Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

just lol if you aren't doing weekly full scrubs of your ZFS array

please do not sign the middle of your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

SO DEMANDING posted:

they said "weekly" not "weakly"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a useful tip for life: if you haven't used something in a year or more, dispose of it

this is applicable to both physical objects and data

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

SO DEMANDING posted:

rip lisa left eye lopes

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

just curious, why did you switch

I switched because Mozy did some sob story about how they couldn't offer unlimited anymore and I didn't want to think about marginal bytes and dollars. Crashplan had a multiyear deal but I see the rate returned the same. Since I've only got a measly 2 TB I will probably just get Dropbox or something for the critical stuff and leave the rest on redundant local storage.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
dropbox isn't a backup

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
you're right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i need more bytes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Stymie posted:

a useful tip for life: if you haven't used something in a year or more, dispose of it

this is applicable to both physical objects and data

stymie was right

• Locked thread