Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million (the payment is made on July 1) starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million.[16][17][18] Mets owner Fred Wilpon accepted the deal mostly because he was heavily invested with Ponzi scheme operator Bernie Madoff, and the 10 percent returns he thought he was getting on his investments with Madoff outweighed the 8 percent interest the Mets would be paying on Bonilla's initial $5.9 million. As a result, the Mets' handling of the payout was a subject of inquiry during the Madoff investment scandal.[19]

MLB.tv Sharing Thread

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well guys, I'm gonna live on the edge another year:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810860

Let's give it a shot and hope for the best.

CLICK THE COOL THING FOR .GIF THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also here's Sano's bomb from today for the new thread

https://twitter.com/AroundBasesPOD/status/881231654299107328

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brewers in first to start the month

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The Cubs desperately need the All-Star break to figure poo poo out

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Someone please wrap Aaron Judge in bubble wrap before he gets injured more than he is. (I'm merely speculating a nagging injury of some sort because he was DH for 3 games in a row and he's not in the lineup today)

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Looking forward to that homerun derby.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: Clint Frazier is going to come up today

V: he's going to rake (please stay healthy)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

it's very simple--they need starters. the offense will be more than fine. and with starters that can go 6 or 7, the bullpen can save themselves. hopefully they don't go for a huge splash like darvish, as awesome as that'd be, and instead try to get two or three just solid guys.

e: i'd love to see them get like jc ramirez, perdomo, urena, hahn. types that will give you six, maybe allow three or four runs at worst.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 1, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I used to think the Cubs problem was a wealth of talent and guys where getting shuffled around too much or not getting enough playing time. But yeah overall the offense is alright the starting pitching has really taken a nose dive.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Someone please wrap Aaron Judge in bubble wrap before he gets injured more than he is. (I'm merely speculating a nagging injury of some sort because he was DH for 3 games in a row and he's not in the lineup today)

Girardi insists he's not injured and that he's gonna be back in RF tomorrow.

Abel Wingnut posted:

i'm looking to go to monday's yankees game. looking at the bleachers via stubhub. prices seem to be about $50/seat. is that about right? should i wait until monday?

You can probably wait without issue, but also know that StubHub agreed to minimum prices in order to get back into the Yankees good graces/get access to mobile tickets, so you won't get some kind of screaming day-of deal. Maybe also check out the Gametime app.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 1, 2017

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Paulino just ate an 80 gamer for PEDs loving hell

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Hahahaha jesus christ

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Carlosologist posted:

N: Clint Frazier is going to come up today

V: he's going to rake (please stay healthy)

He really isn't. His contact numbers in AAA don't seem great to me. The power is there but I think this first time up in the majors is going to be a struggle.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Being a Yankee prospect is like receiving some ancient evil magical power. Clint Frazier will either become an unstoppable juggernaut or he will be destroyed.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Bob James posted:

Looking forward to that homerun derby.

Gallo turned it down :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Based on his last start it seems like he was talking the wrong stuff

Also I just found out that turning off last night's game early made me miss Aoki pitching :(

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If Bobby Bonilla see's his shadow when he gets his check from the mailbox it means 6 more weeks of summer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N: Didi Gregorius hit his first career grand slam.

V: https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/881321009424482304

Also Didi is great and more people should appreciate him, dammit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's only one Yankee who has my heart.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Are Bellinger and Judge both considered rookies this year? Or did Judge have enough playing time last year to not qualify?

If both are rookies, has there ever been two rookies to lead each league in HRs at the all star break?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Clint Frazier with a K, double, and HR so far in his debut. :shobon:

DoctaFun posted:

Are Bellinger and Judge both considered rookies this year? Or did Judge have enough playing time last year to not qualify?

If both are rookies, has there ever been two rookies to lead each league in HRs at the all star break?

Judge is still a rookie for this year in that he's still eligible for RoY and whatnot. He crossed the AB threshold earlier this year.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Frazier is the first Yankee to double and homer in his debut

I'm just happy the kids are raking and doing well

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

There's only one Yankee who has my heart.

You have to get over it. He's gone.

Chapman is gone, and he's never coming back.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

You have to get over it. He's gone.

Chapman is gone, and he's never coming back.

The one I speak of was only allegedly involved in gun crimes in the DR.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Cool to see the Rays hit a bunch of dingers, although I appear to not be amused:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sano apparently likes playing in KC

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/07/02/1562262783/1498961555646/asset_1200K.mp4

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

marioinblack posted:

Cool to see the Rays hit a bunch of dingers, although I appear to not be amused:

'Sup looking concerned on a televised game buddy. :hfive:

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

marioinblack posted:

Yup, looks like one of us

Edit: the one time I was on camera during a game was completely shelled up to not get killed by a foul popup because I didn't have sunglasses

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 2, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I enjoyed watching Inspector get excited about footnotes in a game where the Yankees had an epic choke.

Feels good man.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kirios posted:

I enjoyed watching Inspector get excited about footnotes in a game where the Yankees had an epic choke.

Feels good man.

Hey man, gotta take your happiness where you can.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Feels good man.

I'm not going to talk too much trash about a game we got miracled into a win for but lol the way it ended

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh, both teams were awful today. But, like Inspector said...

Gotta take your happiness where you can.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

N: Didi Gregorius hit his first career grand slam.

V: https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/881321009424482304

Also Didi is great and more people should appreciate him, dammit.

I appreciate him in that it bothers me that he is as productive as he is for the yankees. I feel this way about a great many players right now.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If Bobby Bonilla see's his shadow when he gets his check from the mailbox it means 6 more weeks of summer.

Well played

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Brewers sole team in the NL Central with a winning record.

V: :toot:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I hate the "team X needs to figure things out over the all star break" crap.

Like, what can be done during those four days that can't be done any other time during the season?

"Hmmm. Perhaps we could get better at pitching, hitting and fielding!" thought the cunning new front office employee.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Manager, during All-Star Break

"Hmmmm have you all tried... hitting lots and lots of dingers? Oh and not striking out. And no double plays!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

Manager, during All-Star Break

"Hmmmm have you all tried... hitting lots and lots of dingers? Oh and not striking out. And no double plays!"

Stroking dongs always is a good plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I appreciate him in that it bothers me that he is as productive as he is for the yankees. I feel this way about a great many players right now.

Yeah I'm finally understanding how yankee fans must have felt watching mookie/jbj/ben coming up over the past couple years.

Feels bad, man.

• Locked thread