Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Main Event
IMPACT Wrestling World Champion Bobby Lashley puts the gold on the line against Global Force Wrestling (GFW) Global Champion Alberto El Patron in a unification match that promises to be one of the most physical bouts. Albert El Patron will be joined in his corner by his father, Dos Caras, a legendary wrestler in his native Mexico. Lashley countered, saying he has secured a corner-man, too. Lashley personally sent a Tweet to President Trump to be in his corner at Slammiversary. Lashley on Friday morning said, “No Comment,” when asked in President Trump will be in his corner at Slammiversary for the second time in his illustrious career.

The PTA Match: Pain-Torture-Agony
“Cowboy” James Storm seeks revenge on EC3 in a Leather Strap Match, as Storm’s back is, no doubt, still a painful reminder of the 30 whips he endured at the hands of EC3 on a recent Impact on Pop TV.

Football Great Steps Into The Ring
DeAngelo Williams has spent 11 seasons as a running back in the NFL. Now he’s ready to be a wrestling rookie. The former Carolina Panthers/Pittsburgh Steelers star has joined forces with Moose to battle Eli Drake and Chris Adonis. Williams was a Pro Bowl player in 2009, has twice led the NFL in rushing touchdowns and is now a free agent.

First Major Title Defense, Finally
Sonjay Dutt will be defending the X-Division Championship belt against five-time former champion Low-Ki, showcasing Dutt’s first-ever title reign. Dutt has the emotional advantage, having won the title in his native India to the admiration of thousands. Low-Ki certainly has the experience edge winning past title matches.

International Affair
The Latin American Xchange (LAX) puts the GFW/IMPACT Wrestling Tag-Team Championship belts on the line in a fearsome, foreign-filled four-way match. Naomichi Marufuji and Taiji Ishimori (from Tokyo-based Pro Wrestling NOAH) will team up, against El Hijo del Fantasma and Drago (Lucha Libre AAA in Mexico) and the team of Garza Jr., and Laredo Kid (representing Mexico-based The Crash), and LAX.

He’s Back …. WATCH OUT!
“Big Poppa” Pump Scott Steiner is back in GFW/IMPACT Wrestling, the chosen henchman for Josh Mathews in a tag team match against the improbable duo of Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park. Oddsmakers immediately were predicting a Steiner/Mathews slaughter, but, in recent days, many are saying, for unknown reasons, that JB and Park very well could pull off the upset.

Calling The Action
Robert Flores will be the lead announcer for Slammiversary, working alongside longtime IMPACT color commentator Don West, who is making a one-night return behind the microphone. With Josh Mathews and Jeremy Borash wrestling at #Slamm15, GFW/IMPACT Wrestling officials grabbed Flores, a lifelong wrestling fan.

Flores is a baseball studio host appearing across MLB Network’s programming, including MLB Network’s Emmy Award-winning daily studio show, MLB Tonight. In addition to MLB Network, Flores is a hockey studio host for NHL Network and contributes across MLB Advanced Media’s digital properties, including MLB.com and Sports On Earth.

Flores joined MLB Network and NHL Network in 2016 from ESPN.

Family Feud
Eddie Edwards joins forces with his wife Alisha Edwards for a bitter intergender battle against Davey Richards and Angelina Love. And, to make the feud even more violent, it’s a Full Metal Mayhem Match.

Femme Fatale
Sienna (GFW) steps into the ring against Rosemary (IMPACT) for a unification match of the GFW Women’s Championship and the IMPACT Knockouts Championship. Odds push Sienna as the favorite, especially with KM on the scene, but the fearless Rosemary will stop at nothing to carry gold.

I'm totally watching this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

:siren: DON WEST COMMENTARY :siren:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

i legit feel bad for these guys running against the NJPW Long Beach show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Go RV! posted:

lol if you choose 2017 Main Eventer Billy Gunn (which you can rewatch anytime on New Japan World) over The Commentary Return of Don loving West

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

How disgusting will EC3's back look after his cystic bacne takes a few strap shots

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I personally, can't wait for the first Global Force Wrestling IMPACT PPV

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I can't wait for Total Global Nonstop Force Action Wrestling Impact! Presented by Anthem Sports Slammiversary

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Go RV! posted:

I hate to tell you this, but uh, it doesn't matter. Night 2 isn't being shown live on TV, so the only people watching it are those with NJPW World which has like 10,000 subscribers outside of Japan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

I hate to tell you this, but uh, it doesn't matter. Night 2 isn't being shown live on TV, so the only people watching it are those with NJPW World which has like 10,000 subscribers

There are more US subscribers for NJPW world than TNA can hope to get buys on PPV.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

There are more US subscribers for NJPW world than TNA can hope to get buys on PPV.

how much overlap do you think there is between people buying Slammiversary and subscribing to NJPW World

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

how much overlap do you think there is between people buying Slammiversary and subscribing to NJPW World

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Given both are niche products with similar sized TV audiences, probably a lot.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

Low Ki

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Go RV! posted:

you should never feel bad for TNA GFW

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Don West is on commentary god bless

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Well, I'm cool with a lucha match

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The commentary team is a step up from the usual.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

drago with the most gfw moment so far

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What is this clusterfuck

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Who called Laredo Kid eating the pin

Great match

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How is Borash the face here?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

...let me tell you a little about Josh Matthews....

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh my god why is Austin Dillon here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Scott Steiner's on the other side

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Team Pacman was 10 years ago

Jeuss christ I'm old

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
DAT BOTCH

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I think k Williams just destroyed Drakes knee

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Lol

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Williams is not-terrible

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

AWWWWWWWWW YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
TNA spoiled the results of the main in their preview of Impact sent out to cable companies

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
DAVE PENZER IS BACK?

:wcw:

Good on Jarrett for bringing him back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mkay0 posted:

TNA spoiled the results of the main in their preview of Impact sent out to cable companies

It was spoiled when the company name changed to GFW

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It was spoiled when the company name changed to GFW

Ding ding ding

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Oh yeah neat let's have an angle where someone goes limp mid match after Shibata's very real injury.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisSpags/status/881676156323450881

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

actually, hes not even a steeler

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
SHARK BOY HOLY gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Scott Steiner has yelled FAT ASSES like a dozen times in the first 2 minutes of him doing things.

Match of the Year

• Locked thread