Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm starting XCOM 2 again, who wants into my army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh hey it remembered Cjacobs, Oddium, FAK and Red Bones somehow.
:coffeepal:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh hey it remembered Cjacobs, Oddium, FAK and Red Bones somehow.
:coffeepal:

*sheepishly restarts but with the tutorial enabled this time* this may no longer be true

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Hey July games thread, if you made a spicy dinner that was based around a squid girl pop star and a legendary pokemon would it be Callie Entei? Peace

Jesus dude

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oddium, Cjacobs and Red Bones, good news: y'all are my starter guys along with the default-rear end Jane Kelly.

Red Bones, if you don't post in the thread soon I might give your guy to another user.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oddium has reprised her role as a drone lady, though she's sleeping off a few bullet wounds at the moment.

I wanna say these are the classes they were before? CJacobs definitely is. That's neat.

Still my favorite.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Make me the gay one

you asked for this

Snak posted:

Ooh I want in!

That reminds me, how playable is XCom2 on ps4?

It's pretty good, though I wish it made use of the touch pad.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Second mission was a success, with gay man evolving to gay man with sword, and Joseph Joestar developing his stand Hacker Purple. Everyone is very wounded.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I'll do it

Darn tootin' you'll do it, and you're gonna show those x-rays the meaning of the word tetanus.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey, don't kinkshame.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

XCOM 2 trip report: getting the entire squad maimed early on sort of stifled early operations. Oddium and the sword boys have flourished alongside Cjacobs and her trusty gatling gun. FAK has languished somewhat due to his injury and the game just not automatically picking him after that, and Red Bones, our only sniper, remains shaken by the sight of defenseless civilians being mowed down at a resistance camp.

Having a squad that regularly features two sword boys has proven frighteningly effective. Soon we strike at the ADVENT Blacksite, where hopefully FAK will earn a level or two.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I had no idea what to do with Snak's av, but I figured a huge gun would fit. May you live long enough to receive cooler gear and styles, Mad Max avatar man.

I think I woke Precision.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ah poo poo, who do I give the mindjack to for this next mission, ah gently caress

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Don't you hate ff12 corn?

I had no idea FF12 had its own kind of corn.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't usually like strategy games, but I like XCOM. I wonder why that is.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can someone break down what's in the XCOM 2 DLCs? I basically only know that they exist. Are they any good?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Phantasium posted:

One thing I've noticed is that a ton of people just leave on "Wait" modes in games with ATB which, yeah, just ends up being a different flavor of turn-based but my fun with all those games was always leaving it on active and then coming to a boss where I need to come up with a strategy on the fly and then do it quickly or time when attacks and buffs and heals go off so that you're healing somebody right after they get hit or not triggering counters, or etc. I don't think this exactly maps out to just be turn-based, but you can make it turn-based if that makes sense.

Nothing like having to scramble to revive a guy the boss just killed right after you put in their command. Granted they've used a lot of the same strategies over the years so most of the games with ATB are just too easy to get that sort of fun out of anymore but it was great when I was young and dumb.

Strategy based on timing your turns is, in fact, based on turns.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Can someone break down what's in the XCOM 2 DLCs? I basically only know that they exist. Are they any good?

C'mon enough of this ATB chat, I got financial decisions to make

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ok noted, but are the customization options cool or good? This is a factor.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jesus

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

With great promotions comes great hair. Congrats on making sergeant, oddium!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

loving hell, I forgot about the Codex. :argh:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Everyone missed the evac. I feel like that's a reload.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Operation just shoot the guy and book it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A technical success. The stakes have never been higher.

...we paid a lot for those guns.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Are you playing on Ultra Hard or something

Nah, just the terrible luck, with a pinch of amateur mistakes to taste.

Also, my first brush with the Codex which happened to be on a timed mission.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 13, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did a few quick and dirty XCOM boys before bed.

The White Dragon posted:

make me the :420: one

Edmond Dantes posted:

Put me in coach.

StrixNebulosa posted:

If you need fresh blood put me in?

https://twitter.com/pwnmanexe/status/885403550498598912

I could not be more pleased with Strix.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Looper posted:

my girlfriend got me this for my birthday and help i'm dead

stop inhaling its gases

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

What about me. :(

Whoops, forgot to post you. Looks like we still have a grenadier after all!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think I might save everyone to the character pool and start over and prioritize weapon/armor research. Are there any research items within the main questline/tutorial I really need to go for quickly, or should I just back burner it all until I've got plated armor and magnetic weapons?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

babypolis posted:

you should put off the story research for a while, yeah. In the early and mid game you can manage the avatar project progress by prioritizing going after the blacksite and any other facilities that pop up while you research better weapons and armor

Owned by following the advice of the tutorial...
:negative:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/885315402183589890

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Everyone please take a moment to mourn my XCOM2 campaign which I'm going to be scrapping in an hour when I get home.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

But you're gonna start again, right?

Yes!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

XCOM 2 needs a cutscene where the head scientist looks directly into the camera and says "research guns"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

How is that not the thing you care most about anyway?

tutorial bad

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

First person to quote this who wasn't in the run I just aborted gets to replace Kelly.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dangerously cheesy.

poo poo I couldn't get to you yet due to the tutorial, also none of my other rookies were from the goon list somehow :negative:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

You can force it to draw from certain pools iirc. If you don't deselect the default pool then your game will auto-populate with them + whatever else you have.

Not on PS4 apparently!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

One day, New Snak will shed his cocoon of featurelessness and mystery. Or die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Idunno, Ice-9 is a very powerful spell

• Locked thread