Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Is The Ultimate Warrior
Umiko Ahagon
Hajime Shinoda
Suzukaze Aoba
Sakura Nene
Tooyama Rin
Yagami Kou
Takimoto Hifumi
Iijima Yun
Hazuki Shizuku
Christina Wako Yamato
Momiji Mochizuki
Tsubame Narumi
The two background characters who I think are a gay couple
View Results

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I believe in Rin!!!

Also this ep was very good. Naru's payoff was handled really well IMO, and I like how they're setting up our finale. Stick the landing and this will wind up being one of the best Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show's I've had the pleasure of watching. First thing I've seen this year that's really felt like a threat to MaiDragon's seat atop my personal AOTY pile.

Also also, as a counterpoint to Rin In Despair, have some cgs from the New Game VN that came out last year

https://twitter.com/spiderfingersar/status/910164499637837824

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad naru has been vindicated and is now eternally a good girl

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I believe in Rin!!!

Also this ep was very good. Naru's payoff was handled really well IMO, and I like how they're setting up our finale. Stick the landing and this will wind up being one of the best Cute Girls Doing Cute Things show's I've had the pleasure of watching. First thing I've seen this year that's really felt like a threat to MaiDragon's seat atop my personal AOTY pile.

Also also, as a counterpoint to Rin In Despair, have some cgs from the New Game VN that came out last year

https://twitter.com/spiderfingersar/status/910164499637837824

Wait I thought Umiko was supposed to be shipped with Nene. I guess Nene is forever alone.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The VN predates S2 doubling down on Umiko/Nene, alas.

I choose to believe that Hazuki's actually a bridesmaid and they're getting ready for the big day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hazuki is a keiki who will never achieve her harem as her manipulations to collect cute girls backfired horribly by the fact they naturally pair off too well.

Hoist by her own petard

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I get the impression that Hazuki mostly just likes to watch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hazuki should obviously end up with the producer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's Mozuku's

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Hazuki should obviously end up with the producer.

Cute working women girlfriends who don't touch.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Nene will be too busy building a Titanic juggernaut of a game company to bother with romance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler posted:

Wait I thought Umiko was supposed to be shipped with Nene. I guess Nene is forever alone.

I know who nene can kiss

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Umiko and Nene are deeply in love

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I want to play Assassin's Creed, but you murder stuffed animals and wear them.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

source

And nothing else matters.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Negrostrike posted:

And nothing else matters.

What about when Nenecchi was puffing her cheeks at the start of the episode

I hope Rin can confess her love to Ko before she leaves forever

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

What about when Nenecchi was puffing her cheeks at the start of the episode

Nene's :T face was reaching critical mass.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I personally enjoyed Naru demonstrating the rare :3:/:smug: combo

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox posted:

I personally enjoyed Naru demonstrating the rare :3:/:smug: combo

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nene's :T face was reaching critical mass.

https://i.imgur.com/IXV1oZ1.gifv

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

naru still sucks she is lucky nene is perfect

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

<-----best boss

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Dizzy Gillespie of game development.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

naru still sucks she is lucky nene is perfect

naru owns

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/tokutaro/status/910093785786228736

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Why was Hifumi basically written out of this show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

slev posted:

that's kind of a harsh way to look at a character who's had all their important drama resolved and is getting less spotlight to focus on characters who actually have things to work through

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

slev posted:

Nobody ever notices the people who are quietly good at their jobs. Please respect Hifumi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

that's kind of a harsh way to look at a character who's had all their important drama resolved and is getting less spotlight to focus on characters who actually have things to work through

hello im a goon i dont understand writing

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I do wish Hifumi had had a bit more to do in the back half of this season, but I struggle to really think of what I would have cut to make time for it. Some of the Hajime/Yun stuff is probably the least essential to the show's overall plot/themes, but I also like that stuff quite a lot so :shrug:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Naru ultimately only redeemed because Nene is good, and cool, and strong, and her friend.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Spiritus Nox posted:

I do wish Hifumi had had a bit more to do in the back half of this season, but I struggle to really think of what I would have cut to make time for it. Some of the Hajime/Yun stuff is probably the least essential to the show's overall plot/themes, but I also like that stuff quite a lot so :shrug:

Spending family time with your wife and kids is very essential. :colbert:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I want more screen time for everyone. But I understand why they are giving the new girls more focus and I think Naru has improved a lot as a character now that we understand her motivations and the pressure she is under. I can understand becoming a perfectionist and overly sensitive of criticism when your parents are holding things over your head like that and you feel like the only way to pursue your dreams is to be perfect. I'm glad that she now understands that Nene is not trying to be critical or make her look bad and that she can see her as a friend and rival instead of as an enemy. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I didn't really have a problem with Naru beforehand, but holding off on revealing the pressure she was under until the latest ep was a good move.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm glad that they took "Aoba came up with a weird kinda creepy idea she thinks is cute" and just went full on with it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

More proof of Doga Kobo being excellent adapters: this is anime original

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agronox posted:

More proof of Doga Kobo being excellent adapters: this is anime original

Indeed.

On a more serious note, so were those loving fantastic last few shots of Kou watching Rin and worrying right before the episode ended. I really really really like their decision to move the Christmas ep to the previous episode, too - the watch is nice and fresh in our minds so that we all notice when Rin unconciously grabs at it. I've really been struck at how confident and tight this season's been in comparison to the first.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i like this anime

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also uh is season 2 11 episodes long?

and when season 3?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
season 2 isn't done airing yet, it finishes this week (so 12 episodes)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
okay thank god

what other anime are like this? i really like how realistic their work is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have you watched shirobako

• Locked thread