Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I appreciate him in that it bothers me that he is as productive as he is for the yankees. I feel this way about a great many players right now.

Yeah I'm finally understanding how yankee fans must have felt watching mookie/jbj/ben coming up over the past couple years.

Feels bad, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
So, it's international signing day. Anybody else get any shiny new prospects? The Red Sox have already coughed up 6.1 mil for 3 players but I guess they're pretty good so that's cool I suppose. :shrug:

edit: bad math.

NiceGuy fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 2, 2017

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
The amount by which Aaron Judge has been better than Andrew Benintendi leaves me no shortage of disgust

Plus I feel left out because I can't appreciate his majestic taters like everyone else :mad:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Patrick Spens posted:

N:https://twitter.com/ThePitcherList/...rrea_with_an%2F

V: This Marcus Stroman kid is pretty dang good.

Yeeeesh. Like a drat frisbee.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Red Sox (finally) DFA Pablo Sandoval. What a lovely lovely signing.

lovely as it was, I do feel a little bad for the guy just because it seems like he really, really tried to make it work this year. Sometimes it just ain't meant to be, man. :smith:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I'm just sad because now teams might be less inclined to sign fat dudes to hit taters

Granted those are not the kind of taters we signed up for but :shrug:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
So the next two weeks will probably decide whether New York sells what they can or goes all in for Sonny Gray and Yonder Alonso, right? At least that's the most logical connection I can make.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

I already love baseball but man the American game would be so much more fun with goofy stuff like this

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

It seems pretty drat good for the Nats. Yankees should go get Yonder for a song now, too.

I've heard from one or two reports that the Yankees were trying to drive up the price for Boston re: Todd Frazier, but I kind of wonder if acquiring him might be a smart move in and of itself. Keeps him out of Boston, gives you a Headley/Frazier platoon and still leaves more than enough prospect capital to get Alonso and/or Hand.

That would kind of suck but I'm hoping for a Jed Lowrie reunion so v:shobon:v

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Hmm well I sure did call the Yankees snaking Todd Frazier out from under Boston which sucks but if it was going to cost us a Rutherford-type prospect (which I'm not even sure we have) I think I'm okay with letting him slide through. Still hoping for Glass Jed, instead.

Edit: Rutherford was almost certainly sent over for Robertson and not Frazier but still.

NiceGuy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 19, 2017

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Stadiums shouldn't even provide ketchup dispensers. If you insist on ruining your dogs, you gotta bring that poo poo from home.

Nah that's dumb, much like this discussion.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
The hatchets are definitely out for David Price but I think it's disingenuous to pretend the guy doesn't have a reputation as a thin-skinned whiner dating back to his time in Tampa when he bitched about David Ortiz owning him or something along those lines

Like idk maybe if you don't want your fee fees getting hurt you should not play professional sports for millions upon millions of dollars? And maybe not throw a hissy fit when an actual, literal Hall-of-Famer doesn't suck your dick in the broadcast booth?

I figure this will be an unpopular sentiment but whatever, I'm Team Eck.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

making GBS threads on a dude's line in a rehab start is loving dumb as hell.

Sure is. So is physically confronting 60-year-old for saying 'Yuck'.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Eck is generally cool but you're being disingenuous in the other direction to assume a guy with a reputation for being a hothead and saying his opinions without any filter (which often makes him a compelling color guy) is unquestionably the blameless hero of the story here. And give me a break with the fee-fees poo poo please.

The problem is I've never actually heard Eckersley say anything all that offensive about anyone on the team, so it makes it kind of hard to give a poo poo when to the viewer at home he's just calling it how it is. Saying 'Jackie Bradley can't hit' back in 2014 wasn't being mean, it was just a fact. And I loving love Jackie Bradley.

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's also weird that Price would be painted as a bad clubhouse guy when he was standing up for his teammate. Seems like a lot of people are representing the story as Price being upset because Eck insulted him. It had nothing to do with Price; it was Eduardo Rodriguez's rehab start line.

This is a fair point but I guess I'm just not getting why what he said was so triggering for anyone, let alone Price. It all just seems overly sensitive for a pro athlete, especially directed at a fellow pro athlete. But yeah, by all accounts all his teammates love him so 'clubhouse cancer' is a dumb narrative to push.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

Like, the Alex Reimer WEEI article on it opens with this line:

Yeah this kind of stuff is completely absurd, but on the other hand I've now heard David Price was talking poo poo about Eckersley's mane so load that fucker up onto the catapult

No dont, Sale/Price is still a filthy 1-2 punch that most teams would envy but I'm not going to be too upset if he opts out after 2018

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
The team is getting him reps at first and third in Pawtucket apparently, which probably doesn't mean good things for his catching future (and thus his overall usefulness)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Yeah it's going to take an ace in a big market getting Bryce Florie'd before anything gets mandated.

• Locked thread