Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«96 »
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

There are lost episodes of course. Stories that were commissioned but never made. Or made but misfiled, post broadcast. Sheer incompetence, of course.

adhuin posted:

Please go and purchase everything between 101-150, so rest of us can get them discounted faster. TYA.

Well I WOULD, but you know...Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

adhuin posted:

Please go and purchase everything between 101-150, so rest of us can get them discounted faster. TYA.

Haha, well that will be awhile, there are so ma.... oh my God I'm only missing 6 of them

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste?
YUMMY!

Soiled Meat

I wasn't missing any

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

65 days left in the Capaldi era.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

CommonShore posted:

And only like 1 hour in those 65 days too.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

poo poo, I'd better get started on a big rewatch leading up to the finale soon. Might as well start back at The Empty Child, since it's the end of the Moffat era too...

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

2house2fly posted:

poo poo, I'd better get started on a big rewatch leading up to the finale soon. Might as well start back at The Empty Child The Curse of Fatal Death, since it's the end of the Moffat era too...

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

I saw this on my Twitter sidebar and my first thought was "He finally gave Power Of The Daleks back?"

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

I don't have the time to fill out questionnaires

Fil5000 posted:

It would have been fun but Lowe was pretty much perfect. I don't know if Pertwee could have had the interplay with Le Mesurier (specifically Mainwaring's massive inferiority complex) that made the character really work.

Yes, and the fact that Wilson literally looks down on him due to his size works so perfectly for that character dynamic, it's all just fuel for Mainwaring's simmering resentment at being out-classed on every level by an inferior officer. The gag wouldn't have worked with Pertwee for obvious reasons.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

Mugabe, still an objectively better influence on the Who fandom than Ian

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I would love it if mugabe found and returned exactly one more lost episode than Levine did.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Shakin' it at 2345 cm-1.

Fil5000 posted:

I would love it if mugabe found and returned exactly one more lost episode than Levine did.

Funnily enough, the news had this to say about the Mugabe deal:

quote:

Iain Levine, deputy executive director for programmes at Human Rights Watch, said on Twitter: “Given Mugabe’s appalling human rights record, calling him a goodwill ambassador for anything embarrasses WHO and Dr Tedros.”

No, Iain is not Ian. But this line did cause at least one of my eyebrows to rise, before I figured out what was going on.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

one cat, one vote, one beer

Hey, I never really got into the Big Finish thing. Any tips for some good ones to start off with?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I'm a bloomin' mathematical genius!
BOOM BOOM!

corn in the bible posted:

Hey, I never really got into the Big Finish thing. Any tips for some good ones to start off with?

Spare Parts, Storm Warning/Chimes of Midnight are the usual ones to start with

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

ACTION DUCK
Strikes Back

CommonShore posted:

Counterpoint: 65 days left until the Whittaker era

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Last Minute Big Finish Sale

Only 2 hours left to get 10% off everything at Big Finish with code MROCT2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

one cat, one vote, one beer

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Spare Parts, Storm Warning/Chimes of Midnight are the usual ones to start with

I will check those out. Any good McCoy stuff? I always liked him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Counterpoint: 65 days left until the Whittaker era

Maybe. We're going to get one line of dialogue and then nothing for more months. I'm going to look at the period after the Christmas special but before her first full episode as an Interdoctum.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your Mother!

Yeah, last I read they aren't targeting season 11 to start airing until autumn 2018, so it'll be a long wait.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

I liked Colditz (which also features pre-Doctor Who David Tennant), Red (100 mins of McCoy saying "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred!"), and Night Thoughts (adapted from an unused TV story).

Start with whatever you find interesting; the stories are mostly stand-alone though there are arcs in some of them. I'd also recommend Light at the End, Big Finish's very fun, but nonsense 50th anniversay special - as a good smorgasbord of how the doctors act.

There's also some pretty good pure historicals in there too, for a nice change of pace.

[e]: Echoing MrL_JaKiri, though, they are pretty good stories.
[e2]: gently caress, also check out Davros. Terry Malloy is loving amazing.
"I will not press this switch! I will not cower! I will not die! I WILL NOT DIE! THIS IS NOT THE END - THIS IS ONLY - THE BEGINNING!"

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at Oct 21, 2017 around 22:11

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

High marks for compassion, low marks for survival skills

quote:

[e2]: gently caress, also check out Davros. Terry Malloy is loving amazing.
"I will not press this switch! I will not cower! I will not die! I WILL NOT DIE! THIS IS NOT THE END - THIS IS ONLY - THE BEGINNING!"

This introduction is pretty much what convinced me that I needed to start listening to Big Finish stuff in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Harvest is ace. It's written by Dan Abnett and introduces Hex, a recurring companion for 7, and is generally a cool and good story.

«96 »