Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if you like seeing buff dudes tentatively moving around in an enclosed space mostly undressed you might really like bodybuilding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
She didn't put them directly into the trash? Pay those loving fighters more.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ben 10 loving up tim elliot was amazing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

badass

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Gaethje vs Alvarez will be great.
No need to have them on TUF, just delays a great fight.

no need to have tuf. we've got dana white's show where he puts desperate buff men in a cage to fight for his amusement, like the japanese did with bugs. gently caress the whole show off. it wastes everyone's time and sucks.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Anyone think Weidman will beat Gastelum? Seems a rough as gently caress fight for someone who's been knocked out 3 times in a row.

it's an insanely tough out. it'd be closer if i had any faith at all in weidman's gas, but he's looked bad lately in that department. and failing to put a wrestle on mousasi means he'll be standing with kelvin who will be giving him no respect or space. i'd like for him to find form and get one back, but i don't see it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hope Gaethje turns down TUF too lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Fight good tuf bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tyree posted:

has tuf helped out anyone become more well known, past the first few seasons.

i hate these coaches fights

I had no idea who Tony Ferguson was until he d'arce'd barboza

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

its a wrestling technique where you voluntarily humiliate yourself online over and over then cut your own dick off

Hahaha drat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWrV3sBDD2L/

check tferg's revolutionary deadlift technique.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He beat the next Anderson Silva before he beat the first Anderson Silva so since he's doing his career in reverse now he has to get his rear end kicked by a guy from tuf who can't diet

my god, it's full of stars

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i am very excited for this weekend. especially curious how knight's sick rubber guard will do against a grinder the quality of lamas. also interested to see if sterling is sharp enough with his footwork to outfight barao.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

in a dystopian future where you take so much cocaine and amass so many felonies that you are banned forever from fighting dangerous men for a living

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Dana did say outright the winner of Maia/Woodley is getting GSP next. GSP got to be praying for that Maia win right now.

i sort of want tyron to win now to see your incredulous posting as gsp effortlessly jabs woodley's face off as he slowly circles the cage.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tesilential posted:

The last time GSP was effortlessly jabbing somebody was 2 years before Anthony Johnson left welterweight.

A strong wrestler with one dangerous punch iirc. You're right the times are a changing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

theres no way gsp is going to beat woodley if thats his first fight after taking like 4+ years off

I can see where you're coming from but he is unbelievably good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

mayweather/mcgregor is overshadowing it lmao. they hosed themselves over on that one in my opinion

not nearly as bad as canelo / ggg. that's one of the best fights on paper that i'll see in my lifetime and it's going to do 150k.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man you can go on youtube right now and watch some insanely talented musicians out-performing rich and famous people and have like 2k views. if we could nail down what makes people popular, famous money machines (the x-factor, lol) dana white would suck your dick and robbie lawler would be as rich as warren buffett

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

the reebok deal was hosed

i wonder how well reebok have done out of it.

strictly from my point of view as a fan, the deal they got was so good that it actually repulses me from their brand, they are actively loving the fighters i like. never mind the fact that the zips never work when the fighters attempt to take off a jacket, the myriad of design mishaps, and just generally shittyness (looks-wise) of their apparel.

i'd be surprised if my pov was pervasive, but i can't imagine anyone buying that poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd rather see Bones vs Oezdemir than Bones vs Gus 2 at the moment.

Bones Gus 1 was great but we've not seen Bones vs Oezdemir at all.

what in the world...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I am really not sold on Oezdemir at all. I feel like his big wins were against highly overrated guys, but LHW is such a shitshow outside the top 3 that they still look like an accomplishment.

cirkunov is a good fighter (for lhw) who beat krylov who was also good (for lhw). manuwa has always ran hot and cold but has looked like an absolute killer annihilating osp and beastin who are both good fighters (for lhw).

that said i don't give a single solitary gently caress about him and wanting to see him fight jones is unfathomable. especially over a gus rematch which is still the greatest fight to have ever happened in the division.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Legit mad about Bisping vs GSP

why? bob's on the shelf for 6+ months and could come home to a massive payday. also, bisping owns and woodley does not. everyone who owns wins.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

They were also loving boring. I have been watching Tyron Woodley's lovely rear end fights since Strikeforce Challengers and thus far only one of them had Demian Maia but absolutely all of them had Tyron Woodley

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mm actually fought the most dangerous opponent available to him at the time. of tj dillashaw and dana white only one has career ending power and despite not being on a poster which literally didn't matter i consider it a ud for the still undefeated flyweight champ. can't wait til he fucks up garbrandt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lol @ putting Anderson and Jones - kings of the worst divisions at their lowest points, above gsp.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i agree w/ both of them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Can't wait to see how attempting to blackmail Dana works out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

I'm not getting how it's Aldo's style that makes him bad for Frankie rather than 'he's better'. Their last fight bored me a lot so I refuse to do my own research.

individuals have a natural proclivity towards certain aspects of fighting and mostly work towards maximizing what they're good at while shoring up a defense against what they're not so good at. it then becomes a game of who gets to employee their 'a-game' with greater effectiveness. at the elite level, these differences can be minuscule but simultaneously significant.

that's how you get jose aldo beating frankie by only a single round on at least one score card in both fights meaning that frankie will now lose to yair, and people being absolutely gob smacked with how hilariously wrong a person can possibly be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if frankie beats up holloway are y'all going to be wondering how frankie became way better than aldo since their last fight or are you going to start thinking about how styles might have something to do with the outcome of a mixed martial arts contest?

• Locked thread