Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah, I thought he was scummy, but you coming to his defense made me worry that he was town after all and you were being all Reasonable Doubt scumbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like if you are actually town can you step back for one second and realise that just because I dared cast one wrong vote on you that I could in fact, still be town

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

if this really is a town/town slapfight though I'm gonna be so fuckin mad

Anidav posted:

*hambeet flashbacks*

:agreed:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
bif do u think 9th layer is scum or town

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
also what is your preferred dog a staffy or a greyhound

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh, my joke fell flat, nooooooooo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

drowned in pussy juice posted:

bif do u think 9th layer is scum or town

was feeling pretty strongly scum but the more he goes Full Hambeet, the more I fear he is a loving townie after all and it's making me hella mad.

also what is your preferred dog a staffy or a greyhound

Staffy I guess but why have I only got these 2 choices

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I hope people are actually following along with this because lol, Bif cannot keep a simple story straight.

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I thought he was scummy, but you coming to his defense made me worry that he was town after all and you were being all Reasonable Doubt scumbo

So now it's me having a reasonable opinion that makes me scummy.

Also not a town mindset to see someone you are suspicious of cover for someone you are already voting and think "oh huh, the guy I'm voting must actually be town and this other guy is playing 5D chess to look good later."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I hope people are actually following along with this because lol, Bif cannot keep a simple story straight.

So now it's me having a reasonable opinion that makes me scummy.

Also not a town mindset to see someone you are suspicious of cover for someone you are already voting and think "oh huh, the guy I'm voting must actually be town and this other guy is playing 5D chess to look good later."

have you seriously never heard of a scum player just coasting along by criticising other's people's cases instead of making their own

like it's easy to know which town cases are wrong when you're scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME A THUNDERDOME BIRB

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My sixth post in the game was an original case. And I've been fleshing out a case on you for a while.

It's a little early to start making cases based on "knew player X's alignment" when nobody has even flipped yet, don't you think?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ugggh, why'd you all have to go all "oooooh owwwwwwned" so much, now he's gonna be way too invested to ever back down and it's loving annoying

let's just vote me so you don't have to freak out about whether to lynch me in LYLO or not

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's a little early to start making cases based on "knew player X's alignment" when nobody has even flipped yet, don't you think?

what

but the

cause scum already

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Struggling to defend herself or explain her suspicions in any coherent way, Bif resorts to begging for amnesty, as if after making all these case points that have gone unacknowledged I'm going to call it a draw.

Bifauxnen posted:

Like if you are actually town can you step back for one second and realise that just because I dared cast one wrong vote on you that I could in fact, still be town

Bifauxnen posted:

ugggh, why'd you all have to go all "oooooh owwwwwwned" so much, now he's gonna be way too invested to ever back down and it's loving annoying

let's just vote me so you don't have to freak out about whether to lynch me in LYLO or not

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote bif

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well this is accelerationism alright.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Let's kill somber instead

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote bif

Some real talk, if you actually are town after all of this then I will genuinely feel bad, because at this point you are playing so scared of me that it's simply unbelievable. I think I have a pretty solid case on you that, even if it's wrong, still stands as a justification for voting that can be scrutinized and debated. You've struggled to explain your suspicion on me beyond a gut feeling, every explanation beyond that accuses me of doing things that town players would want to do, like participating early, commenting on cases and offering reasonable opinions. Heck you called me a Mafia Dad for... suggesting your claim doesn't make you scum. What would a town player have said instead?

It's unbelievable. You are reaching. The idea that I'm scum who defended town Somber from bad votes for town cred down the road might make some sense if you had thought Somber was town at the time, but you didn't. The actual opinion you claimed to have had here was my defense of Somber was clearly a 5-D gambit designed to... ??make you more suspicious of him?? it's so convoluted I actually don't know what you were trying to get at here. It just looks like horse poo poo to me. It's not believable at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Some real talk, if you actually are town after all of this then I will genuinely feel bad, because at this point you are playing so scared of me that it's simply unbelievable.

please continue voting for me people, I am the Miller after all and you shouldn't take a claim like that at face value

also I got enough totally delusional communication problem bullshit to deal with this month just trying to explain what a "cost" is in WorkflowMax to my insufferable boss

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am scum, and I am terrified that The Ninth Layer is just too good for the town for me to win

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My scumbros are HiipFire and Quid btw (you're welcome EXAKT)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My work here is done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

My work here is done.

let's loving hope so

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Scott Ludlam

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I am still suspicious of Tired Moritz too by the way. Vote on Somber was picking literally the most obviously suspicious vote of the game to be suspicious of, bonus scum points for "Bif seems pretty town-like" as one of the most cautious couched ways I have ever seen someone make an alignment call. When called out on this bad vote, TM made a show of how he didn't realize people were still joking and unvoted. His play to me looks like scum looking for an early safe suspicion, getting called for it and then backpedaling.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Let's kill somber instead

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

back off buddy I called dibs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ah for real i am having trouble following the dialog here. i like tnl more in the exchange???

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

ah for real i am having trouble following the dialog here. i like tnl more in the exchange???

omg why are you so worried about 2 people voting for you

why are you so shaking in fear

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

back off buddy I called dibs
Jesus Christ I hope you really are scum, because if you're town and actually ragequitting the game because I argued with you and thought you were a liar in a game about arguing with suspected liars I really am going to take that personally, setting aside what a lovely play in general it would be for a town player to make. I think I've been rather reasonable, if persistent and arrogant as befits my style, and certainly I don't feel I've said or done anything to deserve being treated like talking to me in a Mafia game is the worst punishment imaginable. I don't really feel like I should be made to feel that way either, so if you're scum then hey you gotta do what you gotta do, but if you're town doing this then it really sucks.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't really feel like I should be made to feel that way either

I disrespectfully disagree.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey Ninth. I think Bifauxnen is just role-playing the suicidal Anime character in her avatar so I can understand the confusion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jesus Christ I hope you really are scum, because if you're town and actually ragequitting the game because I argued with you and thought you were a liar in a game about arguing with suspected liars I really am going to take that personally, setting aside what a lovely play in general it would be for a town player to make. I think I've been rather reasonable, if persistent and arrogant as befits my style, and certainly I don't feel I've said or done anything to deserve being treated like talking to me in a Mafia game is the worst punishment imaginable. I don't really feel like I should be made to feel that way either, so if you're scum then hey you gotta do what you gotta do, but if you're town doing this then it really sucks.

ok, more effort reply here: you're arguing that I should be all cool and chillaxed and reasonable about you casing me cause that is just what town does! And even if I'm town you can get it wrong, right!

Except you are not allowing for the possibility of the same logic applying to me.

I cased you first, it wasn't even an OMGUS like your case here that only came about after I cast 1 vote for you, and you explode. If you are town just making a mistake, that is okay, but you're muddying the waters like crazy with posting like 10 times in increasingly purple prose detail about me "quaking in fear", it could possibly be interpreted as scummy by people who believe that "setting a narrative" could be one of their goals but maybe that's just me being crazy again

anyway, clearly I am not worried, I would rather just get voted out now so at least you guys get the Miller issue sorted instead of me hanging around at LYLO. And I mean, obviously I am not even speaking English since my communication skills are so unintelligible that I come across as "shaking in fear" for just trying to case you so, man, it's really better off for the town if I'm gone, right?

Plus, I am dealing with a lot of this same poo poo like, literally right now today at work so I don't have the patience right now and would rather focus on JoJos.

Doubleplus, I sincerely want you to go gently caress yourself.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The one game I decided to play and I'm just getting consumed by watching slapfights and the creeping sensation of scum chilling in beach chairs

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Oh hey the thread's open!

*skimreads*

er ok wtf is going on here

um, Bif, WorkflowMax is terrible garbage software that should be destroyed. hope you feeling better and getting a drink and an hsp soon

this is not the normal day one banter I was expecting to read o_0

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What in the world is happening here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Are you all roleplaying as me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

What in the world is happening here

iaj is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uhh sorry, but I don't think Bif is scum. I don't think TNL is scum too.

Yeah this is totally a town vs town fight.

• Locked thread