Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TheManFromFOXHOUND posted:

I found this article after reading "Theme of the Traitor and The Hero" and thinking that Fergus Kilpatrick might be based on a real person. I thought it was a pretty interesting overview of places where Borges took liberty with actual reality.

Both of those stories are pretty clearly riffs on G. K. Chesterton's "The Sign Of The Broken Sword"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I tried reading this last year in Spanish but my language skills were not quite up to it. I should give it another go.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

next month noms need

Something by V.S. Naipaul, like Miguel Street?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ppl need to read more poetry tbh, myself included

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
We did Iranian poetry once this year already

May not be able to get a poll up due to unforeseen circumstances

Right now I'm kinda leaning James Thurber, probably My Life and Hard Times

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 28, 2017

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

We did Iranian poetry once this year already

May not be able to get a poll up due to unforeseen circumstances

Right now I'm kinda leaning James Thurber, probably The Night the Bed Fell on Grandfather and other stories

i've had very little luck convincing people to read omeros in this forum, even though it's stupendous. that's a non-iranian poetry option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I wish I knew where to get a hold of ezra pound so I could suggest him. I'm a bit intrigued by his works (not his political views)

e: of course book depository has him

ulvir fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 28, 2017

• Locked thread