Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I've had a copy of DDS 2 since it came out that I've never played because I never beat the first one.

The first one is the only SMT game I beat and then I never played the second despite having owned it for years (though I don't anymore).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

so what I'm getting from this is Shostakovich is Porky and we need to defeat him in turn-based combat

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Metal Gear Legacy Survive Collection for Steam

We just replaced everything with zombies. Metal Gear is now a zombie. Snake is a zombie. Otacon cosplays as a zombie. Preorder now and get hats or whatever the gently caress for Left 4 Dead 1.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Palpek posted:

Yeah, tag filtering makes discovering games on Steam an actual thing.

I was going to say too bad they only allow you to block three but thought to check it and I guess they've since updated it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Turns out the new tag block limit is 12, rats.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's a blast from the past, drat.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Breath of the Wild has kinda sucked me in now- took a while because I've never really played an open world game that was so jam-packed with stuff. Like it's basically guaranteed you'll find something if you explore in almost any direction from any point on the map.

I think I've been conditioned by other, lesser, open world games to follow little blinking dots on a minimap and basically blaze across the landscape as quickly as possible and never look back once I obtained fast-travel options.

It's great because the hard mode DLC added an additional save slot and since I've already explored the whole map I've been basically playing a new file in Master Mode with the HUD off and never unlocking towers and it's amazing how easy it is to just know where I am and where I'm going anyway.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you fuckers would just buy our expensive tv plans that give you 8000 channels that you won't watch for an absurd monthly fee then we wouldn't have to raise rates and give caps!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

a series of tubes

and sometimes, the tubes are tied

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

just tell me how to turn on the sega channel for chrissakes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ah, the unlimited saga

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nonsense, the bandwidth cap is back in Mario Odyssey and lets you download a car.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Palpek posted:

While we talk about games like that - I remember people talking about Nioh at release but then it stopped being mentioned. Did the game end up being good overall or did something happen there?

As someone who binged the poo poo out of all the test periods I still haven't gotten around to playing through it. Too much poo poo came out at the beginning of the year which after playing through a bunch of them made me go on this weird retro RPG binge that's now resulted in me playing Beyond the Beyond for some dumbass reason.

Also Zelda released DLC so I will never be rid of this awesome game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ha ha, the scammers never get me, because I know all my friend requests are fake, because I have no friends

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I've legit never had a problem with any controller I've tried to use.

This except I've used a JogCon before.

No, not Joy Con.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We can't get dictators to buy the New Game Color anymore, they'll only play the New Game White.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What would the opposite of "games as a service" be called?

Ages

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ARMs is light on content because they're doing the Splatoon thing of releasing free DLC stuff for it over time. It's getting another character next week (granted it's the boss from the single player mode but still).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just don't like Snake Man's stage because if you're both on the discs it can just be a whiff party until the timer runs out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Featuring two random non-megaman smash bros. moves for some reason?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Splathreed, which introduces the shooting zombies with bottle rockets mode.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've seen the names of dozens of mediocre Kemco RPGs and yet everything in that bundle is a new name. Christ, Kemco.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Retro Game Challenge is closer with it's looking into fake gaming magazines to cheat in fake NES games because Arino has trapped you in the 80s, or whatever it was.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Man I would've been pissed if I had paid $59.99 in 2010 money for God of War 3

I would be pissed if I paid $3 in 2017 for God of War 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I have most of them on PC now anyways, outside of exclusive titles which I'll never go back to play like Asura's Wrath.

Yeah your list is like 90% of what's on sale on XBL right now, it's not like the olden days where this poo poo is impossible to rebuy for sane prices.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, most of it's mainstream stuff, but most are worth at least five bucks a pop, right?

I wouldn't actually know, most of my knowledge of pricing stuff is from older games, but at the volume you have it's probably best to look up some trade deal somewhere. I know "lol Gamestop" but I thought I heard they were recently doing 70% extra value on trade ins for large amounts of games like that. Maybe sell the system on SA-Mart.

Personally I'd be more worried about giving up whatever digital library I have but since Microsoft is the only one that seems to care about BC anymore that's less of a problem if you don't innately hate a bone.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Hmmm, I was going to keep the hard drive for the Elite, it's a piddly little one anyways, whatever the smallest one at release was, and it's got my info on it anyways. I'm probably never going to buy another XBOX console as of right now, possibly a playstation for exclusives at some point.

If nothing else transfer all your saves to the cloud if you can get like a month of XBL because they actually keep that poo poo even if you lapse. And if you have a XB1 you can use the save without resubbing in the case that the game is BC so if you change your mind in the future it's still there.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Tomba is cool but I've never finished it

:same:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

pricing errors, like time, are fleeting.

removing this to not get anyone's hopes up.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 11, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Make a combined map of all the good metroidvanias.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was looking on Amazon to see if there were any decent Prime Day deals and the first thing on their gaming page to be completely sold out and waitlisted was a $90 Gears of War 4 replica machine gun?

You already missed the greatest Prime day deals, when they were updating listings and it was screwing up and letting brand new games go for $6.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Please play Shovel Knight, you should be able to identify Shovel Knight.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

in the post apocalypse they will hack the tombstones until they rise up with their hosts to take over humanity, effectively combining zombies and terminators into one superbeast

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I am making a serious request here, this isn't me being dismissive: someone explain to me how ATB is not just a visualization of the time until your character's next turn.

One thing I've noticed is that a ton of people just leave on "Wait" modes in games with ATB which, yeah, just ends up being a different flavor of turn-based but my fun with all those games was always leaving it on active and then coming to a boss where I need to come up with a strategy on the fly and then do it quickly or time when attacks and buffs and heals go off so that you're healing somebody right after they get hit or not triggering counters, or etc. I don't think this exactly maps out to just be turn-based, but you can make it turn-based if that makes sense.

Nothing like having to scramble to revive a guy the boss just killed right after you put in their command. Granted they've used a lot of the same strategies over the years so most of the games with ATB are just too easy to get that sort of fun out of anymore but it was great when I was young and dumb.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Strategy based on timing your turns is, in fact, based on turns.

I guess what I'm getting at is that in a strictly turn-based game you can't fail to input your turn. People can gank you before that character can do their action sure, but ATB allows you to get hit while in the middle of doing so, and maybe that doesn't make it not turn based and maybe I'm just rambling but it always just seems weird to say that it's mostly the same.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

what job should i give vaan im paralyzed

Sky pirate, I hear he wants to be one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I can't imagine a less interesting skill to develop than rapid menu navigation.

I'm just mad that doing poo poo in Excel doesn't come with epic choral music when you get to the final cell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Can you even go back to route A after beating it before going to B? I thought it just automatically started you in route B.

But don't do that in route A, you will feel really dumb about it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

raditts posted:

Isn't the Vita port of Ys Origin notoriously lovely?

I wouldn't be surprised if In Training themselves is where you've heard that, considering they're the only one I've seen talking about it and how lovely it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Congratulations UPS, you're 6/6 for destroyed packages this week, you stupid fucks.

• Locked thread