Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

These are always so quaint to look back on when the talent debuts in NXT and/or do a Jericho podcast where they say the incompetent management and creative didn't know what to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Taintrunner posted:

IS THAT... IS THAT BLACK REIGN?!

GFW has been blocked on Twitter.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Jerusalem posted:

After he won the title he called his best friends into the ring - from memory it was Eddie Edwards, Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly - and thanked them for always being there for him through good times and bad. He mentioned "That poo poo with Jan" in relation to a bad relationship breakup he went through. I honestly don't remember him saying much more about her than that but for a little while afterwards in here there was at least one poster who acted like it was something Davey brought up constantly and wouldn't shut up about (maybe he did another promo where he did?)
"That poo poo with Jan" was definitely the line I was thinking of, I think the rise of Richards/Edwards coincided pretty well with me drifting off from regularly attending NYC RoH shows and following the DVDs/IPPVs closely, and I wasn't ever mega-impressed with Davey prior to that, so I'm sure that "Davey gives longwinded promos about his personal problems" stuck in my mind even if there may or may not have been that much basis in fact.

Then another dozen or so stories about Davey being a bridge burning jerk came out so I felt further justified in my mental burial of the dude. Thank you for setting the record straight about that poo poo with Jan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That youtube video seems like prime WCW Hotline nonsense from 20 years ago

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

grack posted:

So Moose is Aron Rex?

No I'm Aron Rex irl, ama

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone post that Aron Rex meme

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

No I'm Aron Rex irl, ama

I just wanted to say.... thank you.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

I just wanted to say.... thank you.

you're welcome

Taintrunner posted:

someone post that Aron Rex meme

:aronrex:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

you're welcome

His story checks out, people!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

you're welcome

No no the one with his long rear end speech about taking opportunities

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Aron Rex appears to be working on some project with Dolph Ziggler's brother and is doing comedy club appearances with him. I can't wait to see their magnum opus.

Also,

quote:

Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

Tato fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 27, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hot young briley

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyway as far as nemeths go, if you disqualify murderers, hot young briley easily has the best twitter

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Taintrunner posted:

They should just keep doing this, but with increasingly older and and older footage.

Welcome to the violent world... of Frank Parker.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA (shut up, it's TNA) cancelled their Connecticut house show because of low attendance logistical issues lol

http://impactwrestling.com/bridgeport-conn-live-event-update/

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Actually it was a logistics issue - they couldn't find chairs for all four people that showed up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

I've never seen the shine go off of someone quite like Moose has. Two years ago he was a hot prospect but then he went to GFW and he lost it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

I've never seen the shine go off of someone quite like Moose has. Two years ago he was a hot prospect but then he went to GFW and he lost it.

There's always Matt Morgan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Matt Morgan was at least there when TNA was spending big money, and the moment they stopped shelling it out he found something way better to do with his time.

What's the excuse for being where Moose is except desperation?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Rhonne posted:

How could they miss a can't miss prospect?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA (shut up, it's TNA) cancelled their Connecticut house show because of low attendance logistical issues lol

http://impactwrestling.com/bridgeport-conn-live-event-update/

These are typically sold shows so that is a really bad sign.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Testekill posted:

domestic violence charges tend to kill forward momentum in wrestling. In football that'd get them an extra 100k.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/pwpodcasts/status/891166368053297156

But Moose did.
+

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MAKE INPACT GREAT AGAIN

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not seeing how these two things contradict?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

According to PWInsider.com, GFW recently attempted to trademark the phrases “Broken Matt”, “Brother Nero”, “Broken Brilliance” and “Vanguard1”. However, all four names were refused by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

With regards to the “Broken Matt” name, this was likely refused to GFW as Matt Hardy has already applied to trademark “Broken Matt Hardy.” For GFW to get the trademark approved, they would have to provide a valid argument that it does not conflict with Matt Hardy’s claim. Once the argument is filed, GFW would have to wait on the USPTO’s decision on Matt’s claim, since he filed for the trademark first. Secondly, since the trademark applies to a living person, GFW would likely have to get permission from Matt Hardy, which is not likely given the current relationship.

With regards to “Brother Nero”, that was refused as GFW did not indicate if it applied to a living person, and Jeff Hardy’s legal middle name is Nero.

“Broken Brilliance” was denied because GFW did not specify whether or not the phrase has pro wrestling significance or is simply a “term of art” in wrestling.

“Vanguard1” was likely denied due to resemblance of other, similar terms.

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/866865-gfws-initial-attempts-at-trademarking-broken-gimmick-reportedly-refused#tJzHDJhJZuFkYMz6.99

DELIGHTFUL

grack
Jan 10, 2012

If TNA really wanted to trademark all that stuff why'd they wait so long?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

grack posted:

They only trademarked it once they realized that Matt & Jeff were leaving, that's why

grack
Jan 10, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

They only trademarked it once they realized that Matt & Jeff were leaving, that's why

So the answer is, yet again, TNA is stupid.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also the change in management. Dixie seemed more than happy to let them do whatever while Jeff Jarrett seemed to be at odds with them the moment he was back in charge.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

grack posted:

it's possible they realized it'd piss the hardys off and matt would quit if they tried. and as long as everyone was getting along just fine and they were under contract anyway why worry about it? it's only become an issue now that jarrett kicked them out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

it's possible they realized it'd piss the hardys off and matt would quit if they tried. and as long as everyone was getting along just fine and they were under contract anyway why worry about it? it's only become an issue now that jarrett kicked them out.
Jarrett didn't exactly kick them out, just offered them contracts that were a complete joke while they were the hottest thing in the US at the time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Jarrett didn't exactly kick them out, just offered them contracts that were a complete joke while they were the hottest thing in the US at the time.

While also telling them that if they didn't like it, then they could just go to the WWE.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rhonne posted:

While also telling them that if they didn't like it, then they could just go to the WWE.

Ain't he great?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And at this point there is literally no other reason to try and hold on to the IP except pettiness. It's a property you literally cannot monetise AND one that selling would get you both a cash injection as well as stopping Reby (and the boys) to stop talking poo poo about you. That rumour about them wanting 50% of the merch revenue from the gimmick either has to be made up or is such a blatant fake offer that was intended to get Matt to kill the deal. Like, even if they'd agreed, WWE are never going to make merch that a rival promotion gets a cut of, so it by definition would prevent them from using the gimmick until their WWE deal is up.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Does this mean WWE is free to use the Broken gimmick then or what?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Until Matt and Jeff lock up legal rights to use it without any possible fear of a lawsuit, WWE won't touch it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Why did Anthem buy TNA again? They don't seem to have any desire to put any money into the company or pay the wrestlers. The only thing they want to spend money on is a losing legal battle with the Hardys. Does the Anthem pres just like getting drunk and doing rails with JJ?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tato posted:

Why did Anthem buy TNA again? They don't seem to have any desire to put any money into the company or pay the wrestlers. The only thing they want to spend money on is a losing legal battle with the Hardys. Does the Anthem pres just like getting drunk and doing rails with JJ?

Anthem own the Fight Network IIRC and they're always in need of stuff to fill time. Basically they want the content and are bankrolling TNA but are keeping the budget relatively tight even if they'll never make a profit from TNA itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Has TNA ever made a profit? I've heard Cornette alluding to the company actually making money in 2009 but I'm not sure I believe that.

• Locked thread