Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i thought flcl was cool in like 2004 but i tried to rewatch while going through and purging my dvds in like 2014 and nope not my thing anymore.

I tend to avoid watching/reading stuff I liked when I was younger since they will inevitably be bad.

Those loving forgotten realms books were awesome and had fantastic writing and I'm definitely never reading a single sentence from them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Prey is great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Not as an individual, but as part of an aggregate population, yes.

Data channels are a finite resource based off of infrastructure. It isn't a magical resource that springs out of the aether.

Somehow companies in other countries manage to have no data caps on their connections though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Having a data cap is like trying to solve a traffic congestion issue by limiting how much you can drive per month

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

There are plenty of cities that do odd/even rationing on driving private vehicles and it does actually work pretty well

That limits when you can drive, not how much. The equivalent would be something like you can't use netflix/stream every other day

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So, how many days before the cease and desist happens?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Why didn't they keep their fuckin mouths shut until it was finished :negative:

Well, it's coming out on saturday so they might get to release it before the inevitable C&D

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Doesn't matter since the game is apparently dependent on his servers

I guess it's just hosed then

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

Humble Capcom Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-rising-bundle

Strider and DmC for $1

Resident Evil 0/1/6 and Dead Rising 2 OTR for $6.09

Don't look at the top tier.

No DMC4, no sale

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Using wait mode in ATB defeats the whole point of the system in my opinion (and makes it far too easy)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I liked Skyrim and FO3 even though I acknowledge their flaws. I loved New Vegas.

I played FO4 for under 10 hours before I quit out of boredom.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I liked Overwatch because it let me play an FPS game competently even though I can't aim for poo poo

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 17, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordja posted:

Which, realtalk, is exactly the reason I don't like it. So many of its abilities stun or otherwise take control away from the player, or just kill a bunch of people in the area with little need for precision.

I just meant that I could play non-aim intensive classes like supports and some tanks and still be pretty good at the game.

I also managed to get good at aiming with Zenyatta but was still poo poo with everyone else.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I didint even know it still existed

It uses the Fox Engine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

They're free, which is more important than fun.

Dota got popular before it was free

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

i like that this is presented as some sort of deep insight into how knowledgable and well-read he is but everything there is insanely surface level and boring.

gently caress you Terry Pratchett is loving great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah and so is space battleship yamato, my point is that hes like "heh, I STUDIED UP' and then presents stuff that are the first five google results when you google '80s rock' 'things from japan' 'british comedy'. where're the deep cuts. tell me when this guy is referencing mushiuta or loving la-only rock bands from the mid 80s or something.

I don't actually disagree. I just wanted to say that Pratchett is great.

Some of my relatives bought me Ready player one as a gift since I like games. Good lord that book was awful (well, the beginning was awful because I couldn't bear reading more).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RE4 isn't scary at all and it is technically a (fantastic) horror game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends what you consider 'scary', stuff like the cabin defence or the first time you find a Regenerator or the Verdugo boss fight are tense as gently caress which amounts to the same thing for me.

In that case Dark souls is my favorite horror game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I've seen people compare Dark Souls to survival horror before, so I don't think it's the most farfetched idea in the world.

Scratch that, my favorite horror game is fire emblem Conquest on lunatic.

The writing in it was horrific too!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe someday Nintendo will make the good MOBA

I doubt it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it Diablo that made loot popular because if so I cannot forgive it

I'm pretty sure cavemen did that when they first saw a shiny thing

Adbot