Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

What a robbery.

Entertaining as hell and solid good fight but that just was the wrong scores.

No you see is Australia so all the scores are upside down so..... :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

we had this on at work and the whole bar went "HUH?!" with various looks of pure disbelief

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the screaming literal gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pacquaio got robbed but gently caress yeah Jeff horn!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
shameful poo poo

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
teddy atlas participation trophy meltdown asmr

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man some Aussie in Las Vegas on vacation just made a shitload of money off of this fight I bet.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

espn commentator flipping out about participation trophies and ripping on horn wrt winning the belt as such.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Horn definitely deserves a ton of credit but the decision is completely loving ridiculous.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

what's bradleys take on this?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

shameful poo poo

Yeah professional boxing duh

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

what's bradleys take on this?

shocked, gave the fight to Pac. horn got caught with way too many counter-punches to have won that

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
Well now... Am I the only one that thought Horn won? :colbert:

Just kidding, there's no loving way even if you see it as 12 individual fights that he won 7... None.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I have a friend who lives in the PI who is dead set on believing this is set up by Pacquiao to collect money. Lol

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Teddy Atlas freaking out hard enough to make the table shake :dance:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Teddy Atlas freaking out hard enough to make the table shake :dance:

when bradley said pac should have won, atlas like... patted his head. or something. it was really awkward and bradley made a pretty funny face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welcome to boxing, everyone

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rasta_Al posted:

I have a friend who lives in the PI who is dead set on believing this is set up by Pacquiao to collect money. Lol

That's.........not an impossible theory. I mean this was a fight he was SUPPOSED to win. And what then after? Floyd wouldn't fight him again, and he'd get demolished by anyone else better than Horn which isn't a stretch. In this way you automatically set up a rematch and another pay day for Paquiao. But for fucks sake he didn't need to lose like THAT.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Holy crap, those Compubox stats. That's...a bit ridiculous.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Stephen A Smith is losing his goddamn mind. Hahahahahaha

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Can someone attempt to justify horn winning?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Terrible judging but that's boxing for you. Ideally they rematch and Pacquiao wins and retires or they feed Horn to Crawford.

Think I'll keep this open for the August 5th and 19th cards which will actually feature great fighters in their prime and-probably because the year's been so strange so far-even more weird poo poo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

woozy pawsies posted:

he put in a good effort, a nice lad

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

woozy pawsies posted:

OY MEESTER PRYME MEENISTER!!!

ANNNDYYY!!!!!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tonight proved that if Conor survives 12 rounds he'll take the decision over Floyd

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Jiro posted:

No you see is Australia so all the scores are upside down so..... :v:

:pusheen:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My favorite thing about this is how every time they cut to commentary between rounds it was "geez Manny is beating the poo poo out of Horn"

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

woozy pawsies posted:

I mean maybe if you give all the close rounds to Horn and didn't get a close look at a lot of the punches Pacquiao landed, you could maybe defend him winning by one round and by a split decision. 117-111 Horn is crazy.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Check out the flustered manny fans ITT

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm glad Manny got robbed

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

woozy pawsies posted:

Pacquiao got in a lot of opportunistic punches, but they might not have had that much power. Horn was aggressive for most of the match, and Pacquiao mostly reacted by retreating or tying him up; that shows skill and strategy, but skill and strategy don't directly count for anything. There was a lot of ineffective aggression from Horn which chewed up a lot of time, so most of the rounds only had a few exchanges with much contact. A judge who decided those exchanges were overall inconclusive might give the advantage to the more aggressive boxer. Decide that most of the rounds were inconclusive and you've probably given the bout to Horn.

I mean, that's not how I saw it, but that's because I thought Pacquiao came out ahead on more of those exchanges; I had the fight 115-112, and I thought that was maybe being a little too generous to Horn.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Congrats to Jeff Horn, who won incredibly fairly and cleanly over Manny Pacquiao.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
117-111 is a defendable Manny score which makes this whole thing insane

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
shut up oval office, put some respect in your headline. 

He’s a professional athlete, who was and is a clear contender for that belt that he won. 

Pacman should of won on points, I’ll give you that, but don’t call that man Horn that garbage that you did. It’s not Horn’s fault on the judge’s scoring.

You clearly are terrible at your job and try and use grabby headlines to satisfy your pathetic life. 

gently caress of ya oval office, you’re nothing but a wanker.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Can Conor McGregor please put professional boxing out of its misery already?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jiro posted:

OY MEESTER PRYME MEENISTER!!!

ANNNDYYY!!!!!!!

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lid posted:

He’s a professional athlete, who was and is a clear contender for that belt that he won. 

Pacman should of won on points, I’ll give you that, but don’t call that man Horn that garbage that you did. It’s not Horn’s fault on the judge’s scoring.

You clearly are terrible at your job and try and use grabby headlines to satisfy your pathetic life. 

Hm, yes, I agree.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
115-113 manny is the best score you could give horn if you gave every questionable round to him. 117-111 is probably the most insane score i've seen since 114-114 canelo / floyd.

clearly a work from the qld government who knew that the rematch would be at suncorp again.

i'm happy for jeff, he's a good dude, he put on a loving excellent show and had a huge moment. it was a monumental robbery, but i can't hate him.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Lid posted:

This is a word for word copy/paste of a comment on the deadspin article. What is going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

D-Pad posted:

This is a word for word copy/paste of a comment on the deadspin article. What is going on here?

because its hilarious how insane it is

• Locked thread