Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - Crystal-Town
FP: 18

So the golems were controlled by the local magic users. Since the death of Seidhr at the tower, he had been without any mage-slaves. It was an annoyance, considering how useful and devoted Seidhr had been. Now, however, the opportunity to obtain some more had presented itself. There was just the matter of how to go about it. He considered the question as he continued to speak to the locals. Eventually an idea occurred to him. He was playing the part of a rich merchant looking to set up a new life. What better way to ingratiate one's self to the local men of import than to throw a feast for them. Such local dignitaries like local mages, guard officers, and local nobles would no doubt be unable to resist the offer of fine food, drink, and entertainment. He had more than enough funds to secure top class arrangements.

He issued the orders to the relevant slaves, they would handle the preparations. He merely needed to prepare himself for the nights festivities. He took a moment to enjoy the amusing irony of the situation, these local figures would no doubt think the party was meant to fete and grovel to them. However, by it was over it was they who would be groveling at his feet, eager slaves desiring nothing but to please him. Yes, they would learn their place soon enough.

That last thought sent his mind down a more sour path. His thoughts turned to Daor. The orc who had once been his most devoted thrall had changed since he had become his First. Where once he had been totally devoted, eager to fawn over his master, to worship Hakon utterly, now that he had been granted some core of Hakon's own power he thought himself above such things. He thought he was another aspect of Hakon, an equal of sorts, an intolerable notion. Hakon had been quietly fulminating over it for days, pointedly ignoring the orc's mental presence. Hakon had given him orders to gather more thralls, at least he was still capable of that. That combined with lingering affection for what the orc had once been had been all that had kept Hakon from considering simply replacing him. If the process wouldn't have resulted in the orc's utter destruction he might have done it already. After all, what use was a high priest who refused to worship, a slave who thought himself equal to the master. That his increasing anger at the orc's perceived betrayal as well as his rapidly diminishing patience would be obvious to the orc via the mental link between them mattered not one whit to Hakon. If the orc ever decided to turn his impudence into actual betrayal, Hakon could snuff his life out with a single thought. As preparations proceeded, he let his annoyance and anger at the orc flow freely. He could not afford to have it distract him this evening, and so he simply let it spend itself out now. After all, he needed to play the perfect host this evening if his plans were to succeed.

Hakon's gonna throw a party for Crystal-Town's elites, including the local ice mages. He's letting his slaves make the preparations for the most part, making decisions himself where needed. Divine Body[+2] for anything Hakon needs to do personally.

He's also growing increasingly annoyed with Daor's change in personality since being made First. He's not thinking about replacing Daor yet (mostly because it would kill the orc) but he's close. Naturally, Daor should be able to sense this through the mental link, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Emilio Ughi - The Northern Badlands
Flaw Points: 9

Emilio gave a little laugh even as he slightly rubbed his aching head, recovering quickly from his screaming fit just a moment earlier.

"Well foreseen, o' Lord. But you can never win big if you never aim high, is that not true? Haha! Nevertheless, a good deal for me", he nodded slightly, more to himself than anything. "Now, my liege. Might I be so pardoned as to acquaintance myself with the rest of the court?"

Wishmaster [+2] will be my new Divine Trait. Like the other one too, but Wishmaster is too integral to how I want Emilio to work. Maybe next lecvel up

His divine body does not really look different, though he has given himself a fancier, nobler set of wardrobe. Other than that, he seems like a human still, though there is a somewhat unnerving aura about him (unless he chooses to suppress it, and even that I presume might sometimes fail), and his smile is even more disquietingly gleaming than it was before. He can manifest wings and a tail and similar Demonic details at will however, should he wish it.

As for actions, he's going to check out and try to learn about the rest of the Demonic Nobility and if there are any interesting characters there, since I'm likely going to get into some demonic Court Intrigue later on. Divine Body [+2] on that if it at all applies for such a quest for information via Emilio utilizing his know-how in such information gathering and get-a-read-on-people style affairs.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Council
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Okay. He needed to see a man about a pig. V-man and the mayor probably counted as underlings at this point. Time to put it to the test.

Amerigo would've wanted to put the lord on trial but having a pig on the stand wasn't likely to engender trust in the competence of the new government. He summons V-fred. "Uh. Can you send this thing to a farm or discretely handle this, or whatever? Don't turn it into food, we don't know if this transformation is contagious. Have the dungeon walled off as well."

He had gotten a decent few hours of sleep the night before, but had spent most of the night outlining his plans for the reformation of the city's leadership. A council system with methods for assigning various duties and perks was drawn up. Undoubtedly factions and whatnot would form, and he needed to make sure the mercs and enforcers just didn't outright seize power.

When they appointed time arrives, he addresses the assembled representatives. "Ladies and Gentlemen of Grenmalk-City, thank you for coming. We have a lot or work ahead of us so let's get down to business. First of all, we must ensure that the recent despotism never happens again and to that end..."

Working with these people to establish a new council based gov't for Grenmalk City. [Tactica Transoceania+2] to pull up relevant documents needed to build a functioning republic.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2018 around 08:31

Caufman
May 7, 2007

It took a lot of soul searching, but I have made my choice: Dreams/Illusions [+2]

Riley - A private room in the Guild Hall

The warmth of her new divinity felt glorious and all-expansive to Riley, as if a tremendous ball of power had rolled off the cliff of ultimate destiny. An important minute has passed in godtime.

She wandered back into the heart of the resurrecting city, ineffably aware of her new powers of illusion in the waking world. She assembled her inner circle.

"How do I look? Do I look different?" Riley asked them jokingly. With a hint of relief, she told them, "We've thrown in with my Godmother. I'm her subject, which means whoever is my subject is hers, too. I'm sure we all agree to make the most of this situation, right? Well, we may have problems coming at us down the pipe. Observe."

In a lucid daydream, Riley shared the vision her Godmother had given her of the evil forces and the figure of justice. "Oh yeah, I can do things like this, now. So that looks bad, right?" Riley points at the evil. "But that other one looks more promising. I want to see what I can learn about him. In the mean time, any news since I've been away?" Riley turned to Mindy. "Learn any new tricks?"

Illusions [+2] for Riley's first demonstration of an illusion.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Dreadlord Incipio, God of Death - Near Ground Zero, Slate Iron City
FP: 1

Dreadlord Incipio howled his victory towards the roof of this strange cavern. All that was human and merciful in him had been burned out by this second and final battle with the archlich. All that was left in him was the wolf and the desire to live without death. Though he had dominion over it, still he feared what waited him beyond it more than anything. He resolved to never die; to never join Nheg'ved. Instead, all who died would join him. ALL.

He hurried back to the city and there he began to train new disciples in the art of raising the bodies of the dead to serve him.

Going to be the god of Death +2
As my first action, I want to establish a mortuary priesthood who instead of burying the dead, raise them as my undead servants.
Death +2
maybe make Kalis their headpriest with my next action.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Kv3ZlvQLw

The shield coalesced and took form as Patak worked upon a mighty creation. A weapon of war bathed in Patak's holy light. It could only be wielded by someone who fought or Justice and was righteous. It burned Cait's hands when she touched it. Perhaps the requirements were a tad unrealistic as a suitable wielder might not ever be found in the harsh under-realms. Only time would tell.

You have created a magical item:
The Sunlight Shield [+0] - Shields the wielder completely against mundane mortal harm in battle.
Caveat: Can only be held by one who is fighting for Justice and is Righteous

Nikita - ?
FP: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvIKjy3g-Uo#t=243s

Ada laughed at Nikita. His hypocrisy. "Yes your casual single murder is so much better than my mass murder. I've done nothing to you and you weren't there." Ada blocked Nikita's strikes contemptuously before stabbing through his shoulder with her barbed tail. Nikita staggered back, the ferocity of the attack taking him by surprise. "What's the matter? Only satisfied when your victims can't fight back?" She taunted him. "I could have unlocked your potential. Now you're going to DIE here!"

Nikita's attack rolled lower than Ada's defense. Ada gets in a strike. Dealing one rank of damage to Nikita! The battle continues!

Hakon - Crystal-Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2l--Px9vf0#t=147s

The local leaders, magi, and premiere merchants all were in attendance. Extremely curious of the new power player that had appeared in their midst. Several of the were jockeying for position to be the first to make an ally of this new player. Constructs brought northern refreshments for Hakon to sample. Shaved ice with sugary flavor and different bright colors. Iced "cream" another delicacy was brought forward.

Hakon could feel Daor distantly. The orc had gathered a core cadre of worshipers who would not be missed. Zealots in the extreme who would carry out the dirty work to begin thralling in earnest when the time arrived.

--
Hakon's anger was felt by Daor. Which left Daor confused but still working. That Hakon himself was blind to his own presence within the orc was troubling and the feedback loop of that feeling leaked into Hakon's own awareness. Daor respected his lord's distance though as he knew intimately what the feeling Hakon had and why as the seed of Hakon gave him that insight cleanly. Betrayal? Could one's own foot betray the body? Daor merely grunted and went back to work, his results would speak for themselves. If Hakon destroyed him, then so be it.
--

"-apples are better than grapes don't you know?" chuckled the man sloshing his wine before Hakon. The merchant had been laughing at his own jokes for a while now, the party in full swing.

The party has all the power players in place.

Daor can feel it, but his unique perspective gives him insight into Hakon's actions too. He accepts the anger but knows that he can do nothing about it. Any First or those invested with Hakon's power will in effect have this issue. So like cutting off one's foot, if it pleases the god to do so Daor will accept it.

Emilio Ughi - The Northern Badlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBE9qmucK7Y

Count Terrel
Charming and beguiling, the leader of endless soul collectors of the doomed and damned. Succubi and incubi his preferred agents. The coin of the realm are these souls which are used for pain, pleasure, currency, and raw building materials. Pleasant in company and in dealings, one gets the impression he's bored with it all. Endless parties in a golden palace in fields of trees ripe with silver fruit, wealth and unearthly beauty as far as the eyes could see. Painful to look at, but few who ventured here could look away. Eventually enthralled by all the beauty.

Baron Char
General of the Endless Brutish armies of the abyss, Baron Char crushes those who would oppose his interests (and of those he serves) with his limited shock troops' overwhelming strength. His own lands were a broken battlefield of fortification stretching across all times and consisting of many species. Bug eyed musketeers fought laser-sword wielding skeleton warriors, Cyber-bears tore at massive magical dino-warriors all in a never ending battle. How they ended up here was a secret only the Baron possessed, but it was rumored the service of these warriors in eternal damnation was the price their rulers paid for Char's aid to tip the apocalyptic tide on their own worlds. Only the strongest could leave to wage war for actual victory and not the eternal stalemate.

The Black Overseer
Leader of the legion of assassins, the Black Overseer sees to all information gathering and scouting both in the realms infernal and on the many fronts of the eternal war raging across the multiverse. The thin men were silent and ever present, providing information and taking out key targets and leaders who would and could oppose the march of the infernum. His lands are burned and blackened. Full of ruins and raining ash constantly from a black and cloudy sky. Red flame licks between the clouds, the endless screams of the victims of the legion continual like the peals of thunder across the landscape.

Duke Garro
Duke Garro rules the Polished brass of the Infinites with a mailed fist. Endless and faceless, with all identity stripped away the Infinites march endlessly where the Infernum waged war. Symmetrical and geometric, the black and white checkerboard parade fields and training grounds of Duke Garro's lands slowly reduced new "recruits" identities and very uniqueness to nearly nothing. Until only the faceless remained.

Baroness Bane
An Avatar of War, the Baroness towers over her lands. A titanic force to be unleashed and end worlds. The high smokey mountains in a brightly lit land is where she hunts the souls of those who flee with a gleeful abandon. She torments and corners her prey like a cat chasing mice. Only ending it all when they can no longer run or provide her amusement.

Duke Ughi
Master of the deal and wishes. His lands sit dead center between all of the other lordling's holdings. His domain had stripped them of parts of theirs to create room for the newly minted lord. A perfect circle like that of a coin, the land was featureless and flat with nothing on it. Yet...

Human with retractable horns, wing and tail. Got it. Info gained.

Riley - A private room in the Guild Hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Halrn looked around. Nope. No disaster! He embraced Riley warmly. "You did it! The predators of the city ruins have all left. Also, an envoy from the Winter lady's court has arrived. He awaits the 'princess' he says." The illusions look real. Only when touched did they slightly ripple, hands passing through them.

Charlie and pepper leapt through them, chittering and gleefully playing in each illusion. Mindy laughed with glee, then looked confused at the question. "No tricks. You haven't been gone long? So what next?"

The illusions impress everyone! Also an envoy from the Winter lady's court is there to see 'Princess Riley'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9idTtVe3_g

Dreadlord Incipio's touch jerked the dead back to life. Everywhere in slate-iron city. 200,000 dead stood, dug their way out of rubble, or rose form their graves. General Sextus stood and then transformed. Long fangs sprouted from its mouths, each fang glowing with vampiric necromantic eldritch power. He was the Dread Lord's First. Big black bat-like wings sprouted from his back and he howled in victory with his god!

The priesthood began its establishment, the dead however have all risen.(Ready to work)

Gods can gain a First, the First is a being that embodies some part of the god which is random. In this case the Supernatural side of Isiah. Sextus cannot die unless Isiah dies. He can be harmed but will regenerate or resurrect if not consistently being taken apart. The more damage the longer this regeneration takes. Sextus can feel all worshipers(and undead) and has their feelings or status (whichever applies) in his head. All priests/types, high priests, and the first can be felt by Isiah.
Sextus has the ability to create vampires(with their unmitigatable limitations) and raise the dead, but his own energy/stamina is the limitation and he cannot create others like himself or high priests.
Creating a priest is a time consuming process for Sextus and less so for Isiah.
Sextus' ability is First of the Dreadlord [+2] to replace all else.
A First cannot be mind controlled or thralled by anyone else, but may be tricked with illusion or other mind-fuckery if the being is strong enough (but it can never be permanent)

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMBVer5beA

The mayor had manfred and v-fred take the lord-pig off to a farm and see to sealing the dungeons. He seemed quite distressed at the whole situation. He wrung his hands. "When I asked you to find things out, I didn't want you to depose the lord. Oh dear. What will slate-iron do to us now? The magus!" He shuddered.

At seeing the plans for a new government he blanched slightly. "But what about me? I was in charge..." It seemed the mayor thought better than to protest too strongly. For he didn't want to be made into a pig as well. Others went along with the plan for their own reasons, but it was soon accepted that there would be a council. A new head of a new republic. The martial forces would defend the lands against brigands and anything slate-iron city sent. The cry for freedom against crooked lords who would sell them into swinedom was strong.

The celebration began and bells rang across the city! "Freedom! Freedom!"

Amerigo had started something. An idea. Something harder to kill than any man or monster. Traders leaving Grenmalk-City would bring the ideas with them, seeds of freedom to light the darkness. The book pulsed and faded from Amerigo's hands.

The glow suffused Amerigo's body and he felt himself awaken.

Finally! Amerigo has realized his potential! Your [+2] domain can be government or revolution based, the nuance I feel here requires some of your input. Also you don't have a companion so a first, may be a delayed thing here.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 17:00

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 12+1=13

He shook his head at Cait’s complaints. “That is exactly the point. If it worked for anyone with no restrictions it would be far less powerful. For something like you want it would…” Patak trailed off and rummaged through their storage.

“Vampire dust and the hilt of the sword I broke fighting it.” He rubbed the dust over the sword by hand. It ate at the metal as it imbued it with power. Patak gave the hungry icon of war his Blessing before holding it out to Cait.

“Now you may temper it with your thirst for Vengeance.”

Going to make a sword with the vampire dust and a sword hilt. It will amplify the power channeled into it. Fire users like Cait will get a flameblade, Ice users(presuming they survive the upcoming godwar) would get an iceblade, Patak/ordained followers would have a sunblade, Dark or Undead users get hosed(It harms them for trying). Normies will have a sword hilt they can’t use without magic and a quest of vengeance.

War +2: It’s a weapon. To kill things with.
First of Patak +2 for Cait to pour her Vengeance into it
Justice +2: That Vengeance must stem from a true injustice.

Total of +6 to forge the Punisher Blade. It thirsts for the blood of those that have wronged the bearer and their respective ilks.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dreadlord Incipio gathered all his followers. Dread First General Sextus, the seven headed vampire, Kalis, his pet necromancer, 200,000 dead and 9/10s of the Dread Legion. Leaving behind only a tenth of his living soldiers to guard Rock City, Incipio marched. The decision of where to march was a simple one. The great cavern Rock City ruled over opened in only one direction. North. So Incipio marched North, unknowingly following behind many of his onetime fellow prisoners and godlings. Where before he had shown mercy and restraint, he had none now. The crypts were to be broken open and the dead inside added to his ranks. The living were given one chance to kneel. If they refused, they were to be killed and their dead corpses raised as obedient soldiers. No city in his path was to be spared.

The dead are coming for you. Whooooooah. This game has a timer mechanism now. Have the other players amassed enough power to withstand the incoming wave of dead? Let's find out.
Death +2 to raise more troops as we march
Dread First General Sextus +2 to command the legions of the dead and the living

I honestly don't know where anyone but Riley is, but I figure my legion of the dead will run into someone before too long, and ya'll have probably cleared out most of the really dangerous NPCs between me and you so...

I'm not necessarily aiming to knock any players out. Death is patient. If you can withstand or hide from the initial few assaults by the dead horde I'll probably just go around. Or maybe you'll have enough power to put Isiah out of his madness.

LLSix fucked around with this message at Jan 3, 2018 around 22:19

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - Crystal-Town

Hakon smiles back, his focus returning to the matter in front of him. His annoyance with Daor was becoming a distraction, which was too bad. The party itself was enjoyable enough, at least the food, wine, and various delicacies were, the conversation was less so. Still, he knew a way to improve this party and banish his annoyance with his First, at least for a time.

He signaled for the various guest's attention, standing confidently in the center of attention. His ascension had changed him, not merely imbuing him with power, but altering his appearance as well. Where once his appearance might have been described as handsome by some, now he was the very image of a sovereign his features breathtaking and commanding in the same measure. Befitting his place as the God of Domination and one day the lord and master of the entire world. That it would also make him unrecognizable to those who he had been imprisoned with was merely the icing on the cake. Once the attention of all the guests was upon him, he spoke, his voice matching his form, "I am glad you all have accepted my invitation and come here this evening. You see, I have come not merely to meet you, but to free you. All of you are cursed, diseased, adrift in the world scurrying about as though your wants and dreams mattered."

He had little doubt that line would rankle them, but he enjoyed it, and as he continued to speak his divine power started to flow more freely, imbuing his voice with an irresistible power, bearing down on the minds of the crowd, transforming his words into their absolute and unchallengeable truth. "But worry not, I am here to free you from the disease of your own inferior wills, from the curse of person-hood. I will rule your utterly and completely, replacing your pitiful will with my perfect will, and you will love me with every fiber of your being for it." He continued onward, his divine power radiating him like light from the sun, his intensity increasing with each word until he reached a fever pitch, "Surrender yourself to me body, mind, and soul, and know the unparalleled bliss of being owned by me. Forsake fear, forsake worry, forsake sadness, forsake everyone and everything but me. Purge yourself of all desire but to please me, any hope but to serve me, remake yourselves as my utter zealots. Love me with all that you are, and take up your proper place as my devoted slaves. Become mine!"

Hakon's really trying out Domination[+2] at full power for the first time, aiming to fully enthrall the VIPs attending his party.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxKb48wvt60

Reeling back from the savage blow, Nikita clutched at his shoulder and hesitated at Ada's words. She was just trying to get into his head; shatter his focus so he would leave himself vulnerable for a killing blow.

...Right?

Nobody he had met in this world with power comparable to his own had failed to betray or attempt to enslave him. This woman was no different. Her claims that she would have treated fairly with him were nothing but lies. But if that were so, why did he feel his determination flagging? He had made one grand terrible mistake in his life that had cost countless good people so much. The possibility that he had made a second grand folly seized upon his mind and he could not shake it. And if that were truly the case here, he would not even have the chance to make amends. She wanted his blood, and perhaps she had the right.

At the notion, anger welled up and quickly began to boil over. It was not righteous anger, nor born of any true higher thought. It was animalistic hate towards something that desired his death. He would not die here. Could not die here. Not with the threats looming back in the real world. Even if he were in the wrong that was just one more sin he would have to extirpate. Cold comfort for her that her legacy would be no more than a haunting sense of guilt in his mind, but unless she was prepared to take up his mantle against the madman in the Slate Iron City that was how it had to be.

Ripping a satchel from his waist, he tore it open with his fangs and smeared the paste inside against the gaping hole in his shoulder. Almost at once the pain began to fade. He could use the arm though at risk of overextending it. Hardly his primary concern at the moment. Crouching low, he waited for an opening and let the red haze fall over him. The time for clever thinking was gone. Now it came down to his own prowess and instinct to win through. As Ada danced her way towards him to finish the job, he lunged unexpectedly and grabbed for her throat, intending to simply and brutally headbutt her into submission.

The seeds of doubt have been sown, and Nikita has lost Indomitable +2.

Witch+2 to numb his wounds and Berserker +2 to press the assault. With nowhere left to turn, Nikita will surrender himself to mindless feral violence.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well that was quite the trip. After the glowing suffused, Amerigo took to the negotiations with a renewed fervor, hammering over even the smallest of things. He didn't want for a loophole or awkward wording to result in a constitutional crises later down the road.

With the details being sorted, Amerigo turned his attention toward the now ex-mayor. "I understand you've gotten a raw deal, but things escalated quickly. I do not intend for you to be left out in the cold. This new republic will require a civil service and someone at the top who understands how this city operates, someone more permanent and worldly about the day to day affairs than the debates of the council itself. If you're willing, I'd prefer to have you as the chief civil servant, and keep Grenmalk-City going no matter who is in charge."

Regardless of the response, Amerigo sets his sights to reforming the military. After seeing this entire world was the province of monsters and assholes, it behooved him to put together a force together capable of resisting any hostile forces that may arise. His task is twofold, modernize the weapons, and make sure the troops are willing and able to use them in defense of the town. Amerigo's connection to his gun seems to have dimmed, but his raw knowledge of them remained. A simplified, two handed firearm with the petard launcher underneath would lead the way for state of the art military force for the city, and a training program. Most weapons required years to master them, Amerigo had picked up the gun in moments (Albiet with some magical help). With enough of them, he could make a force of trained commoners a force to reckon with even against elite forces.

I'm not making this guy my "priest" or a first or anything but I'm setting him up with a job at least. Taking [Freedom+2] as my divine power not only as a political position but as in a more abstract Freedom From/Freedom To sort of thing. Finishing up the final details on the city and then beginning to design a new firearm that's powerful, easy to use, and cheap to fund. Not sure how much of my old gunsmithing skills remain. If possible doing this under a GUNS AND [FREEDOM+2] motif.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jan 4, 2018 around 06:21

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Duke Ughi - The Duchy of Wishes

Emilio nodded to himself softly as he took in the information on his new peers, possible venues of later action already filling his mind. But that was for later, for now he had other affairs to attend to. Such as the specific strategic situation with the gate, which demonic forces were being deployed, and who were likely to be their new opposition.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he idly said to Sally whilst leaning on the fancy cane that was part of his new outfit, "An entire empty land for us to fill. A tabula rasa, to be painted with the pigments of opportunity, aha!"

He turned to face the woman, his typical gleaming smile adorning his face, "And there is nothing quite as ripe with opportunity to the likes of us than war, no? What say you we go take a look at those development, and figure out where the best profits might be found?"

Emilio's taking a look at the situation with the gate, the exact force deployment and what opposition they would most likely first meet.

Sally will be my First, since a Demonic Seeress would be useful for someone who peddles Wishes.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Cheshireville

Riley gave Halrn their secret handshake. "Put it there, partner. I couldn't have done any of that without you. Seriously, I thought I was getting ready to die in a blaze of ice back at the fortress."

Riley looked surprised at Mindy's response. "I really lose track of time. Hal, let the envoy know I'll give them an audience at once; but Mindy and I have work to do, first. Put them up somewhere comfortable but modest. Come on, Mindy; let's have a sleepover!"

Riley met up with Mindy, Charlie, and Pepper in the dreamlands. There (with Mindy's help) she built on a hill a fortified city-within-a-city. At the peak of the hill was an even grander fairytale castle. This was to be Riley's domain. She anchored it in place into the dreamworld, and made it a beacon and refuge for her citizen-subjects as they slept. At the top of her castle, Riley built an observatory to spy into the psyche of distant beings. She named the fortified city Cheshireville, and the castle she named the Sleeping Beauty.

Constructing a permanent dream city-fortress with Dream/Illusions [+2]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 12+1=13

The sword of vengance soon took form. The hilt glistened dangerously and hungrily. Cait picked it up with not a little trepidation. The rusted handle gave off a faint, malignant, red glow. The dark side of justice, Vengance powered this magic blade. As a focus, it was excellent. As a tool, it definitely had an interesting purpose.

After forging the blade, Patak felt slightly tired. Horse whinnied an arm. A large group of people had entered the town from the south, he could smell them.

Cait whistled to Patak. "We got company! Looks like a mixed group."

The Punisher Blade [+0] It will amplify/refine the power put into it. The blade will harm friend and foe alike if they get in the way. Vengance has no room for mercy. The capacity for Vengance is amplified in the wielder the more power that is used. Dark or Undead users as a rule will be hosed or destroyed as an act of vengance. Additionally those deemed unworthy will be harmed as well, unless they meet the criteria.

Visitors!

Cities fell before the horde, all took a knee and gave up their dead. The massive army spread over the land. Gigants, beasts of the wastes, feral orcs, goblins, kobolds, elves, dwarves, and human bandits fled before the dread legion. It's numbers swelled to over 300,000 as the crypts and graveyards were boken open. The force was ponderous and very slow, only it's tireless nature made up for this.

Scouts brought forth information for Dreadlord Incipio across the miles of his front line:
A large merchant camp lay before the West arm, they have not detected the dread legion. It would take a week for forces to surround it.
To the far East a city by the name of Grenmalk sat, farmlands and pig farms for the taking. It would take two week to surround it.
Central and before the great dread host was a dead town, the life-sense of his scouts see one large beast of burden, and two life signs. One that glowed as bright as the Dreadlord himself. A dark and negative undead energy was dissipating there. Forces could reach this place in one week.

Other smaller/normal towns, cities, and farming communities lay in the path of each. Stopping along the way would swell the ranks further but delay arriving at any of the main destinations.

Choices choices.

Hakon - Crystal-Town

The guests frowned at his speech but soon angry faces grew slack. The magi resisted longer but soon all were gazing at Hakon with unadulterated lust, love, and bliss. The Ice Golems all turned towards Hakon and dropped everything they were doing. Some kind of magical internal condition was met and the killing rampage didn't start. Hakon hadn't actually harmed any citizens. With our further instruction from the magi, they waited.

All of the rulers of this jewel of the north debased, groveled, and worshipped. They were Hakon's creatures now.

A disturbijng report came mentally to Hakon from Daor. All smugness gone and the old tone returning <"Master! A powerful necromancer just raised all of the dead in slate-iron city and marches across the land! The cult has gone to ground here but we are cut off.">

All too easy! Daor has news

Nikita - ?

Punch for punch, blow for blow. The battle raged. The last of this pristine prison was wrecked and ruined. Ada's arm was broken as Nikita bit her face and grappled wth the demon. She screamed at the damage and savagery as she slammed Nikita onto the ground. The worldbreaker demon had grown stronger here but Nikita felt the red rage take hold and awareness faded...

When he came back to himself he was slamming a stone obelisk into the broken and dead corpse of Ada.

Breathing heavily, Nikita sat down. The landscape was ruined he could see.

He could go free.

The power of this demon flowed into his artifact but seemed inaccessible.

The power flows into Nikita, but is walled off somehow.

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The mayor accepted the position, grateful that he had some place in the Grenmalk-City administration.

Amerigo the hero of the swine-revolution's guns were now considered the most fashionable thing ever. Everyone wanted or had one. Shooting contests and contests of skill abounded.

This was good, as reports of bandit gangs had increased some bands even a hundred strong.

The government formed and the mayor has position. The guns were easily made and soon the most popular and fashionable thing was to have one! The city gains a mortal trait Fire-Armed Populace [+2]. Bandit activity seems to have increased dramatically!

Duke Ughi - The Duchy of Wishes

The portal closed behind Emilio's Lord. "We'll be in touch. I need to explain things to your...peers." He stated as he departed.

As Emilio turned he saw that Sally had changed as well. She seemed to stare off into space for a moment. "The dark crystal is no more, the dark cardinal is dead. I see an...absence. Oh...and there is about 200 dwarves and dark elves about an hour from camp. They feel desperate or something close to it."

She seemed to stare where the portal used to be. "Oh. It's still active, just closed. He's hurting them. It seems they all took issue with your ascension to the peerage. They were winning...but then he-" Sally covered her eyes. "gently caress that almost killed me just looking. Anyways, I don't seem to feel fear anymore. Probably because unless you die I can't. What a fine mess you got us into!" She complained. Typical Sally.

Sally is your First, she gains True Sight [+2] anything she sees or knows, Emilio knows. She cannot be fooled, tricked, or affected by illusion, shape shifting, mind control, etc.

Riley - Cheshireville

Riley's city took form, her power here more real. It would be accessible to her anywhere. As well as Mindy, Charlie, and Pepper of course. It was actually easier here. Powers like hers, or those of the mind would be many times more effective in the dream realm.

Waiting before Riley's throne room was a tall male fey. He bowed deeply, his manners and formality highly respectful. "You honor me, your highness. I am Jah-rule. Your godmother has sent me to communicate with the fey nation and your fey subjects that live within your territory in the real world. I am here to serve."

The dream city is constructed, the envoy waits for you there. You miss Isiah's big move but when you get out Halrn will be ready to tell you. Oh who do you want to be your first?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

'The Swine Revolution', good grief. He was hoping for something a little more...highbrow, but oh well, these things tend to take on a name for themselves. More concerning was the fact that huge chunks of the civilian populace were now armed along with the military. This was...not a stable situation. The bandit problem only added to this, and he needed to address it. A standard military, especially one like Grenmalk's which historically had been used to oppress its populace instead of scout for things, was not suited to this new republic. Amerigo didn't want to upset the core of the military, angering the commanders after he had just armed them was a bad, bad, idea, but he needed to know why the bandit population had exploded.

To that end, he put out a call for outriders, wandering loners, younger cavalry officers, and similar. "As you know, we must keep order now that we have overthrown the tyrant, and we cannot let these criminal depredations harm our city. To this end, I'm forming a new military force to combat them. Information is just as important was weapons when it comes to war, and we need to know what lies beyond eyeshot of the city walls. For those of you interested, you have the chance to become part of something new and exciting..."

Using [Freedom+2] to create the Grenmalk Rangers, a wide ranging scouting force specializing in recon and hit & run attacks, and sending them to scout around and try to figure out why the bandits are surging in number. Priority will be for live captures when possible and interrogating them to find out what is going on.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 13+1=14

Patak knew well he was taxing his new divine limits making these items from his trophies, but he longed for one more thing made from the dragons. He did not know if there were any more of the creatures left, and such a creature…

He shook his head. “Cait, take Horse and inspect these newcomers. Survivors, scavengers, raiders, find their purpose and bring them to me. I have one last miracle to work before I stop.”

Patak brought the dragon bones, dust, and carcass together in a single pile. He focused on it. The matter and magic was to be converted to pure energy and essence. Coalesced into a single ovoid form. Patak drew his knife and cut his arm to draw blood to pour into the egg that was beginning to materialize. He fell to the ground drained of power.

Whether the Solar Dragon Egg would hatch would remain to be seen.

SOLAR
DRAGON
EGG
Total +6
Making a Dragon egg. Taking the power and essence of the fallen ones and my own divine blood to give it that hearty dragon-divine hybrid thing.

I’m using my Sun flavor on this one. Not an item but a powerful (babby)magical creature. War+2 for it is a powerful creature and will fight for right and true Justice +2. Divine Body +2 for the divine blood to link it to me, my bloodline. It shall be my child.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Cheshireville

"Hello, Jah-rule. That's a funny name! Do you have any kids?" Riley asked her Godmother's ambassador. It was her favorite question; she evaluated a person based on how they responded in language, tone, and body language.

After the audience with Jah-rule, Riley took Mindy flying across the dreamlands. She watched for the wonder in Mindy's eyes, and she smiled to herself when it flashed. And Riley felt magnitudes stronger now than ever in her life. After what may have been hours of dream flying, Riley took Mindy aside for some serious talking. "Do you remember when we were first becoming friends, I told you we had to be smart, because my life was in danger? Well, even though I've become so much stronger, I think the danger's gotten stronger, too. Do you feel that? I really do. And a part of me really just wants to shield you from it. But I know the danger is always going to be around. And it's up to us to keep finding new ways to beat it, until we can finally beat it for good.

"That's why I'm going to give you the share of my power that I can give to someone else. Hal is loyal, he's saved my life, and I love the guy. But power is given from the older to the younger if it wants to last. And we're playing a game that's probably going to last longer than the both of us. Do you get that? Because I'm not sure Hal would." Riley was asking if Mindy knew that theirs was the nearly-neverending fight of good versus evil. Riley was confirming her to be Riley's First.

Assuming Mindy's acceptance, Riley returned to the observatory atop her castle. She tested the extent of her powers by attempting to communicate with Halrn while she was asleep, either by way of an illusion in the physical realm or through a window in a daydream.

"Hello? Hal, can you hear me?"

Choosing Mindy the Innocent as Riley's First. Attempting to communicate with Hal in the waking world via Dream/Illusion[+2]. If that fails, Riley will just wake up and hear the news boring awake style.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

Nikita sat and caught his breath, one hand idly toying with the rings at his neck. Ada had proven formidable, and his left arm was not going to be useful for much until the lacerations she had inflicted healed up. He could only be grateful she had not managed to sever any tendons. More wounds scarred his chest and back but they were only superficial. Uncomfortable to sleep on for a while but that was scarcely a real concern. No, the real issue was if he had acted rightly. The demon-woman had admitted to slaughtering so many, but he might come regret not having her aid in the future. And her words...yes. Perhaps he was no better than she was. The priests of his homeland saw no difference in scale or intent where murder was concerned. Nikita had never had much time for their proselytizing, but their words echoed now nonetheless.

Well. What was done was done. He might have great power but he was ultimately just a man, and he had to make his choices as such. In way it was preferable. The day he no longer questioned himself was the day he lost all connection to his humanity.

Rising to his feet, he glanced a final time at Ada's body. He knew little of such things but he hoped that if demons reincarnated, that her next life would be better spent. Walking past her he stood where he had arrived and let go of this realm, willing himself back to Arcadia's desecrated chapel.

Getting the hell out of here. Freda is no doubt rather concerned.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - Crystal-Town

Hakon luxuriated in the worship of his new thralls, enjoying himself immensely as the great and the good of Crystal-Town declared their undying love and devotion. It was the following morning when Daor informed him of the news of the new danger. It was not all bad, however, as the silver lining to this disastrous news was a chastened Daor seemed to be returning to a more pleasing mode of thought. Still, the assistance of what he had little doubt was the work of a fellow artifact bearer would need to be addressed. It was fortunate he was a good distance away from Slate-Iron, as Daor's advance warning gave him time to plan.

First and most pressingly, he had the town's chief noble prepare a message for emergency dispatch to the capital. Hakon certainly lacked the forces to deal with a horde of undead hundreds of thousands strong. However, the Ice Kingdom might, and either it would win and solve the problem for him, or it would at least slow his opponent down long enough for him to come up with a counter. Once that matter was resolved, Hakon left the chief noble with the task of covertly laying the groundwork for the enthrallment of the entire populace of Crystal-Town. He wasn't certain he would be doing so immediately, but he wanted the option available to him if he needed it.

Next, Hakon turned his attention to his new thralls. First he called forth the magi. It was the first time he'd had any mage-slaves since the death of Seidhr, who had been exceptionally useful. Still, he had an idea of how he might entertain himself while he saw to the other tasks that needed to be addressed. When the magi were gathered, he spoke to them. "You have been granted the blessings of becoming my slaves. Now, I have a task to allow you to prove you worthy of the gift I have bestowed upon you. Determine how many of you are needed to ensure the city is not engulfed in ice, and to keep the constructs running. Whatever number of you remains from that will join my personal retinue, I will allow you to decide among yourselves who that might be. The test of worthiness for those of you granted that honor is to establish the baseline of what my personal magi will be, to remake yourself to my liking. Make use of whatever of my resources you require: my priests, my personal attendants, my other thralls, even a reasonable amount of my funds. All to reshape yourself in body and mind to be more fitting to your new place. When you feel are ready you will then present yourselves to me and I will judge your efforts."

The magi all quickly left to attend to their holy challenge, and Hakon very much looked forward to see what they would make of themselves. The anticipation providing a useful spice to what would be a far less interesting if more necessary endeavor. He would have to learn what he could about the icy lands, for he currently knew next to nothing, and while it was perhaps not the most enjoyable way to spend an afternoon, being tutored on the basic information about this land and its people was necessary to advance his conquest.

At the end of it all, Hakon turned his mind back to Daor. His approval at Daor's newly emerging attitude apparent to the orc through their link. His order was straightforward. "Until you see a chance to escape without discover or suspicion you will remain in hiding. Your discovery or the discovery of any information which might reveal my existence or my abilities cannot be allowed under any circumstance. In the meantime, think of your mandatory inactivity as a chance for a spiritual retreat. Time for you to consider your hubris since you were granted the privilege of becoming my First, and how you ought to truly think and behave to be worthy of that title."

Hakon's trying to figure out what to do with his new thralls for this turn so its sort of a grab bag:
  • Leader of the Town will send an appropriately serious sounding message to the capital about zombie hordes and the fall of Iron City. Once that's done he's being tasked with quietly lay the groundwork for the thralling of the entire populace so Hakon can do that at a time of his own choosing.
  • Ordering the ice magi to figure out how many of them are absolutely needed to keep the town functioning, and the rest are joining Hakon's personal retinue. As a test/means to amuse himself, Hakon is ordering them to make use of whatever of his resources (priests, money, other thralls) they reasonable require to remake themselves body and mind to better suit his tastes/aesthetic.
  • Having his other new northern thralls give him general information like it's general geography, social structure, etc.
  • Ordering Daor to remain in hiding for the moment, and use this chance as a sort of spiritual retreat to figure out how better to be his First.
Don't think any of my Qualities apply, since Hakon is mostly just hanging out while his thralls do stuff. I guess maybe Divine Body[+2] for absorbing the info from the lectures on the north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Porque no los tres?

"Send a quarter of the army to surround and take each location. The rest will remain with me as a reserve."

While Isiah had superhuman stamina, Dreadlord Incipio had the stamina of a god. Enough to sleep only an hour a day, giving him time to co-ordinate providing logistical support for all three attacks and the restraint to leave local tactical command to his living subcommanders. Ably aided by his admittedly bloodthirsty (ho ho ho) vampire general.

Per discord convo, conquer all three
Divine Body +2
Vampire General Sextus +2

• Locked thread
«18 »