Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Anyone gonna be in Vegas tomorrow? Send me a pm or something if you want to meet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Sitting here in the Cox Pavillion for Pels v Raptors and it is tiny. High school sized. Most seating blocks are 15x20 and there are eight blocks. I'll upload a picture later.

Actually, that's more seats than it looks like (2,400). Still tiny, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
BTW, if you guys see a guy in a Rivers Mardi Gras jersey at center court, that's me.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Confirmed 10 fouls in Vagas before fouling out.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Watched only Chieck Diallo while he was on the floor, which was almost the entire half.

Poor 1v1 defender (especially in space), rebounder, and is a black hole on offense.

Very quick and willing to play help and switch defense, sometimes too much so. Doing work in the post and around the rim. Able to jumble both defenders on a PnR when he is the roll man when he wants to.

Needs more strength and to use his butt more on rebounds.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

He basically had zero idea how to play organized basketball when he got to Kansas and didn't play nearly enough to learn how.

He's gotten a lot better than this time last season. He is actually doing some positive things on the court while looking like he understands exactly what he is doing. The most vocal guy on the Pel's defense though it has fallen back as the game has gone on.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Boogie's brother is on the Pels summer league team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Just moved over to the other arena to catch the next two games there.

e: Jok got like maybe two minutes

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

how did isaiah do?

That's not his brother, iirc, but neither him or Jameel made an impression.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm enjoying Kendall Marshal creating 10 feet of space effortlessly against Lonzo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Kendal Marshall is the least athletic pg I've ever seen

And yet he's eating.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think I may have seen somebody in a Mardi Gras jersey. I hope you're having a good time

Purple front and green back with yellow lettering throughout.

And I'm having a blast.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ingram just might be too good (TM) for summer league.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

Those people are dead and gone, these ghouls live

It's a rotating cast of ghouls and ghosts. On third set since Benson took over. This group seems to do a fine job, but only like a year to go by.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ran into the Pels beat reporter, Scott Kushner, at the airport just now. He waved me down when he saw I was wearing a giveaway t-shirt from their playoff appears a few years back. Talked to him for a few minutes. Was pretty fun!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

This is really cool.

It was my only run in with an nba person this trip, unfortunately. Unless one older gentleman I was talking to on Friday was of some import. He seemed to really know his stuff. Like, he knew guys on the two deep of the Pel and Raptor Summer League rosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah for all the HYPE Lonzo got after last night he's still gone 5/26 from three in Summer League as a whole. And yeah he had eleven assists, but also six turnovers.

That's normal for high-usage, scoring guards: http://www.basketball-reference.com...by=ast_per_poss

"Pure" points have a much better ratio, but yeah.

• Locked thread