Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
HEY WHAT UP Y'ALL ITS TIME FOR VIDEOGAMES!

Games this month:
Final Fantasy 12!
Minecraft Story Mode Season 2!
Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight!
HUNTING SIMULATOR!!!! Get HYPE!

and there are no other games. that's it. no other games. what games are you planning on playing this july?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubCo3pvXNAk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

6 months into the year and i've only beaten 10 indies from 2017:

Poi, Mini-Ghost, Slime-San, Dead Cells (reviewer copy version which was shorter), Alwa's Awakening, Rise & Shine, Lit, Nefarious, A Normal Lost Phone, and Milkmaid of the Milky Way

a lot of b-grade games at best, my top three are probably Alwa, Dead Cells and Slime-San. weakest would probably be either Lit or Nefarious

I still own these yet to play: Brigador Up-Armored Edition, The Tenth Line, Stories Untold, Morphblade

I also played the sneak peek of Hollow Knight which I liked and a demo of Splasher which was super good, but don't own either yet

The Tenth Line feels like a euro rpg from the 90s, in that it has furries and is needlessly complicated

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am playing and like cod black ops

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

It's good but is there a less appealing video game abbreviation/acronym than cod blops

THE NUMBERS MASON

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it's a good argument against having demos, in terms of financial conversion

ON THE OTHER HAND, the following demos DID make me want to buy the game:

Hollow Knight
Battle Princess Madelyn
Indivisible
DOOM
Splasher

And then I actually did go out and get these games after playing their demos: Virginia, and The Eyes of Ara

puyo puyo tetris just made a bad demo in that it gives you all you need. another example is Bravely Default which has a demo that has like 3-4 hours of content. like, thanks for the generous portion Square but you overstuffed me on the appetizer and now you want me to buy the full course meal? i'm good

if you play that BD demo five times you'll have experienced the full game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lol that wolfenstein literally has ancient jewish magic robot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

do you think bj refused the transplant until they found a body with an even bigger dick

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

guy mann is always wrong so i predict the game will NOT have that choice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i cant handle bj having a new body, its blowing my mind, my mind has been blown and now i hate heterosexuality and america and am joining a commune im a communist

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

Wow, gently caress peace walker round 2. Shot at that thing for 30 minutes until I ran out of ammo, then died.

I don't understand, I'm shooting it in its weakest points.

yeah so now you get to grind again

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

It was actually the guy standing next to him's handshake.

But for real, Big Boss's "character arc" so far is hella lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvN8CcouyQ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Between DOOM and Titanfall 2, it was a good year for shooters.

i picked up the modern warfare remaster today and am going to play it. i'm going to enjoy it!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sunning posted:

Ghost Babel feels like a testbed for MGS5's ideas, such as doppelgangers, an anti-Fox unit, and language as a means of control. IIRC, it was solely written by Tomokazu Fukushima, the co-writer of the first three MGS games.

it also has a disappointing ending and plot that doesn't fit with anything we've heard before or anybody's motivations so it's really exactly like mgsv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2_OZRY4g1M

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the modern warfare remake also came out last year

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Prop hunt is amazing but locking it behind a prepurchase cod game is bullcrap

as of last week it's got a standalone release........ but only for the ps4 for some reason

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the multiplayer in remastered is terrible due to many, many stupid decisions. but the campaign is of course still very good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Bfe wasn't like, terrible but there were too many enemies.

I still beat it tho. That last level in bfe can gently caress right off, I had over 2800 kills in a level that was just a long corridor and it took a good hour and a half.

What's a good serious Sam? I probably have more than one rattling around my steam library.

the first one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Doom 1's par time broke my brain permanently and made me realize how boring all FPS campaigns are because the idea of killing guys to cross arbitrary respawn borders or listen to more story is the last thing a game should be when the mechanics are you being able to ruthlessly slaughter every with the push of a button.

:psyduck:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

never play games on hard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Palpek posted:

Another FPS mechanic lost to time: how shooting from cover worked in CoJ: Bound in Blood.

There should be a video game pope announcing perfect video game mechanics that henceforth are to be treated as standard in titles that decide to feature them like the grappling hook in Dying Light.

software patents

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

The problem is tons of good ideas get picked up and implemented in the genre but once a few games do them, gamers get sick of the mechanic, start talking about it like it's ruining the purity of genre and go back to complaining that the genre ever moved beyond Doom.

or they get patented, you know, and then nobody can use them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

flcl covenant will be disappointing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i dont have persona 5 but i'm expecting when all is said and done to prefer TMS #FE. having not played either. it's just a hunch

who could possibly care

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dragonshirt posted:

Should I trade my PS4 and 3DS for a Switch?

Why would you do that when there's literally five Switch games

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

is that from crusader kings 2, evil genius 2, or the telltale game of thrones. hard to follow sometimes

thats spy from tf3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bloodychill posted:

corn the lack of a thread subtitle, dadjoke, or pun is shameful.

they killed my dadjoke, i'm sorry, it never had a chance

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

babypolis posted:

games are super optimized these days wrt space though. At least thats been true for me, It's rare to see stuff thats over 40 gigs

that is because a dual layer bluray is 50gb

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSbqIFQ63s

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCIGuQY-6rU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Corn's thread joke is back!

Hooray!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Enslaved having collectable orbs sort of works to the detriment of the narrative when trip is like come here save me and monkey is like i gotta get to trip but the player is running a lazy circuit around the room for currency orbs

it sort of works to the detriment of the narrative is a good description of most things in that game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Also the DOS era Fellowship of the Ring RPG was real good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

aside from having pretty bad UI/controls even for a DOS game, yeah it actually was very good

and there were two of them actually, the Two Towers one is slightly the better of the two

I disagree, Fellowship is more open and they take advantage of that to add in cool stuff for if you do go back and revisit Bree or whatever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

How did The Surge turn out? I heard rumblings that it wasn't as bad as Lords of the Fallen.

It's good, except for the bosses which are awful. But there's only, what, five? So whatever, not a big deal.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

A souls clone with 5 bosses? That sounds weird

the normal enemies are tough enough

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The locational armor/resource system is really awesome

Yeah, and there's definitely Real Tough Enemies in various dramatic places to serve as roadblocks or whatever... they just don't get the special boss health bars and thus respawn if you die. Which is good, because of how you get weapons and armor.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hitman 2016 falls into "games as service" I think. Pay for a constant drip-feed of content over the course of a season. Presumably there will eventually be a season 2 I can buy piecemeal or as a season pass.

well...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

metroid 2 sucked

• Locked thread