Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am going to try my hand at :justpost:ing regardless of the amount of content in the post in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I got my pm it says kill bifauxnen for some weird reason ##vote bif

Nice goin

##vote bif

2 ez

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I should point out that it said nothing about her alignment it just said to kill her

If the mod said it it's ok

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

its me im good king ratbags

:worship:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm more suspicious of anyone calling Somber scum for an obvious joke vote than I am of Somber.

:agreed:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Somehow I have a feeling you weren't about to bum rushed by three more votes that would all be even more conspicuous than Somber's joke.

:agreed:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh, hey, if we're gonna be talking about roles:

My role is anti-town but could be ~fun~

What do I do?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If you're 3p I strongly suggest going hog wild

If only!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't see the harm in full claiming an anti town role as town so if you're for real you should spill my dude

I was hoping for a fun discussion after how FFV went :sun:

I'll claim here shortly it's probably my bedtime soon

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok, here is my role

Post Restriction Inflicter

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh yeah ##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So how's everyone's weekend so far I'm day drinking on the clock

I just got in from working 12 hours on my day off, have to do my receipts/expenses which the new system makes super cumbersome, and am having to catch a flight first thing in the morning :toot:

Good weekend start imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Ninth Layer posted:

You should vote iajanus imo just to Seal The Deal and show town can get eight human beings together to vote the same person.

no no, pick me, pick me

##vote iajanus

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey sea monkeys, you're on the prowl with Hooooooooowlin Mad Murphy. I said the post restriction thing was ANTI-town. ANTI. Why in the world would I have used it? There can only be none [post count restrictions]

Of course, our mailbox head of a moderator decided that since I wouldn't use it that I must have it. So here I am, runnin this radio show.

Gonna pass it over to Spark Plug now. Say hey, spark plug!

I don't think he's gonna do it.

Zoo patrol after the break.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

to answer your question though: Because this is a Birb game

Hey fignuts, how well did that line of thinking work for FFV?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tpink posted:

Ok then. ##vote chaos

Look at this dumb vote. It's so dumb it didn't even go to the right person!

note I did not do that and would never do that but lol that someone did it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

I guess TNL sent me a message?

Why did the day end?

I also got one. Need to check if it's a dril tweet later though to make sure if it's origins.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kill bif imo ##vote bif

I got a post restriction so thanks cl

You had requested it and I dang sure didnt want to do it again so you're welcome

Quote this post to volunteer for the next round of PR

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool I don't have to scramble to catch a flight today so I'll start actually readin this game now :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

Bad vote on a bad push. ##vote Somber

OH yeah. Hey everyone remember how bad this vote was?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

lukewarm take

i still don't know if this is a real game or not

Define real game

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

I really am reluctant to believe in miller claims but I rather play with someone that posts coherently than whatever Somber had been typing out.

TM I would like to go back to this and ask what is your current stance on Bif the Miller, tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Bif/TNL stuff was rough. Man. I agreed with some of the stuff TNL had at first but he got lost in the weeds fast. I would be willing to vote Bif if I couldn't come up with anything else though.

That said, I definitely prefer TNL's casing on TM. This post in particular by TM

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont mind if you think im scummy or whatever but saying that im padding my wordcount is wrong.

My opinions might be lacking in substance but is it really compared to everyone else? It's D1, I'm just waiting for the game to get going while I express my small-scaled opinion.

Basically I shouldnt post unless I have one giant case is what youre telling me and thats not very fun.

Was pretty bad. That last sentence in particular is a real bad twisting of what was being said about him.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

Your hot take on rereading the thread is that my joke vote was not good? Thanks, clord.

Hi Quid.

Who's scum?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

i got a role pm and i'm town, i have a perverted ability that is funny and will be zero help to anyone

hi pera, you have claimed in the present to be a role watcher if I'm understanding your post correctly. That seems moderately useful, why did you think it would be zero help?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tpink posted:

Ok then. ##vote chaos

Hey tpink what was with this vote anyway?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Was calling his vote bad and on a bad push also a joke?

The answer may surprise you!

it wasn't actually a joke vote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool so I'd be happy to vote any of quid, tm, hiip, or DB

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote quid

Ok I'm gonna go take an early dinner

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

yo CL does your role allow you to give a specific PR of your choosing to any player, a mod determined PR to any player or the same PR to every player or what? did you use it N1 on somebody? I haven't seen anyone with the same restriction floating around so I'm curious

I pick the player and I can give suggestions but birb has final say. I didn't use it yesterday so birb gave me a captain howling mad Murphy pr as punishment

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

I don't know what a role watcher is but I don't think that's what I am

It won't be much help unless somebody tries to murder whomever I observe but hey I'll keep dropping the hot goss as I gaze upon creation

So a normal watcher would say "these people visited your target." Instead your post made it sound like you saw what actions happened to your target instead. Knowing what roles are out there is helpful imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

One where I get to fakeclaim and have fun instead of one where I'm obsessed with bif and keep looking in her window watching people gently caress around

I mean, it could be both :sun:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

You are extremely handsome and now scum know there is a body guard so I'm not sure it's that helpful the way perm has used it

Sure, :agreed:, but (assuming she is telling the truth which may be a big assumption given this is pera) I think it's at least a partially useful role so I was just trying to figure out how she thought it was not helpful at all. From her response it looks like that might just be an eye of the beholder thing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

not Anidav? Let's see what he comes up with after that cereal though

Oh hey missed this earlier. Not particularly feelin anidav, no

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I kind of lean towards thinking perm is town because I'm not sure why scum would choose to reveal that information publicly. I can understand why a townie might think it's useless but I think it was real silly to reveal the results this early and I'll bet a million dollars if she survives til the end game she's scum for sure

Yeah, I can agree with that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Maybe everyone just needs some music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNJFbe8SdU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GuCC7LitI

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

[VICTORY WELFARE]

True story: When I was in, I want to say 6th grade, I was not thinking too hardly about what that russian guy was saying, so when me and my friends were goofing around I started pretending to be him. German exchange student heard that particular line, came over, and gave me a good knock upside the head. Whoops.

Later, he loved Sealab.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tpink posted:

Several people (you and, without going back to double-check, I think bif as well) have now made references to pera's meta. I don't really know it - are they playing consistent with it? I am generally skeptical about meta arguments but I wanted to ask since this has now come up a couple of times.

Her meta is to post a bajillion words and then have a spectacular claim. Voyeur (which I learned was a role from this game) seems tame so is likely real imo and I don't know fully what to make of her not posting. My current thought is she is bored because she is Town and doesn't want to lie which means there's no creative space to explore

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

They asked so I answered, sorry.

Ok now to read the rest of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

No, pera, it is just a mafia game with wacky birb flavor

For example, I am busb the talking plane. This is probably an auspol in-joke that I am unaware of. He just picked things he thought were funny.

gosh dang though what a story

• Locked thread