Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

TinTower posted:

I really don't like the post-season 5 trailers.

I like the initial series nine trailer a lot more than most of the actual series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8fh4QUy-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

keep punching joe posted:

Did Toxx ever get round to watching Adventure in Space and Time, and if so, can someone link me to the review?

I believe he has not reviewed it. Most shameful. :colbert:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I think I may have to get into comics some time. Those two short stories really got me good. :cry:

Doctor Mysterio is also really quite bad. Reminds me of every bad Superman film in all the wrong ways. I do seem to remember enjoying the sequence on the space ship, but it's been a while.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Timby posted:

You'll get used to the tangents.

Just a little reminder that you're talking to Bown. Y'know, the guy who got "banned" from the initial thread. :v:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

we're now on the second (!) actor to leave the title role because they don't want to commit any more of their time to a delayed production.

Capaldi was forced out by the BBC. Not sexy enough.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Yeah, it's more of a paradise gone wrong than a direct analogy of Britain. That's why that review fails, imo. It's focusing on the author's intentions to an absurd degree while simultaneously claiming that he is inept. The author assumes that Moffat wants to satirise British politics, and then proceeds to bend over backwards just to find the analogy, finally deciding that Moffat doesn't know what he's doing ("who appears to have done so entirely unconsciously").

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Escobarbarian posted:

Oxx was the other one, you guys.

Nah, Oxx is Toxx and also Lick!

Escobarbarian posted:

Reminder that Moffat is a gigantic piece of poo poo

When in doubt, always interpret Moffat in the least charitable way possible. :thumbsup:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jerusalem posted:

Which, as much as I'm looking forward to the new Doctor, is one of the reasons I wish he was sticking around. He finally seems to have settled firmly into the role in this season and I can only imagine his confidence/ease in the performance increasing with each new season he would have had afterwards.

Above all else, this is why it's appropriate for series 10 to be written like Capaldi's first series. He only just got his own Sonic Screwdriver. Before this, he wasn't even sure whether he was the Doctor. Now that he's settled in, Capaldi also deserves a formal introduction. It's a shame that he's already leaving, but that doesn't mean Capaldi should be denied the usual Doctor fanfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Also, just fyi: you are going to either want to have seen or be indifferent to the spoiling of episode 302 of Black Mirror, "Playtest". I am going to spoil the ever-loving poo poo out of "Playtest" in this next review. In case you don't know what BM is, its a British sci-fi show - weird, right - that like, if you're a DW fan you will probably at least like.

Every episode of BM is on Netflix, and its also an anthology show so you can just skip to that specific episode and watch it if you, again, care about not being spoiled.

Cheers.

Personally, I find Black Mirror way too emotionally crushing to watch, but I guess I'll bite the bullet. :(

• Locked thread