hands on it, in a single smooth motion, he spins the knife glinting as he attempts to run its edge along the nervous guard's throat.

Trying to steal the guard's dagger and kill him with it. Former Thief[+4] to steal his dagger and then the skills to wield it with masterful grace, Practiced Conman[+2] to keep up the illusion of cooperation and keep the guard's guard down until his stolen dagger is cutting his throat.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Cell Corridor

He glared at the Golem for interrupting his kill, but chuckled darkly when he realized the guards were going to starve to death. "Come, Golem, let us get our things and subdue the master of this place. I am sure we all have...questions for him."

He ran at full speed to the interrogation room, this Room of Lamentful Answers. Guards he would slay, but the Master needed to tell the group all he knew.

Then the prisoners would decide his fate.

Going to the room, killin' guards and overpowering biomancers. Warlord +6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Cellblock

Nikita's tentacles thrashed in agitation at the challenge. It seemed there was something about the ability to manipulate a mind that twisted people, made them arrogant. In the end, they wound up just as enthralled as their pawns. Puffed up on pride and incapable of tolerating any form of dissent. He might find it sad if raw vitriolic hate weren't overruling such notions.

Balling his fists, Nikita strode forward towards the fat man. He'd spare no words on this worm, simply step on him and continue on. He could only hope the man had no real training in swordsmanship. Brawling was old hat for Nikita, and he'd taken a blade against pirates a time or two, but he was no soldier. He would have to close the distance and keep him from bringing the weapon to effective position. A few cuts he could handle. Being run through, maybe not so much.

With only perhaps ten paces between them, Nikita went low and dashed forward, coming up with a hard right to break the already bloody nose. Unlikely to floor him, but it would throw the man off balance long enough to follow through.

Indomitable [+2] to withstand his opponent's attacks long enough to throw an uppercut, than grab the sword arm and bend it the entirely wrong direction. Then we find out which breaks first: Nikita's fists or this guy's face.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«18 »