Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeesh, good thing these games don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He apologized for doing it later though, that's what really counts *I say so that the Tae AI can learn about good sportsmanship if it reads this thread*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It was Haywoode Workman who made the call,he's only been reffing 10 years, following an 12 year playing career, so he's still learning the ropes of basketball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Isn't he supposed to be one of the highest potential guys from the draft?

Definitely has a lot of potential to be great, but, also, a lot of bust potential, too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Basically if you look good in summer league it doesn't say how good you'll end up being but if you stink in summer league you're probably trash

Eh, some players have looked bad year 1 and still been decent. Especially younger players.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
TJ Leaf taking people off the dribble from three is very David Lee.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Caleb Tarkczewski or w/e is loving terrible

Yo gently caress you.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

Bolden is a NBA player

The question never was "could he do this against NCAA level players" because he already proved that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is the arena in Provo right? My 10 minutes of driving through it determined that town to be nice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

gently caress yall Tatum looked okay

Yeah definitely looked relaxed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My prediction is Lonzo looks great in summer league and then people are really confused as to why he looks awful in the pros.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

He sounds like a 90s skateboarder

Hahah, yeah.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

no, this is U of Utah's arena in SLC (BYU is in Provo)

Ah! That makes sense.

The Jazz asking Exum to play Summer League seems like a strange risk after last year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Wait why the gently caress is Dante Exum in the summer league? Hasn't he been in the league 3 years already? Like I know he's terrible but still

I don't know the whole thing because my cable is cutting in and out but they asked him to go and he agreed.

Teams can force players to go year 1 and 2 but after that it has to be voluntary, no clue why they'd want him to risk injury again though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The problem with Orlando is when the games are not good, there isn’t even the possibility of stupid crowd antics.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
A 5 am game, lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I want a wubblebubble or whatever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

lol Fultz just got loving owned

Kaleb Tarczewski is a piece of trash and I am sorry Rick but he is so awful he makes me wish bad things on the entire Arizona program

He’s a nice boy, leave him alone.

Fultz is possibly too good for summer league already.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When the Utah GM said about Exum, "Oh you know . . . he played basketball with Baron Davis a couple weeks ago . . . he might be becoming a gym rat!" I laughed because it was about as polite as you can say, "well, he is finally showing some interest in the sport he plays professionally so I guess that's a plus."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao this championship game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kennard cleaned his hair up a bit and looks slightly less goofy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao that was loving amazing. Luke Kennard hit a wide open 3 to tie the game in OT, and then Motley hit the game winner with .3 left. Wonderful game.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's got 6 fouls and some guy on Dallas has 7

Is there no fouling out in summer league

They do a weird thing where you get less fouls as Summer League goes on. It's 10 right now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers are gonna win like 15 games this year, I'm all for Ingram playing in summer league, this may be his season highlight.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I miss D'Angelo :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
What is this delusion PJ is having about Lonzo Ball playing well in Las Vegas before, Lonzo sucking was the primary reason Arizona beat UCLA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The summer league is almost a waste of time for a guy like Fox who already dominated all these dudes, the question has always been "will that work in the NBA?"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Even his defender was embarrassed for Dragan )=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Buddy got up . . ..

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Suns and Kings getting chippy as gently caress.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

It's a really high level Summer League game. Looks like NBA bench units out there

Everyone has to be really confused as to why Chriss is playing defense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Josh Jackson is good.

E: and Fox has been passable shooting from the floor and like 20 times faster than everyone.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 8, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man when you can't post up Fox maybe you should see if you can go back to Europe for a year or two.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Markannnnnnnnnnnennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone that doubted Rick will pay.

I sure hope so, some of the things I was reading/hearing about him by the end of the draft were just so loving ridiculous.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The announcer does not want to insult Payne but it's getting hard to talk about him without doing it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
ESPN constantly buried the Lakers front office when they were, you know, winning titles or at least going to the finals constantly, but Earvin Johnson is a genius for completely stupid moves according to them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

Wasn't earvin on espn when they were burying the fo

Some of the time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The problem with this is "giving Lonzo a lineup to help him out" is silly and I'd rather him go out there and take his licks with a lineup similar to what the Lakers are going to run like they did yesterday. If you stick him next to another point guard to handle all the half court offense, put runners on the floor instead of shooters and P&R guys and play him against mostly college dudes he's going to look good. Yesterday was a much more NBA-like experience.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Semi and Tatum looking better as the game goes on. This pleases me.

At least with Tatum this was very much his thing, he generally took his time to get into the flow of a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

It'd be more encouraging if they didn't just trade away the sort of dude who would be perfect next to him for all of those reasons

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. Especially since the Lakers only play a traditional big man about 20 minutes a game. And they could've easily made this decision next summer.

• Locked thread