Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

corn in the bible posted:

do you think bj refused the transplant until they found a body with an even bigger dick

I think they had to get a new body with enough balls because BJ's originals were pretty massive, I suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Which one is this anyway? I haven't played a Koei Strategy game since Rot3K 9, which I really enjoyed. No idea which ones are good or bad or even available in English these days.
E: Oh probably Nobunaga's Ambition SoI I'm assuming.

Yes I'm the weirdo that preferred the mostly hands-off real-time battles over the classic turn based ones.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Snak posted:

There's something I'm missing. Kaz keeps saying "Now, Now!" Every time I stagger it, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do the. I thought it was shoot at the exposed missile, but it doesn't seem to do anything and onyl does 80 damage instead of 400.

I got it down to it's last health bar last time, and then every time it hit it I got that prompt...

Edit: durr, use the battle suit.

Are you playing on a legitimate copy? Because when I played Peace Walker it was on PPSSPP and Phase 2 is unbeatable on that. You get to the last bar or two of health, she gets ready to launch the nuke and no matter how much you hit her at that point she does not stop. You gotta use a cheat to get past.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is there still an actice Metal Gear Solid thread somewhere, or should I just keep posting about it here?

I'm liking Peace Walker a lot. In some ways more than V. Obviously V has some of the best controls in the franchise, and is the most visually impressive. But prace walkers tight focus and shirt missions feel a lot more like MGS than V's open world.

PW's story integration is much greater than V's also. Unfortunately, a lot PW's cutscenes are really bad and repedetive. I just beat Peace Walker (the boss fight) for the second time, and 50% of the story so far has been spent repeating the exact same shut about how Peace Walker is the ultimate deterrent. Hot Coldman has been paraphrasing the same speech every cutscene since he showed up.

25% of the story is Big Boss having forgotten the ending of snake eater and then remembering it. So it's basically stuff we've already seen. The remaining quarter of the story is actually new stuff with new characters, and it's the good part. But almost none of the cutscene time is devoted to it.

Highlight of the game so far: when I died and Cecile say "No snake! Get up! I'll do my quetzle for you kyooo kyooo!"

Like hearing her bird call was going to help me overcome getting smushed by 500 ton robot. Lol.

The Paz tapes from the mgsv phone app were a better story than this game.

Edit: ^ yeah, I'm playing the HD version on 360.

Snak fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 2, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hot Coldman

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There are a lot of good jokes in this game.

Also, I love that armageddon is avrrted by Big Biss calling NORAD and being like, "Hey, I'm Big Boss, you should trust me on this"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey i'm big boss

prove it

i juked your punk handshake

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Which one is this anyway? I haven't played a Koei Strategy game since Rot3K 9, which I really enjoyed. No idea which ones are good or bad or even available in English these days.
E: Oh probably Nobunaga's Ambition SoI I'm assuming.

Yes I'm the weirdo that preferred the mostly hands-off real-time battles over the classic turn based ones.

it's the standalone expansion for sphere of influence, ascension. i had a lot of fun conquering the area of japan i lived in, and then slowly covering my back by taking over the northern region. then ujimasa hojo died (the scripted event) and shingen takeda and i divided his land up because his son is an idiot, and after that i just took over japan :v:

taking on the oda was scary, though, because i advanced too hard against him while cleaning up uesugi and he kept wiping out my armies i was sending to take on kenshin's last stronghold... on the other hand, it did keep his northern armies from reinforcing while i advanced from the south.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It was actually the guy standing next to him's handshake.

But for real, Big Boss's "character arc" so far is hella lame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres very little story in PW until the last cutscene which is actually amazing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

hey i'm big boss

prove it

i juked your punk handshake

:eyepop: poo poo gently caress do what the man says it's him

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Theres very little story in PW until the last cutscene which is actually amazing.

Which isn't really a big deal, except there are so many empty cutscenes that just feel like filler.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

make sure you do the monster hunter missions

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I got Duck Game and Overcooked in the steam sale and holy goddamn these are fun games.

HOIP

(although there's nothing really in the first 1-2 days that interests me at first glance... :/)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

raditts posted:

I got Duck Game and Overcooked in the steam sale and holy goddamn these are fun games.

HOIP

(although there's nothing really in the first 1-2 days that interests me at first glance... :/)

Half coordinated doing neir automata sounds hype as hell but I'd rather play the game for myself first before watching a speed run

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

As it turns out, The Secret World is absolutely my jam. Its tone and setting are basically the same as Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, so much so that without knowing anything about the developers in either game, I wonder if they share any DNA.

I'm playing it as a single player game, essentially. Taking my time, exploring, completing most quests. The famous investigation / puzzle quests aren't too bad: I've had to look up some of the solutions sometimes, but I'm usually on the right track regardless. It's just a matter of having the patience to sit down and write a bunch of notes, which I don't always have.

Presumably there's a goon presence in the game but I'm enjoying playing on my own, removed from the general chat channels.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's also crazy how much Peace Walker is a prototype for V. And by that I mean how Kojima obviously really loved what he did with PW and wanted to just remake it bigger and better with V.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder what happened to Cecile Cosima Caminades

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would've been ok with the mother base stuff staying in peace walker

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I would've been ok with the mother base stuff staying in peace walker

Yeah, like, in peace walker it's not too complicated and it's really straightforward. Not too obtrusive. In V its way more complicated and involved. And necissary.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't get the thread title

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

fultoning everything was good. hanging out and mother base with everyone was also cool. base invasion and defense was bad. v would have been better with the chunk based levels and mission structure. and also with no/different skulls

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There were different skulls. But yeah, there was very little variety. PW and V both break the trend of crazy enemy unit of unique characters that literally every metal gear game had until then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

base invading was actually awesome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

It was actually the guy standing next to him's handshake.

But for real, Big Boss's "character arc" so far is hella lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvN8CcouyQ

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Snak posted:

It's also crazy how much Peace Walker is a prototype for V. And by that I mean how Kojima obviously really loved what he did with PW and wanted to just remake it bigger and better with V.

This is actually the main reason that has put me away from trying V for so long. Peace Walker was okay but I don't want to play a huge game made like that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Snak posted:

There were different skulls. But yeah, there was very little variety. PW and V both break the trend of crazy enemy unit of unique characters that literally every metal gear game had until then.

yeah but the three machines + peace walker + ZEKE + monster hunter bosses were fun and cool. v had:

quiet (cool)
skulls ambush (ehh)
metallic archaea (bad)
quiet skulls (cool)
sahelanthropus hide and seek (hmm)
sahelanthropus fight (eh)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I liked all the boss fights in V. Metallic Archaea was good.

Both Sahelanthropus fights were good.

But none of them were super memorable except Sahelanthropus 2.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Why is this thread named after a narcissistic Roman general?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In honor of this month post your favorite Roman games.

Like Ryse or Shadow of Rome

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Eternal Darkness?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Every July peas grow there

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Looking into the Shadow of Rome wikipedia page the other day and it blew my mind that Shadow of Rome 2 became Dead Rising.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
July on the couch, playing video games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hello July thread. Tried Lawbreakers since they have an open beta right now. It is bad. Peace.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Looper posted:

Half coordinated doing neir automata sounds hype as hell but I'd rather play the game for myself first before watching a speed run

It wasn't as good as momodora and there was a terrible part where he laughs for like a minute after a wiafu pun. Some great out of bounds stuff tho.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

July Chat Thread: Peas Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Would Julyke to play Puyo Puyo Tetris with me

• Locked thread