Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Room of Lamentful Answers

Chaos. Insanity. One thing at a time.

Host/Thomas turned to the guard closest him, fearful. He moved toward him.

"Slake! It's me, Thomas! Don't you recognize me? You gotta help me! I need a knife, Slake, or we're both dead!"

It didn't matter to Silth if Slake handed Host/Thomas a weapon or if he merely hesitated at the sight of a 'friendly' face; it would push that blade into Slake's throat as soon as Host/Thomas got close enough to lay his hands on it.

Using Host/Thomas' familiarity with the guards via The Gleaning [+2] and a bit of Guile [+2] to get close enough to a guard to grab a weapon and slit his throat.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 02:11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - The Interrogation Room

The man was a tough sell. Oh well, couldn't close all your deals, that was a fact of life. He would have preferred it if his life wasn't on the line, of course, but what could you do.

Yes. What could you do? What could he do? Perhaps he should just wait. Yes, that sounded good. The air was heavy with violent tension, it wasn't long after somebody was going to do something to trigger an all out brawl. Ought to be easy enough to shuffle eeever so slightly towards the loot pile and grab the Ledger during the conflict. Emilio's eyes glinted with greed as he eyed his prize, and bit his lip.

Soon...

Ticking Greed once for a +2, as Emilio waits for a fight to begin to allow him to shuffle towards the loot pile to grab his own object.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - outside Cell # 6

"No one says no to me or drugs!" The wolf's keen ears picked out the sentence even through the moaning of those not dying quickly enough. Even as a wolf, Isiah Incipio had enough mind left to be surprised to see one of the other prisoners confronting the stoic prisoner who had been in the cell beside his. Then the words registered through his bloodlust. Was the prisoner trying to use some sort of mind control power? Isiah growled deep in his throat. He hated men who twisted the wills of others. He had imprisoned the soul of the last person to try that in a place where they would be tormented forever. He hated them... Isiah didn't even realize his body had started moving until he came streaking out of the shadows; fanged maw opening wide to bite down on the presumed sorcerer's hamstring. And ankle. And foot. And most of his lower leg. Isiah Incipio was a very large wolf and has a very large mouth to match.

Helping out Shardix/Nikita with the crazy prisoner problem.
Werewolf +2

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Abdul the Unbound | FP: 1

The golem still did not quite like the look in the warrior's eyes, nor the way he chuckled, but had to agree that the Master of this place needed questioning. Who were they? Why had they gathered all these prisoners, and how? And of course, where exactly were they? Yes, important questions indeed. The golem tarried along after the warrior, saying,

"Yes, let us retrieve some answers. I am most curious as to why I, and the others, were brought to a place such as this. Please do be cautious, I would hate to see the one who freed me injured."

OOC: Following Patak to find the master of this prison.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Update. Some clarifications. It takes time to sort out. Locations are all up to date and should be in each of your posts. Bad effects can happen if players don't know where the characters are located.

Skills actually need to be written into the post to be used.

Action stacking is not permitted.
Stacking:
Applying a skill trickery [+2] in Tricking the farmers wife into giving you a pastry and then chessmaster [+2] to beat the farmer at chess are two separate actions so its not one roll and not one act.

Not stacking actions:
If you use trickery [+2] to make the farmers wife distract the farmer to beat him with chessmaster [+2]. That is a single action and roll and gets the +4.

Anyhow on with the show!




Mood music: https://youtu.be/Lbvb-AQ3oVM


Nikita - Cellblock
&

Isiah Incipio - Cellblock
VS
Fatman

The Fat man was fast for his size. Powerful strokes almost cut each of you. However soon between Nikita's timelessness and Isiah's bestial form they wore the nimble yet sweaty mindbender down. Severat blows from Nikita made the man lose his grip on his sword. Then the wolf had the man by the throat and it was over. Three of the remaining prisoners approached. "What now?" One of them asked.

ugh I lost the rolls for fatfight and didn't write them down. Let's just say you both killed him since he didn't roll better than one of you anyway.



Riley Cell #12
DC=0 Coup de grace

The pain and horror on sweet tooth's face was evident as the light drained from its shitstained eyes. Riley picked up it's sword. Sounds of people leaving and some prisoners fighting entered her cell. If she didn't walk out soon the door was going to close again. It began creaking shut.

Riley is now armed and dangerous!



Ksenija Ceranic - Killswitch Control Room

DC=10 Roll:7[+0(2)]Doesn't apply to hack[+4](Applies)=11

The code is beavering. Ksenija started to sweat. Bioglue=riparmsoff. Null values. It made no sense! Appears. Seed? Yes that was it! She ripped out the mainboard and the beetles all went still. The fight continued on screen, her laptop kicked.


No action stacking, sneaking to the machine was an act. Hacking an act. If she was trying to hide the hack from sysadmin that would be one act. No dice. Luck was on your side though, barely passed.



Emilio Ughi - Room of Lamentful Answers
DC=0 A craven auto success!

Doing nothing Emilio hid. The guards and the master deciding he was not a threat could focus on the real dangers. Everyone fighting for their lives could see the base selfishness of the act.


Greed -2 You have earned 1 FlawPoint to be used against you. The guards all get a +2 to all rolls while Emilio hides.(next round) But Emilio is immune to being targeted and will take no damage while hiding. Each round he hides he earns another FP.

Edit; you find your artifact




Amerigo Hieronymus Room of Lamentful Answers
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 FP
DC=6 Roll:3[+0(2)]Doesn't apply to getting the gun[+2](Applies)[+4](Applies)
also no +2 FP!how does your flaw apply and where is the role play that is about this flaw? the stubbornness etc?=9

You can use Natural scientist to shoot the modern gun without penalty on the next action. What if the first action failed? Would Amerigo have pointed his finger at them?


Amerigo gets the gun. The master looks dumbfounded but then begins to pull something else out of his coat. Targeting you!


No bad feels, just explaining. If I called another player to the carpet for separate actions, I have to be fair. Note: Using your flaw is an auto succcess at the cost of gaining a flaw point to be used against you by the GM or another player. but it has to fit and be dramatic in the post and have an in character effect.


Hakon - Room of Lamentful Answers
DC=6 Roll:8[+4](Applies)[+2] (Doesn't Apply) The con was over? =12

The guard held his throat gurgling. "No0o0o!" He bwargled. The nervous man died in a pool of his own misery and blood. His death triggered one of the pigmen into action, it swung it's sword in front of Hakon. Getting in his way.

The con sort of stopped applying and new trickery was not written about. But you succeed in killing a guard by surprise.


Patak - Room of Lamentful Answers
&
Abdul the Unbound - Room of Lamentful Answers | FP: 1

Abdul and Patak enter the room. The master was squaring off against Amerigo. Hakon was fighting a pigman. Emilio was cowering. Thomas was begging another guard for a weapon! Spotting you both one enraged walrus-man charges the both of you!

No guards left to stop you getting there. A partner is waiting to dance.

Abdul. I am invoking your Pacifism [-2]. Mission Abandoning Patak: You cannot assist in the fighting unless it is to shield Emilio and try to convince him to stay hidden.
If you do this and roleplay it well, you also auto succeed in getting your crown back. And all previously earned flaw points are removed. IF you do it well (GM judgement).




Silth - Host/Thomas - Room of Lamentful Answers
DC=6 Roll:5[+2](Applies)[+2](Applies)=9

Slake the pigman shook his head at Thomas. Confused. "You went bad Thomas. Why should I help-" His look of confusion turned to terror as Silth killed him. The path ahead was open to The Stone. Everyone would be occupied. Silth no longer needed help.

The way is clear.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 16:08

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus The room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo draws the hammer back. "I wouldn't do that, unless you want to find yourself with less brains in your head than usual."

Re: mechanics, noted. [Full Frontal Liberty+4] to intimidate him into not drawing that, and uh, shooting him if he continues to draw it.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 02:09

Caufman
May 7, 2007



I am Communist posted:

Riley is now armed and dangerous!

Riley is armed, but she's always been dangerous


Riley Leaving Cell #12

As soon as she had Sweet Tooth's sword in hand, Riley was out the door and moving away from the sound of fighting.

Attempting to avoid both the fight and any detection, Riley heads for the quietest route available. [+2 Sneaky]

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Hakon - Room of Lamentful Answers

With the smooth motion and calm that only comes from long practice, Hakon attempts to dodge the pig-man and then end his life as well. Eyes, throat, arteries, he's learned to hit them all, growing up on the streets requires the will to survive, and the ability to keep calm in a brawl, and Hakon very much wanted to get to his gem, and he was prepared to kill anyone in his way.

Former Thief[+4] to keep the stab-fest going. Going for the kill on the guy in between me and the items.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - outside Cell #5

The cracking sounds of bones splintering and reforming filled the corridor. The wolf that was Isiah stretched and contorted and then rose up on malformed hind legs until he was a man once more. "Well fought strangers. I am the prince Isiah Incipio. Diademed Battle Lord and heir to the green hills and rich mountain mines of the Forest Land. Victor of more battlefields than there have been new moons since I was born. What happens next is that you follow me to retrieve that which is rightfully ours. Follow my commands and we will all be victorious once more. Hopefully no more of the freed prisoners will turn on us as this traitorous scum did. I do not like killing those who should be my allies, but I have learned not to hesitate when it proves necessary either. You have already seen the least part of my abilities in combat and our purple skinned friend seems to know something of preventing attempts to control our minds. Tell me; what skills do you possess to aid our mutual enterprise?"

Convincing the prisoners to follow me. Planning to head to the Room of Lamentful Answers next.
Warrior Prince +4

OOCly: Shardix, if you want to try to add one of the three prisoners to your two ex-guard followers that seems fair to me. One to you and two to me still gives you 3 followers to my, potential, 2.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - The Room of Lamentful Answers

This room was in chaos. The Architect of their capture, their torture, and the theft of their "Relics" was in this room. Only a single guard stood between Patak and his quarry. It seemed based on a slow but powerful creature. Its tusks added to the danger. The...intellectual had a weapon trained on the Master, who was reaching for another trick up his sleeve. In a split second the warlord made his decision.

He would put his axe in the charging guard's head. He knew the Golem would not help. He hoped the intellectual could handle the Master for a moment more.

Can you believe it? The enemy is coming to me!
I will kill the guard. Brutally. Warlord +6

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Killswitch Control Room

These loving people! They almost kill her and then they kick around her laptop! She can't take the scene anymore and looks down at the mainboard, still in her hands. It blinks with a large milky eye. She throws it at a wall. Wait.

Why did the mainboard have an eye? Did she see hair on it?

Ksenija shudders. No, she had a better question. Where was the other self-destruct? If this place operates anything like a corp than something important enough to destroy in an emergency is important enough to have a second system in case the first fails. gently caress. She shakes her head clear. No time for freakouts. She needs to get her laptop before one of those fuckos breaks it, and to have the slightest chance of interfacing with their equipment. Ksenija starts tearing up the room, looking for vents or anyway to get higher in the facility. She calls on a lifetime of experience getting through places she shouldn't be. Dozens of half-remembered floorplans for all kinds of buildings, conversations with Zlata on corp security, jobs they did just to eat. There has to be a way to get out of here. Has to be.

Ksenija will attempt to find a way out of this room and higher up in the facility, using her Streetwise (+2) ways.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 06:27

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Room of Lamentful Answers

Chaos. Insanity. One thing done, now to another.

Host/Thomas pulled the knife from Slake the Pigman's throat, letting his body fall the floor. Silth disregards it immediately, and Host/Thomas turns instead to regard the pile of relics now sitting on the floor. The Silth Stone must be there somewhere, surely. But where? Perhaps that corner is a likely hiding place...

Host/Thomas promptly knelt down before the relics, and began to pick through them in what Silth hoped was the likeliest spot.

Searching for The Stone. Silth uses a bit of Guile [+2] to hopefully narrow the search to a more likely spot in the pile of junk now sitting on the floor.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - Room of Lamentful Answers
Flaw Points: 1

Emilio flipped the pages of the Ledger greedily. It was finally his again, and oh how he had missed it.

...Too bad most people around were not exactly in the most receptive of moods for some good old-fashioned bartering. Mayyybe he should just lay down for a while, see how things developed. It was a foolish merchant who rushed things like that, yes.

And who knows, maybe something else worth keeping would strike his eye...

Ticking Greed again to stay hidden, for now.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Cellblock

A skinchanger. Interesting. Nikita had never met one himself, but his mother had told him stories. Dangerous folk, and unpredictable. Supposedly too wild for any sort of notion like "prince" or "kingdom". It was just as well this one seemed to shatter those assumptions. Something about the way he spoke suggested he was not idly boasting of his victories.

He watched the man warily for a moment before bending over and scooping up their adversary's now discarded sword. He gave it an idle swing, testing the weight, and grimaced. He flipped it around and offered the hilt to Isiah. "If what you say is true, you'll know how to use it better than I." Nikita spoke slowly, careful of his enunciation. An annoying necessity given his surplus of teeth. At least it had put him in the habit of making sure something was worth saying before putting in the effort.

Nikita will stick with Isiah, and take up rear guard. The guard sisters he'll have in front of him, just so he can keep an eye on them and the prisoners alike.

LLSix, go ahead and recruit the trio. Unless he's on a ship, Nikita does not tend to be the most inspiring of leaders.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



scheduled update




Riley Corridor outside Room of Lamentful Answers
&

Ksenija Ceranic - Corridor outside Room of Lamentful Answers

As you both make your way separately to the Room of Lamentful Answers, Riley bumps into Ksenija. As the two of you were about to speak you hear a loud voice throughout the facility:

"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"



Emilio Ughi - Room of Lamentful Answers
Flaw Points: 2

Emilio continues to make life harder for the rest of you. +2 To the remaining villains rolls. 1 more FP for Emilio.



Amerigo Hieronymus The room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

The master draws out a sawed off shotgun, and Amerigo shoots him between the eyes. He falls over missing the back of his skull. Dead. All the lights go out bathing the world in red light.
"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

The master is dead.


Hakon - Room of Lamentful Answers

Hakon dispatches his opponent, just barely. As soon as he does so he sees Amerigo detonate the master's head. It wasn't pretty.

All the normal lights go out bathing the world in red light.
"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

There is no one between you and the EYE now!




Isiah Incipio - Penalty[Location: Cellblock]

All the normal lights go out bathing the world in red light.
"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

The three men attack you it's almost as if you don't know where you are. You feel sluggish and slow, almost as if some outside force is hurting you. The three prisoners begin punching and kicking you.

Cell block. Hard times in the Cellblock. You are delayed.



Nikita - The Room of Lamentful Answers

Nikita exits into a corridor and a door shuts behind him in the gloom. He arrives in The Room of Lamentful Answers just as the master loses his head.

All the normal lights go out bathing the world in red light.
"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

In front of Nikita is the pile of artifacts.


Nikita leaves and does not notice his companion's plight.



Patak - The Room of Lamentful Answers

Patak takes of the walrus-man's head with his axe. As you wrench it free, Amerigo finishes the master.

All the normal lights go out bathing the world in red light.
"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

Time to get your crap and get out of here!



Silth - Host/Thomas - Room of Lamentful Answers

The stone is yours yours YOURS! Silth/Thomas is so happy. Then the lights go out. And the red ones come on. And the destruct message says there are 4 minutes to escape.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Room of Lamentful Answers

Before anything else, Hakon rushes forward to grab the Eye. Only once it's safely gripped in his hand does he realize just what that countdown represented. With that, the thief turned monk turned thief bolts, not waiting for anyone or anything. Prisons generally tended to have a similarish layout, something he hoped proved true here as well, and so relying on his instincts he barreled forward. As he went, he kept an eye out, both for threats and for any items of opportunity that might be on his escape route. He wasn't going to go out of his way, or take more than a few seconds to pick anything up, but if there was something he could easily grab, he wasn't about to say no.

Taking the Eye of Davos, then bolting from the prison at max speed. Former Thief[+4] to keep an eye out for anything that can be easily grabbed and carried without slowing Hakon down on the way.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 03:08

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Room of Lamentful Answers--->Gettin' The gently caress Out

Chaos. Insanity. One last thing.

Host/Thomas clutched the stone to his chest like some precious thing, glowing blue in the harsh red light, and then promptly shoved it into his mouth. Silth swallowed it as it always did, to keep it close. To keep it safe; this last bit of home.

Cluching the dagger he had taken from Slake, Host/Thomas stood and bolted as fast as his legs could carry him. He would stop for no-one, nothing.

Fleeing the facility using Host/Thomas' knowledge of the escape route. Run away!

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 03:52

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - outside Cell #5, still

"Thank you for the sword stranger." Isiah grinned at Nikita, but his smile soon turned to a frown. The sword felt strange in his hands. How long had it been since he'd drawn any sword but Lich's Bane? He couldn't remember. Odd. He tried to work it out, oblivious to Nikita heading towards the Room of Lamentful Answers or the whispering of the other three prisoners.

***

"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!" Brought back to himself by the blaring alarms; Isiah shook off his odd bout of contemplation just in time to block the first swinging prisoner fist with the edge of the sword. Still, he felt strangely weak and slow. He couldn't move fast enough to either block or dodge the fists from the other prisoners. They hammered into his sides leaving dark bruises.

He was no stronger or faster than a normal man now, but thanks to his werewolf gifts, perhaps no slower or weaker either. He grinned a hungry wolf's grin as he swung the stolen sword with all his might for the traitor's necks or any other vital spot they left unguarded. He paid no attention to defense. His werewolf heritage would see mere bruises healed in just minutes, if he could only end this fight fast enough to escape.

Kill them all!
Warrior Prince +4
Werewolf +2

LLSix fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 18:45

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus The room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo stares at the corpse. He never felt good about killing and this was no exception. That being said the warning snaps him back to attention. "Well then..." He rushes over his book to see if its still in the pile and grabs it. He flips open to a bookmarked chapter; Vol X, Pg. XXI: Emergency Response procedures.. "GENTLEMEN," he addresses the room in general. "We've just met, but I think if we stick together we can shuffle out of here alive and in one piece as long as we remain calm!"

[Tactical Transoceania+2] to organize the remaining people in the room into a polite queue as we flee for our lives (avoiding trampling, stampeding, etc).

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Corridor outside Room of Lamentful Answers -> Room of Lamentful Answers -> ESCAPE

Ksenija holds up her hands with visible palms and smiles and when she sees the kid, the blood on their clothes and the look on their face tells Ksenija all she needs to know. Streetkid. They were torturing a street kid. Ksenija is silently furious.

"Hey there, I'm another prisoner here. My name's Kseni-"

Gunshot. Darkness.

Alarm System posted:

"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

Ksenija releases a stream of slurs before breaking into a full run towards the sound of the gunshot. She doesn't catch if the kid is behind her, but she speaks anyway.

"I"m Ksenija. Ksenija Ceranic. I was like you. A street orphan. You can come with me if you want, watch each others backs. Your choice."

One last corner and...

THERE

Ksenija ignores the splatter of what remains of the Master, a man quite possibly large enough to legally qualify as construction equipment, the three other people digging in the pile and dives for her laptop. Her fingers wrap around the plasteel handle and she feels her implant kick into high gear.

Ksenija's Implant posted:

update: alterations to several file checksums in directory Z:/sys/storage/math/ar - check for system damage? Y/n

She cries tears of joy. Back together. It was like part of her had been missing.

"n" is all she can send in the moment.

And then some skull-confetti stained gangly motherfucker starts rambling about queues?

"No thanks." She says to him and the meat fountain.

The other two had the right idea, in her opinion. She bolts off down a hallway, fingers digging into her laptop's handle so hard she can barely feel them. She hopes the orphan is still with her. They probably aren't. Orphans don't get this far by trusting adults, but she had to try or her conscience would never let her live it down. Instead, she focuses on architecture again. A raid on a corp prison she and Zlata pulled in her very last days as a street merc. Biggest job they ever did. Made them feel like real mercs instead of hungry street orphans who'd honed their art to razor sharpness. She turns down a dark corner, hoping for the best.

Ksenija calls on her Streetwise (+2) ways to try and find an exit, with Riley in tow if they so choose.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 07:04

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - The Room of Lamentful answers

While the others fled Patak noticed the Wolfman's absence. He made sure to secure his banner, strapping it to his back. He also grabbed the sawed off shotgun. He bellowed to the rest. "Escape! Follow the nerd or find your own way! I shall hold the rear!"

He rushed to the sounds of fighting to ensure the wolfman made it out. His steps felt surer, more empowered. He would not suffer any of the master's works or other hostile forces to harry his fellow prisoners. So long as all fled, he would follow behind and cover the rear flank.

Nobody gets left behind! Warlord +6 and War God's Banner+2 to quell hostiles. Team murder caboose hobo army of one.(I escape, but I escape last in case something comes up behind us) WAAAAGGH!!!!

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2017 around 22:06

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - The Room of Lamentful Answers

As he entered the room, Nikita hesitated. Something was obviously going badly in here. A boom like thunder and a man collapsed dead, the back of his head exploding outwards. An eclectic group of people watching as a skinny fellow lowered a...flintlock? That explained the noise. His last captain had owned such a weapon, wouldn't shut up about the thing. An impressive device, and astonishingly expensive. It was reportedly all the rage among the nobility to get into duels with the things.

Which really did beg the question. Where exactly was he? Very little of anything he had seen or was now seeing was at all familiar. His train of thought was abruptly ended as a voice like the apocalypse began to blare out from all sides.

"DESTRUCT DESTRUCT 4 MINUTES DESTRUCT. THE MASTER IS DEAD. RELEASE EXPERIMENT 456. EXPERIMENT RELEASED. UNLEASH BEETLE APOCALYOPSE 398. ERROR BEETLES NON-RESPONSIVE! ALERT!"

He was not certain what precisely that meant but he had an idea he would not want to stay around and find out. He eyed the others in the room. He could only hope they were honorable sorts and not inclined to kill his guards for merely doing their job. From what he could tell they were all surmising much the same as he was, though, and probably not likely to waste time on vengeance when their lives were at stake. A couple had already fled the moment the sirens kicked in. He took the sisters by the arms and led them past the assemblage. He leaned down and spoke for them alone. "I'll keep the pair of you safe, I swear it. Just get us out of here."

He scanned the room quickly, looking for the telltale glint of his rings. A blonde man was yelling about covering the rear. He seemed to carry himself much the way Isiah did - somebody comfortable with a weapon in hand and bodies underfoot. Nikita dared a brief nod at him.

"A moment, and we'll be right beside you."

Nikita is going to find his treasures and hope the guards know how to get the hell out of here, tout de suite.

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Corridor outside Room of Lamentful Answers => Room of Lamentful Answers


"I was like you," Ksenija told Riley. "A street orphan. You can come with me if you want, watch each others backs. Your choice."

Riley stays stonefaced. "You don't know who I am," she says without warmth. But after a short pause and a frown, she adds, "My name is Riley."

When Ksenija runs into the Room of Lamentful Answers, Riley follows several paces behind. Not out of trust, but Riley's willing to let the grown-up screen the path ahead. But inside the torture chamber, Riley spots people, including Ksenija, sifting through a pile of relics strewn across the ground. Maybe Leopold's Flute is there, too.

She ignores all the strangers and the corpses for the moment, sneaking towards the pile of relics for her own treasure. But she's not picky, either. Any relic is going to be valuable, and Riley is used to collecting trinkets.

Looking for Leopold's Flute in the pile of strewn relics, and [+2 Sneaky] to palm any other relics that no one's going to miss...

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - Room of Lamentful Answers
Flaw Points: 2

Ah, there it was! The moment he had been waiting for. Emilio emerged from his hiding spot smoothly, all smiles and composure despite his situation, as if he had not just been hiding like a coward mere moments before. He blended in the crowd, taking a place in the queue, for the strange man with his book seemed to know what he was doing and Emilio was strangely confident he could make it out with his leadership.

...Of course, why not try to do better than merely make it out? Chaos, danger and hurry could be enemies of business, but they could also lead to the sort of mortal panic that made people more suggestible. If he could just spot the right sort of person, unsure and afraid, and could offer them the right sort of quick pitch, he might actually make it out of this with more than he came with.

Emilio tags Social Chameleon [+2] to swap from 'Craven Coward' to 'Just part of the escapees I'm just like you my friend!', and Merchant [+4] to try and spot someone he judges most likely to agree to some sort of deal with him, of broadly this sort of detail: "I can teleport both of us to safety, in exhange for X (X being some sort of favor for Emilio in return, hopefully involving a reciprocal use of their own item should they find it)".

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - Room of Lamentful Answers | Promises: None! | FP: 1

He would not interfere with the warrior’s business. He couldn’t, as a matter of fact, but the golem himself was not so aware of that tidbit. Abdul watched as the man that had freed him engaged with the rather large walrus-like man, unsure as to what outcome was the one preferred. For either to die was unnecessary here, but the golem was not about to pretend that one side or the other was about to throw down their weapons. He would have liked that solution best, but it was unlikely. All that he could do was make certain no others interfered, nor were interfered with. The man hiding in the corner, for example. Without a word, Abdul shifted himself inbetween the cowering man and the ongoing battle, taking it all in with silent poise.

Abdul’s watch was interrupted by the sudden blaring of a loud voice echoing throughout, amongst other noises. The golem frowned, listening to the words but not quite comprehending. Beetles he knew, but apocalypse? ...No, ‘destruct’ is what he should be more concerned about. While his stony form was tough, it wouldn’t protect him from the full brunt of an explosion. Time to leave then. There was a certain duty that must be attended to first, however: the Crown. Noticing several prisoners searching through the rubble, the golem began to paw through as well. Once that was done, Abdul pondered over the lives lost. Carrying them out in a timely manner to be buried seemed… unwise, but to leave them here so ruined felt wrong. He would do what he could for them.

OOC: Apologies for the absence, but I am present for the foreseeable future! Looking for the Crown of Abdul-Sa’Ord in the rubble pile, and then using Mind of Astute Aide [+2] to basically tidy up the corpses as neatly as possible with whatever’s present. They might have been trying to interrogate and possibly murder us, but that doesn’t mean we have to be uncultured about it.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Everyone  - Location: Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

Tutorial over. Your mistakes will now get you hurt or killed. I'm not going to talk about it anymore. I need accuracy in player posts because I mostly have to search on my phone.

The massive building floods with a highly flammable insanity inducing gas and a large fire elemental is unleashed. The entire structure is engulfed in flames. Each of you enters a very active situation. The underground city stretched for miles and was illuminated by the flaming structure and glowing stones high overhead.

About a hundred dwarven firemen begin fighting the flames, ignoring all of you for the time being. They seem to be using giant bladders filled with water to pump it into the masaive flaming complex.

Your artifacts in hand, you see that the sprawling city is illuminated in multicolored lamps. Further out and higher up, is nothing but darkness.


Streets run in every direction. You can go North, South, East, West or another compass direction. You each can go alone or together but you can't stay here.

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

Quickly, while everyone around her is focusing on themselves or something else, Riley beelines for the darkest street or alley she can find.

If we can choose any compass direction, let me choose the iconic North by Northwest. Also, did Riley manage to hold onto Sweet Tooth's sword?

edit: to get the first action against the next encounter, I'd like to use [+2 Sneaky] to prevent anything from surprising her.

Caufman fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2017 around 22:33

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

Leaving the prison was chaos, and outside was chaos of another sort, with people everywhere. For a moment, Hakon was overwhelmed, uncertain as to what to do. He had never even imagined, much less seen a place like this, it was a city but one utterly alien to him. Still, after a few minutes, he regained enough composure to know that though he might not know anything about this place, where he should be is anywhere but here. So, he set off, not quite sure what direction he was going in, but certain the prison was to his back. He sprinted a bit at first, but then kicking himself, he tried to switch to a more casual walk. Once he was far enough away, and his nerves had calmed enough he tried to keep an eye out for the city around him. It may be alien, but maybe he could learn something, anything about this place that was apparently going to be his new home.

Hakon is heading off by himself whatever direction he came out of the prison in. For simplicity's sake, let's just say south. Once he's gotten some distance he's going to try and observe as he walks using skills he developed as a Former Thief[+4], in hopes of finding something if not familiar, at least understandable about this giant underground city.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax--->North

Host/Thomas took a moment to observe the blazing structure as it burned from within, and allow the raging fire to speak to him on an emotional level he probably wasn't equipped to understand at the time.

Silth also took a moment to observe those who had escaped with it. They were in the same predicament it was, and would be of no use in returning to Silth. Furthmore, they were, to a one, humans. Some small, some large, and some ugly, but all human. Well, except the one made of rock. But it was made in the likeness of the human form, and thus likely a human creation. Silth would find no allies here.

The moment having passed, Host/Thomas turned and surveyed each direction in turn. Having no knowledge of this city, Silth chose a direction at random and began to walk. It would need to find a different way home.

Heading North. No roll, just looking to see what can be seen. Keeping an eye out for new hosts in particular.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 00:26

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

Hefting Lich's Bane in his hand, Isiah Incipio felt whole for the first time in a long time. A dark voice whispered to him in the back of his mind. Urging him to create an army of minions. Incipio ignored the voice; for now.

He was lucky to have escaped alive, and he knew it. Best to be far away from here before anyone connected him with the fire. He did not know how he had come to this place, but the legions of the dead were still out there. Somewhere. This city was not prepared for them. Could not be prepared for them. It needed his protection. He would have to prove himself first before they took him seriously. He strode East, as best he could judge. If he kept going East, he would eventually reach the edge of the city, and at the edge, there would be guards. Guards who would recognize his skill at war and could tell him what dangers the city needed dealt with.

Going East and looking for guards who need something killed. Tentative plans to find someone who will allow him to legally murderize then skeletonize people and tolerate him building an undead army to "defend the city" with.
Warrior Prince +4 to identify and talk with the city military

LLSix fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 03:12

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

A Fire Elemental! Patak felt the temptation to face the beast, but he had no magics to defend himself from its power, nor did he have a source of water to harm it. He regretfully retreated from the foe, running out to see the others already beginning to scatter.

The dwarves, though! They used their water-cannons with deft skill, fighting back flame and containing the inferno. Patak swung his banner in a salute to them.

War God's Banner+2 to aid the Dwarves fighting the fire. If they can take out the Fire Elemental even better.Apparently the fire elemental is pretty well trapped. At least we know where one is if we need it.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2017 around 21:54

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax -> West

Well, that happened. Ksenija thinks to herself.

She stumbles away from the prison. Flames stain the black sky. There's a smell of...burning hair? on the wind. Ksenija tries very hard not to think about it, or the troop of short people putting out the fire with bladders that were uncomfortably veiny. She rubs her temples with her free hand. The adernaline is starting to wear off, aches and pains are whispering in her ear again.

She threads her way past the crowd of onlookers and disappears into the flow of people. It drags her westward. She takes in the sights as she goes. It's absolutely not Perdition City, that's for sure. They seem to use flesh and bone the way her own city uses steel and concrete. Every building breathes, sweats, some blink or stare at people as they pass. It creeps her out. Ksenija's stomach growls, her eyelids feel heavy. The feeling is almost comforting in this confusing hellscape. It gives her something concrete to focus on, and that always helps with her anxiety.

She starts checking alleys for dumpsters, discarded food, signs of what might make one a good place to sleep or not. She wants a less active thoroughfare, that's for sure.

Ksenija will head west and use her Streetsmarts (+2) to try and find food and shelter. She needs to rest and recuperate after this awful mess.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax --> West
Flaw Points: 2

No suitable prey had been found in the chaos, which was a shame, but such was the life of a merchant. Not every bait would be taken, not every venture would succeed. What was important that you never lost hope due to that, never stopped smiling, for every new corner could hide an opportunity the glum would not see. This strange city (and indeed, Emilio was taken aback by the concept of an entire city existing underground. How marvelous!)? It was exactly that sort of opportunity.

But to best take advantage of such an opportunity, he needed to familiarize himself with the place first.

Emilio goes west and uses Social Chameleon [+2] to get a feel for the city (I am but an exotic traveler!), keeping a particular eye out for trading opportunies or other good venues for him to make money with the keen eyes of a Merchant [+4].

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax -> Dwarves | Promises: None! | FP: 1

Abdul had done what he could for the deceased, which wasn’t much, admittedly. Cleaned the blood off as best as he could, closed their eyes, adjusted clothing… considering how little time they had before the whole prison exploded, the golem should have been pleased with being able to do that much. Yet he would have preferred not needing to do so at all. Death was a strange concept for Abdul, who had only so rarely brushed against it. Age would not claim him, and it would take a great deal of force to end him. Indeed, the explosion was one of the closest times he had come to dying in quite a while.

He watched as each of the prisoners began to go their separate ways, silent, pensive. Abdul was not entirely surprised at that, though he was still disappointed. The golem wouldn’t call them comrades, but they were all he knew in this unfamiliar place. Unfamiliar world, even. At least there were humans, and dwarves, and fire elementals. Those were familiar. And speaking of familiar, Abdul watched as the warrior who had freed him ran to assist the dwarves fighting the flames. Perhaps, in spite of his violent tendencies, he was not such a bad man? The golem would have liked to believe so. Whether he was or not, Abdul figured that he should assist as well. It was, technically, their fault that all was aflame anyways. While the golem wasn’t entirely certain how their bladders expelled water so, he figured it wouldn’t be so difficult to figure out. Of course, he would need to convince the dwarves to let him try it out, first.

OOC: Going to help the dwarves put out the fire as well, ideally with the not-hose, but we’ll see. Using Heart of Guileless Gold [+2] to convince the dwarves that Abdul has no ill intentions, and he wants to aid them however he can.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Nikita - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

Nikita's greaves chimed quietly as he walked. He'd considered aiding the stocky folk that had come to fight the fire, but he had no idea what his status truly was in this place. And his was a face to be remembered. Best not to stick around until he could get back on his feet. He'd lost sight of the guards. Urged them to flee as living hellfire raged through the complex. He could only hope they had managed an escape ahead of him and the rest of this strange bunch.

Speaking of which...they all seemed to be scattering quickly, though if for a similar reason to his own or because they actually knew this place, he couldn't guess. He crossed his arms and watched, glad for his inhuman appearance disguising the growing consternation he felt. He was a sailor, not a miner. The depths of the earth was no place for the likes of him.

At a loss for a better idea, he followed after Isiah and fell in beside him. "Nikita." He glanced over to the man. Strange to meet someone bigger than him for once. Noticeably bigger. They grew them large in this 'Forest Land' of his. "My name. You're the only one I'm somewhat acquainted with, and I mislike the look of some of those others. I'll accompany you if it suits your disposition."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax > Dwarves
1 FP

Well that was quite the adventure. After fleeing the place with whoever chose to come along with him Amerigo takes stock of his location and the city around him. The tunnel based town stretched in all directions, and Amerigo quite honestly didn't have the faintest clue where to go.

Over there, however, were a bunch of short folks battling the blaze. Amerigo was instantly envious. His attempts at organized fire control back home were largely confined to bucket brigades. Also "fire fighters" would routinely go around the neighborhood asking for "insurance" money, to ensure no fires started in that particular lot. Two of his former fellow inmates were there, the huge guy, and the other huge (rock) guy. They seemed to have the situation well in hand. Amerigo would've flipped open the Tactica but he felt similar energies emanating from their own particular "relics", and quite honestly he was curious as to how they worked. Tucking both the weapon and the Tactica under his clothes as best he can, he offers to help, both out of genuine concern, and also curiosity as to what exactly is going on here.

Helping out however I can, I'm not sure how it feels IC to be affected by another artifact, but I'm willing to work with Patak's banner if need be.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 05:55

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002




Riley Heading NW

Riley clutched sweet tooth'z sword under her dirty clothing. She blended easily into the dark garbage filled alleys behind the well lit estates. Some howling beasts reminding her of dogs bayed at her passing. She finally went behind a lively tavern and sat down to rest. Out back it was quieter, but she could hear the boisterous neerdowells having a fun evening. They were completely unaware that blocks away, a part of their city was burning. A house of horrors put to flame.

No surprises. Riley takes refuge behind a busy tavern in a nobler, richer part of the city.



Hakon - Heading S

Passing other fleeing people and those heading to fight the fire, Hakon finds himself in a slightly more run down part of the city. Examining things with a thief's appraisal he could see it wasn't a slum by any standard but just below average income for a city of its size. Many doors were shuttered against the cold of the dark and torches rather than glowing globes lit the ways intermittently. Hakon wandered until he found himself outside a large rundown building. In a scrawled script it read: "Miss Greybeard's home for orphans"

A small light lit one of the lower bedroom windows, a woman could be heard singing to herself. The night wind blew cold and hard. Hakon got a whiff of himself. He needed new clothes and a bath.

Hakon has found: A run down orphanage.



Silth - Host/Thomas - Heading N

An armed an armored contingent of grey skinned elves and dour dwarves marched double time the opposite direction Silth Thomas was heading. More and more armed men and water carrying firemen were heading to the source of the disturbance. A floating disk covered in purple glowing witchfire soared over Silth's head, a severe looking hooded elf studyied you with glowing red eyes before looking away, speeding towards the fire. As Silth travelled he saw more floating disks heading that way. All seemed to come from a giant dark tower of stone that reached high overhead into the darkness. People didn't travel this way, and those that did usually bowed and got out of the way of the soldiers. They completely turned their gazes away from the disk riders.
"Oi! You dere!" Shouted a short filthy creature. It looked reptilian but walked like a biped. "Get outta da way! Hurries!" It looked worried for host-thomas. Perhaps because he was filthier than the creature. "They already noticed you look!"

A group of swarthy red skinned orcs was pointed your way by a dwarf pushing a cart. They started pushing their way through other formations of soldiers, causing an argument. They would not be distracted for long. "Common! To the sewers!" The dirty kobold whined. He looked about to bolt.

You can go with the kobold or try to slip away.



Isiah Incipio - Heading E
&
Nikita - Heading E

Nikita and Isiah headed eastward. It wasn't long before they came upon a great marketplace. Inquiries were met skeptically at first, but Isiah's bearing belied the ripped clothing you both wore and the ungodly smells from your time in the prison. Sweat, blood, and filth.

However upon talking to a shady looking merchant he had just the tip for both of you. "Don't see many humans that aren't slaves down here." Said the dwarf. "And whatever your friend is here either." He bit into an onion like it was an apple. Breath reeking, the odd merchant must not have a sense if smell. Which is likely why he was talking to either of you. "The black army is looking for recruits. They had a bad time of it in the badlands, most of their boys lost to the gigants. Just tell'em old Greer the onionman sent you. If you can pass muster, the mercs will take ye. Not many other crews will take boys needin a bath and without any proper gear."

Employment tip. Or you can keep looking.


Patak - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax
&


Abdul the Unbound - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia DruralaxFP: 1
&

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax
1 FP


The dwarves shied back from Abdul but his words calmed them. Soon with Patak's bolstering and Amerigo's help the firefighting organized and began beating back the flames. More firefighters arrived and soldiers began condoning off the area, evacuating the neighborhood. Hundreds were now involved in fighting to save the surrounding buildings. Even with the valient efforts and help from the three of you, the fire still blazed unnaturally hot. The sudden arrival of sorcerous forces on floating disks turned the tide. Wands showered water, ice, and spells of choking darkness onto the inferno.

Soon all the flames were quenched. Order was finally being restored when 3 disks touched the ground near Patak, and 3 more near Abdul. A group of soldiers walked up to encircle Amerigo and the rest.

A tall grey skinned elf addressed your trio. "I sensed something from each of you. You have our thanks strangers. Whoever." He said to Patak and Amerigo. "And whatever." He said to Abdul. "You are." Even so, I must ask you all to come with us to the black tower. The Magus will want to hear your tale." The building crumbled and crashed, sinking to the earth behind you.

The elf was polite and while non-threatening is asking you to go into their custody somewhere in a place unknown for unknown reasons and motivations. Do you go or try to leave?




Ksenija Ceranic - Heading W

Ksenija calms down. Her visions of the bioprison overlaying her reality pop with sudden clarity. Everything was made of stone. Mundane stone out here. She took a deep breath. She stunk. Her clothes were ruined.

Glowing globes without any energy sources lit the way, then gave way to torches, then burning animal dung. Then darkness. The buildings were delapadated and the homeless, drunks, and dispossessed reminded her of her own home. Except the people were something out of a fantasy sim. Dwarves, orcs, kobold, elves. Her laptop cheerfully supplied passively through her implant.

A shanty town is soon evident. Burning barrels, hovels, and mats to keep the cold wind from one's bones. A blind albino human woman sniffs the air as you walk by her makeshift shelter. "Hey. Newcomer. Come here. Old Sally knows them new ones from the old ones." She wrinkles her nose. The slave brand on her forehead prominent. " We all smell of poverty here girl. But you... tears form in her milky white eyes. Did they hurt you too? The dark elves? Come here baby girl, we won't let them hurt you anymore." She beconed towards you. A small pot of stew was brewing and Ksenija's stomach growls.

You find Sally amongst the discarded and the lost . She's one of the few humans here.




Emilio Ughi - Heading W
Flaw Points: 2

Following not quite the same route as the other female prisoner, Emilio soon finds himself somewhere he is "needed" indeed. He found himself in a poor district. No well lit avenues, no hope, at least until he arrived. A group of grey elven youth's dressed in fine clothing had cornered a homeless dwarf and were beating him in an alleyway. "Please stop I didn't mean to bump to you!" Cried the dwarf in pain. "I'll give you anything please just stop!" They hit him again and again.

The leader sneered. "We'll teach you, you lowborn scum! Just die already!" He said as he brandished a silver blade. Just as he raised it to strike, one of the group pointed at Emilio.

"What are you looking at SLAVE!" As one they all they turn to look at you.

Yikes. Plenty of downtrodden and greedies to trick into Faustian deals this scene

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 23:59

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax

The large warrior cleared his throat. "That sounds ominous, friend. This rubble was once a house of horrors where we were taken from beyond this realm, deprived of freedom and our possessions."

He regarded his banner before placing it on his back. "We won our freedom despite the Master of that place's treachary and destruction. Now you stand before me and ask for our trust?"

He rose to his full height and stared the one who spoke in the eye. "What assurances do we have we will be able to leave if we desire, with all we carry with us now?"

Not threatening, but self assured and plain spoken. Warlord +6 to not give an inch, not blink, not back down.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Heading North---->Sewers

Host/Thomas stared up at the disk riders as they passed, brazenly, in ignorance. Silth wondered what and who they were. A variety of human called 'dark elf', so far as Thomas knew. But this told Silth little. Could they be cornered? Were they immune to its venom? What was this 'magic' they wielded? It could not say, and Thomas did not know. But it would find out.

Silth was broken from its own thoughts by the tiny reptilian creature calling to Host/Thomas. The host turned and regarded him for a moment. Silth would not risk accompanying any guards in this land until it knew precisely what threat it would face in their custody. Besides, the little reptile creature seemed far easier to overpower, should it become necessary.

Host/Thomas quickly followed the tiny Kobold. He would have information, even if Silth could not glean it directly.

Silth has decided that it will be Following the Kobold. He's lucky he's too drat small to make for a good host.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 00:46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Heading S

At first, Hakon considered just continuing to walk. Orphanages never had anything valuable, he knew that first hand, and he wasn't particularly interested in women. Still, he had never actually used the Eye, he knew on some instinctive level how to work it, but other than knowing it possessed some power, he knew only what the legends said. Perhaps the orphans might be a useful spy network, if nothing else the proprietress would be a fairly low-risk test subject. So, he walked up to the window, the Eye of Davos in his hand. Davos concentrated willing the Eye to activate it started to glow in his hands, then he called out in an innocuous sounding voice just loud enough to get her attention, "Miss, do you know the way to the nearest inn?"

Hakon's gonna test the Eye of Davos[+2] on the dwarf-woman. Practiced Con-Artist[+2] to try and make this all seem like an innocent passerby asking an innocuous question.

Ping me in Discord if this is not the right location tag.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 01:22

  • Locked thread
«18 »