Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought this was going to about that doctor that wanted to do IRL head transplants and also sue Kojima before I clicked this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Snak posted:

Wow, gently caress peace walker round 2. Shot at that thing for 30 minutes until I ran out of ammo, then died.

I don't understand, I'm shooting it in its weakest points.
You probably need to research more powerful weapons.

Peace Walker runs more on RPG logic I guess than classic Metal Gear logic.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

Every July peas grow there
July Chat Thread: Peas Walker

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Of the recent Scotts that I've seen The Martian is the only one that really bothered me. It's just so visually bland looking, despite being set on fuckin' Mars.

How do you make Mars look so boring?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

well... it's mars

Why is there a rat in that picture? Are you sure it's Mars?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I keep thinking of getting Yooka-Laylee but of the Rare platformers of the old days Banjo-Kazooie is the only I really liked in retrospect. Tooie and DK64 just seemed like they had too much of everything, and I'm not sure I want to put up with that again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's alright.

Like GoT is flawed but I liked it more than Batman, Michonne, and maybe Walking Dead Season 3.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 5, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

Batman and WD:S3 are way way better than GoT.
I'm torn on WD:S3 because while I think the stuff with Javier and his brother is pretty good, the actual New Frontier is completely terrible and the way Clementine is integrated into the game is kind of dumb.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What's weird in season 3 is that they try to transfer the player's attachment to Clementine onto Javier, so you get these weird decisions that boil down to Javier asking himself "Do I help my family I've been through thick and thin with, or do I help this random 11 year old I just met"?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs posted:

They still do it in Clementine's flashbacks in Season 3, even though Jane/Kenny has already been revealed to be dead in the very first one. So... no, it won't matter that they remember I said a thing, they are deceased.
Well maybe it's because I got the Wellington ending in Season 2, but as far as I know Kenny is still alive in my season 3 since there was never any flashback with him for me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Neko Atsume is the best idle game that I haven't seen anyone play

Huh I did not expect Petscop to go back in this direction.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There's a character in Persona 5 who's a hardcore gamer, and he wears the "GET SMOKED" cap.

Part of his questline involves beating up quite possibly the most immoral character in the entire game- a guy that cheats at video games. You can't even damage him the first time you fight him because he's loving cheating at the fight lmao.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like your Kirby avatar, VideoGames.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kirby's Dream Land 2 was actually the first video game I ever owned. Sadly, I lost my physical copy many years ago.

Got it again on a whim from the 3DS shop a year or so ago. I should go back to it at some point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope no one was hurt at least. :smith:

That really sucks, GUI.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I'm going to start an organisation called VGP: The Video Game Police. It will help prevent and solve crimes like this.
Do you solve identity theft crimes related to video games too?

Asking for a friend.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Apollo Creed's performance of "Living in America" in Rocky IV was a character, Chibodee Crockett piloting his Gundam Maxter would be that character.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It annoys me that Xbox One X is almost but not quite an acronym for Xbox.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I never could really get into Miyazaki or Ghibli in general. Something about their style just seems offputting to me most of the time.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I always preferred Satoshi Kon's films to Miyazaki's, their psychological fragility and deep-seated melancholy always spoke to me more
Yeah Kon always worked way better for me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

littleorv posted:

i bought Final Fantasy 7

Kill me
That's a shame, I was just about to buy it for you too.

Now you will have to live knowing that you could have gotten Final Fantasy VII for free.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I took as my inspiration the main character of the Western Duck, You Sucker, an ex-IRA revolutionary fighter who fought people by throwing sticks of dynamite at them (Explosives/Repair/Speech)
I hope you were true to the film and said "Duck, you sucker" every single time you threw that dynamite.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Golden Girls loving owns.

Nate RFB posted:

The Laura Palmer funko pop got a good laugh out of me.
Is that the one of her dead corpse? It seemed in really bad taste to me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

raditts posted:

Have there been any Pawn Stars episodes where someone was trying to offload their Beanie Baby collection?
I saw one the other day where someone had like a hundred early prints of Charizard Pokemon cards.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Phantasium posted:

Square kicks CC2 to the curb. A month or less later CC2 announces a rerelease of one of their episodic RPG series in one package with nice upgrades and that it's 80% complete.
Maybe FF7Remake kept putting playtesters into comas until CC2 was kicked off of the project. :tinfoil:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oddium posted:

if it was my job to bully a robot all day i would be 100% constantly afraid of some ghost in the machine being like, "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I used to live in the year 2005. Things seemed okay then, can't blame anyone for wanting to hold onto part of that era.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Here in 2017 on this morning I have a bad headache so I think I'm going to go make and then drink some coffee and then stare longingly out the window at the forest.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I came here to talk about anime and video games and movies because despite all of SA's problems it's still a better place than most of the rest of the internet to discuss those things.

I can't actually remember how I first found the forums themselves though, and hell I didn't even know the terrible front page existed for the longest time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's what the myths our forefathers left us speak of anyways.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

If I didn't discuss games here then where else would I go, neogaf? Yuck.
I tried Neogaf before SA and jesus christ not even I could put up with that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Burn Reddit down IMO, the title is barely even wordplay.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Also Reddit often appears in the stdh.txt bread and I kind of need that
Nah dude I think that's just mold of some kind.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I used to be a part of a film subreddit that restored an old silent film by Frank Borzage that wasn't easily available to the public.

It turned out to not only be racist propaganda about how evil Asians are, and not only had information been freely available this whole time that people running the restoration just didn't even bother to Google, but the drat movie itself had already been uploaded online for several years by someone else.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I like stories w/ feels so I've always been intrigued by TLG but bad controls are probably my #1 dealbreaker. A tense situation.
Did you not play Ico or SotC? I haven't played TLG myself yet but neither of those games had good controls either. Ico in particular had some real dumb jumps you had to make at times.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wtf am I reading?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Andrast posted:

In that case Dark souls is my favorite horror game
I've seen people compare Dark Souls to survival horror before, so I don't think it's the most farfetched idea in the world.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is Ready Player One even like trying to say something about all of this poo poo its referencing?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I remember reading like a third of this terrible book called something like Why Video Games Matter and the author at no point actually made anything resembling an argument about why video games matter. I skipped ahead a bit and there was a weird rant about Demon's Souls toward the end.

The author later helped Greg Sestero write The Disaster Artist though so he at least made up for it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like Sam Mendes' stage version of Cabaret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Chinatown was already a largely metafictional film too but its really hard not to see Polanski within John Huston's character (Himself already a famous film director from the classic Hollywood era).

• Locked thread