Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Loma owns. Hope he fights a live guy next time out, but I deeply enjoyed watching him wreck.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I missed it live but the walk to with your back to the corner taunt is a+

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not sure what my dream Loma fight is. It involves going up or down 2 weight classes but I don't know if I'd rather imagine him fighting Rigondeaux or Bud.

e: pure imagination at this point of course, I don't expect him to actually try to do either of these things.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Ninth Layer posted:

Loma owns. Hope he fights a live guy next time out, but I deeply enjoyed watching him wreck.

I know that's not what you mean but I think he does that to Miguel Berchelt, Corrales or even Gervonta Davis.

I'm starting to think even Rigondeuax would be a mismatch. Their skill levels are comparable but Lomachenko would come into that fight with ~10+ functional weight advantage. Only Mikey and maybe Jorge Linares would there be that much mystery imo.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not sure what my dream Loma fight is. It involves going up or down 2 weight classes but I don't know if I'd rather imagine him fighting Rigondeaux or Bud.

e: pure imagination at this point of course, I don't expect him to actually try to do either of these things.

Crawford is basically a full fledged welterweight, I'm not sure Lomachenko is big enough to fight him.

I'd like to see him either fight Guillermo Rigondeaux or Mikey Garcia. Rigondeaux is still arguably the best boxer in the world, despite being buried promotionally and not having faced an elite fighter since Agbeko. And Garcia is more or less a lightweight - he definitely looks maxed out fighting at 140.

Unfortunately there really aren't any big names at 130 or even 135, so he's a bit stuck for big time opposition.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gervonta Davis would be solid in a few years. I get the feeling Davis is still a bit too green though.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Too lazy to do a full write-up but tonight is Crawford-Indongo. First full unification in 4 major belt era since Hopkins-Taylor 1 (and only one that hasn't involved Hopkins). Crawford is rightfully favored but Indongo isn't to be taken lightly. Televised undercard will feature light heavyweight sensation Oleksander Gvozdyk against once beaten Craig Barker. Bryant Jennings, DIllian Whyte and Shakur Stevenson on the un televised undercard

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Shakur Stevenson fight is being televised whaddya know.

And Andre Ward on color commentary ugh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For a six round fight including a guy with a future this isn't surprising, but this is a completely ridiculous mismatch in favor of Stevenson.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Stevenson looked more like a guy with three fights under him than a world beater to me. Still has a lot of time to develop as a pro though.

Gvozdyk on the other hand, wanna see this cat against Kovalev sooner than later.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Gvozdyk on the other hand, wanna see this cat against Kovalev sooner than later.

from what i just saw kovalev would kill him instantly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
they're making the walk. keen for this.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I gotta love that Bud Crawford comes out to the Nebraska fight songs

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah it's cool seeing how Crawford's built up a real following in Nebraska of all places.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

indongo looks overwhelmed as gently caress in there. hope he settles into whatever his rhythm is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bud is so goddamned good.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Indongo bouncing around and lunging in reminds me Gamboa in the latter rounds of his fight with Crawford. We know that ended.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Indongo is just south paw Postol. So tight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Bud is so goddamned good.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Murder to the body goddamn

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was not competitive.

what a loving body shot though.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Bud Crawford man

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
drat

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Killed a man with a body shot god drat

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Jesus what a body shot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

How are you going to get knocked out with a body shot in the 3rd round my guy

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

:piss: what a loving shot

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That sounded like a shot on a heavy bag.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Crawford is in another class.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

How are you going to get knocked out with a body shot in the 3rd round my guy

did you have the volume up?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if/when Bud moves up to 147 that class is going to be fun as gently caress

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

big money big clit posted:

That sounded like a shot from a double barrel

Just to clarify

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Marching Powder posted:

did you have the volume up?

its savage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDj_5tu2tk0

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
I've never seen Indongo fight before, but he looked terrible from the outset. Very nervous/stiff legged.. throwing sloppy, wide shots.

I know Crawford is class, but nothing about that looked like a unification fight. Hope he lines up a good fight soon.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

that loving hurt, even just watching it.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm glad I caught the fight even if I'd wished it could have been just a bit more competitive, I feel bad for Indongo, man had two belts.

Really I feel that way about both co-main events; Gvozdyk seems a little interesting but I'd really need to see him fight someone more challenging. Still don't regret watching it, was good.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Posting here because presumably this would be on ESPN

https://twitter.com/RigoElChacal305/status/899157852048179200

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/899154089329790977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God