Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How hot is it now?
This poll is closed.
As Balls 49 36.03%
As Hell 22 16.18%
As poo poo 10 7.35%
It's just the humidity, dumbass. 55 40.44%
Total: 136 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

SKULL.GIF posted:

One thing I have noticed over the past decade plus is that there's far less discussion of actual news over the past like five seasons. Usually people will make 2-3 comments on a news article and then resume general chitchat. Used to be you'd get pages of discussion and additional sources.

I don't think the division threads are helping this any. Did you guys know Dorial Green-Beckham was cut recently?

Yeah, this is definitely true. I'm not sure it's necessarily a bad thing and it's probably part of the increasing insularity of the forums in general. On the other hand, I've increasingly turned to other sources for NFL analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Reminder that Marshawn said his favorite pizza in Berkeley was an establishment that was both bad and went out of business after numerous health code violations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

...aaaaaaaaaaand your point iiiiiiiiiiiiiis?

It raises very serious questions about his promotional activities.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My favorite pizza joint in Santa Cruz was literally inside the downtown bus station.

It was bad because it tasted like garbage not because it was insufficiently fancy for take-out pizza.

Though to be fair to him, California has pretty dire pizza in general.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 4, 2017

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

AFC football is fake, rigged, and unenjoyable

NFC forever

Agreed. Getting the AFL into a state where it could force a merger with the NFL only to curse us with the Patriots was Al Davis's worst crime.

Furthermore, the Raiders should have been relocated to Portland like the NFL wanted.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

a neat cape posted:

The AFC has won 26 Superbowls, the NFC has won 25.

Hm, seems like the AFC is superior. Weird.

The Steelers and Colts were NFL teams and all the Patriots' titles are fraudulent.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

This made me curious. Turns out the largest nuke in the U.S. arsenal isn't strong enough to destroy the Pats, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all at once.

We'd have to rely on the Chinese or Russians.

Ground burst slightly to the west of Gillette plus fallout should more or less do the trick.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I wouldn't say it will happen this year, but it is going to be great when the Raiders go full Barnwell and regress to the mean. They looked like garbage when Carr wasn't playing so when he has a bad year...

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Someone edit "Dewey defeats Truman!" to have a USA Today masthead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Alex Smith not beating either of the teams he has played on is pretty funny too.

• Locked thread