Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Escobarbarian posted:

From a "criticising the review" standpoint I gotta say there's far too much discussion of Grant and superheroes in general and too little about the actual episode. Which I guess presents a point, while obviously the recaps are long gone, should the review still generally make sense to someone who hasn't seen the episode? I dunno what the answer is (obviously this thread is mainly for fans of the show, which is an argument against it) but I know as someone who hasn't seen the episode all this review tells me about it is "there's a guy called Grant who is a superhero and also parts of the episode revolve around the Doctor". Is there a villain? Were they good or bad? What was the Doctor doing in his half? Was it good or bad? Who is this guy Capaldi apparently leaves to die? etc

You'll get used to the tangents. I forget the episode (latter-era Davies, I'm pretty sure), but I remember once he spent the first like 1,500 words of a 3,000-word review going on and on and on and on about the television writing and production process and how it works, explaining it to us like it was TV 101 ... except he was talking about a process that was literally not at all the way Doctor Who (or most other British TV) works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

And More posted:

Just a little reminder that you're talking to Bown. Y'know, the guy who got "banned" from the initial thread. :v:

:aaa:

:psyduck:

:stare:

how did i not know about the nameswitch

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Like, if you honestly argue that Series Five is anything but one of if not the best seasons of Doctor Who, ever, I would say you are either arguing in fundamentally bad faith or aren't actually a fan.

You're arguing in bad faith, or at least setting up a ridiculous strawman, because very, very, very few of Moffat's critics have anything bad to say about the fifth season.

• Locked thread