Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Orphanage

The thralls went about their work as Hakon relaxed and planned his next move. He had a little information and some basic tools to gather it. What he needed now was money, and muscle. Normally, he'd focus on money first so he could afford muscle, but that was before he had the Eye. Now he had merely to find them and then he could make them into the most loyal fighters the world had ever seen.

So, his spies first mission was to search for candidates. Fighters who could be suborned without drawing attention. Hakon had known what to look for and given the criteria to his spies yo seek out.

Searching for prospective warrior thralls. Preferably both strong, and in a position where they can be thralled without raising too much suspicion, so no city guards or famous people (yet).

Former Thief[+4] to know the right things to look for to find the right kind of muscle, and Minor Spy Ring [+2] to locate potential candidates
.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Bookstore

Host/Thomas surveys the store briefly before approaching the front desk and the clerk behind it. If he did not already have the man's attention, he politely clears his throat before speaking.

"Excuse me, please pardon my appearance, but are you the owner of this bookstore? I need to speak to the owner. Can you direct me to him?"

I Demand To See The Manager.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2017 around 22:44

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern

quote:

A giant pink dancing bear in a cage at the far corner of the tavern raged against it's magical enchantment. The smell of smoke, cheap booze, and unidentified sweat greeted Ksenija. It looked like a scene out of the movie Space Wars with all the different races sitting around drinking and gambling. A patron got up to leave, dropping his coinpurse right at your feet. The man got too close to the cage and suddenly found himself being mauled. After the commotion, both the bear and man were dead. The bodies were taken out back and the tavern went back to business.

You got coinpurse. Their bad luck is your good luck. Luckily the roll didn't see your divine use get too out of control

Ksenija winces. She turns over the dead man's coinpurse in her hand. Hopefully he deserved what happened, maybe he was a cop or a wife-beater or something. It'll be fine. It's fine. she tells herself. The hum in her head subsides as her implant reboots, for some reason it happens at the end of every ARM equation. It makes her skull just a little too quiet, a little too cold. She's happy when the familiar hum and warmth come back.

Ksenija looks over the tables. A dozen different games of chance play out before her. Not all gambling was equal for her purposes. She has to find something with a strong mathematical component, something that could be divided easily into distinct phases of play. Something she could easily program into her implant on the fly. After she makes her choice she waits for a seat to open up before plunking down her coin purse with a smile. Time to work.

Ksenija will use her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) to select a good candidate game and try to make some money gambling.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn
Flaw Points: 2

"I like it", said Emilio to the innkeeper he had managed to get some face-to-face with, teeth gleaming from behind his grinning lips, flipping a coin between his fingers, "It's an ambitious name, 'the Golden Crane', and trust me, my friend, as an entrepreneurial sort myself, I certainly can appreciate ambition! Nothing quite like the rush of booming business, am I not correct my man, haha!", his grin quickly turned to a frown, carefully curated to seem genuinely sympathetic, "...But other than that, I know the sting of failure as well. It happens to the best in our business, friend, no way around it", had to dispell the notion that he was mocking him, "In fact, as it happens, I am in quite a tight spot myself! But that's why we're in the business, isn't it, friend, because we know how to make the best of things", Emilio winked, "Indeed, I was thinking that you have something I could use, and I something that you could use, and what else do we need, to make a mutually enriching deal? See, you have a rather nice establishment here, and a location, a headquarters even you might say, is exactly what I need in this new town."

"And what do I have that you need, you might be asking? A very perceptive question my friend, and luckily for you and your sure to be future fortunes, I can explain and elucidate, haha!" Emilio grinned, and gestured at Stern, "See my good man here? He was but a small, destitute, emanciated person, down on his luck, haunted by poverty and hunger. Via my deals, he has not only the burly dimensions of a strongman, the strength of an ox and the endurance of the deep rock itself, he also has a job! Miraculous, you say? Well as it happens, that's exactly what I am selling you my man! Miracles. And no, this is no joke, my magic is mighty indeed, and I can make a small demonstration should you need it."

Emilio chuckled, "And even if I were a charlatan, what have you to lose, my man? I ask for no payment in coin or other means, all I ask is for you to agree to my suggestion: I am willing to sell to you nothing less that Success itself. Patrons, lack of trouble, good fortunes, the whole deal! At no extra effort at your part even, all you have to do is keep happily working as the innkeeper, hah! As for me? Well, all I ask is for the permit to base myself here, feed myself and my employees at no extra cost, as well as a tiny cut of your new profits. And indeed, I shall only ask for the monetary compensation after your profit margin soars my friend, so there is no way for you to get swindled here. It is pure gain, for the both of us!"

Emilio leaned in, and offered his hand, a grin on his face that would have appeared predatory if he wren't an expert in concealing exactly that sort of thing.

"So tell me, my man. Do we shake on it?"



Making deals with the Innkeeper. Merchant [4] (obviously, also, might do little cantrip deals to convince the innkeeper that I have powers if he doubts them and that is putting him off)) and Social Chameleon [+2] (I am but a struggling practitioner of the mercantile arts, just like you my friend!) to convince him to deal as thus (and Wishmaster [+2] to seal the deal): "Innkeeper gets Success for his operation. Emilio gets to use the inn as his base of operations, and to supply his staff there at no extra cost as well as getting a cut of the profits if the profits increase." Also comes with a neat catch for the Innkeeper: "all you have to do is keep happily working as the innkeeper" indeed

He'll be my slave and can't even complain about it ahaha

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2017 around 16:04

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - North Exit, The Black Tower | 4 FP

Patak went through the exit and ventured forth to see what awaited him.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



Nikita - The Pit

Nikita eyed the bear of a man waiting for him. How to approach this? He could speak with the earth to grant him stability, but that seemed underhanded in a contest of strength. And he doubted his opponent would wait patiently for him to weave a spell besides. Simply pummeling him into the dirt likewise seemed against the spirit of the thing. It seemed, in the end, the trick was to outlast this brute and rely on his own strength to avoid a grapple until he chose.

Stepping into the ring, Nikita nodded to this so-called 'Ogre-sun'. "Take a drink. Catch your breath." If he won, it was going to be because he was better, not because his opponent was tired from a previous bout. Regardless of whether his words were heeded, Nikita limbered up for a few moments. He dug his toes into the dirt to get a sense of the footing - how far he could trust it to keep him steady if he hand to plant his feet. Dropping into a fighting stance he waved a hand towards his face, goading Ogre-sun into swinging. He'd take everything the guy had and then some. Once he'd worn himself out Nikita could finish him at his leisure.

It all depended on if he was tougher than this guy was strong.

Indomitable +2 to simply soak up any punishment Ogre-sun throws at him. Whether proper fighting, or breaking free of grapples, submission attempts, and bodily hurling him from the ring. When his moment arrives,
Nikita will go for an armbar and plant the giant face first into the dirt.

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Outside Mistress Greybeard's Home for Wayward Children

Leaving the ugly scene behind, Riley stopped before the orphanage. Come to think of it, she had not seen any children since she was taken to this strange land. Not wanting to fall into another bad situation, Riley decided to case the orphanage before making an entrance.

[+2 Sneaky] to stealthily recon Mistress Greybeard's.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Exiting The Black Tower
1 FP


Amerigo very politely bows, nods, accepts the escort of the building, wary for any last minute betrayal, and as soon as he's out of eye shot of a guard or another lets out a HUGE breath of relief. He attempts to navigate his way out of the high security prison zone back to the merchant areas with the guide of the Tactica before delving deeper into age old questions that have suddenly become very pertinent. Where am I? and What sort of bullshit runs this place? and How the hell do I get out of here?

Exiting and once in a safe-ish location browsing the [Tactica Transocenia's +4] new archives to get a more comprehensive summary of this place as well as a map, if possible. Basically using it as the CIA world factbook but on whatever hellhole I'm in right now.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

Isiah sighed as he saw the fancy rock they wanted him to throw. Throwing rocks wasn't much fun if there wasn't anyone standing downrange. He supposed he should be glad they weren't asking him to fetch the iron balls back like a good doggie.

He looked around for a rope to make a sling out of but didn't spot anything suitable. "Simple enough, as you say." His golden eyes glittered as he watched the mercenaries, judging their strength and technique. He hefted a few of the balls to see if any were lighter and settled on one whose handle felt good in his hand. A good omen. He paced up to the throwing line than took two steps back to give himself some room. Isiah held the iron ball at arms length in front of him then spun himself around and around in circles, building up momentum. He put the whole strength of his werewolf-enhanced musculature into channeling his momentum into the ball as he whipped around one last time and released it.

Throwing the ball at +2 from Werewolf stronk

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - A Dark, Forgotten Room | Promises: None!| FP: 1

It was quiet. Very quiet. But Abdul did not mind the silence. It was the first silence he had been able to soak in since his eventful abduction. Things had gone… not as well as he would have hoped. Yet he was still ‘alive,’ as it were, so he couldn’t complain too much. The door was loose, open, and presumably not a living creature. If the golem desired, he could explore this unfamiliar place. And perhaps he would, in time. This was his quarters, apparently, but they never claimed he needed to remain in them. After all that had happened, however, Abdul saw no reason to give his ‘hosts’ any more reason to be upset. He closed his eyes, and shut himself off, waiting for the night to pass and seeing if the Magus would actually call upon him.

OOC: Essentially skipping my turn, Abdul is powering off for a day and, as said, is waiting to see if the dragon will actually call him back. If he does, great, if not, I may get into some mischief.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Bonus Update!
Musics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MunWSqTgQLs

If there are any questions PM me or message me on Discord or IRC




Riley Outside Mistress Greybeard's Home for Wayward Children


Sneaking in was an easy thing to accomplish, most of the noise and commotion seemed to be centered in one of the larger rooms. Riley Peaked into the inside and saw one of her fellow prisoners dictating orders to a handsome grey-beared dwarven lady and the many children of the orphanage. Interesting. Why were they fawning over him? He seemed to be directing them to different task but Riley couldn't quite hear. As she edged closer and pressed her ear against the door crack, a board creaked underfoot.

This will be an opposed roll of Riley's vs Hakon's skills, unless a divine one (Resurrection does not) or flaw applies as per the listed rules in the recruitment thread. Pick what you think would be applicable to not be detected.



Hakon - Orphanage

The orphans eventually brought you the information you sought. There were the mercenary companies located within their district, plenty of fighters from mild to unstoppable. The rougher neighborhoods with their bullies and street toughs, also the criminal enforcer elements. The orphans described many tough fighters, deadly killers, and even a few magi and sorcerers that would fit the bill. As he was receiving his report Hakon got the feeling he was being watched, it could be nothing. But the feeling persisted...

This will be an opposed roll of Hakon's vs Riley's skills, unless a divine one (the Eye does not) or flaw applies as per the listed rules in the recruitment thread. Pick what you think would be applicable to detect any potential watchers.




Silth - Host/Thomas - Bookstore


"Dats me, good ole Alfie. You need a book for readin friend? Anything in particular?"


You have found him!



Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern


There were few games running that depended on numbers. One was a dice game where the "dealer" rolled two six sided dice. That number was the one to meet or beat. Rolling double numbers doubled the winnings, however there was a modifier to the game.

There were six seats around the table and a single die was rolled to pick a player to roll a single die.
That player is then "the chosen one".
They then roll the single die and get a number 1 through 6
They could then choose to add or subtract THAT number to the total rolled by the player whose turn it was.
If the total number was more than 12 or less than 2, The chosen gets the pot. If not, the dice roller whose turn it was gets the chosen's bet automatically. Win or lose.
The chosen could decide to not play the "chosen number" if the odds are bad.
Every non-rolling player makes a token bet into the central pot and one side bet to bet upon if the dice roller can meet or beat the dealer's roll.


Ksenija could see that the strategy was simple and the payouts large. It was a favorite of the patrons. She could see that the dice would be easy to jink if jerry rigged properly.




Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn
Flaw Points: 2

The innkeeper looked at Emilio's hand. His own greed sealed his fate and he shook on the deal.
Screaming as the very walls drug the innkeeper inside of them, the patrons fled.

The man was now the eternal servitor of the Golden Crane Inn. All money that changed hands would flow into the tables or bar and end up in the basement. The Innkeep now could be everywhere at once, in the Privy to hand a towel to a boarder that forgot it, to empty the chamber pots, to serve food and drink. He would also be able to bounce all ruff and tough clientele if they got out of hand. Hard a the stone of the walls, never sleeping, unresting. Emilio's new base of operations had a 24/7 servant. So long as the cash in the basement was untouched, Emilio would find himself with a good deal indeed.


So the catch is that the Innkeeper is bound to the inn. He is now bound to it.




Patak - North Exit, The Black Tower | 4 FP

"HOLD!" Said the Elf you encounted at the fire. The Magus wished for you to have this. A large bag of gear, armor, and weapons along with food and drink was passed to Patak. A bag of coin as well. "Not your fault you got saddled with blabbermouths. The Magus wants you to know he sensed Justice about you, and apologies for any inconvenience." The elf also give Patak a card. "If you are accosted for vagrancy or a minor crime, give them this. They will take it and leave you be. There are different laws for the different strata of society anyway. Good luck." The elf went back inside and the door closed behind Patak.

A carriage rolled up to Patak and a man looked at him from the driver's seat. "Just got paroled eh? Need a ride mister? I can take you to the merc quarter, the shopping district, or to the city gates if you like! Plenty of caravans about looking for guards ya know!" The man laughed as if at a private joke.


You are provided with money and stuff, and a possible ride to ADVENTURE!



Nikita - The Pit

Ogre-sun took a drink and saluted you. When he caught his breath you both met in a crash and a clash. He was strong but not stronger than Nikita. Grappling and shoving, pushing and punching Ogre-sun wore himself down. No matter how much punishment he dished out, you took it and didn't go down. Soon the ring was chanting your name! "Ni-ki-ta! Ni-ki-ta! Ni-ki-ta!"

When the time came and you pushed the giant down into the dirt, he tapped out. "Very good!" Your guide said as the crowd cheered. You hadn't even broken a sweat. The next test was on the archery range. Several hopefuls had put on armor and were standing in front of multiple archers. The arrows were shot at them and they had to catch or deflect each arrow before they were struck. It seemed that the blunt headed arrows were also enchanted not to pierce the armor, as several cadets took hits that knocked them down and the breath from their lungs. "This is your test of agility. We'll see how you do."


The goal is simple dodge or deflect the arrows.




Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Exiting The Black Tower
1 FP
Map of Granite Region

  • OFFICIAL REPORT:
    • Granite region of the under-realms.
      • Slate-Iron city.

  • Ruled by: The Council of Six
      • Magus the Lawgiver
      • Lord Granite
      • Sentinel Supremis
      • Lady Goldshorn
      • Cardinal Sylvanis
      • Barris the White
  • Home to: Crystal of Darkness
  • Exits of City:
      • North
      • South
      • East
      • West
    • Exit of Granite Region
      • North




Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

The iron ball was extremely heavy for its size. However the technique that Isiah used was unknown to the men and at first they laughed at the ludicrous spinning. They stopped laughing as Isiah let the ball go with all of his werewolf enhanced might. The iron ball sailed further, much further than any other throw. Your guide coughed behind his hand, obviously impressed. "You passed." He said on the silent field. "On to your next test."


He led you to another testing ground. This one had two rows of men standing in a gauntlet, they were equipped with rubber lined clubs. A line of recruits waited. The one at the head of the line was actually a female elf. She ran through the gauntlet dodging and weaving, she didn't quite make it to the end. A large dwarf clubbed her in the shoulder and she fell to the ground gasping in pain. A human on the other side smacked her in the temple, felling her into unconsciousness. She was dragged away to the "promising" side. A medic saw to her wounds. Those that didn't make it far were taken elsewhere, likely to be seen to and sent on their way.

"The test of agility." The guide said.

Make it to the end without being struck. Fighting, interacting with the guantlet, or blocking the blows will see you disqualified.



Abdul the Unbound - A Dark, Forgotten Room | Promises: None!| FP: 1


Abdul awakens the following 24 hours later. Silence greeted him. The dust in the cell had not been disturbed.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

Isiah rolled his shoulders to loosen them before bracing himself to power through the gauntlet. In his human form, he sucked at dodging. His werewolf blood meant he healed quickly from even serious wounds as long as they weren't dealt by silver. He was more of a rip and tear brawler than a flighty dodger. At least pain was an old friend. He'd been wounded many, many times, and even had his share of scars from the few free-willed undead smart enough to use silver weapons.

A poor dodger at best and prevented from striking back by the rules of the test, Isiah saw little choice but to try to tough the gauntlet out. A task complicated by the bone blade whispering to him to just kill them all and make them worship him in death as they should have in life.

Try to tough out the gauntlet
invoke my flaw Steeped in Violence to get a +4 and 2 FP on the grounds that Isiah doesn't know how to approach this well without just murdering everyone
possibly Warrior Prince +4 on the grounds that he's got lots of experience at being clubbed and so can take a few hits

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.

I am Communist posted:


There were few games running that depended on numbers. One was a dice game where the "dealer" rolled two six sided dice. That number was the one to meet or beat. Rolling double numbers doubled the winnings, however there was a modifier to the game.

There were six seats around the table and a single die was rolled to pick a player to roll a single die.
That player is then "the chosen one".
They then roll the single die and get a number 1 through 6
They could then choose to add or subtract THAT number to the total rolled by the player whose turn it was.
If the total number was more than 12 or less than 2, The chosen gets the pot. If not, the dice roller whose turn it was gets the chosen's bet automatically. Win or lose.
The chosen could decide to not play the "chosen number" if the odds are bad.
Every non-rolling player makes a token bet into the central pot and one side bet to bet upon if the dice roller can meet or beat the dealer's roll.


Ksenija could see that the strategy was simple and the payouts large. It was a favorite of the patrons. She could see that the dice would be easy to jink if jerry rigged properly.



Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern

Ksenija grins. This is perfect. Too perfect.

Ksenija's Implant posted:

> scratchpad dicegame0
scratchpad file dicegame0 open

Anyone watching just sees Ksenija bite her lip for a moment, then cock her head to the side. The code pours into her implant. This program wouldn't be too complex.

Ksenija will use her Jury-Rigging Genius (+4) to quickly code a program that can run simulations of this game and give her a spread, and therefore a huge edge gambling.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 17:02

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - The North Exit, Black Tower | FP 5

The Mage’s words had made up Patak’s mind. He was to leave this place. He accepted the gifts and left the Mage with a thought to chew on.

“Thank you, but if you will indulge an outsider for a moment: If Justice is not equal, how can it be just?” Patak jumped into the carriage before the Mage could reply.

To the driver he nodded. "Take me to the Caravans. I wish to put this city behind me."

Racking up another 1 FP to hopefully have this mage have a revelation about the Status Quo about the sorry state of Justice here. Then I am going to see the Caravaneers so I can find a marginally better pee pee soaked heck hole.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2017 around 00:07

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Orphanage

Hakon perked up. He has been a thief long enough to know to trust his instincts, and you didn't survive the life he has lived without knowing how to spot a tail or an eavesdropper.

What's more he had a whole group of splits sitting before him. He raised a hand silencing their reports and said, "I believe we have an uninvited guest present. See if you can locate them, and escort then to me. Be polite, for I wish to give them the greatest gift they could ever recieve," he leaves unsaid what that was, confident in the knowledge that though an eavesdropper would not know what that would be, that the orphans now knew that being made into his thrall was the greatest thing that could ever happen to a person, "and there is no need to unnecessarily alarm them."

Hakon's trying to catch the intruder using his skills as a Former Thief [+4] and his Minor Spy Ring[+2] to search the area.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Thomas - Bookstore

Host/Thomas nodded amicably. "Yes, I do, thank you. I would appreciate anything you can recommend on modern history. The history of Slate-Iron specifically, but a more broad account is also fine."

Books in hand, Host/Thomas chose somewhere comfortable to sit down, leisurely reading (or pretending to read) through this world's modern history. But all the while, Silth kept an eye on the number of patrons in the shop, and on Alfie. The skin of Host/Thomas' arm flexed and bulged a little as a tentacle slide beneath the flesh into position.

Soon, eventually, it would be closing time, and Host/Thomas would be alone with the friendly shopkeep. He would extend a hand to bid the man farewell, and... well. There would be a parting of ways, so to speak. Very soon.

Silth is waiting until it is closing time and it is alone with Alfie. Once alone with Alfie, Host/Thomas offers a handshake to Alfie to say goodbye, but it is a ruse (Guile [+2])! The Parasite [+2] has positioned a venomous spine under the skin of Host/Thomas palm, ready to sting Alfie when he goes for the handshake. Success means Silth pulls Alfie in and locks lips for the 'goodnight' kiss, transferring from Thomas to Alfie via mouth.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2017 around 03:09

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



Nikita - The Pit

Dodging and catching arrows now was it? Nikita had been under the impression that this was a mercenary band, not a circus troupe. If he was tasked to walk on his hands next somebody was getting a bloody nose.

He considered his options as a volley was loosed at the cadets. He was light on his feet and he had nimble enough fingers, but that was a far cry from cat-like reflexes. This called for something a little more esoteric to see him through successfully. He just had to trust this foreign land still existed under the auspices of the spirits, and that they would heed his call.

Waving off any offer for armor, he took his place on the firing line. Looking up into the sky, Nikita spoke in the Old Tongue, beseeching the winds to heed him.

"Wind and water have ever been allies. This child of sea asks: Aid me now. Belay the slings and arrows of my adversaries. Cast them to the ground and leave me untouched, and I will repay you twofold. Through blood and bone or bond, as you see fit. Should I betray this pact, may my misfortune be sevenfold, as you see fit."

It was a dangerous thing to do. His mother had cautioned him at length as to the risks. He still bore the wounds, physical and mental, of the few times he had dared beg favors from them. The spirits were not like Men. Capricious at best, with whims and desires that only occasionally made sense to the witches that might call on them. Yet these trials had his blood up - he wanted to impress these people. Not for any personal benefit, but simply because he was a competitive man by nature. Pushing his limits and testing himself against others had been how he staved off the all-consuming boredom of his everyday life, and old habits die hard.

Witch +2 to call upon the sylphs that hopefully reside in this land to protect him. Should they agree, a place and a price will no doubt be made known to Nikita, and woe to him if he should opt not to pay.

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Inside Mistress Greybeard's Home for Wayward Children

Made, Riley stepped out of hiding into plain sight with her hands raised.

"Easy there," she said to the man who looked like he was in charge. "I was just looking for a place to sleep. No need to make this weird."

There's something wrong with the way the kids around the room were acting. Riley looked at their expressions suspiciously. She turned back to the man, frowning; he probably had something to do with it.

"You were at the prison with me, which means you're not from around here either. I don't know what you're capable of. You don't know what I'm capable of. I just want to get back to where I'm from. Let's not accidentally get in each other's way."

She kept her hands raised, but her posture poised. Your move, her expression said.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Orphanage

Hakon's eye narrow, "Fine. You leave, and we'll both forget we ever saw each other. I suggest you go far away from here, because I don't want competition." Hakon gestured to the door grumpily.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Searching for an outbound Caravan
1 FP


Well, that was informative but still left more questions than it answered. Amerigo wished he had time to do more research but the longer he stayed in this shithole the greater the chances of being assaulted, kidnapped, or arrested again. The report seemed to imply there were other cities out there, and it was probably time he tried visiting one (looking over their general system of government before he arrived so he didn't walk into a place as bad or worse). He could offer his literacy, numeracy, or services as a guard considering his weapon. He made a note to look up the local weapons laws before brandishing it, heaven knows the "Master" probably wasn't the best stickler to the laws out here.

Trying to find a way out of here, looking for a Caravan leaving town. Using the [Tactica Transoceania+2] to see if its even legal for me to have the pistol before I start showing it as proof I'm armed () as well aslooking up any other laws I should try to avoid breaking while just moving around the place. If this is a split action/doing too much with one turn, I'm doing legal research for this turn and then searching for the caravan next turn.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2017 around 04:51

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley Leaving Mistress Greybeard's Home for Wayward Children

"Appreciate you being reasonable," Riley said as she backed away towards the exit. She stopped just before disappearing to say, "Just in case we do run into each other again, I meant what I said. All I want is the way home. Or the way out. If you learn something, you know there's probably some way I can return the favor."

Riley paused long enough to let Hakon have the last word if he wanted it, and to let her scan everyone's faces one last time to recognize them in the dreamland. Then she left peacefully and quickly put distance between her and the orphanage.

Back to square one, but except for a few bruises, Riley's not any worse off than she's been since she was taken here. But now she had to make finding a shelter her top priority. Some place inaccessible without foot traffic, that's what she needed. The top floor of an abandoned building, or inside a clocktower, or in a temple's rafters, those would do.

[Sneaky +2] to find some place in the underground city to be a hideout.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn -> The streets
Flaw Points: 2

Emilio scratched his chin with a chuckle, "Ahaha! I am so glad you have an eye for business as well, my man! So pleased to deal with you, yes truly, the pleasure was all mine!" The merchant brought his hands together in a sharp clap, and turned to Stern, "But since that whole thing was over so soon, Stern my good man, we've still got good time today to expand our profits. You'll never make it in this line of work if you rest on your laurels, aha! So prepare yourself my man, we're off to the street once again."

Yes indeed, Emilio was really quite happy about how things had been progressing for him thus far. However, he did not feel quite secure with just one guard to his name, excessively tough and powerful or not, and resolved to expand his safeguards before getting himself out there. Beggars, cripples, and other destitutes, preferably former guards or soldiers or sellswords who fell through the cracks. The sort desperate to make deals similar to Stern, and then some. With proper security first in place, only then could he deal with confidence, and on his own terms...



Setting out to look for beggars/cripples/other destitutes, preferably people with former combat experience who fell through the cracks. Social Chameleon [+2] (to not look out of place, and conduct himself in a way that seems like he's genuinely sympathetic) and Merchant [4] to sell to them similar deals like to Stern: Health and endurance, combat capacity and hell, maybe even the sort of equipment they were proficient in using, all for the small small price of their eternal loyalty to me (note: Emilio will probably make it sound less ominous ). Taking as many as I can get, with a reasonable cap on what I can support right now.

Wishmaster [+2] to make the deals a reality as always.

Also, I'm looking for a blind and desperate person for my NEXT deal, so if my plan does not see undue complication, I'd like to end my scene with one of those.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - Orphanage

Once he was sure the other prisoner was gone, Hakon turned back to matters at hand. This encounter only strengthened his desire for a bodyguard. He thought back over the reports his orphan spies had gathered, there was mention of an orc, strong and intelligent, he would make am excellent right hand man. So, drawing on the reports, Hakon went out to investigate the possibility himself. See if he could get some more information on his future thrall to be.

Hakon knew the general area the orc male frequented, he would stake his subject out, learn all there was to know, and determine of the orc was suitable to be made into his Prime Thrall. He knew how to stealthily observe someone, and how to subtly pump other for information on a subject without them realizing it. He hoped that what he learned would confirm that this orc was the right choice.

Hakon's heading out to investigate one of the possibilities mentioned by his spies. A strong, smart male orc with some combat experience. Hakon's gonna learn all there is to know about him to see if this guys the right man for the job of Prime Thrall (sort of a right hand man / bodyguard thing). Former Thief[+4] to spy on him without being noticed, and Practiced Con Man[+2] to pump this guys acquaintances for info without them realizing he's doing it.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - A Dark, Forgotten Room -> Hallway? | Promises: None!| FP: 1

...Quiet.

...Still quiet.

...The creaking of stone as Abdul stood up. Time was impossible to determine in a room such as this, yet his body knew. A day had passed, and no one had come. The golem was not too surprised, honestly. Both he and the Magus were long-lived creatures, and to both, a day meant little. As did a week, a month, a year, a decade, a century. If Abdul simply waited to be called upon, how long would he have to wait? Of course, he would hardly die of age, but the longer he wasted away in his quarters, the longer it would take to find a way back to his own world. If one existed in the first place. Exploration, then. But no sneaking around, as if he was a thief planning to raid this abode. It was not in his personality, and besides, none who ever saw him would accuse the golem of being a sneaking type. Abdul gently opened the door to his room, shouting out as he peered into the hallway,

“Pardon, but a day has passed. Has the ‘bull's poo poo’ been ruminated on thoroughly, yet?”

OOC: Stepping out of my room and seeing what's around me, but making my presence known to anyone in the hallway (?) because subtlety is quite seriously not one of Abdul’s strong suits.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2017 around 18:52

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002




Abdul the Unbound - Deserted Exit CorridorFP: 1

Abdul heard no one. There was a large sign and an open door that said EXIT that lead to some stairs. Apparently no one comes where they had put him.


You have an exit. You can choose to take it freely or



Hakon - The Mean Streets

Hakon stalked his target. The male orc was single and muscular, and was a bouncer at one of the seedier bars. He was capable enough, and a loner. He did often drink at a few bars in his off time but spent most if his time alone. Just doing his job but hardly a slouch at it. Possibly he was ex-military by his bearing and professionalism. An enlisted man not officer. The orc's coworkers and employer all confirmed this.

He can be the guy.



Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn [Stern brings ppl to you]
Flaw Points: 2

Stern brought four hopefully and one seriously abused ex-slave. The four emaciated men got the Stern treatment. Then Stern the bind woman to Emilio's attention. "This is Sally. She heard you're the man to see about her getting some payback against the nobles that took everything from her. Including her sight."


You have four beefy men and Stern. Get mortal quality: Security [+2](Defensive only) They'll get in the way so Emilio can escape. Meat shields basically. Also Sally is here.





Riley Behind A Seamstress Shop

Eventually Riley finds a place to hide. Right behind a seamstress' shop. A pile is cooling in the window apparently the proprietor lived there as well.

There is pie.





Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Outbound Caravan
1 FP

There was mention of wands but no firearms. It seems these things would be quite rare in this part of the under-realms where magic was most prevalent. There were three main Caravans leaving town. A hunter caravan, that would meander through the wilds and then sell the beast parts in the next city. A merchant caravan which would stop in multiple cities but slower throughout the under-realms. Lastly there was a monster fighter adventuring caravan for rich lords and fighters wishing to test their mettle and male coin at it. Nearby you saw Patak but the last warning from the dragon was still fresh in your ears.



No gun laws. Three caravans. A warning reminder that could be ignored.





Nikita - Proving Ground

Like a scene out of minstrel play, Nikita was able to move out of the way of the hexed arrows and crossbow bolts. If anything the archers took this as a challenge and began aiming only for Nikita leaving the other cadets alone. The guide and cadets stood in awe. No one had done this well other than Black Goal himself. "This test is done." Your guide told you. "Now into the next test. That of your cleverness." You entered a smoky tent and a wizened elf gestured for you to sit across from him.

"There is an underfox, a rabbite, and a head of lettuce before the river Styx. How to you get them to the other side of the shore? The rabbite will eat the lettuce if left unattended, the fox the rabbite if both left unattended. Any solution is permitted not the boring one. Do not try and magic the solution from the magic-wide-web. Or you will fail."

test of cleverness




Silth - Newhost Bookstore

It was closing time and Alfie asked if Silth would make a purchase. When Silth-thomas would not move he reached out to shake the man. It would be Alfie's final mistake. The barbs reached out and stunned Alfie and all Silth to the paralyzed man's horror crawled into his mouth and began painfully coring out the most intimate parts of what made him, himself. Rising and wiping its mouth, Silth-Alfie looked at the discarded host. He would need to get rid of it before it started to smell...

You are now host Silth-Alfie. Your combat and jailing skills fade to be replaced with those of a scholar!



Patak - Caravans | FP 5

The elf was left reeling. Mind blown by something that should have been so obvious. What change the elf could effect would remain to be seen. Patak was taken to the caravans. There were three main Caravans leaving town. A hunter caravan, that would meander through the wilds and then sell the beast parts in the next city. A merchant caravan which would stop in multiple cities but slower throughout the under-realms. Lastly there was a monster fighter adventuring caravan for rich lords and fighters wishing to test their mettle and male coin at it. Nearby you saw Amerigo, the last warning from the dragon was still fresh in your ears.

You blow someone's mind.choices choices



Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern

Ksenija begins at the small tables. The night moves along with her moving up the high roller chain. Soon she finds herself after winning thousands of golden coins in the back room of the tavern. Several large guards of unpure giant stock ring the room. The final other 5 players sitting around Ksenija. A dark elf sorcerer, a large red chaos orc, a bald dwarf, a shady looking fair skinned half elf, and an enchantingly beautiful human female sat st the table. The dealer had a member of management whisper to him and he nodded. "All bets are doubled. Once you're out, you're out. That alright with all of you?" One by one the other players nod agreement. The dealer looked at Ksenija.

Will you play on?



Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

Isiah begins the gauntlet, the swinging of weapons whooshing by. A club strikes his shoulder but he grits his teeth and dodges more and pushed himself harder and faster. Soon he is panting heavily. He made it. "Very good!" The guide said. "Now on to your next test!"

Isiah was brought into a large tavern like area. A skinny orc was standing in front of a table. He gestured to it. "Here are two jugs. One can contain 3 liters of healing potion and another jug you can fill from a font of healing as many times as needed. That second container can contain 5 liters. You must give only 4 literss of healing potion to your commander. Too much and you will poison him. Too little and he will die. How do you do it?"

Hit but no damage. Onto the next test!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2017 around 02:05

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007




Silth - Host/Alfie - Bookstore

Host/Alfie flexed his muscles, or what passed as muscles, and craned his neck to the side to pop a joint. Getting comfortable in a new body always took a moment. The old meat had lost its usefulness; this host knew far more, and had the capacity to know how to know more. Which would be useful for Silth; it had much to know before it could plan its next moves.

But first things first; Host/Alfie locked up the shop, closed for business now if it hadn't been already. It wouldn't do for any patrons to wander in while he was taking out the trash. Once that precaution was taken care of, Host/Alfie hooked his arms underneath Thomas', and dragged the corpse to the alleyway door. While vagrants weren't uncommon in this part of the city, it wouldn't do to have a dead one appear behind his shop. No, best someone else take the heat for the body of some nobody turning up in the trash...

Silth will dispose of Thomas' corpse behind someone else's shop in the alleyway, using The Gleaning [+2] to know the best shop to dump it behind and the best time to do it, and Parasitic [+2] to lend some extra strength to its host body to speed up the corpse-dragging. The less time spent with it, the better.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2017 around 00:59

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE



Hakon - The Mean Streets

Hakon was thrilled that this orc fit the bill, he was perfect for his needs, and he knew he had to have the orc, to own him utterly and completely. For that to occur though, first he needed to manufacture the circumstances to allow for his enthrallment. From his observations he had learned that the strictness by which contracts were enforced meant that people tended to cheat on them less, engendering a certain degree of trust. It would be simple to approach the orc when he was at a bar, preferably when there weren't too many witnesses around, offer him a job as a pretext to get him somewhere more private. He thought for a while on what place that might be, before realizing that the only place likely to give him a sufficient degree of privacy was the orphanage. He would need to work it into the story.

When he made the approach, picking a time when the orc was situated at his own table, he put on a personable affect, "Dear sir, may I sit? I have a business proposition for you." Once he took his seat he continued, "I have seen you acting as a bouncer for some local establishments, and from what I've heard you are an upstanding fellow. I have need of your serves. A certain orphanage in the city has been receiving threats, nothing that has violated the law yet, the perpetrators are careful. They want to convince the governess of the establishment to sell it to them. Now, I am a friend of the orphanage, and I cannot stand such behavior. I would like to hire you to act as a guard, your mere presence should discourage the ruffians from their misdeeds, and would do wonders towards reassuring the governess of the safety of her charges. I am by no means rich, but this orphanage has a special place in my heart, and I am willing to pay handsomely to see it protected. If you come with me at once, I can introduce you to the governess, and we can work out the exact details of your fee. This is a most worthy cause, I assure you. So, sir, are you interested, if so we should leave at once."

Convincing the orc, Hakon wants to hire him to guard the orphanage from some scofflaws making threats against it as part of a land-sharking scheme. Practiced Con-Man[+2] to sell the role and convince him to accompany me to the orphanage at once. I'll also have informed the thralls there about what to expect.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Abdul the Unbound - Deserted Exit Corridor | Promises: None!| FP: 1

...And still quiet. Huh. Abdul was genuinely baffled as he stepped out of his room and saw there was no one attending him. Yes, he was technically a guest here, and no, he wasn’t planning on causing any trouble, but still. No guards? No attendants? It was as if he was practically abandoned here. How odd. Being treated as neither criminal nor honorable visitor, the golem was confused as how he should be acting here. Worried, perhaps? Or pleased, maybe. There was far worse than being ignored, after all.

Still, it left Abdul uncertain as to how much freedom he truly had here. If there were no guards, he obviously wasn’t being seen as a potential threat. That meant it was fine to explore, surely…? Metaphorically shrugging to himself, the golem figured that if he was caught and scolded, he would simply apologize but point out that his hosts were not very clear as to their expectations for a guest. Seeming to believe that was sensible enough, Abdul began to make for the stairs, intending to head upwards if possible. Meanwhile, the golem continued to call out,

“Pardon, but a day has passed. Has the ‘bullshit’ been ruminated on thoroughly, yet?”

OOC: Well, uh, I guess Abdul will see where the staircase takes him since no one here seems to be particularly concerned about him yet. If possible, I’ll head upwards. Going to continue to make my presence known as I walk, at least for a few minutes, to see if I get anyone’s attention.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords


Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

Isiah thinks for a few minutes. "Interesting. I haven't memorized the solution to this riddle. First, I think the obvious, expected answer is something like -
Fill the second container; the one that can contain 5 liters with healing potion.
Pour into the 3 liter can until full.
Dump out the 3 liters of healing potion.
Pour the remaining healing potion in the second container into the once again empty 3 liter container. There are now 2 liters in the 3 liter container.
Fill the second container; the one that can contain 5 liters with healing potion.
Pour into the 3 liter can until full. There are now 4 liters in the second container; the one that can contain 5 liters.
Deliver the healing potion then hunt down and kill the rear end in a top hat caster that made healing potion that can kill you if you drink the wrong amount."

Isiah crosses his arms and glowers at the skinny green twerp. "Or, I send a private to get a 1 liter container and use that to measure out the correct dose.

Isiah bares his teeth in an expression only a fool would mistake for a smile before offering a third solution: "Or, I bring in a couple of captives from the battle my commander was wounded in and try out different doses until I find one that isn't lethal."

Isiah sighs and relaxes; then states a fourth solution: "Better yet, I send a private to fetch the company healer instead of fiddling around with mysterious magic fountains that can kill us. The healer does his job of patching up the commander and the rest of the wounded then we finish the job and come home. Since the commander is wounded, there are probably a lot of other wounded too."

I don't think I need a roll for this?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern

quote:

Ksenija begins at the small tables. The night moves along with her moving up the high roller chain. Soon she finds herself after winning thousands of golden coins in the back room of the tavern. Several large guards of unpure giant stock ring the room. The final other 5 players sitting around Ksenija. A dark elf sorcerer, a large red chaos orc, a bald dwarf, a shady looking fair skinned half elf, and an enchantingly beautiful human female sat st the table. The dealer had a member of management whisper to him and he nodded. "All bets are doubled. Once you're out, you're out. That alright with all of you?" One by one the other players nod agreement. The dealer looked at Ksenija.

Will you play on?

Oh. gently caress. Ksenija thinks to herself when the management whispers to the dealer. The fun was over. She'd ignored good sense and let herself go. Now she was liable to pay the price. Did they know about her implant? Who knows with this magic poo poo. Better to play it safe.

"Of course." She says.

Ksenija would need to play this careful, lose gracefully and without the help of her implant. She'd paid enough attention to the actual game to have some idea what she was up against. Her eyes scan the room slowly. Nominally because she was scoping out the other players, in reality because she was trying to make sure she didn't get jumped. It's hard work to not get an eyeful of the woman though.

Ksenija will slowly and safely gamble away about 66% of her winnings using her Jury Rigging Genius (+4) and absolutely not using her implant. She will keep a watchful eye on the room with her Streetwise (+2) ways to make sure she isn't about to get jumped.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2017 around 03:37

Caufman
May 7, 2007




Riley - Behind a Seamstress Shop

Riley snatches the pie and immediately begins consuming it as quickly as she can without burning her mouth. She hasn't had freshly made food in so long. It's worth risking even a trip back to Slave Processing.

When she's had as much as she can eat, Riley puts the pan of leftovers back on the sill and wipes the evidence off her mouth. She hurries back into her hiding spot, falling quickly to sleep.

Last time she dreamed, Riley tried to find her way back to her friends and found them blocked off in a way she'd never encountered before. This time, Riley determines to explore this world's dreams, starting with her new neighbors'. She needs clues about this place, the locale in particular and the broader area, too. Secrets help, too. But there's no need to be carelessly invasive and alert anyone to the presence of a dreamwalker in the neighborhood.

Data-mining the neighborhood dreams with Riley's Dream Weaver [+4]

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



Nikita - Proving Ground

Upon seeing the old man and his pointed ears, Nikita's face froze. He quickly gave a courtly bow. "Good sir." He knew one of the fair folk when he saw one. Not a people to be trifled with, and if he were sitting here amongst all these men with none being the wiser, he must be an exceedingly powerful and clever specimen of his kind. Absolutely Nikita would be on his best manners and hope to avoid his ire. He listened dutifully as his next task was laid out for him, doing his best to let no sign of worry or discomfort show. That would only provoke the fey.

Nikita furrowed his brow. Underfox he could guess, and maybe rabbite was just the local term for rabbit? The magic-wide-web, however, he was utterly baffled by. Or perhaps these were part of the puzzle. Did he need to know something about underfoxes, rabbites, and this river Styx to solve it? If that were the case he had already failed the trial before he'd even started. Even if that was not the case, he was fairly sure he knew the proper solution. It was close enough to a riddle of his own land. But the interviewer had implied he might get higher marks if he avoided the boring "correct" answer.

Well, if he were going to fail, he'd do so on his own terms.

"By my blood, my training, and the gifts left to me, the waters do my bidding. I would seize the fox by the neck with one hand and carry the lettuce with the other. I would part the waters and walk across, luring the rabbite with the food. If you doubt by ability to do so, I can give you a demonstration should a body of water lay nearby. But, for the sake of argument, let us suppose I cannot do that. I would wring the fox's neck and swim across with it and the lettuce, then return for the rabbite. For, with due respect, sir, you did not specify the fox was needed alive. And the only worth a fox holds in my land is as a stole for a high-born lady."

A particular memory came to Nikita, of just such a lady. He bit back the emotions that threatened to rise up at the image - he had sworn off that part of his life. She had been a mistake he would not make again.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2017 around 09:07

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn
Flaw Points: 2

Emilio steepled his fingers, and smiled his wide, gleaming smile at Sally, who was sitting on the other side of his desk. Some might say such theatrics were wasted on the blind, but Emilio would maintain that they helped him get in the feel himself. "Such a horrible story", he stated, voice full of sadness and sympathy his face did not reflect at all, "Nobles have taken from me too. My wife, my children, my family fortune, forcing me to the road to start anew", a total fabrication of course, but it helped to establish common ground, "so even though I can't begin to know your personal pain, know that I sympathize deeply."

"I hope that it will bring you some comfort to know however", Emilio's smile widened even more, somehow, "That I can definitely give you what you seek, and more. All these cruel nobles who hurt you, I can have misfortune and accident steal their sight, their looks, their health. And not only that, all this I can give to you. You will be far more than you ever were, with sight to spare not just for the now, but for the weave of magicks, the dangers of life, perhaps even the vagaries of past and future as well, if there's some to spare..."

"And in return, for my power does not function on altruism, all I ask is that you not turn my gifts against me, and function as my eyes as well..."



Healing up Sally, trying to bag her as my alarm system for Magic and Danger and other such things, by having the few nobles most responsible for her misfortune lose their sight.Social Chameleon [+2] (I am jsut like you for I HAVE ALSO KNOWN LOSS) and Merchant [4] to butter her up and sell the deal. I'll get her as my eyes (MAGIC EYES) and as my loyal servant for all time, for the power and vengeance that she is given.

Wishmaster [+2] to make it so.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Then there was the large guy again. Apparently he had the same idea as him, which was fairly obvious. Two people of his temperament wouldn't survive long in this city. At least thankfully it appeared to only be authoritarian instead of completely totalitarian (as in, they appear to let people leave without too many questions.)

Amerigo approaches the merchant caravan leader and offers his services as an assistant quartermaster and guard, if need be. He warily eyes Patak, he'd tolerate him on the trip but he didn't want any more outbursts like the one that got them arrested by the spike eared goon.

Going with the merchant caravan.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Caravans | FP 5


The other's gaze let Patak know they would not be traveling together. He chose to go with the hunters, but before they all departed he made a point to visit Amerigo and offer some coin and a weapon or two from his cache.

Going with the hunters, they are likely more professional. Giving Amerigo some money and a weapon or two to help out.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Amerigo eyes the weaponry and takes a blade "Patak? I apologize if I came off as brusque just now. I'm Amerigo. And I'm glad we were able to escape the Master's clutches and uh, the other place together. I greatly appreciate these gifts." He offers a hand. "If we meet again, hopefully we can work together but right now I think we both need to go our separate ways."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself


Patak - Hunter Caravan | FP 5


Patak nodded and brought a fist to his chest. A salute or gesture of respect probably. The warrior returned to the Hunters.

OOC: Okay no hard feelings good luck.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002




Silth - Host/Alfie - Bookstore



"HEY YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL LADDIE!" A voice screamed.








Luckily it wasn't directed at Silth. A group of dwarves chased a vagrant past Silth as he opened the back door of the shop. No one even so much as looked in his direction. The area was clear and the body was hidden behind a rival's shop with care. Silth even propped and positioned the corpse with its hand on the door as if it was crawling to get somewhere safe. <"That ought to do the trick."> Alfie thought. That was odd. Silth hadn't had that happen before. <"What happen?"> Said the hosts conscious remnant. <"I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat."> The ghost of a personality whined.


Body Hidden!



Hakon - The Mean Streets
The Orc seemed to think on it, then began negotiating. He had heard odd sob stories before to reduce his fees. Hakon gamely went back and forth so as to give the proper appearance of an actual employer. Eventually the orc agreed to meet at the appointed time. Hakon went back to the Orphanage. His thralls were prepared. Mistress Greybeard asked, “Any other special preparations needed?”


There is a basement. Any special restraints or anything?



Abdul the Unbound - Deserted Exit Corridor
Abdul went the opposite direction of the exit, freedom, and good sense. While he wandered eventually he came upon the soldiers’ mess hall. The elf leader giggled at Abdul. “Are you serious right now? What the hell are you still doing here! Now we have to do things to you. bad things.”

The entire guard contingent, extremely pissed because they now would be missing their meals, dogpiled on to Abdul and took him down to material rendering. Bound in very large steel bands the elf got into Abdul’s face and spit in it.

“You don't know a good buy when you get one. Now see if you get it. Goodbye.”

The giant machines roared as they took your arm off at the shoulder and pulverized it. Pain. Unnatural and never felt before racked your frame. “How's the price of stupidity feel friend? If you'd taken the dragon’s hint and left, he could have forgotten about you. Now it's too late.” Abdul’s feet were soon fed into the machine, ready to be destroyed. “Give me one good reason we don't crush you to dust one piece at a time! Well? We're waiting.”

Now they have to break something. Take a single rank of damage from your mortal skills.



Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

“tldr; Barely passable.” The old man sniffs. “But he passes.” Your guide says, “Thought you could do better. A shame. Onto the next test.”

You were lead into a room. The white bearded man who was arguiny with Goal earlier sat across from a chessboard. “You play?” He asked. This would be the test of strategy.


A roll isn’t needed just to talk. You passed. Next chest.



Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern
The games ground on until Ksenija lost the allotted amount. She decided to cash out. As she left a floor manager caught her hand. “It was wise of you to lose back those funds. The house knows you've been cheating. Don't ever come back. Keep what you've won off the patrons, and take this lesson with you. As well as your life.” His eyes were diamond hard and held yours an uncomfortable amount of time. He let you go. Out into the streets and dawnstone. It was what passed for morning down here.


They knew and let you off with a warning. And let you keep your money.




Riley - Behind a Seamstress Shop
A man dreamt. He was playing cards with horses. Anytime he lost they sat on him a bit his chest, crunching flesh off of him like apples. He screamed.

A woman dreamt. She would be married to a noble known for sadistic cruelty. Her merchant father was paid a large sum of money for her dowry. Her dreams were of an uncertain future.

A child dreamt. School. Ugh. Lessons about the city. The six. The crystals. Blah blah.boooring!


You get previous mentioned world info, minus the map. Dreams aren't really a good source for this unless specifically directed at someone in the know but you've had nothing good happen so far and you're trying so GM fiat for a win!



Nikita - Proving Ground

“Good enough friend. But you should try turducken. Stuff the lettuce up the rabite’s rear end, the rabite up the underfox’s rear end then eat the mess. Then swim across. You are correct, the do not need to live, just get across. Turducken!” He repeated, an idiot's grin and madness speeding across his face.

Your guide quickly hustled you from the room. “You passed.”

Nikita was then taken to his next test. There was a grassy field. Nikita was put in charge of two squads. One of archers and one of swordsman. He would face off against three squads. One of archers, one of swordsman, and an additional squad of pikemen. He and his forces would have to triumph in taking a flag on top of a hill made of rock and keeping it. Either until time ran out or the other forces defeated. All squads had non-lethal magic versions of their weapons. They'd smart but not really harm anyone. If anything they'd knock a person unconscious. “You have time to position your men on the first square of the field but no further. You can reorganize them as you see fit. Good luck!”



Emilio Ughi -  The Golden Crane Inn
Sally laughed. “Hurt them. I'll pay your devil’s price.” The book groaned with the effort it was exerting. Then latched onto Emilio’s own soul to power this effort. Screaming Emilio and Sally both. Emilio could see the damage wrought by this spell. One of the six’s own family members just got the short end of it. As magi entered the little girl’s room. A man with a dark presence turned and looked. Looked right at you.

Exhausted and overused, the artifact went silent. For how long would be anyone’s guess. Stern and the boys picked up Emilio and Sally as the phantom innkeeper made up their rooms.

Emilio awoke with a start. Clutching his chest. Something was partially missing, he could feel it. Sally startled Emilio almost out of his wits. “They're coming you know. The dark cardinal is coming. I hope you're ready.”


Your artifact has been overused. Continued use will damage you unless you give it time to recharge.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan, going towards Granite-urg
The merchant leader haggled a bit with Amerigo but when he saw the human wasn't into it, just shrugged and offered him the going rate for caravan guard. The gun that Amerigo had made the merchant raise his eyebrows but he muttered “weird human magics.” Then went about his business.

A few weeks out of town and Amerigo saw why no one went outside the cities alone. It was completely dark out here. The only lights came from the caravan and those were swallowed up in the vast distance. Making camp one night, one of the elves took a lute out of his pack and started to sing.

“Above above, we once lived.
We carried our love of the sky.
The wicked kings of old disgraced the gods,
The adversary arrived and we began to die.
Crystals were made to save our souls,
Under the ground we were banished for the lie.
Return can we never. As all is dead beneath the sky….”

A few of the orc merchants clapped. One dwarf cried. Amerigo hadn't yet approached anyone, but now seemed to be the time if he wanted to speak.


An opportunity to chat or we can continue on.


Patak - Caravans | FP 5
The lead hunter, a ranger sized up Patak. Grunting, he nodded. “Our pay is the bounty on things we kill. The bigger the beast, or group of monsters the better.” The caravans initially set out together but soon the Hunters turned from the worn path. The lights the hunters used were small so as not to give away their positions.

A few weeks into the journey camp was made again. “This is odd”, one of the hunters said. “We should have found spoor or some monster sign. We've found nothing. Maybe the rumors are-"

“Belay that talk.” The lead ranger said. “ You'll spook the newcomers.” Patak was not the only new addition to this group. A survey teen magic user and a few grey orcs had joined as well. The girl flashed too white a smile and asked. “Whatever do you mean?”

“Yeah.” another orc chimed in.

“I said. It's nothing.” The lead ranger said as he stomped away.


Curious!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Replaced with a new, more interesting, post below.

LLSix fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 21:27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.


Ksenija Ceranic - The Pink Bear Tavern -> Inn Hunting

quote:

The games ground on until Ksenija lost the allotted amount. She decided to cash out. As she left a floor manager caught her hand. “It was wise of you to lose back those funds. The house knows you've been cheating. Don't ever come back. Keep what you've won off the patrons, and take this lesson with you. As well as your life.” His eyes were diamond hard and held yours an uncomfortable amount of time. He let you go. Out into the streets and dawnstone. It was what passed for morning down here.

Ksenija lets out a long sigh. Still alive, still fighting. She stuffs the little bag deep in her coat. Platinum. Platinum coins. If this place was running with as little tech as Ksenija suspected it meant they were worth a fortune. She hopes the places around here can actually break them. In any case, she sets off walking and looks for a good place to have a hot bath, maybe lay down and listen to some music while she thinks about what to do next. She needs an inn that will take a platinum coin, but not too nice to laugh her out.

Ksenija will use her Streetsmarts (+2) to pick out an inn that's nice, but not too nice to laugh her out. Then get a room and take a bath if she can.

  • Locked thread
«18 »