Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
DC: "You can say I look like a crackhead but I've never been one!"

Love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Jon Jones doesn't like Luke Thomas for some reason

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/890307462896726018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

what did he ask?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
that might be the most relateable human feeling jones has ever expressed

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts posted:

what did he ask?

i just found it, it was a dumbass question about how he's feels about his 20's now that he's almost 30

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Dana did say outright the winner of Maia/Woodley is getting GSP next. GSP got to be praying for that Maia win right now.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

https://tenor.com/view/patriots-newenglandpatriots-jump-gif-7615521

I mean, he's probably not throwing punches but yeah Chandler Jones is a force of nature
That's not Chandler Jones, that's Shea McClellin

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Spring Break My Heart posted:

That's not Chandler Jones, that's Shea McClellin

lmfao

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Welp I'm retarded

Chandler Jones blocked a field goal and returned it for a TD against the other purple team

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 26, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheRationalRedditor posted:

that might be the most relateable human feeling jones has ever expressed

lmao agreed

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Shea McClellin is a Force of Nature!!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The ABC has unanimously approved instant replay in MMA. Its not a new rule, but just a policy statement to guide AC's who choose to use it.

The policy is that replay should only be used for a "fight-ending sequence" to see whether or not a foul ended the fight. If replay is available, only the referee can call for replay after the end of a fight, it can't be called to see if a foul that didn't end the fight occurred, and can't be used to see if a fighter tapped out. After the ref views the replay, he can use it to confirm the winner of the fight, or send it to scorecards for a technical decision, or declare a DQ, or declare a no contest.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

This seemed like another set up for Jones to talk about how much self reflection he's done and whatever and I was pleasantly surprised that he just told him to gently caress off instead

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I thought Dana banned Luke Thomas from UFC events years ago?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

The ABC has unanimously approved instant replay in MMA. Its not a new rule, but just a policy statement to guide AC's who choose to use it.

The policy is that replay should only be used for a "fight-ending sequence" to see whether or not a foul ended the fight. If replay is available, only the referee can call for replay after the end of a fight, it can't be called to see if a foul that didn't end the fight occurred, and can't be used to see if a fighter tapped out. After the ref views the replay, he can use it to confirm the winner of the fight, or send it to scorecards for a technical decision, or declare a DQ, or declare a no contest.

So that's for like, that fight a while ago where someone got hardcore eye poked and then finished straight away after while he couldn't see? You can replay it and say "eye poke, no contest" and not rely on the stupid rear end athletic commissions to decide it?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

algebra testes posted:

So that's for like, that fight a while ago where someone got hardcore eye poked and then finished straight away after while he couldn't see? You can replay it and say "eye poke, no contest" and not rely on the stupid rear end athletic commissions to decide it?

Yeah, but you'll need to convince the ref to look at the replay instead of stoicly accepting the loss and walking out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Apply it to Chiesa's situation so I can understand what an idiot Chiesa is more fully.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Grem posted:

Apply it to Chiesa's situation so I can understand what an idiot Chiesa is more fully.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/25/16024842/ufc-mma-news-interview-jose-aldo-max-holloway-conor-mcgregor-lightweight-fight-champion

Michael Chiesa is a worse loser than a Brazilian.

Aldo says Holloway is a great fighter who earned the title and that Frankie deserves the next title shot.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Didn't Tito say almost exactly that to Ariel once?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Just checking in to make sure Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier is still going to happen on Saturday. Nobody has been injured or tested positive for anything or been involved in a car accident, right?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Rubellavator posted:

Just checking in to make sure Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier is still going to happen on Saturday. Nobody has been injured or tested positive for anything or been involved in a car accident, right?

Not yet- still a ton of time

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The only acceptable outcome for a Jones win this weekend would be him building hype for the rest of the year until getting bulldozed by Lesnar on the year end card. I loving crave it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Omnikin posted:

Not yet- still a ton of time

Right. I plan to check in daily.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/890328543715926016

lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Don't worry Ariel, you're definitely next up. Oh look, we're out of time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Le Saboteur posted:

Dana did say outright the winner of Maia/Woodley is getting GSP next. GSP got to be praying for that Maia win right now.

i sort of want tyron to win now to see your incredulous posting as gsp effortlessly jabs woodley's face off as he slowly circles the cage.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Don't worry Ariel, you're definitely next up. Oh look, we're out of time.

Apologies to Matt Damon

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
GSP lost to John Hendricks and retired. He'll never fight again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Marching Powder posted:

i sort of want tyron to win now to see your incredulous posting as gsp effortlessly jabs woodley's face off as he slowly circles the cage.

I mean thats also entirely possible as a Canadian I'm basically obliged to want GSP to win no matter what, but Maia has got to be the simpler fight for him most likely.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

good

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP lost to John Hendricks and retired. He'll never fight again.

You seem to be mistaken, he appears to havr retired on a win.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

The last time GSP was effortlessly jabbing somebody was 2 years before Anthony Johnson left welterweight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

tesilential posted:

The last time GSP was effortlessly jabbing somebody was 2 years before Anthony Johnson left welterweight.

A strong wrestler with one dangerous punch iirc. You're right the times are a changing.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/25/16024842/ufc-mma-news-interview-jose-aldo-max-holloway-conor-mcgregor-lightweight-fight-champion

Michael Chiesa is a worse loser than a Brazilian.

Aldo says Holloway is a great fighter who earned the title and that Frankie deserves the next title shot.

aldo is cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The UFC...

is good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

theres no way gsp is going to beat woodley if thats his first fight after taking like 4+ years off

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
So you guys hate the guys who report on the sport you love and bring you all the news you digest because ... nerd?

I don't understand.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Correct, if you replace "the guys who report on the sport you love and bring you all the news you digest" with "Helwani" and "nerd" with "Milhouse"

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 27, 2017

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

MacDougall posted:

So you guys hate the guys who report on the sport you love and bring you all the news you digest because ... nerd?

I don't understand.

Ariel helwani sucks and so does Luke Thomas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MacDougall posted:

I don't understand.

I don't like the ones who ask stupid irrelevant questions, get called out for doing it consistently and then as soon as the call out happens they have something up on twitter about how hard it is for them and that they're so victimised. It's probably not a coincidence that both MMA Fighting dudes who are egotists got owned and people like, while Esther Lin isn't full of herself and owns and people don't want her to get caught up in MMA Fighting getting banned from cageside for being dicks.

Luke Thomas had something up on Soundcloud about Jon Jones owning him in short order. Take your lumps and move on instead of "I dunno why he hates me, I'm cool and good, mummy said so :("

• Locked thread