Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

gotta respect shogun he is still out there competing when most the dudes he came up with are long gone

i respect him he completely reinvented himself and became an elite fighter again after his legs didnt work no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mean Bean Machine posted:

WME loving sucks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
being afraid of ariel... . .

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
come back mobn

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
weidman didnt have crazy gastank. he got tired. I don't get that one

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

ariel sucks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i think rockhold might have some problems beating bisping, getting ktfo for example

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

I think rockhold beats bisping 1 time out of 2

Im going with mike. His tdd is strong, and rockholds not tougher or in better shape.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
won in the regular season, lost in the playoffs

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

El Roncho posted:

Talent, confidence, achievement, and a fat wad of cash would probably cause Jon Jonesesque activity in your average 20 something.

I think its usually the lack of those things

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/25/16024842/ufc-mma-news-interview-jose-aldo-max-holloway-conor-mcgregor-lightweight-fight-champion

Michael Chiesa is a worse loser than a Brazilian.

Aldo says Holloway is a great fighter who earned the title and that Frankie deserves the next title shot.

aldo is cool

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the reebok deal was hosed

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

i wonder how well reebok have done out of it.

strictly from my point of view as a fan, the deal they got was so good that it actually repulses me from their brand, they are actively loving the fighters i like. never mind the fact that the zips never work when the fighters attempt to take off a jacket, the myriad of design mishaps, and just generally shittyness (looks-wise) of their apparel.

i'd be surprised if my pov was pervasive, but i can't imagine anyone buying that poo poo.

I'd be curious to know that, too. I feel more or less the same as you do.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm also thinking that almost every champ who became a star became one in a division with a clear pecking order. GSP was the dominant welterweight king, but the next 5 or 6 guys were clearly a step ahead of the rest of the division, and when someone broke through them (like Alves murdering Hughes and Kos) it creates a narrative of 'here comes the new guy, upsetting the order.' Featherweight in general was a solid division with a lot of guys who were clearly good, but a step below Aldo. Jones had a bunch of solid (albeit old) guys to cut his teeth on. As much as we mock Ronda's run on housewives and soccer mums, they were the best housewives and soccer mums available.

We're getting into the weeds here but GSP was in big fights with BJ and Hughes. It was a huge deal. All three had equally big groups of people convinced they were the greatest ever and GSP beat both guys at the height of their power.

I don't really like youre other characterizations either but I'm too lazy to continue

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
gina, ronda and cris all stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Anyone concerned that we only have to watch woodley as champ because rory macdonald is taking fights against the likes of paul daley in the b leagues

• Locked thread