Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

today, 30 years ago, the original metal gear came out

thanks kojima

Thank you, Kojima-san.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Weekend gaming is gonna be the MSX games. I'll probably just use PC emulators unless there's a reason to play the Legacy Collection version?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The novelty of playing a MSX emulator on a PS3, and it might just be easier to get running

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought i was done with MGS3 but Im going to stream myself trying to get a functioning game of MGO1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

I hope someday all the cut MGS2 Content surfaces again, I hope when it was removed it wasn't just completely deleted

There's a lot of cool stuff in The Document of MGS2, which is probably all on YouTube. When they hadn't settled on an art style, they actually toyed with using Shinkawa's art style for character models so you can see what that looked like. I'm glad they decided against it because as beautiful as Shinkawa's style is it looked awful in practice.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

by god..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got like 70% there but I would have had to start forwarding ports specifically and that's where I tap out. I don't know how computers work

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I got like 70% there but I would have had to start forwarding ports specifically and that's where I tap out. I don't know how computers work

https://www.google

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just kidding i dont know what those are either. may be i would if i googled it though ?> could be worth a try. might be worth trying to google it. haha just yanking your chain. https://www.google.com

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I've tried to port forward it's never worked and I have no clue why. Ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a copyright takedown notice from Twitch for streaming the ending credit song from MGS3.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I got a copyright takedown notice from Twitch for streaming the ending credit song from MGS3.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdX7j0w5zj4

heres the song. gently caress off Konami!!! You cant tell me what to do!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

I hope someday all the cut MGS2 Content surfaces again, I hope when it was removed it wasn't just completely deleted

Kojima's original design document for the game proposes the title as 'MGS3'
"Instead of proceeding on to MGS2, as one might expect, we are making MGS3. The question in peoples’ minds, ‘Why is it 3 and not 2?’ will have a big impact."

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
because 7 ate 9

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I theorize it's because MGS is supposed to be two games (a remake of both Metal Gear 1 and 2, but it borrows more heavily from the latter).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

because 7 ate 9

lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the design doc for mgs2 is pretty nuts

this was in what, 98, 99? maybe it was just in the air at the time

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fantasy MGSV DLC where Snake is dropped in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

Fantasy MGSV DLC where Snake is dropped in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war.

That's what's MGS4 Act 1 is

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

That's what's MGS4 Act 1 is

I think he means the 80s war between them.

Mgsv dlc could have been cool cause that period had lots of interesting conflicts

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zas posted:

the design doc for mgs2 is pretty nuts

this was in what, 98, 99? maybe it was just in the air at the time

Hideo Kojima predicted 9/11

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

trying to jack off posted:

i remember beating both mg games as a teenager with no guide when i would pirate absolutely anything in sight and pretty much emulated every single game that was not from a windows era. its also why im now permanently brain damaged with the same sort of disease that affects lyle and ragg where i immediately hate any attempt a developer does to make a game not completely impenetrable to the average gamer

I dont hate attempts to make games not impenetrable

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/Gqle4Ar.gifv

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I've finally loving done it, imps. I beat MGS2 on Easy

Codename: Leopard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I've finally loving done it, imps. I beat MGS2 on Easy

Codename: Leopard

Congratulations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was flipping channels the other day and saw the last 40 seconds of Shrek 2 and the first guy in the credits, listed for music, was Harry Greggson Williams

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I was flipping channels the other day and saw the last 40 seconds of Shrek 2 and the first guy in the credits, listed for music, was Harry Greggson Williams

He's done a shitload of film soundtracks, he was already a pretty well-known film composer before MGS2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He scored every Shrek movie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hell, same

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me too,10/10

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Here lies bevis, he scored every shrek

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

frank.club posted:

Me too,10/10

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i talked to harry gregson williams before but i was too afraid to ask if he really stole that one russian tune for mgs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zas posted:

i talked to harry gregson williams before but i was too afraid to ask if he really stole that one russian tune for mgs

It was a good steal if he did.

e: Oh poo poo he totally did (maybe inadvertently) :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XblPR_O9lxU

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 19, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

It was a good steal if he did.

agreed kojima should've just rolled with it

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Zas posted:

that was TAPPY who stole it, harry gregson williams didn't come on until MGS 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i mean on the one hand its just a folky sounding pentatonic tune, that kinda thing can happen, but also composers love to steal folky sounding tunes for their stuff and always have

• Locked thread