Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can see them being in a bit of a corner because of all the taped stuff they've already done revolving around ADR, but this is a live event so.... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Worst part of that is he's probably not even gonna show up.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Edge & Christian posted:

Death Crew Council has been gone for awhile. James Storm is back to being a beer drinkin' cowboy after somehow turning into a Bray Wyatt Cult Leader and a weird Mime Mask Gang Leader over the course of the past 36 months.
It's a shame DCC never won the tag titles, it would have been quite the culmination of his storied tag career:

1) Tag titles with Chris Harris
2) Tag titles again with Chris Harris like six months later
3) Won them the third time in a year
4. A fourth AMW title win!
5) Somehow Triple X and AMW switched tags partners, a fourth tag title reign with Chris Daniels
6) AMW, five time champions!
7) Sorry, six times!
8) Beer Money wins the titles!
9) Beer Money wins them again!
10) Whoops, Beer Money wins it for a third time!
11) Beer Money wins the belts for Fourtune!
12) James Storm teams up with Gunner I guess and wins the titles!
13) Now James Storm is Bray Wyatt and he and Abyss win the tag titles for THE REVOLUTION
14) Sadly, the Death Crew Council never won the titles :(

Maybe when he recovers from his Slammiversary injuries he can be granted ceremonial tag titles 13-17 so that they can claim he is better than Cena OR Flair

I thought you were joking, but nope he has actually been NWA tag champ 7 times and TNA tag champ 7 times. I'm not sure what reign you missed but that's pretty incredible. I guess if you've had almost your entire career with the same company for 15 years it's not too crazy, sort of like Billy Gunn.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sono posted:

So they'd only have shoot submission finishes? Or.. wtf

yeah if you go back and look at the 05-07 era results, There were like 5 submission finishes. Joe would always do the kokina clutch, lose it and then finish with a muscle buster.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also because GFW is a real promotion again I went back and edited the OP

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TMZ gave up on what the name of the promotion is:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/885174949136130048

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rovert posted:

TMZ gave up on what the name of the promotion is:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/885174949136130048

Is this going to be one of those suspensions TNA loves - served entirely off-camera with tv appearances already in the can and he's back just in time for the next taping.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Is this going to be one of those suspensions TNA loves - served entirely off-camera with tv appearances already in the can and he's back just in time for the next taping.

I mean yeah, but on the other hand it's not as if anyone is watching anyway so...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're not even going to take the title off him. Amazing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They will strip him and then have a one day tournament to crown a new champion, which he will also win. It is TNA tradition that must be passed on to GFW.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Doesn't he know you beat women ON camera with TNA?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OldTennisCourt posted:

Doesn't he know you beat women ON camera with TNA?

no, you beat off to women on camera.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

coconono posted:

no, you beat off to women on camera.

In a trash can.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

coconono posted:

I'm still impressed the Ultimate X rigging hasn't fallen onto the audience or collapsed.

Didn't one of the ring crew die taking the Ultimate X set down after a PPV?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

Didn't one of the ring crew die taking the Ultimate X set down after a PPV?

I vaguely recall this too. Either that or a really bad injury.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They're not even going to take the title off him. Amazing.

Remember when Roode was facing Angle for the world title at Bound for Glory 2011 and a few days before the PPV Angle got a DUI (or was it the restraining order, or being caught with steroids, or all three?) and everyone was convinced that Angle HAD to lose the title because of that?
https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/125437560418865152

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
During the first Ultimate X, the belt fell down twice, and the wrestlers just froze and stared at it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

try the new taco place posted:

During the first Ultimate X, the belt fell down twice, and the wrestlers just froze and stared at it.

And thus the Reverse Ultimate X match was born

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
My favorite TNA memory is still one of the Feast or Fired matches with the four briefcases on poles.

Early on they did the lucha-trainwreck sequence where everyone just dives from the ring into the pile of people already outside, one at a time. Samoa Joe was the only person still in the ring and had an uncontested path to as many briefcases as he wanted.

So he just shrugged and plowed into the pile of bodies once they all stood up without grabbing a case. He never ended up with a case that year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Senshi (aka Low-Ki) was leaving the company for WWE. Instead of having his briefcase be opened to reveal he had been fired, they had him lose the briefcase.

This is the most TNA thing when it comes to Feast or Fired.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Senshi (aka Low-Ki) was leaving the company for WWE. Instead of having his briefcase be opened to reveal he had been fired, they had him lose the briefcase.

This is the most TNA thing when it comes to Feast or Fired.

Years later I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
gently caress Low-Ki. I had to carry that stupid bastard out of a USA Pro show because he was upset over what he thought was a screw job.

Yes, that famous picture of him being carried out is far from the first time that has happened.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress Low-Ki. I had to carry that stupid bastard out of a USA Pro show because he was upset over what he thought was a screw job.

Yes, that famous picture of him being carried out is far from the first time that has happened.

Lmao I'm gonna need more details about this because it sounds hilarious

Does he seriously basically pitch a fit every time and force people to remove him?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Did you hold him like a little baby?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Low Ki and Laycool was lelgit good tv and i was sad when they hosed that up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Low Ki and Laycool was lelgit good tv and i was sad when they hosed that up.

:(:hf::sigh:

I thought that thing would have had at least a little bit of legs to it before they broke it all up. Though I can't remember if they shifted him off to a different show first or he quit so quickly that nothing had time to develop.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJExile posted:

Does he seriously basically pitch a fit every time and force people to remove him?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I thought that thing would have had at least a little bit of legs to it before they broke it all up. Though I can't remember if they shifted him off to a different show first or he quit so quickly that nothing had time to develop.

Laycool went to hug him after a match and he was sweaty so they dumped him.

That's it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DJExile posted:

Gorgolflox posted:

Did you hold him like a little baby?

This was back in 2001 or 2002 in USA Pro, an indy promotion based out of Queens/Long Island. Low-Ki is extremely paranoid and pays a ridiculous amount of attention to every aspect of his booking and matches, to the point that anything fishy makes him lose his goddamn mind. He's convinced that every promoter is out to take advantage of his talent, then screw him out of the spotlight. It's not even money that he's worried about, he got paid at every show I worked. He just thinks that there are people out there that exist only to bury him. So yeah, one night he fought Balls Mahoney for a #1 contendership to the USA Pro "World" title and, even though he went over, still pitched a fit because he felt there was too much interference after the finish of the match and it robbed him of his moment of glory. He was supposed to be left laying, but he kept getting back up and screaming "This is bullshit!" at the crowd until we had to jump in and literally carry him the gently caress out. I caught a stray punch from him that hit me in the temple and I refused to go near him after that.

He's a pathetic whiny poo poo and it eclipses any of the actual talent he has.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I knew this I just didn't know it became a thing beyond that. Like I knew he was a dick and was carried out once but to force that to happen multiple times? That's incredible

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DJExile posted:

Yeah I knew this I just didn't know it became a thing beyond that. Like I knew he was a dick and was carried out once but to force that to happen multiple times? That's incredible

That picture is actually a few years after the incident with which I was involved. That was not a one time thing, just the one that was photographed and reported on the most.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
You would think with how much he wants to be seen as an irl super bad rear end he would just do MMA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You would think with how much he wants to be seen as an irl super bad rear end he would just do MMA

I would take great joy in watching some guy with only high school wrestling experience sit on him for 15 minutes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What was that Chris Hero story with Low-Ki from his shoot just before WWE? Something about Low-Ki throwing some kind of quiet tantrum in the middle of the match and trying to break Hero's nose intentionally

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

RealFoxy posted:

What was that Chris Hero story with Low-Ki from his shoot just before WWE? Something about Low-Ki throwing some kind of quiet tantrum in the middle of the match and trying to break Hero's nose intentionally

That wouldn't surprise me at all. We learned to look for the signs of him deciding "gently caress EVERYTHING!!" mid-match and knew we'd have to deal with the post-match shenanigans.

For context, I was hired as a crowd plant known as "rear end in a top hat Fan" that wore a giant cow-print cowboy hat and cheered for the heels while making GBS threads on the faces. I would regularly get dragged into the ring at some point to put over faces. A perfect example is the time that I spent the entire show eating Doritos from a bag with a microphone on my chest. Finally Mikey Whipwreck dragged me out of the crowd and did a moonsault on me, but not before putting the bag of Doritos on my chest first.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A perfect example is the time that I spent the entire show eating Doritos from a bag with a microphone on my chest. Finally Mikey Whipwreck dragged me out of the crowd and did a moonsault on me, but not before putting the bag of Doritos on my chest first.

ahahahaha i love this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That wouldn't surprise me at all. We learned to look for the signs of him deciding "gently caress EVERYTHING!!" mid-match and knew we'd have to deal with the post-match shenanigans.

For context, I was hired as a crowd plant known as "rear end in a top hat Fan" that wore a giant cow-print cowboy hat and cheered for the heels while making GBS threads on the faces. I would regularly get dragged into the ring at some point to put over faces. A perfect example is the time that I spent the entire show eating Doritos from a bag with a microphone on my chest. Finally Mikey Whipwreck dragged me out of the crowd and did a moonsault on me, but not before putting the bag of Doritos on my chest first.
i love the idea that low-ki got outpowered and forcibly dragged out of the arena by a guy in a giant cowboy hat whose only wrestling experience was getting moonsaulted by mikey whipwreck

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jerusalem posted:

That must have been their test run for Daniel Bryan: Vegan Nerd Virgin and the Bella Twins.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Endorph posted:

i love the idea that low-ki got outpowered and forcibly dragged out of the arena by a guy in a giant cowboy hat whose only wrestling experience was getting moonsaulted by mikey whipwreck
He might kick real tough but he's also like 5'3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

RealFoxy posted:

He might kick real tough but he's also like 5'3

That's why its funny. For all his "I AM WARRIOR" poo poo literally any average person could probably kick his rear end

• Locked thread