Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So we can vote those players out. If if you do nothing day after day, all that happens is the scum get to kill off everyone they don't want to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Seems pretty useful to me, if the game has lurkers you can literally no lynch to victory provided I don't die at night.

yeah nah

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Just so we're clear is that your actual role? Do you think doctors should send you a protect if they don't have a better idea for a target, for example?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh well, that's my passive ability so expect no surprises from me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Just so we're clear is that your actual role? Do you think doctors should send you a protect if they don't have a better idea for a target, for example?

I understand you are just prodding Anidav but please, nobody take this as a suggestion

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't know, there could be better or worse dice roll roles in the game. I figured mine was noteworthy because if I'm honest it's pretty boring so I think announcing it is better for town to vote more accurately rather than me just shitposting and counting dice rolls in a corner.

I'm not that important but that might change if night action powers are weird or if there's day or night skipping powers around the place.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I just want to be clear on if this is a content gambit or not, really.

If that's an actual role in the game it was probably a mistake to claim it, but there's still a possibility others can play to or around it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anidav posted:

I don't know, there could be better or worse dice roll roles in the game. I figured mine was noteworthy because if I'm honest it's pretty boring so I think announcing it is better for town to vote more accurately rather than me just shitposting and counting dice rolls in a corner.

I'm not that important but that might change if night action powers are weird or if there's day or night skipping powers around the place.

Okay fair enough. Without knowing the setup it probably wasn't game losing for you to claim that either, it's basically a vanilla+ role when it comes down to it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bifauxnen posted:

I understand you are just prodding Anidav but please, nobody take this as a suggestion

I don't think you should be too worried about anyone trying to protect anidav

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm more suspicious of anyone calling Somber scum for an obvious joke vote than I am of Somber.

:agreed:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Somehow I have a feeling you weren't about to bum rushed by three more votes that would all be even more conspicuous than Somber's joke.

:agreed:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh, hey, if we're gonna be talking about roles:

My role is anti-town but could be ~fun~

What do I do?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chaoslord posted:

Oh, hey, if we're gonna be talking about roles:

My role is anti-town but could be ~fun~

What do I do?

If you're 3p I strongly suggest going hog wild

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

drowned in pussy juice posted:

If you're 3p I strongly suggest going hog wild

If only!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't see the harm in full claiming an anti town role as town so if you're for real you should spill my dude

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Let's all full claim: I'm two little men on each other's shoulders in a suit of armour, my role is I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If that's a third "unique" vanilla claim in a row it makes me a lot more suspicious of Bif's miller claim.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wtf is a unique vanilla role

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wtf is a unique vanilla role

It is a role that looks like it does something but functionally it's just a vanilla role or at best an incredibly minor power. Just a role designed to look like it's not a standard VT role but something else.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

If that's a third "unique" vanilla claim in a row it makes me a lot more suspicious of Bif's miller claim.

hey Anidav this guy's trying to take your bad setup spec spot

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't see the harm in full claiming an anti town role as town so if you're for real you should spill my dude

I was hoping for a fun discussion after how FFV went :sun:

I'll claim here shortly it's probably my bedtime soon

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

It is a role that looks like it does something but functionally it's just a vanilla role or at best an incredibly minor power. Just a role designed to look like it's not a standard VT role but something else.

now see, this sounds spot on what I would expect from this game given the OP. Funny how you went straight from Mafia Dadding about the reasonableness of my Miller claim to getting all suss on it and defensive the minute I put you at -7

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I actually already think Bif is suspicious for so clearly quaking in fear when Somber voted her and worrying about a ~solidified bandwagon~ from open joke votes. I called this out and immediately became Bif's number 1 suspicion for, uh, participating I guess. Vote is bad, elaborated case is bad, so Bif tries to back away from it with a series of jokes. Even now Bif's joking around the whole situation as if she never earnestly was afraid of being the de-facto bandwagon, even posting in ~lower case~ so you know she's still in Joke Mode, now that we all agreed we're joking, right?

Then there's the miller claim itself and like I said I think Bif played it a lot more like scum executing a gambit and getting worried than like a town player who genuinely believed she was about to be wagoned down. For one thing I don't think a townie claiming miller and worried about five votes against her would have gone out of her way to call me a "Mafia dad" for saying town millers exist and it's mostly town that claims miller.

##vote Bif

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

now see, this sounds spot on what I would expect from this game given the OP. Funny how you went straight from Mafia Dadding about the reasonableness of my Miller claim to getting all suss on it and defensive the minute I put you at -7

Like what kind of town player goes "oh you actually believed my miller claim might be true, that sure makes you scum for saying so."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*hambeet flashbacks*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Like what kind of town player goes "oh you actually believed my miller claim might be true, that sure makes you scum for saying so."

it's subtle, it's a D1 gut read. It's the combination of you doing that with the way you responded to the Somber case and the way you've responded since then. But go on oversimplifying if you want.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I actually already think Bif is suspicious for so clearly quaking in fear when Somber voted her and worrying about a ~solidified bandwagon~ from open joke votes. I called this out and immediately became Bif's number 1 suspicion for, uh, participating I guess. Vote is bad, elaborated case is bad, so Bif tries to back away from it with a series of jokes. Even now Bif's joking around the whole situation as if she never earnestly was afraid of being the de-facto bandwagon, even posting in ~lower case~ so you know she's still in Joke Mode, now that we all agreed we're joking, right?

Then there's the miller claim itself and like I said I think Bif played it a lot more like scum executing a gambit and getting worried than like a town player who genuinely believed she was about to be wagoned down. For one thing I don't think a townie claiming miller and worried about five votes against her would have gone out of her way to call me a "Mafia dad" for saying town millers exist and it's mostly town that claims miller.

##vote Bif

stuff like this, for instance. The "being worried" was something you made up to push as your own narrative. and lower case? I type that way all the loving time, you are just reaching to get overdefensive over one drat vote dude

anyway, as I mentioned it's not JUST the Mafia Dadding, I just felt like Somber might be town and you were taking advantage of the building case on him as a way to have something to criticise. As a scum player.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like seriously I have a very large body of posts to peruse at your leisure if you think I somehow got to affect the lower case thing

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Slice and dice you shiv?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Slice and dice you shiv?

it's the Beaver Conspiracy

LJ Hooker is the real enemy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lower case *smokes pipe* a dead give away.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok, here is my role

Post Restriction Inflicter

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

is it responsible though, to be placing a jokevote that gets someone halfway to lunch, getting a bandwagon well and truly started?

I do find it suss, it may have perhaps, not really been a joke vote, but a scummy attempt at trying to look like it was only a joke vote!

But I'd look at you next, just got a bad feeling about you going all Mafia Dad on my miller status and now this

This is a fear reaction. I said people taking Somber's vote seriously are scummy and Bif's response is "Oh but I was afraid for my life, don't you think that's a valid reason? By the way I now find you scummy suddenly!"

Bifauxnen posted:

not worried per se, I mean if you gotta lunch the miller might as well get it out of the way D1

just sayin it looked scummy, would be nice to leave some reads behind for y'all

you've just climbed up to #1 though!

##vote Ninth

The first and second sentence here contradict each other. Not worried about being executed but also thinking about the reads that will be left behind. Oh an now I'm scum #1 for asking about this.

Bifauxnen posted:

but seriously, while I was getting scum suspicions on Somber, I could easily see him just joking around and having fun with the flavor being the king and all

Tired feels more like scum calling out a bad case where he can just to participate.

Besides Bif confusing me and Tired, who she has spent the last couple of posts indirectly defending, this post is notable for Bif retconning her Somber suspicion so that she was never suspicious of him, not really, she knew it was a joke all along honest. Also Ninth is scum for participating, and scum want to particpate, so y'know.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (3): drowned in pussy juice, chaoslord, Slamburger, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, Somberbrero, drowned in pussy juice, Tired Moritz, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer
Somberbrero (2): Bifauxnen, drowned in pussy juice, Quidthulhu, Tired Moritz, Bifauxnen, drowned in pussy juice, drowned in pussy juice, Tired Moritz
EXAKT Science (1): HiipFire
drowned in pussy juice (1): Anidav, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
Tired Moritz (1): The Ninth Layer, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): Bifauxnen
tpink (0): Quidthulhu, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (6): Dick Bastardly, EXAKT Science, iajanus, peramene, Tired Moritz, tpink

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 15th, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh yeah ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Ok, here is my role

Post Restriction Inflicter

that's not anti-town, that's just good clean fun

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is a fear reaction. I said people taking Somber's vote seriously are scummy and Bif's response is "Oh but I was afraid for my life, don't you think that's a valid reason? By the way I now find you scummy suddenly!"

The first and second sentence here contradict each other. Not worried about being executed but also thinking about the reads that will be left behind. Oh an now I'm scum #1 for asking about this.

Besides Bif confusing me and Tired, who she has spent the last couple of posts indirectly defending, this post is notable for Bif retconning her Somber suspicion so that she was never suspicious of him, not really, she knew it was a joke all along honest. Also Ninth is scum for participating, and scum want to particpate, so y'know.

wow

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Bif retconning her Somber suspicion so that she was never suspicious of him, not really, she knew it was a joke all along honest.

HEY EVERYBODY I WAS SERIOUSLY SUSPICIOUS OF SOMBER I thought he was trying to coast on his flavor claim and just me-tooing cases instead of making his own, it looked scummy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

stuff like this, for instance. The "being worried" was something you made up to push as your own narrative. and lower case? I type that way all the loving time, you are just reaching to get overdefensive over one drat vote dude

anyway, as I mentioned it's not JUST the Mafia Dadding, I just felt like Somber might be town and you were taking advantage of the building case on him as a way to have something to criticise. As a scum player.

I think the sequence of posts I quoted above shows which of us was worried and overdefensive. But by all means feel free to pretend your sudden suspicion of me was pure coincidence and had nothing to do with the questions I was asking you about.

It's not a town way of thinking to start with "Ninth agrees with me that Somber may be town" but then end up at "and that means Ninth scum for expressing suspicion of people voting for him."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

HEY EVERYBODY I WAS SERIOUSLY SUSPICIOUS OF SOMBER I thought he was trying to coast on his flavor claim and just me-tooing cases instead of making his own, it looked scummy

quote:

Scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

are we even in the same universe

• Locked thread