Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not sure if this thread is dying off, or if just everybody is in the GroupMe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

I'm not sure if this thread is dying off, or if just everybody is in the GroupMe.

I should probably join the GroupMe.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

I should probably join the GroupMe.

Somehow I missed this. Link?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ben Nevis posted:

Somehow I missed this. Link?

Drunk Nerds posted:

I made a groupme group to centralize discussion during the draft:
https://app.groupme.com/join_group/32440924/3Gdp8z

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hey it's my favorite part of the draft. Where I curse everyone's ancestors for taking my picks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

jabro posted:

Hey it's my favorite part of the draft. Where I curse everyone's ancestors for taking my picks.

That's every round. Btw, a belated gently caress you Edward Fortes Hands for taking Lamar Miller a pick before me! :argh:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

That's every round. Btw, a belated gently caress you Edward Fortes Hands for taking Lamar Miller a pick before me! :argh:

I'll throw one in for Franchise 4 for grabbing Jimmy Graham right before me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes the groupme is bumpin on the reg. It's also the best way to complain that someone is taking too long on a pick, so I can poke them.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I'll throw one in for Franchise 4 for grabbing Jimmy Graham right before me.

I really need to change that name soon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not in the groupme but anyway I'm trying to stay in the tank because if I start talking about the draft I inevitably blurt out something that helps the other owners. For example, describing my current draft strategy is a really dumb idea.

Instead I will crow about my picks after I make them, like for example I'm pretty pleased to get Bilal Powell who I think has an ADP that is a bit lower than it should be. He's basically acknowledged as the lead back now, in a run-heavy offense, and he already got 1100+ combined yards last year.

I also got doug martin who, yes, OK, is on a three-game suspension to start the year, but that just means he'll be well-rested down the stretch, right? I did not get an early RB so picking up these guys around the seven-eight turn is making me pretty happy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I was going to sign up but then it asked me for my phone number.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

I'm not in the groupme but anyway I'm trying to stay in the tank because if I start talking about the draft I inevitably blurt out something that helps the other owners. For example, describing my current draft strategy is a really dumb idea.

Instead I will crow about my picks after I make them, like for example I'm pretty pleased to get Bilal Powell who I think has an ADP that is a bit lower than it should be. He's basically acknowledged as the lead back now, in a run-heavy offense, and he already got 1100+ combined yards last year.

I also got doug martin who, yes, OK, is on a three-game suspension to start the year, but that just means he'll be well-rested down the stretch, right? I did not get an early RB so picking up these guys around the seven-eight turn is making me pretty happy.

Are you not concerned about Forte? Isn't he still on the team?

Pain of Mind posted:

Same.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Are you not concerned about Forte? Isn't he still on the team?

Same.

He put up 1100 yards with Forte officially the lead back, albeit forte missed several games. Now Powell is the lead back, and there's some speculation Forte might not even make the final roster.

I figure, worst case scenario, Powell is at least going to have the opportunity he had last year, which barring injuries makes him a goddamn bargain in the seventh round: it's more of an opportunity than, say, Tevin Coleman is getting. And the upside is he's the bellcow three-down back on a run-first offense, which puts him a top ten RB in the league.

I'm really high on Bilal Powell this year. I've been watching him a couple years and I believe he has the chops and just needed the opportunities.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

You don't have to give it a phone number. Come on in, the water's fine and snarky

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Pain of Mind posted:

I left it blank IIRC or at the very least put in a fake one.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
This is my first ever slow draft. I simultaneously love and hate it.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
So far I have:

Drafted a player who was immediately put on the PUP list
Had back to back picks but took a twenty minute break between them, and then realized later that I'd drafted two members of the Kansas City Motherfucking Chiefs back to back, surely the most high-powered offense in the 2017 season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have now bortled a third quarterback, on the basis of zero negative points for interceptions. This is a very good plan that I am very proud of.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When will we speed up the timer? In the later rounds?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

When will we speed up the timer? In the later rounds?

In my experience, slow drafts go quite faster in later rounds. So I just plan to continue poking the gently caress out of people, as we are on time to finish this by mid-august.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

In my experience, slow drafts go quite faster in later rounds. So I just plan to continue poking the gently caress out of people, as we are on time to finish this by mid-august.

Keep on pokin'!

I just realized that Screen Pass and my team (Brees & Brady) share four players: Brees, Brady, Reed, Ware. I wonder how many other teams mirror each other.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Was thinking it would be pretty interesting if you make the playoffs and play a team with a very similar lineup. It would be kind of like a 5 on 5 matchup or whatever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I have now bortled a third quarterback, on the basis of zero negative points for interceptions. This is a very good plan that I am very proud of.

I'll see your Bortles as a third QB and raise you a Tannehill as a fourth quarterback. Also, I have yet to draft a receiver. :v:

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Silly Burrito posted:

Keep on pokin'!

I just realized that Screen Pass and my team (Brees & Brady) share four players: Brees, Brady, Reed, Ware. I wonder how many other teams mirror each other.

Good, at least if I crash and burn I won't be alone

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

"Cromartie's 11th Daughter" has now autopicked three times in a row, in the North division.

this is about to happen again

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I don't think our division has had a problem with it, but there are a couple of guys who use the majority of their clocks. It's weird when seven pucks rattle off in 30 minutes, then you wait six hours. Shouldn't everyone have been vetted to ensure they have no lives?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Leperflesh posted:

Last I checked they were listed as having pre-ranked for this pick. I guess all of his or her players were drafted before the pick came up?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes. I think they must have pre-ranked two or three guys maybe. This owner staled thrice early in the draft, then pre-listed for like the next 8 picks, and then has staled twice and is going to do so again shortly.

I am extremely sympathetic to being too busy to do poo poo like this, I really am, and I'm also aware our division has drafted fairly quickly. At the same time, this sort of thing in my experience is a strong indicator of an owner who is going to lose interest halfway through the season, especially if they start out with a losing record.

Anyway it's not for me to decide and I actually don't even mind waiting that much; but it's a data point and in a league this large, the commissioner can't be expected to notice stuff like this on his own. For Cromartie's 11th Daughter, I hope there are no hard feelings; this is just dumb games on the internet, I ain't mad.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Anyway it's not for me to decide and I actually don't even mind waiting that much; but it's a data point and in a league this large, the commissioner can't be expected to notice stuff like this on his own. For Cromartie's 11th Daughter, I hope there are no hard feelings; this is just dumb games on the internet, I ain't mad.

Oh I notice. I notice every time. I've emailed her several times about it, but beyond her initial apology for failing to draft in the opening weekend, she has not responded. I'll figure something out... possibly going to just put her on autodraft. I really don't mind waiting that much, either, but I get a LOT of complaints when the league is so huge.

Everyone else I have a handler on, except Turdstown, with whom I'm in talks with to see what I can do about his work schedule.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Any thoughts on shortening the timer to six hours or less? We're mostly past the 12th round in each division except for one. If they're going to time out anyway....

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dallas piano lessons! :argh: jalen richard was supposed to fall at least another round

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

dallas piano lessons! :argh: jalen richard was supposed to fall at least another round
I really wanted to try to bounce him to the next round, but hobostew reached for Lynch so I was afraid he'd be looking for a handcuff

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Any thoughts on shortening the timer to six hours or less? We're mostly past the 12th round in each division except for one. If they're going to time out anyway....

I'm going to give it serious thought.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I really wanted to try to bounce him to the next round, but hobostew reached for Lynch so I was afraid he'd be looking for a handcuff

Well Lynch's handcuff is probably Washington, though the situation is murky. Richard is a risk too, but most likely all three will get playtime and if Lynch gets hurt, I'm not sure what happens exactly.

I just really like Richard's talent and the fact he's an UDFA who is earning his spot just makes me smile.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Well Lynch's handcuff is probably Washington, though the situation is murky. Richard is a risk too, but most likely all three will get playtime and if Lynch gets hurt, I'm not sure what happens exactly.

I just really like Richard's talent and the fact he's an UDFA who is earning his spot just makes me smile.

I watch a lot of Las Vegas Traitors football, and I suspect Richard is going to be the main carrier once Lynch breaks his hip. He's a more confident north-south runner who is built much more solid than Washington, with an inch less height and 20 more pounds. It definitely could go either way, though, but Richard is a better choice for grinding out first downs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I feel pretty much the same way, although not as confident that the raiders coaching staff will use him that way even though I think he can do it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Lynch has extra draft value because the officials don't call any forward progress calls on him

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I feel pretty much the same way, although not as confident that the raiders coaching staff will use him that way even though I think he can do it.

I think he was earning more and more opportunities last season, so I wouldn't be surprised.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
These late rounds are going a lot smoother for me than the earlier ones did, that's for sure. At least now I can sort of keep a solid grip on my draft strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just updating the hate list. Franchise 4, Franchise 4, and Rum Ham.

• Locked thread