Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hi I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Think we just need 1 more at this point?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh hey this game finally started. Hello, fellow Mafia players.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

>insert joke here

I am also bad at D1 joke phase.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

Lolololol my role is hella dumb

This is a good player list!

I am sorry you rolled scum again.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

But the third vote is always scum :thunk:

Slam dunk case on this Slamburger person, how fitting.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

Agreeing with case without vote, ##vote tpink

Mad because scum, smdh. You'll roll town next game, I promise.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Good morning, Mafia game, what'd I miss..

:yikes:

Oh.

For what it's worth, my read is that this is a silly town on town fight that got spiraled way out of proportion. The idea that Bif's "I am literally scum" post was in any way serious is silly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Dick Bastardly posted:

Holy poo poo the game has started. I am the fucktardiest mafia player I think probably of at least the last decade.

lmao

Welcome, friend. :justpost:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
DB's post also prompted me to go back to look at the player list to see who else I forgot was even playing. Hall of shame:

EXAKT Science posted:

lmao votefinder is up let's pregame turbo hiipfire
##vote hiipfire

(last post from July 9)

peramene posted:

And so ends my break from playing mafia

Let's do it bird bitch

(last post from July 2 :commissar:)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
If EXAKT or peramene don't post anything as we get close to D1 deadline, I am fine voting for either of them.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

im not digging how people is going "xd lol dicky"

I don't get it, why is that suss

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

reads like empty content

It's D1, brother. Empty content is the name of the game. :yotj: (I don't like D1.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

a bit! but I think it's more likely that a scum boy wouldn't announce themselves as a lurker.

whereas quid/tpink feel like theyre trying to pad out their postcount.

There really hasn't been much real content to react to with serious, earnest posts. The Bif/TheNinthLayer fight was mostly just silly. Again, D1. :ocelot:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I don't have any secret role that was fulfilled by somber dying or anything I'm just glad he's dead d2 it makes me nostalgic

Nostalgic for what.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (6): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, EXAKT Science, iajanus, peramene, tpink

tpink has the most posts of anyone that has not voted today, something I find inherently scummy (town cannot win without voting; it's scummy to not vote during jokephase). chaoslord at least joke voted Bif earlier. Dick Bastardly only realized today the game was even open. Of the three left iajanus is the only one here that has posted after the game started, mostly to commiserate with Bif's job situation.

##vote iajanus because I think we do have too many lurkers and for a lurker execution this one isn't bad, at least some of those others can plausibly say they had no idea the game was on.

I think EXAKT and Pera should be replaced if possible.

Feel like I have to go through this in almost every Mafia game I play - I rarely vote D1 because it's a crapshoot and almost always ends up in town being lynched. I've debated people before on the merits of this, and people obviously have different views on this point. Suffice it to say i don't agree that it's scummy not to vote during jokephase.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

I received a.strange message!

What's the message

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Are you going to just keep making these non-substantive posts or what, bruh

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I don't know what to make of this. How did you go from thinking that it was a partial message and others might have gotten other pieces of it to thinking that no, it in fact was a complete message?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
What the hell is going on in this game. You people better start making some drat sense.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I don't really know what else to say about it - I caught up on a couple of pages of the game and that was my takeaway reaction :shrug: The downside of reacting to stuff when there is not much active posting, I guess. I am glad that Anidav has at least moved from posting nonsense to trying to make reads!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

Hey sea monkeys, you're on the prowl with Hooooooooowlin Mad Murphy. I said the post restriction thing was ANTI-town. ANTI. Why in the world would I have used it? There can only be none [post count restrictions]

Of course, our mailbox head of a moderator decided that since I wouldn't use it that I must have it. So here I am, runnin this radio show.

Gonna pass it over to Spark Plug now. Say hey, spark plug!

I don't think he's gonna do it.

Zoo patrol after the break.

Ok then. ##vote chaos

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I am getting frustrated with all these wacky random non sequitur posts. Makes it difficult to get into this game.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm having trouble engaging and making calls because I feel like there's some in-jokes or whatever that I am missing, so a lot of this stuff is going over my head. My calls for now:

Suss on Quid - voted Somber; posting just enough to make it seem like he's active but no real content at all; don't like the "I got a partial message oh maybe it's the whole message, I dunno" and never responded to my question about it

Suss on Anidav - empty posting, added a vote to me after there already a couple with zero independent justification and while hedging it with a "not solid though"; these "me-too" votes are always suss, especially with this kind of caveat

Suspect there's scum among people who are lurking hard instead of participating (pera, EXAKT, and hiip (all he's done was vote iajanus after a joke vote on EXAKT)), so fine with a lurker lynch too.

No strong reads for now on DIPJ or TM. Bif is town I think, but she's fooled me before when playing scum because her scum game is strong, so I am not 100% trusting my instincts on her.

Going to ##vote Quid for now, but open for a lurker lynch too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
OK for real is this a joke game or an actual game of mafia. I need to calibrate myself accordingly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Like right now, my scumreads are tpink for showing up only to complain several times now about how hard it is to post, and pera for being in the game now but not writing a book yet. I would've settled for enough words to fill a Chuck Tingle ebook.

Hiip also continues to Hiip, he showed up just to show his presence and that was good enough to not lunch him yesterday but we shouldn't let him keep sliding by like that.

EXAKT seriously needs a modkill.

Chaos is also bugging me but he's got a lot of competition for better people to lunch.

Thank you for ignoring my awesome scum reads.

Agree that EXAKT needs to be modkilled at this point.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Dude I quoted the OP for you already

I read it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Here's the current post count list with everyone whose post counts are below the mod:

Top posters for thread (max 30)
User Posts
SLASHER HAWKE 15
chaoslord 15
HiipFire 15
peramene 11
Dick Bastardly 11
votefinder 4
iajanus 4
EXAKT Science 3
Slamburger 3
CapitalistPig 2
BottleKnight 1
Birdstrike 1

Fine voting any of the lurkers at this point as an inspiring lesson to the rest of people playing. I am going to a dinner in a couple of hours so may not be around for the deadline but will try to check in before then.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
lol at rolling (flavor)cop and not playing to the point of getting modkilled, just lol

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anidav posted:

Why case people when you can just beg for a mod kill? :discourse:

Make some cases.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anidav posted:

I work late nights of course I want someone to do the work for me.

Oh I see

##vote Anidav

Make some cases, bruh

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

Cool I don't have to scramble to catch a flight today so I'll start actually readin this game now :toot:

Looking forward to these hot takes!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

Hey tpink what was with this vote anyway?

It was me throwing a hissy fit because I couldn't make sense of your post :blush:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

hi pera, you have claimed in the present to be a role watcher if I'm understanding your post correctly. That seems moderately useful, why did you think it would be zero help?

Oh this is a good catch, I forgot about that post from him.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Birdstrike posted:

[VICTORY WELFARE]

I googled to see what that meant and now google thinks I'm a Nazi, thanks a lot bird.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

chaoslord posted:

Sure, :agreed:, but (assuming she is telling the truth which may be a big assumption given this is pera) I think it's at least a partially useful role so I was just trying to figure out how she thought it was not helpful at all. From her response it looks like that might just be an eye of the beholder thing.

Several people (you and, without going back to double-check, I think bif as well) have now made references to pera's meta. I don't really know it - are they playing consistent with it? I am generally skeptical about meta arguments but I wanted to ask since this has now come up a couple of times.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Holy poo poo.

I think I like you, pera.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
We doing this? Ok cool.

##unvote
##vote HiipFire

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

Thanks

What's the case on HiipFire? Just a lurker dunk?

Yes'm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

I just had two and a half hours of dental work. My face is numb and getting sore

Take care of your teeth children

Unnng I've been putting off going to a dentist even though I am like 90% sure I have a cavity. I am not looking forward to this.

• Locked thread